Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013

You're immediately discounted and discredited. Why? Because you have the actual balls to lay all the gridlock at the feet of the Democrats when the Republicans have said from DAY ONE OF PRESIDENT OBAMA'S term that their number one priority was ensuring he get only one term.

You're a hack. And the worst kind of hack. The hack who won't admit he's a hack.

Who's opposed to gridlock? It's sure better than the shit that came out of the fillibuster proof Democrat majority.

Couldn't agree more.

Everybody with a brain knows some typical jobs bills could bring back the country and the world Pubs ruined- Pubs have allowed NOTHING since 2/2010. Their BILLS are even just propaganda...

Obama's jobs act would produce 2 million jobs, lower UE 1%, add 2% to growth...can't have THAT! A disgrace. Pffffft! Pub dupes!

Who's opposed to gridlock? It's sure better than the shit that came out of the fillibuster proof Democrat majority.

Couldn't agree more.

Everybody with a brain knows some typical jobs bills could bring back the country and the world Pubs ruined- Pubs have allowed NOTHING since 2/2010. Their BILLS are even just propaganda...

Obama's jobs act would produce 2 million jobs, lower UE 1%, add 2% to growth...can't have THAT! A disgrace. Pffffft! Pub dupes!

Tell me about all the bills the Senate has tabled and get back to me.

So you never get a tax refund then?

OMG! Are you really claiming to be this dumb?

There are people that pay into taxes, federal, SSI, Medicaid and with tax credits get back more than they paid into all of them combined! It isn't uncommon for some that pay a couple thousand in all taxes combined, to get $6000 or $7000 back.

SSI and Medicaid don't effect your tax refund, you know that right?

The whole reason you get money back is that you supposedly paid more than enough in. And that goes for everyone. It's another reason that the "half the country doesn't pay taxes" meme is bullshit.

But thanks for helping me prove MY point, dinkus.

The reason so many people get big refunds back are NOT because THEY paid too much in. They are utilizing REFUNDABLE tax credits. Refundable tax credits are one of the purest forms of wealth redistribution out there. I don't mind seeing tax credits that would bring a poor person's income tax to zero, but find it wrong to "refund" money that was never paid in.

So you never get a tax refund then?

There are people that pay into taxes, federal, SSI, Medicaid and with tax credits get back more than they paid into all of them combined! It isn't uncommon for some that pay a couple thousand in all taxes combined, to get $6000 or $7000 back.

The whole reason you get money back is that you supposedly paid more than enough in. And that goes for everyone. It's another reason that the "half the country doesn't pay taxes" meme is bullshit.

If you pay in $1000 in all taxes and get back $6000, you did not pay more than enough in, you'd be getting back six times what you paid in, it is a tax credit.

Get a clue.

Foden20120707-Tax-Penalty20120706030249.jpg

Couldn't agree more.

Tell me about all the bills the Senate has tabled and get back to me.

I already did, they're ALL propaganda BS, ending pollution regulations and worker protection- wouldn't do a gd thing....

The reason so many people get big refunds back are NOT because THEY paid too much in. They are utilizing REFUNDABLE tax credits. Refundable tax credits are one of the purest forms of wealth redistribution out there. I don't mind seeing tax credits that would bring a poor person's income tax to zero, but find it wrong to "refund" money that was never paid in.

Oh. Okay. So you've never gotten a tax refund? And if you were due one, you sent it back on grounds that you really didn't deserve it then?

When you levy new taxes on ANY business, those costs WILL be passed DIRECTLY to consumers. Any benefit to the health insurance companies by having new customers will quickly be eaten away by the new mandatory "free" services that ObamaTax demands.

Sweet. Link me some evidence to that effect?

In addition, all the "new" customers will be utilize far more medical services when covered, whether they truly need them or not, because it will SEEM cheap and easy to them. Right now many people are not going to the Dr. for a cold. Under Obamatax, they will.

The insurance industry will simply pass costs on to consumers and now they know that there will be no increased competition like would occur if you could buy insurance across state lines.

Oh, also, there's a reason that insurance companies now have to spend 80% at minimum of what they take in on direct medical coverage. So if they do decide to raise rates, which they won't in any significant way, then they'd have to also increase the amount of direct medical care (not CEO bonuses and payroll) they give you.

You know, you post like you know a lot of shit, but clearly you have no idea how the ACA actually works.

Oh. Okay. So you've never gotten a tax refund? And if you were due one, you sent it back on grounds that you really didn't deserve it then?

Are you really not smart enough to know the difference between receiving back what you PERSONALLY overpaid and receiving money from a tax credit? It's not that difficult.

If you pay in $1000 in all taxes and get back $6000, you did not pay more than enough in, you'd be getting back six times what you paid in, it is a tax credit.

Get a clue.

EITC is a Reagan program, seemingly designed for the propaganda you swallow 100%. How bout good pay, and investment in infrastucture and education that Reaganism ignores? Just pandering to the rich and ruining the non rich and the country...Pub dupes!

Are you really not smart enough to know the difference between receiving back what you PERSONALLY overpaid and receiving money from a tax credit? It's not that difficult.

The person in which you address is probably one of the recipients...and think it's a good thing to get money he never earned...and laughs at the poor sap 'RICH GUY' that had to give it up so he could garner it.

ZERO Scruples. Zero Honesty...ABSOLUTELY Zero HONOR among thieves.

YOU have ZERO honor DERP.

While the individual mandate tax gets most of the attention, the ObamaCare law actually contains 20 new or higher taxes on the American people. These taxes are gradually phased in over the years 2010 (with its 10 percent “tanning tax”) to 2018 (when the tax on comprehensive health insurance plans kicks in.)

Six months from now, in January 2013, five major ObamaCare taxes will come into force:

Read more: Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013 | Fox News

So now that you've read the Roger Ailes Opinion on it, here's the truth.

obamacare_middle_class.jpg.png

Koolaid, goooodt, goodt Koolaid!

When you levy new taxes on ANY business, those costs WILL be passed DIRECTLY to consumers. Any benefit to the health insurance companies by having new customers will quickly be eaten away by the new mandatory "free" services that ObamaTax demands.

In addition, all the "new" customers will be utilize far more medical services when covered, whether they truly need them or not, because it will SEEM cheap and easy to them. Right now many people are not going to the Dr. for a cold. Under Obamatax, they will.

The insurance industry will simply pass costs on to consumers and now they know that there will be no increased competition like would occur if you could buy insurance across state lines.

Oh, also, there's a reason that insurance companies now have to spend 80% at minimum of what they take in on direct medical coverage. So if they do decide to raise rates, which they won't in any significant way, then they'd have to also increase the amount of direct medical care (not CEO bonuses and payroll) they give you.

You know, you post like you know a lot of shit, but clearly you have no idea how the ACA actually works.

I think that we'll find as we go that it's you that really has no idea how the ACA will end up working. While most of what I posted is common knowledge as well as common sense, I'll put a couple of links up for you to study. As to the premium increases, as a small business owner, I know first hand about the massive increases in individual insurance premiums.

*************************************This study is an analysis of the causes of the increase in health care costs. The major culprit in the seemingly endless rise in health care costs is found to be the removal of the patient as a major participant in the financial and medical choices that are currently being made by others in the name of the patient.

The increasing share of medical bills paid by third-party payers (insurance companies and governments) and the disastrous consequences are documented. Patients overuse medical resources since those resources appear to be free or almost free. Producers of medical equipment create new and more expensive devices, even if they are of only marginal benefit, since third-party payers create a guaranteed market. Attempts to rein in those costs have led to a blizzard of paperwork but proven ineffective in controlling costs.

The cure for the present problems is straightforward: the patient must once again be made the central actor in the medical marketplace. Patients need to be given the same motivations to economize on medical care that they have to economize in other markets. Tax laws need to be rewritten. The use of medical savings accounts needs to be promoted. High-deductible health insurance should be encouraged.

Returning the patient, and normal market principles, to center stage is all that is necessary to bring the costs of health care under control.

Why Health Care Costs Too Much

Bethany College in Lindsborg, Kan., this past year offered a 12-month plan that cost students $445, while capping payouts at $10,000. For the 2012-13 academic year, the Obama administration said the payout cap must be at least $100,000. Bethany said students would have had to pay more than $2,000 to get that new level of coverage.

“We decided not to offer coverage for our students next year given the proposed increase in premium,” said Bob Schmoll, Bethany’s vice president for finance.

Mr. Schmoll said his school wished it could have kept the limited-coverage plan, which he said was a “fairly robust program for the type of need that most students of that age have.” Even the old premium was “for many a struggle to pay,” he said. Students previously had to sign up for the school’s plan if they didn’t have other insurance. Now students won’t be required to have health coverage.

ObamaCare’s mandated increases to payout caps are going to hit a lot of students, particularly at smaller colleges. Randofsky reports that “some 60% of schools’ plans had coverage of $50,000 or less for specific conditions, and almost all of the rest had some sort of payout caps that they will have to do away with by 2014,” according to a General Accounting Office study. Unlike politically connected businesses and labor unions, universities couldn’t score those marvelous ObamaCare waivers to slip out from beneath these sledgehammer mandates.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/06/...p-coverage-due-to-obamacare/*****************

Get a clue.

EITC is a Reagan program, seemingly designed for the propaganda you swallow 100%. How bout good pay, and investment in infrastucture and education that Reaganism ignores? Just pandering to the rich and ruining the non rich and the country...Pub dupes!

Ok, you are really a dumbass, I never said the program was good or bad, it is your ass buddy Conservadope that claims it doesn't happen. Why don't you go tell him what the program is, he is the dumbass that doesn't understand the program.
All you are is a partisan ass licker, you attack anyone on the right and dismiss an idiot like Conservadope because you are bedding him.

Good point...government education is pretty poor in this country....thinking about it most everything the government touches is pretty poor in this country and always , yes, I said "always" costs more than what they sell the product. I expect no different with the ACA.

UHS would be a financial disaster in our country as it is in most other countries with a sizable population.

I get it, Conservative dogma dictates Government=Bad. I just don't see it. Universal Health Care is part of so many developed and civilized nations, and has been for so long that I know it's not just the end of society like rhetoric would claim otherwise.

No, it's not perfect, but what in this world is? The bottom line is that Britain has had socialized medicine in some form or another since like 1918 or something. And they're still standing. Yes, there are bad aspects of the NHS, but it has functioned and provided vital health care to millions of Britons, and that's a bad thing how?
Here's a hint how the UK does it...and there's more that I haven't listed, but wanted to give you an idea on how UK finances their healthcare...and yet they're still in some very serious debt. You may run your house like that, but I sure don't. If our economy plunges, it would have a serious ripple effect around the world, and surely we would be off the US dollar standards, probably use china's currency.
UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
0 - £2,560 10 per cent (starting rate for savings only)
0 - £35,000 20 per cent (basic rate)
£35,001 - £150,000 40 per cent (higher rate)
Over £150,000 50 per cent (additional rate)
Income tax rates
TV license per year
A colour television licence is £116 a year (around $192 US)
Gas Tax
Sixty per cent of the price of unleaded petrol

Read more: Fuel tax: British motorists pay up to 60% duty and VAT on petrol | Mail Online

UN debt
£1,003.9bn.....64.2% of GDP for roughly 62 million people
but Meister, they are NOT paying $600 a month for their Health Care Insurance with another $3000 out of pocket expense before the Insurance comes in and pays for any care, and the companies are not paying their 60% of the employee's health care insurance.

So the question for me and many other families would be, if we had a universal Health Care Plan, would we be charged in taxes MORE than the $1000 a month I pay now for health insurance? my quess would be that we would pay less, if there were no middle man costs involved, such as the for profit insurance industry who just pushes paper....

Even if matt and I had to pay $600 a month extra in taxes for a universal Plan, we still come out with $400 a month MORE in our own pockets of our own money...

yes, this could vary per household, I understand all of that...I'm just saying, it matters none to me, whether I am forced to pay a for profit Insurer $1000 a month or pay the govt $600 a month, for the same or better services, other than the savings.

Forum List

Back