Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013

yes, this could vary per household, I understand all of that...I'm just saying, it matters none to me, whether I am forced to pay a for profit Insurer $1000 a month or pay the govt $600 a month, for the same or better services, other than the savings.

This is precisely why I want Universal Health Care as well. It's just amazing to me that Conservatives truly believe that the only thing our taxes should pay for is whatever THEY decide. Fuck them. In the mouth. It's OUR tax money too, and I'm sick and tired of them thinking they own the tax debate. They don't.

When you levy new taxes on ANY business, those costs WILL be passed DIRECTLY to consumers. Any benefit to the health insurance companies by having new customers will quickly be eaten away by the new mandatory "free" services that ObamaTax demands.

Sweet. Link me some evidence to that effect?

The insurance industry will simply pass costs on to consumers and now they know that there will be no increased competition like would occur if you could buy insurance across state lines.

Oh, also, there's a reason that insurance companies now have to spend 80% at minimum of what they take in on direct medical coverage. So if they do decide to raise rates, which they won't in any significant way, then they'd have to also increase the amount of direct medical care (not CEO bonuses and payroll) they give you.

You know, you post like you know a lot of shit, but clearly you have no idea how the ACA actually works.

I think that we'll find as we go that it's you that really has no idea how the ACA will end up working. While most of what I posted is common knowledge as well as common sense, I'll put a couple of links up for you to study. As to the premium increases, as a small business owner, I know first hand about the massive increases in individual insurance premiums.

*************************************This study is an analysis of the causes of the increase in health care costs. The major culprit in the seemingly endless rise in health care costs is found to be the removal of the patient as a major participant in the financial and medical choices that are currently being made by others in the name of the patient.

The increasing share of medical bills paid by third-party payers (insurance companies and governments) and the disastrous consequences are documented. Patients overuse medical resources since those resources appear to be free or almost free. Producers of medical equipment create new and more expensive devices, even if they are of only marginal benefit, since third-party payers create a guaranteed market. Attempts to rein in those costs have led to a blizzard of paperwork but proven ineffective in controlling costs.

The cure for the present problems is straightforward: the patient must once again be made the central actor in the medical marketplace. Patients need to be given the same motivations to economize on medical care that they have to economize in other markets. Tax laws need to be rewritten. The use of medical savings accounts needs to be promoted. High-deductible health insurance should be encouraged.

Returning the patient, and normal market principles, to center stage is all that is necessary to bring the costs of health care under control.

Why Health Care Costs Too Much

Bethany College in Lindsborg, Kan., this past year offered a 12-month plan that cost students $445, while capping payouts at $10,000. For the 2012-13 academic year, the Obama administration said the payout cap must be at least $100,000. Bethany said students would have had to pay more than $2,000 to get that new level of coverage.

“We decided not to offer coverage for our students next year given the proposed increase in premium,” said Bob Schmoll, Bethany’s vice president for finance.

Mr. Schmoll said his school wished it could have kept the limited-coverage plan, which he said was a “fairly robust program for the type of need that most students of that age have.” Even the old premium was “for many a struggle to pay,” he said. Students previously had to sign up for the school’s plan if they didn’t have other insurance. Now students won’t be required to have health coverage.

ObamaCare’s mandated increases to payout caps are going to hit a lot of students, particularly at smaller colleges. Randofsky reports that “some 60% of schools’ plans had coverage of $50,000 or less for specific conditions, and almost all of the rest had some sort of payout caps that they will have to do away with by 2014,” according to a General Accounting Office study. Unlike politically connected businesses and labor unions, universities couldn’t score those marvelous ObamaCare waivers to slip out from beneath these sledgehammer mandates.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/06/...p-coverage-due-to-obamacare/*****************

Boy, that's a lot of words. A lot of words that aren't backed up by any actual data.

Here's the thing, about Conservatives on this issue: It'll end up being just like Social Security. For about 70 years now you guys have been harping on and on and on and on about how terrible Social Security is, and how it's going to be the ruin of the nation. But in all reality it's been so successful that BOTH PARTIES have felt comfortable skimming the surplus out Social Security to pay for other projects.

So I'm fully prepared to hear for the next 60 years "Obamacare is going to ruin us!" And meanwhile, it won't. Because at the end of the day, Conservatives are Chicken Little, but the sky doesn't fall. You keep warning of impending financial doom, and yet we're still here. If you fucktards would grow up about taxes, we'd be out of this hole in no time, and we could work out some 1980s style tax compromises.

But nah, you'd rather throw on your tri-corner hate and bluster and cry and whine about this shit for the next forever. So that's fine, poop mouths. There are plenty of Libs out there like me who aren't intimidated by a bunch old, crusty fucks who are probably all on Social Security and Medicare whining about others getting some help too.

You're hypocrites, and it's going to be fun spending the rest of my pointing that shit out to you all the time.

Dude.....I was always against syn taxes...your smoking, soft drinks, booze...I was against it all, so be more specific at what I want...try it again.
I was just saying that Obama wants UHS

As for sin taxes, not many folks ever seem to show up except the righteous and the sinners affected. If you were actually in our corner, thanks for the vote, but there never seemed to be much furor over taxing smokers.

Universal care is, I believe, exactly what Obama wanted when he made the proposal a few years back. He said he wanted "Affordable health care" for all Americans. What he got back for signature was "Slightly more affordable health INSURANCE - for now" and a few concessions in Medicare.

My years of union service tells me that he signed this legislation hoping that it would pave the way for something better down the road, because sometimes you just have to take what they give you.

That WAS my exact point.

I always said when they raised taxes on smoking that it was just a the first door to open for taxes. Now it's soda, candy, tanning booths, etc. Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

when u haer the words "it could save a life" just run, everytime a lib says those words i just leave em talking because i know where it will end. Mostly in the garbage for another lib to find and pick up and run with, but thats where the inevitable idea will end up.

yes, this could vary per household, I understand all of that...I'm just saying, it matters none to me, whether I am forced to pay a for profit Insurer $1000 a month or pay the govt $600 a month, for the same or better services, other than the savings.

This is precisely why I want Universal Health Care as well. It's just amazing to me that Conservatives truly believe that the only thing our taxes should pay for is whatever THEY decide. Fuck them. In the mouth. It's OUR tax money too, and I'm sick and tired of them thinking they own the tax debate. They don't.

Libs always attacking always insulting.

Libs always attacking always insulting.

You're right. I've never heard a single Right Winger insult liberals...ever.

rushcigar.jpg

4022892.jpg

(Hannity looks like he's shitting his pants)
glenn-beck.jpg

The charts are made specifically for simple minded liberals who can not understand the healthcare law. It's like pre-school politics.

It is not that hard to understand. Obama has never had a private sector job so know nothing about sales and expenses and profit. He only understand that it is fun to spend money you don't have to earn. We your source (America) is broke how do you get it. TAX, TAX, TAX. That is what he knows and that is what he will do.

It is not that hard to understand. Obama has never had a private sector job so know nothing about sales and expenses and profit. He only understand that it is fun to spend money you don't have to earn. We your source (America) is broke how do you get it. TAX, TAX, TAX. That is what he knows and that is what he will do.
hmmm, let's see...President Bush DID have private sector experience and he and his congress, overspent $6 trillion dollars during his 8 years, all added to the national debt. I don't think you can chalk up over spending to not working in the private sector....:eusa_whistle:

I get it, Conservative dogma dictates Government=Bad. I just don't see it. Universal Health Care is part of so many developed and civilized nations, and has been for so long that I know it's not just the end of society like rhetoric would claim otherwise.

No, it's not perfect, but what in this world is? The bottom line is that Britain has had socialized medicine in some form or another since like 1918 or something. And they're still standing. Yes, there are bad aspects of the NHS, but it has functioned and provided vital health care to millions of Britons, and that's a bad thing how?
Here's a hint how the UK does it...and there's more that I haven't listed, but wanted to give you an idea on how UK finances their healthcare...and yet they're still in some very serious debt. You may run your house like that, but I sure don't. If our economy plunges, it would have a serious ripple effect around the world, and surely we would be off the US dollar standards, probably use china's currency.
UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
0 - £2,560 10 per cent (starting rate for savings only)
0 - £35,000 20 per cent (basic rate)
£35,001 - £150,000 40 per cent (higher rate)
Over £150,000 50 per cent (additional rate)
Income tax rates
TV license per year
A colour television licence is £116 a year (around $192 US)
Gas Tax
Sixty per cent of the price of unleaded petrol

Read more: Fuel tax: British motorists pay up to 60% duty and VAT on petrol | Mail Online

UN debt
£1,003.9bn.....64.2% of GDP for roughly 62 million people
but Meister, they are NOT paying $600 a month for their Health Care Insurance with another $3000 out of pocket expense before the Insurance comes in and pays for any care, and the companies are not paying their 60% of the employee's health care insurance.

So the question for me and many other families would be, if we had a universal Health Care Plan, would we be charged in taxes MORE than the $1000 a month I pay now for health insurance? my quess would be that we would pay less, if there were no middle man costs involved, such as the for profit insurance industry who just pushes paper....

Even if matt and I had to pay $600 a month extra in taxes for a universal Plan, we still come out with $400 a month MORE in our own pockets of our own money...

These countries are running up massive debt, Care....even with all those taxes. Our government isn't going to be able to contain those costs with near the same or better services. In fact, we will end up with paying more for less, count on it. The costs are already being revised upward, for the same service..something from .9 trillion to nearly 1.8 trillion...and it's only going to get worse. Difference is with your 600 a month government service and your 1000 a month private service is that the government is just going to increase it's debt to cover the shortfall. But, rest assured that the taxes will keep rising along with the debt. It may not bother you with taxes, but it sure bothers me, because the days of personal savings will be no more than a dream. Like so many countries, your born poor, your going to stay poor, your born middle class, your going to stay middle class.
The American dream will surely be dead. I'm just glad I'm in my 60's because I'm not going to see the full effect of this debacle in my lifetime in America, but I can look at the major players in Europe struggling with debt, deficit, and massive government.

Here's a hint how the UK does it...and there's more that I haven't listed, but wanted to give you an idea on how UK finances their healthcare...and yet they're still in some very serious debt. You may run your house like that, but I sure don't. If our economy plunges, it would have a serious ripple effect around the world, and surely we would be off the US dollar standards, probably use china's currency.
UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
0 - £2,560 10 per cent (starting rate for savings only)
0 - £35,000 20 per cent (basic rate)
£35,001 - £150,000 40 per cent (higher rate)
Over £150,000 50 per cent (additional rate)
Income tax rates
TV license per year
A colour television licence is £116 a year (around $192 US)
Gas Tax
Sixty per cent of the price of unleaded petrol

Read more: Fuel tax: British motorists pay up to 60% duty and VAT on petrol | Mail Online

UN debt
£1,003.9bn.....64.2% of GDP for roughly 62 million people
but Meister, they are NOT paying $600 a month for their Health Care Insurance with another $3000 out of pocket expense before the Insurance comes in and pays for any care, and the companies are not paying their 60% of the employee's health care insurance.

So the question for me and many other families would be, if we had a universal Health Care Plan, would we be charged in taxes MORE than the $1000 a month I pay now for health insurance? my quess would be that we would pay less, if there were no middle man costs involved, such as the for profit insurance industry who just pushes paper....

Even if matt and I had to pay $600 a month extra in taxes for a universal Plan, we still come out with $400 a month MORE in our own pockets of our own money...

These countries are running up massive debt, Care....even with all those taxes. Our government isn't going to be able to contain those costs with near the same or better services. In fact, we will end up with paying more for less, count on it. The costs are already being revised upward, for the same service..something from .9 trillion to nearly 1.8 trillion...and it's only going to get worse. Difference is with your 600 a month government service and your 1000 a month private service is that the government is just going to increase it's debt to cover the shortfall. But, rest assured that the taxes will keep rising along with the debt. It may not bother you with taxes, but it sure bothers me, because the days of personal savings will be no more than a dream. Like so many countries, your born poor, your going to stay poor, your born middle class, your going to stay middle class.
The American dream will surely be dead. I'm just glad I'm in my 60's because I'm not going to see the full effect of this debacle in my lifetime in America, but I can look at the major players in Europe struggling with debt, deficit, and massive government.
The only real solution is for government to remove themselves entirely from subsidizing health care in this country...that means no tax deduction for employers for paying a portion of their employee's health care, no deduction for us individuals for our health care costs on our taxes, no Medicare for 65 and older people, no Medicaid for the poorest among us, no clinics funded by our gvt for people in rural areas, no compensation from our gvt to hospitals treating the needy without insurance, no funding from our government towards medical schools, no special grants for med students, no funding from our gvt for medical research, no funding from our government for Pharma research, no medicare part D, no funding for Science, no funding for nursing schools or med tech schooling....no health care funding for the non profit hospitals...

I am certain there is a gazillion more things the government is meddling with in the medical health care arena that I have not listed as well....

See Meister, there is ALREADY all of this intervention by our government for all of the people and institutions and businesses that I have listed above....our government is already so deep in to do do with this, I honestly don't know of any way out of it....and if there is no way out of it, then why should a few million people be LEFT OUT COMPLETELY from all of this subsidizing by our government that is going on? Since our government is already spending billions upon billions upon billions a year on the health care and insurance sector already...why not just have a plan for ALL AMERICANS? We are already screwed with higher prices due to our government involvement with spending our taxes in this area. So unless our government truly walks away from their health care subsidies and involvement, then prices in the market will never get to adjust down to a 'real market'' value....and we are all 'dicked', from here to kingdom come with the higher prices.

I am just saying that I actually believe most of us in the middle class, would be "dicked" less, if our government at this point in the game, was just running it.

Last edited:
"Lots of different tax hikes are tucked into the Affordable Care Act. If you’re a tanning salon, a medical device maker, a pharmaceutical company, a small business owner who doesn’t want to provide health insurance coverage to your employees, or an individual who refuses coverage, you’re going to have to cough up more money to the IRS in the form of penalties, fees, and yes, taxes. Individuals earning $200,000 or above and couples earning at least $250,000 will pay a 0.9% Medicare surtax and a 3.8% surtax on investment income. Some of these taxes—such as the 2.3 percent excise tax on the sale of medical devices—could be passed along to consumers."

Why Obamacare's Tax Increase Isn't the Biggest Ever - Businessweek

the thing is misty, alot of what is being said is simply not true:

A 2.3% excise tax will be assessed on U.S. sales of Class I, II, and III medical devices starting Jan. 1 as part of the 2010 Affordable Care Act, which was recently upheld by a controversial 5-4 U.S. Supreme Court decision. Companies with annual sales below $5 million are exempted and companies with sales in the $5 million to $25 million range pay taxes on half of gross receipts. The tax does not apply to items such as glasses that are bought at retail stores
Plastics Today

Why isn't this mentioned when speaking about the tax? I've seen article after article on what republicans are saying yet NO ONE comes in and corrects them on who gets affected, and how the tax is actually applied....the medical device industry has spent more money lobbying against the tax, with repubs in their pocket on this one, than what the tax would actually cost them....

and if these companies are so so so perfect, where there is no room for them to improve with their own expenses or operational costs where they can't make up for this tax, then God's blessed them!

I've never worked for a corporation that couldn't improve themselves....

"Lots of different tax hikes are tucked into the Affordable Care Act. If you’re a tanning salon, a medical device maker, a pharmaceutical company, a small business owner who doesn’t want to provide health insurance coverage to your employees, or an individual who refuses coverage, you’re going to have to cough up more money to the IRS in the form of penalties, fees, and yes, taxes. Individuals earning $200,000 or above and couples earning at least $250,000 will pay a 0.9% Medicare surtax and a 3.8% surtax on investment income. Some of these taxes—such as the 2.3 percent excise tax on the sale of medical devices—could be passed along to consumers."

Why Obamacare's Tax Increase Isn't the Biggest Ever - Businessweek

Full List of Obamacare Tax Hikes

While the individual mandate tax gets most of the attention, the ObamaCare law actually contains 20 new or higher taxes on the American people. These taxes are gradually phased in over the years 2010 (with its 10 percent “tanning tax”) to 2018 (when the tax on comprehensive health insurance plans kicks in.)

Six months from now, in January 2013, five major ObamaCare taxes will come into force:

Read more: Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013 | Fox News

"Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan once famously told an opponent in a debate: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." I was reminded of that last Thursday when former corporate raider Mitt Romney, who made millions out-sourcing American jobs to foreign countries, expressed his opinion on the Supreme Court's decision upholding Obamacare. In just one paragraph of his speech, Romney made six claims that bear no relation to the real world. He created "fake-facts" about health care reform and totally distorted the law's real impact. This is an old Karl Rove campaign tactic -- make things up -- on steroids."

rove_arrested.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm, let's see...President Bush DID have private sector experience and he and his congress, overspent $6 trillion dollars during his 8 years, all added to the national debt. I don't think you can chalk up over spending to not working in the private sector....:eusa_whistle:

This from CBS news:

(Credit: CBS) (CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.

The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.

If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.

So you never get a tax refund then?

OMG! Are you really claiming to be this dumb?

There are people that pay into taxes, federal, SSI, Medicaid and with tax credits get back more than they paid into all of them combined! It isn't uncommon for some that pay a couple thousand in all taxes combined, to get $6000 or $7000 back.

SSI and Medicaid don't effect your tax refund, you know that right?

The whole reason you get money back is that you supposedly paid more than enough in. And that goes for everyone. It's another reason that the "half the country doesn't pay taxes" meme is bullshit.

But thanks for helping me prove MY point, dinkus.

I and the huffpuff website call BS on your BS.
Nearly half of American tax filers will pay no federal income taxes this year, according to data released by the Tax Policy Center.

Some 76 million tax filers, or 46.4 percent of the total, will be exempt from federal income tax in 2011.

But with the help of the government, a similar percentage of filers -- many of them among the bottom 40 percent of earners -- have legally avoided paying federal income tax for the past several years.

46 Percent of Americans Exempt From Federal Income Tax in 2011

Forum List

Back