Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013

So now that you've read the Roger Ailes Opinion on it, here's the truth.

obamacare_middle_class.jpg.png

So it took 2700 pages to create this simple chart? Really?

You're not going to like my answer:

No. It took a chart to debunk the lies of the Right Wing media about "THE LARGEST TAX HIKE IN THE HISTORY OF THE PLANET." That's what the chart's for. In case you forgot, our country is ranked pretty low in education, after all.

And here we've wasted trillions on govt education and all we have is low education. Govt fails again.

No. It took a chart to debunk the lies of the Right Wing media about "THE LARGEST TAX HIKE IN THE HISTORY OF THE PLANET." That's what the chart's for. In case you forgot, our country is ranked pretty low in education, after all.

Good point...government education is pretty poor in this country....thinking about it most everything the government touches is pretty poor in this country and always , yes, I said "always" costs more than what they sell the product. I expect no different with the ACA.

UHS would be a financial disaster in our country as it is in most other countries with a sizable population.

The ACA is just a stepping stone for the vision of healthcare that Obama truly wants.

Jesus!

Where were you anti-tax heroes when they passed the referendums to arbitrarily add taxes to my smoking habit? You guys were no doubt champing at the bit to stop yet another hit on the low- and middle-class, right?

Or, were you convinced that you would be paying for my medical costs at some point so a tax sounded like a good idea at the time? Maybe it just didn't apply to you, so why bother getting involved?

And now that the Government actually treated you to the same dose of penalty taxation as they seem to hit me with every year and under both parties, you start screaming? Makes a load of sense to me.

Dude.....I was always against syn taxes...your smoking, soft drinks, booze...I was against it all, so be more specific at what I want...try it again.
I was just saying that Obama wants UHS

As for sin taxes, not many folks ever seem to show up except the righteous and the sinners affected. If you were actually in our corner, thanks for the vote, but there never seemed to be much furor over taxing smokers.

Universal care is, I believe, exactly what Obama wanted when he made the proposal a few years back. He said he wanted "Affordable health care" for all Americans. What he got back for signature was "Slightly more affordable health INSURANCE - for now" and a few concessions in Medicare.

My years of union service tells me that he signed this legislation hoping that it would pave the way for something better down the road, because sometimes you just have to take what they give you.

Jesus!

Where were you anti-tax heroes when they passed the referendums to arbitrarily add taxes to my smoking habit? You guys were no doubt champing at the bit to stop yet another hit on the low- and middle-class, right?

Or, were you convinced that you would be paying for my medical costs at some point so a tax sounded like a good idea at the time? Maybe it just didn't apply to you, so why bother getting involved?

And now that the Government actually treated you to the same dose of penalty taxation as they seem to hit me with every year and under both parties, you start screaming? Makes a load of sense to me.

Dude.....I was always against syn taxes...your smoking, soft drinks, booze...I was against it all, so be more specific at what I want...try it again.
I was just saying that Obama wants UHS

As for sin taxes, not many folks ever seem to show up except the righteous and the sinners affected. If you were actually in our corner, thanks for the vote, but there never seemed to be much furor over taxing smokers.

Universal care is, I believe, exactly what Obama wanted when he made the proposal a few years back. He said he wanted "Affordable health care" for all Americans. What he got back for signature was "Slightly more affordable health INSURANCE - for now" and a few concessions in Medicare.

My years of union service tells me that he signed this legislation hoping that it would pave the way for something better down the road, because sometimes you just have to take what they give you.

That WAS my exact point.

I always said when they raised taxes on smoking that it was just a the first door to open for taxes. Now it's soda, candy, tanning booths, etc. Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

And here we've wasted trillions on govt education and all we have is low education. Govt fails again.

And LOW standing in the world rather than the leaders we used to be.

Trillions spent and this is the finished govt product.

Good point...government education is pretty poor in this country....thinking about it most everything the government touches is pretty poor in this country and always , yes, I said "always" costs more than what they sell the product. I expect no different with the ACA.

UHS would be a financial disaster in our country as it is in most other countries with a sizable population.

I get it, Conservative dogma dictates Government=Bad. I just don't see it. Universal Health Care is part of so many developed and civilized nations, and has been for so long that I know it's not just the end of society like rhetoric would claim otherwise.

No, it's not perfect, but what in this world is? The bottom line is that Britain has had socialized medicine in some form or another since like 1918 or something. And they're still standing. Yes, there are bad aspects of the NHS, but it has functioned and provided vital health care to millions of Britons, and that's a bad thing how?

And that happened in the last four years only, right? You're a fucking stooge, you know that? If you can honestly pin every single bad thing about America on Obama, you are NO better than the people who claim Bush 2 did EVERYTHING wrong.

I'm calling you a hack. And a sycophant. And a fuckface, but that's just pejorative.

I get it, Conservative dogma dictates Government=Bad. I just don't see it. Universal Health Care is part of so many developed and civilized nations, and has been for so long that I know it's not just the end of society like rhetoric would claim otherwise.

No, it's not perfect, but what in this world is? The bottom line is that Britain has had socialized medicine in some form or another since like 1918 or something. And they're still standing. Yes, there are bad aspects of the NHS, but it has functioned and provided vital health care to millions of Britons, and that's a bad thing how?
Here's a hint how the UK does it...and there's more that I haven't listed, but wanted to give you an idea on how UK finances their healthcare...and yet they're still in some very serious debt. You may run your house like that, but I sure don't. If our economy plunges, it would have a serious ripple effect around the world, and surely we would be off the US dollar standards, probably use china's currency.
UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
0 - £2,560 10 per cent (starting rate for savings only)
0 - £35,000 20 per cent (basic rate)
£35,001 - £150,000 40 per cent (higher rate)
Over £150,000 50 per cent (additional rate)
Income tax rates
TV license per year
A colour television licence is £116 a year (around $192 US)
Gas Tax
Sixty per cent of the price of unleaded petrol

Read more: Fuel tax: British motorists pay up to 60% duty and VAT on petrol | Mail Online

UN debt
£1,003.9bn.....64.2% of GDP for roughly 62 million people

And that happened in the last four years only, right? You're a fucking stooge, you know that? If you can honestly pin every single bad thing about America on Obama, you are NO better than the people who claim Bush 2 did EVERYTHING wrong.

I'm calling you a hack. And a sycophant. And a fuckface, but that's just pejorative.

YOU Fail because YOU don't SEE the larger picture and PIN yourself into partisan nonsense...:eusa_shhh:

YOU Fail because YOU don't SEE the larger picture and PIN yourself into partisan nonsense...:eusa_shhh:

Shut the fuck up, Old Balls Magillicuddy. Go and fine me ONE post where you disagreed with Conservatives. Find me ONE in the last year and I'll let you call me a partisan. Go ahead.

While the individual mandate tax gets most of the attention, the ObamaCare law actually contains 20 new or higher taxes on the American people. These taxes are gradually phased in over the years 2010 (with its 10 percent “tanning tax”) to 2018 (when the tax on comprehensive health insurance plans kicks in.)

Six months from now, in January 2013, five major ObamaCare taxes will come into force:

Read more: Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013 | Fox News

I find it funny that Fox refers to a tax as "cruel" because it adversely affects some kids with special needs, while at the same time cheering GOP leaders who want to cut all head start everywhere.

Please provide some kind of proof that the Head Start program has accomplished ANYTHING.

Well, anything other than wasting boatloads of money for a Pre-K indoctrination program, that is...

Here's a hint how the UK does it...and there's more that I haven't listed, but wanted to give you an idea on how UK finances their healthcare...and yet they're still in some very serious debt. You may run your house like that, but I sure don't. If our economy plunges, it would have a serious ripple effect around the world, and surely we would be off the US dollar standards, probably use china's currency.
UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
Income tax rates
TV license per year
Gas Tax

Read more: Fuel tax: British motorists pay up to 60% duty and VAT on petrol | Mail Online

UN debt

Yet, with all that, England has been doing just fine for decades, with some normal bumps here and there. Yes, they took a big hit in '08 like we did too, but I don't really see any big red flags in those numbers you posted. Remember, I'm a Liberal; taxes aren't scary tools of the devil to me.

UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
Income tax rates
TV license per year
Gas Tax

UN debt

Yet, with all that, England has been doing just fine for decades, with some normal bumps here and there. Yes, they took a big hit in '08 like we did too, but I don't really see any big red flags in those numbers you posted. Remember, I'm a Liberal; taxes aren't scary tools of the devil to me.

Have they really?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsl1_ju7Vxw]Farage: I owe no allegiance to the EU flag - YouTube[/ame]

UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
Income tax rates
TV license per year
Gas Tax

UN debt

That kind of debt and taxation is "doing fine"??

Hardly

you're a liberal.. the taxation of others who actually succeed means nothing to you... as long as they are paying for the services you want...
The decent people however will call for equal treatment by government under law, and not having 50+% of your income going toward big nanny government

While the individual mandate tax gets most of the attention, the ObamaCare law actually contains 20 new or higher taxes on the American people. These taxes are gradually phased in over the years 2010 (with its 10 percent “tanning tax”) to 2018 (when the tax on comprehensive health insurance plans kicks in.)

Six months from now, in January 2013, five major ObamaCare taxes will come into force:

Read more: Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013 | Fox News

The tax credits will effect 4.8% of the population, leaving the other 95.2% with nothing. Also, all Americans will lose the Cafeteria Plan, leaving them with higher costs. Plus the average American will also lose the tax deduction that they can take for medical insurance.

UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
Income tax rates
TV license per year
Gas Tax

UN debt

The TV tax is per TV! Unreal.

Romneycare, just like ACA, has cut cost rises to 2% annually, from 15% under Boooosh, with none of your Pub dupe horrors...Romneycare for all!!

Change the channel, dupes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back