First Sponsor Pulls Ad Dollars From The NFL

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Geaux4it, Sep 28, 2017.

1. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,201
    Maybe it was different in Obama's Navy. In the Army, we stood to attention. And still do. As a sign of respect.

2. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,764
    Never said anything about Obama you hack. And, I never served while Obama was president, because I retired back in 2002, when Jr. was still president. And yeah, while I was in, if we were in uniform, we stood and saluted. But, that isn't what the point was. The point was that every servicemember swore an oath to the Constitution, not the flag or the anthem. And, if they are true to that oath, they also recognize and allow other citizens their right to free speech, even if they don't agree with it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. harmonica

harmonica VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +724
    so you would let some big guy beat the crap out of you?
    the police tried their best NOT to shoot
    that's exactly what they did in the ASterling case
    the police tried that in the ASterling case
    1.police are called for someone waving a gun--police get there --do they start shooting?
    NO
    --they give verbal commands to put his hands on a car--Sterling did NOT COMPLY
    Quote:
    The videos show the officers as they arrived on scene and engaged with Sterling. The videos show that the officers directed Sterling to put his hands on the hood of a car. When Sterling did not comply,
    so Sterling is ESCALATING the problem--do they shoot now?
    NO

2. they use a taser and this doesn't work--Sterling ESCALATES the problem --more!!! do they shoot now???!!??
    NO

3.they tackle Sterling, trying to subdue him WITHOUT shooting him

finally, with Sterling continuing to resist, they see a gun--THEN they shoot!!
    they shot a CRIMINAL resisting--and then resisting more --who had a gun, not because he was black

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...7292ac00e.html

considering how many times the cops deal with violent blacks--they are doing a fantastic job of NOT shooting
    there are over 20 MILLION calls for police assistance--not counting traffic stops
    there are about 950 deaths by police shooting--most are justifiable
    these protests are protests for LIES

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. harmonica

harmonica VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +724
    please count how many times you see ''DROP THE GUN''

The wife of Keith Lamont Scott released a two-minute, 12-second video of the fatal encounter between him and Charlotte, North Carolina, police.

The following is a transcript of the video obtained by NBC News:

Rakeyia Scott: Don't shoot him. Don't shoot him. He has no weapon. He has no weapon. Don't shoot him. He didn’t do anything.

Officer in background: Drop the f---ing gun.

Officer: Drop the gun, drop the gun.

Rakeyia Scott: He doesn't have a gun. He has a TBI [traumatic brain injury]. He's not going to do anything to you guys. He just took his medicine.

Officer: Drop the gun. Let me get a f---ing (inaudible) over here.

Rakeyia Scott: Keith, don't let them break the windows. Come on out the car.

Officer: Drop the gun.

Rakeyia Scott: Keith don't do it. (Loud click heard).

Officer: Drop the gun.

Rakeyia Scott: Keith get out the car. Keith, don't you do it, don't you it. Keith, Keith, Keith, don’t you do it.

(Four gunshots are heard.)

Rakeyia Scott: Keith, don't you do it.

Did you shoot him? Did you shoot him? Did you shoot him?

He better not be f---ing dead. He better not be f---ing dead, I know that f---ing much. I know that much he better not be dead.

I'm not going to come near you, I'm going to record though. I'm not coming near you, I'm going to record though. He better be alive cause, he better be alive, how about that.

(On the phone with 911.)

Rakeyia Scott: Yes, we're over here at 9453 Lexington Court. These are the police officers who shot my husband, and he better live. He better live cause he didn’t do nothing to them.

Officer: Is everybody good, are you good?

Rakeyia Scott: Ain't nobody touch anybody, so they all good.

how many times did they tell him to ''DROP THE GUN''--but he refused?
    yes--you are the Six Million Dollar Man, Bruce Lee and James Bond--you would handle it differently :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:!
    these are NOT movies!!!!
    these are REAL human, interactions--people with GUNS...people who are crazy, irrational, criminals
    WAKE UP to reality!!

5. Lewdog

Lewdog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,459

You don't understand the term "excessive use of force."

The last thing I'll say to you is this. My degree is Criminal Justice with a minor in police studies. I'm part of a Graduate school program for Criminology. I have read and am currently reading stacks of books related to these issues and the system as a whole. There is so many more factors taking place that you would only understand if you cared to research them yourself.

6. Blackrook

Blackrook Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,869
    Fancy arguments, but if you disrespect the flag, you're still a scumbag Commie.

7. harmonica

harmonica VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +724
    the police tried their best NOT to shoot Sterling...what more do you want?? for them to let Sterling pull out his pistol and shoot??

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Geaux4it

Geaux4it Intensity Factor 4-Fold

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,090
    Well since this thread was moved from Current Events to Sports Forum I guess it was sent here to die

-Geaux

9. monkrules

monkrules VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +868
    You're a pompous dumbass. You insult everyone else simply because they don't agree with you.

Have YOU ever been wrong...about ANYthing? Fuck you, AH.

10. Lewdog

Lewdog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,459
    No, and once again you miss the point.

Sometimes people with guns can be subdued in non-lethal ways, but sadly sometimes the officer have to follow a policy with the wrong intentions.

Take for example there was an officer recently that KNEW a suspect that had a gun was trying to commit "suicide by cop" and really was not a threat to him. He wanted to resolve the situation without firing his gun, but the department POLICY said he was wrong for it and he was fired. Another officer on the scene shot the victim dead, and it was later found the victim's gun wasn't loaded.

Police Officer Says He Was Fired for Not Shooting. Now He’s Suing.