Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013

I get it, Conservative dogma dictates Government=Bad. I just don't see it. Universal Health Care is part of so many developed and civilized nations, and has been for so long that I know it's not just the end of society like rhetoric would claim otherwise.

No, it's not perfect, but what in this world is? The bottom line is that Britain has had socialized medicine in some form or another since like 1918 or something. And they're still standing. Yes, there are bad aspects of the NHS, but it has functioned and provided vital health care to millions of Britons, and that's a bad thing how?
Here's a hint how the UK does it...and there's more that I haven't listed, but wanted to give you an idea on how UK finances their healthcare...and yet they're still in some very serious debt. You may run your house like that, but I sure don't. If our economy plunges, it would have a serious ripple effect around the world, and surely we would be off the US dollar standards, probably use china's currency.
UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
0 - £2,560 10 per cent (starting rate for savings only)
0 - £35,000 20 per cent (basic rate)
£35,001 - £150,000 40 per cent (higher rate)
Over £150,000 50 per cent (additional rate)
Income tax rates
TV license per year
A colour television licence is £116 a year (around $192 US)
Gas Tax
Sixty per cent of the price of unleaded petrol

Read more: Fuel tax: British motorists pay up to 60% duty and VAT on petrol | Mail Online

UN debt
£1,003.9bn.....64.2% of GDP for roughly 62 million people

Yet, with all that, England has been doing just fine for decades, with some normal bumps here and there. Yes, they took a big hit in '08 like we did too, but I don't really see any big red flags in those numbers you posted. Remember, I'm a Liberal; taxes aren't scary tools of the devil to me.

We will never see eye to eye on this CD. It scares the hell out of me.

Here's a hint how the UK does it...and there's more that I haven't listed, but wanted to give you an idea on how UK finances their healthcare...and yet they're still in some very serious debt. You may run your house like that, but I sure don't. If our economy plunges, it would have a serious ripple effect around the world, and surely we would be off the US dollar standards, probably use china's currency.
UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
Income tax rates
TV license per year
Gas Tax

Read more: Fuel tax: British motorists pay up to 60% duty and VAT on petrol | Mail Online

UN debt

Yet, with all that, England has been doing just fine for decades, with some normal bumps here and there. Yes, they took a big hit in '08 like we did too, but I don't really see any big red flags in those numbers you posted. Remember, I'm a Liberal; taxes aren't scary tools of the devil to me.

Hey Meister! If I were to change what you just said to "It doesn't scare the hell out of me." would that be breaking the rules or not?

Hey Meister! If I were to change what you just said to "It doesn't scare the hell out of me." would that be breaking the rules or not?

I was referring to what CD had posted...the part where he says, "taxes aren't scary tools of the devil to me." I'm glad you had me clear that up, Willow.

I was referring to what CD had posted...the part where he says, "taxes aren't scary tools of the devil to me." I'm glad you had me clear that up, Willow.

that's not what I asked you. Is it or is it not against the rules to change another person's post? :eusa_eh:

that's not what I asked you. Is it or is it not against the rules to change another person's post? :eusa_eh:

I know exactly what you're saying...bring it up in a pm to me, Willow.

I know exactly what you're saying...bring it up in a pm to me, Willow.

I sent a thread alert with the problem and no one responded.

While the individual mandate tax gets most of the attention, the ObamaCare law actually contains 20 new or higher taxes on the American people. These taxes are gradually phased in over the years 2010 (with its 10 percent “tanning tax”) to 2018 (when the tax on comprehensive health insurance plans kicks in.)

Six months from now, in January 2013, five major ObamaCare taxes will come into force:

Read more: Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013 | Fox News

So now that you've read the Roger Ailes Opinion on it, here's the truth.

obamacare_middle_class.jpg.png

Sshhhhh.

Willow cares not for facts.

Total BS this charts means nothing to a self employed person,or anyone for that matter.

Billions are meaningless,give us some meat with thses boiled potatoes your slinging.

How much will the" Tax credit" be for a guy that shells out 10k already in insurance,what is his bottom line here.???!!!

I get it, Conservative dogma dictates Government=Bad. I just don't see it. Universal Health Care is part of so many developed and civilized nations, and has been for so long that I know it's not just the end of society like rhetoric would claim otherwise.

No, it's not perfect, but what in this world is? The bottom line is that Britain has had socialized medicine in some form or another since like 1918 or something. And they're still standing. Yes, there are bad aspects of the NHS, but it has functioned and provided vital health care to millions of Britons, and that's a bad thing how?
UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
Income tax rates
TV license per year
Gas Tax

UN debt

Of course they're not a scary issue to you because you prefer instigating class warfare at every chance. However, you scream like a banshee when you have to pay.

You are also leaving out the people that would buy insurance ,but just can't afford it,and there are MANY!!

So it took 2700 pages to create this simple chart? Really?

You're not going to like my answer:

No. It took a chart to debunk the lies of the Right Wing media about "THE LARGEST TAX HIKE IN THE HISTORY OF THE PLANET." That's what the chart's for. In case you forgot, our country is ranked pretty low in education, after all.

Do you understand what a 'tax credit' is? What your chart is showing is how many people will be getting money back that they NEVER paid in to begin with. It's a duplicate of the earned income tax credit, it's a redistribution of wealth scheme once again. Where the hell do you think that money will come from? Out of the sky? The bottom line is that the government will be spending more money on health care overall, therefore, the tax revenue must increase as well in order to cover it. Or we borrow ourselves into even more debt than we're already in. Which is it going to be?

No. It took a chart to debunk the lies of the Right Wing media about "THE LARGEST TAX HIKE IN THE HISTORY OF THE PLANET." That's what the chart's for. In case you forgot, our country is ranked pretty low in education, after all.

Do you understand what a 'tax credit' is? What your chart is showing is how many people will be getting money back that they NEVER paid in to begin with. It's a duplicate of the earned income tax credit, it's a redistribution of wealth scheme once again. Where the hell do you think that money will come from? Out of the sky? The bottom line is that the government will be spending more money on health care overall, therefore, the tax revenue must increase as well in order to cover it. Or we borrow ourselves into even more debt than we're already in. Which is it going to be?

So you're saying no one pays payroll taxes, then? Is that what you're claiming when you say they don't put money in in the first place? I think that's what you're saying. Are you saying that?

UK VAT = 20%
Income Tax
Income tax rates
TV license per year
Gas Tax

UN debt

You're probably right. And that's the beauty of this country. In fact, 50 years ago, both sides would hash it out and come to some kind of compromise, or one side would capitulate. When do you think THAT'S going to happen.

I'll give you a hint: the answer depends on the election in November.

So you're saying no one pays payroll taxes, then? Is that what you're claiming when you say they don't put money in in the first place? I think that's what you're saying. Are you saying that?

When you pay $1000 a year in federal income taxes, but get $4000 back on your return refund, you are getting back more than you paid in. In other words, YOU PAID NO TAXES AND RECEIVED WELFARE.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
While the individual mandate tax gets most of the attention, the ObamaCare law actually contains 20 new or higher taxes on the American people. These taxes are gradually phased in over the years 2010 (with its 10 percent “tanning tax”) to 2018 (when the tax on comprehensive health insurance plans kicks in.)

Six months from now, in January 2013, five major ObamaCare taxes will come into force:

Read more: Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013 | Fox News

Just wondering who or what you think is going to pay for all those "tax credits"? Is Obama going to print a little more?

Just wondering who or what you think is going to pay for all those "tax credits"? Is Obama going to print a little more?

Pretty good question since we're broke and going down in flames.

There are some of the dumb masses that actually believe that just because taxes are raised on businesses, hospitals, and Doctors that it won't affect the cost of THEIR health care.

I understand QE3 is firing up...:eusa_shhh::eusa_whistle: Hello inflation? Anyone?

You're probably right. And that's the beauty of this country. In fact, 50 years ago, both sides would hash it out and come to some kind of compromise, or one side would capitulate. When do you think THAT'S going to happen.

I'll give you a hint: the answer depends on the election in November.

You finally got one right.

If we can elect a Republican Senate and a Republican President, bills that originate in the House will get sent to the Senate floor for debate, compromise and a vote. We might even get a budget passed in less than 3 years.

None of this has happened for the last 3 years for two reasons. One, complete lack of leadership from the President and Two, Harry Reid not allowing dozens of House bills to be debate or voted on.

Previous Presidents would spend many hours talking with members of the opposition party in order to get some agreement on his various positions. It is called the real power of the Presidency, the power of persuasion. Obama very seldom talks to the members of his own party, and even less often to the party he refers to as "the enemy."

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Forum List

Back