Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013

Of course, if you count all taxes and fees, even the poor pay more than the richest %wise, dupe. All your fear mongered "facts' on health care are also pure Pubcrappe. Change the channel, corporate tools LOL

Romneycare a great success, none of the PUB doom and gloom.

Frontline said cost rises are now 2%, easily the lowest in the USA. So change the channel...

For this reason he also provided for subsidies for individuals living below three times the federal poverty line to make insurance affordable.

This “three-legged stool”—banning discrimination in insurance markets, mandating that individuals purchase insurance, and providing low-income subsidies for insurance purchase—became the basis for both our reform in Massachusetts and for the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

The enormous success of health-care reform in the almost six years since its passage in Massachusetts can make us more confident that this three-legged stool will work for the nation as a whole. We have covered about two-thirds of uninsured Massachusetts residents, and have lowered the premiums in the non-group market by half relative to national premium trends. And we have done so with broad public support.

Moreover, this reform succeeded without interfering with the employer-sponsored insurance market that works for most of our residents: employer-sponsored insurance coverage has actually risen in Massachusetts, while falling sharply nationally, and the premiums for employer-sponsored insurance rose no faster in Massachusetts than they did nationally.This was all possible because the individual mandate ended the “death spiral” of trying to obtain fairly priced insurance by just forcing insurers to charge everyone the same price.

The bottom line is that we can’t have fairly priced insurance for the healthy and sick alike without the broad participation that is guaranteed by the mandate. The mandate is the spinach we have to eat to get the dessert that is fairly priced insurance coverage.

Actually, RomneyCare is an enormous success « Hot Air HeadlinesMar 27, 2012 ... Actually, RomneyCare is an enormous success. Into this chasm stepped the hero of our story, Governor Mitt Romney, and his plan for ...http://www.factcheck.org/2011/03/rom...nd-falsehoods/ -

Cachedromneycare success - Google Search

Last edited:
OMG! Are you really claiming to be this dumb?

There are people that pay into taxes, federal, SSI, Medicaid and with tax credits get back more than they paid into all of them combined! It isn't uncommon for some that pay a couple thousand in all taxes combined, to get $6000 or $7000 back.

SSI and Medicaid don't effect your tax refund, you know that right?

The whole reason you get money back is that you supposedly paid more than enough in. And that goes for everyone. It's another reason that the "half the country doesn't pay taxes" meme is bullshit.

But thanks for helping me prove MY point, dinkus.

I and the huffpuff website call BS on your BS.
Nearly half of American tax filers will pay no federal income taxes this year, according to data released by the Tax Policy Center.

Some 76 million tax filers, or 46.4 percent of the total, will be exempt from federal income tax in 2011.

But with the help of the government, a similar percentage of filers -- many of them among the bottom 40 percent of earners -- have legally avoided paying federal income tax for the past several years.

46 Percent of Americans Exempt From Federal Income Tax in 2011

The meme is still bullshit, holmes. It's bullshit distortion is all. I mean, you did read the part in your post where it said most of them are in the lower 40 percent of earners, right? What I said stands, and what you posted just backs me up.

Move along, muh-facka.

While the individual mandate tax gets most of the attention, the ObamaCare law actually contains 20 new or higher taxes on the American people. These taxes are gradually phased in over the years 2010 (with its 10 percent “tanning tax”) to 2018 (when the tax on comprehensive health insurance plans kicks in.)

Six months from now, in January 2013, five major ObamaCare taxes will come into force:

Read more: Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013 | Fox News

You left out the number one cause of bankruptcy: Medical bills - the worst "tax" of all.

"Most people who are driven into bankruptcy by illness and medical bills actually have coverage, but it's such inadequate coverage that it doesn't keep them from financial ruin. They're facing huge premiums and copayments and deductibles - and things that aren't covered by their insurance."

Medical Bills Leading Cause of Bankruptcy

While the individual mandate tax gets most of the attention, the ObamaCare law actually contains 20 new or higher taxes on the American people. These taxes are gradually phased in over the years 2010 (with its 10 percent “tanning tax”) to 2018 (when the tax on comprehensive health insurance plans kicks in.)

Six months from now, in January 2013, five major ObamaCare taxes will come into force:

Read more: Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013 | Fox News

You left out the number one cause of bankruptcy: Medical bills - the worst "tax" of all.

"Most people who are driven into bankruptcy by illness and medical bills actually have coverage, but it's such inadequate coverage that it doesn't keep them from financial ruin. They're facing huge premiums and copayments and deductibles - and things that aren't covered by their insurance."

Medical Bills Leading Cause of Bankruptcy

yep. Its a "stealth-tax". The cons just don't "get it" :rolleyes:

SSI and Medicaid don't effect your tax refund, you know that right?

The whole reason you get money back is that you supposedly paid more than enough in. And that goes for everyone. It's another reason that the "half the country doesn't pay taxes" meme is bullshit.

But thanks for helping me prove MY point, dinkus.

I and the huffpuff website call BS on your BS.
Nearly half of American tax filers will pay no federal income taxes this year, according to data released by the Tax Policy Center.

Some 76 million tax filers, or 46.4 percent of the total, will be exempt from federal income tax in 2011.

But with the help of the government, a similar percentage of filers -- many of them among the bottom 40 percent of earners -- have legally avoided paying federal income tax for the past several years.

46 Percent of Americans Exempt From Federal Income Tax in 2011

The meme is still bullshit, holmes. It's bullshit distortion is all. I mean, you did read the part in your post where it said most of them are in the lower 40 percent of earners, right? What I said stands, and what you posted just backs me up.

Move along, muh-facka.

The only part I read was

That means, for the terminally brain dead, that ALMOST half of those that file their federal income taxes do not pay any tax.

Move along, muh-facka.

The only part I read was

That means, for the terminally brain dead, that ALMOST half of those that file their federal income taxes do not pay any tax.

*shrug*

You mad?

It is not that hard to understand. Obama has never had a private sector job so know nothing about sales and expenses and profit. He only understand that it is fun to spend money you don't have to earn. We your source (America) is broke how do you get it. TAX, TAX, TAX. That is what he knows and that is what he will do.
hmmm, let's see...President Bush DID have private sector experience and he and his congress, overspent $6 trillion dollars during his 8 years, all added to the national debt. I don't think you can chalk up over spending to not working in the private sector....:eusa_whistle:

This from CBS news:

(Credit: CBS) (CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.

The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.

If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.
fyi-you need to FACT CHECK that political commentary you are quoting as 'fact'....

hmmm, let's see...President Bush DID have private sector experience and he and his congress, overspent $6 trillion dollars during his 8 years, all added to the national debt. I don't think you can chalk up over spending to not working in the private sector....:eusa_whistle:

This from CBS news:

(Credit: CBS) (CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.

The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.

If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.
fyi-you need to FACT CHECK that political commentary you are quoting as 'fact'....

Feel free to do the FACT CHECK if you don't believe the lefties at CBS News, who are using the Obama Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department for their numbers.

Of course, if you count all taxes and fees, even the poor pay more than the richest %wise, dupe. All your fear mongered "facts' on health care are also pure Pubcrappe. Change the channel, corporate tools LOL

Romneycare a great success, none of the PUB doom and gloom.

Frontline said cost rises are now 2%, easily the lowest in the USA. So change the channel...

For this reason he also provided for subsidies for individuals living below three times the federal poverty line to make insurance affordable.

This “three-legged stool”—banning discrimination in insurance markets, mandating that individuals purchase insurance, and providing low-income subsidies for insurance purchase—became the basis for both our reform in Massachusetts and for the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

The enormous success of health-care reform in the almost six years since its passage in Massachusetts can make us more confident that this three-legged stool will work for the nation as a whole. We have covered about two-thirds of uninsured Massachusetts residents, and have lowered the premiums in the non-group market by half relative to national premium trends. And we have done so with broad public support.

Moreover, this reform succeeded without interfering with the employer-sponsored insurance market that works for most of our residents: employer-sponsored insurance coverage has actually risen in Massachusetts, while falling sharply nationally, and the premiums for employer-sponsored insurance rose no faster in Massachusetts than they did nationally.This was all possible because the individual mandate ended the “death spiral” of trying to obtain fairly priced insurance by just forcing insurers to charge everyone the same price.

The bottom line is that we can’t have fairly priced insurance for the healthy and sick alike without the broad participation that is guaranteed by the mandate. The mandate is the spinach we have to eat to get the dessert that is fairly priced insurance coverage.

Actually, RomneyCare is an enormous success « Hot Air HeadlinesMar 27, 2012 ... Actually, RomneyCare is an enormous success. Into this chasm stepped the hero of our story, Governor Mitt Romney, and his plan for ...http://www.factcheck.org/2011/03/rom...nd-falsehoods/ -

Cachedromneycare success - Google Search

I'm sure RomneyCare works well on a state level, not sure why states, just don't enact their own, nothing seems to work well on a National scale, look at education, highest in the world, mediocre results.

I'm sure RomneyCare works well on a state level, not sure why states, just don't enact their own, nothing seems to work well on a National scale, look at education, highest in the world, mediocre results.

Almost every state has accepted a great deal of federal grant money to enact their own (whether or not they've followed through is a different story). That's what the past two years have been about.

Yeah I think a lot of these morons that voted for Obama actually believed they were going to get FREE health care.---:lol::lol:

75-obamacare-taxes-obama-politics-1341525664.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah I think a lot of these morons that voted for Obama actually believed they were going to get FREE health care.---:lol::lol:

75-obamacare-taxes-obama-politics-1341525664.jpg

And where on that chart does it show you that the only reason those people are paying is because they refused to buy health insurance and chose to have the rest of us pay for their health care costs when they can't afford them, again?

Oh that's right, it's Fux News, so why would they do that?

Almost every state has accepted a great deal of federal grant money to enact their own (whether or not they've followed through is a different story). That's what the past two years have been about.

No, the last two years is pulling away freedom from the American people.

And it seems the Feds have failed at education, why trust them for getting this right?

1)

These are often small, scrappy companies with less than 20 employees who pioneer the next generation of life-prolonging devices

Say you're a small scrappy company with less than 20 employees. You have the choice to get 44 MILLION new customers, but it comes at the cost of a 2.3% excise tax. Do you take the deal? The 2.3% excise tax will be dwarfed by the amount of new business medical device manufactures get as a result of near universal coverage. This is obvious.

2)

This onerous tax provision will hit Americans facing the highest out-of-pocket medical bills. Currently, Americans are allowed to deduct medical expenses on their 1040 form to the extent the costs exceed 7.5 percent of one’s adjusted gross income.

High out-of-pocket expenses are generally a result of being uninsured or under-insured.

3)
This onerous tax provision will hit Americans facing the highest out-of-pocket medical bills. Currently, Americans are allowed to deduct medical expenses on their 1040 form to the extent the costs exceed 7.5 percent of one’s adjusted gross income.

I don't have a FSA with more than 2500 in annual contributions. So the subject line is false -this won't hit my wallet.

Who here does have an FSA that will be affected by this? Anyone?

4)
Under current law, the capital gains tax rate for all Americans rises from 15 to 20 percent in 2013, while the top dividend rate rises from 15 to 39.6 percent. The new ObamaCare surtax takes the top capital gains rate to 23.8 percent and top dividend rate to 43.4 percent. The tax will take a minimum of $123 billion out of taxpayer pockets over the next ten years.

I'm middle class. Doesn't apply to me. I'll get to enjoy the same tax loophole capital gains rates that I always have.
5)
5. The ObamaCare Medicare Payroll Tax increase

Does not apply to me because my wife and I earn less than 250k.

So while the subject heading says the taxes will affect MY wallet- they actually do not.

Which ones of those hit YOU? Being on Medicare, you will actually be getting money from those taxes, not paying them.

Where did she say they would hit her? They are hitting the Middle class, but don't Bother Disputing it, Just make fun of the Poster for Being on MC.

Well Played, Hack

Which ones of those hit YOU? Being on Medicare, you will actually be getting money from those taxes, not paying them.

Where did she say they would hit her? They are hitting the Middle class, but don't Bother Disputing it, Just make fun of the Poster for Being on MC.

Well Played, Hack

Which middle class are the taxes hitting? The ones that make over 250k a year? That middle class?

Well Played, Hack

Which middle class are the taxes hitting? The ones that make over 250k a year? That middle class?

Maybe it's the middle class which can afford an individual "Cadillac" policy of more than $27,500/year on less than $250k.

SO when the ACA doesn't end up dramatically driving up taxes or health insurance costs, will all the Conservatives here admit they were wrong? Will Fux News apologize for spreading lies?

Oh shit. I forgot I wasn't dreaming anymore. My bagel.

Forum List

Back