Fire the kneelers ... challenge question:

Which has nothing to do with the topic of why the players are kneeling.

Then, apparently, priorities are out of order. Respectfully.

Possibly, however one has nothing to do with the other. If you wish to kneel, you are absolutely free to do so. The rest of us have the right to react to your actions.

Actually one has very much to do with the other, and it's (again) telling that the poster removed that inconvenient part of the post hoping it would just go away. The missing quote says:

The NFL is caught in the middle of a bad sitution. Since 2005, the DOD has spent millions of taxpayer dollars patriotizing and militarizing sports in general. Not just football. Those millions of dollars in taxpayer money that are being spent by the DOD promoting militarism and patriotism in sports serves largely as a means of recruitment and to create the illusion of support on mainstream television for all of these useless wars and emperialist meddling which is destroying our economy.

This has plenty to do with how we got here. A decade ago there were no players out standing on the field. That was coerced. And yet nobody here was complaining that the players weren't out there.

The poster (Correll) removed that quote because he can't deal with the scandal of paid patriotism charades, which makes the whole thing FAKE. This was exposed two years ago in a Congressional investigation, and the NFL actually sent three-quarters of a million bucks back to the government of pimp money. Pimp money that by the way came out of your taxes.

I've been bringing this up for the entire run of this fake kerfuffle, and nobody wants to touch it or even admit that it exists. Because it means that what the kneeler-wags are supporting is pimped fake-patriotism charades.

And that takes us right to the root point --- somebody who stands for the national anthem should be doing so because they WANT to ---- not because they're coerced into it and not because the Pentagon pimps tax dollars into this fake parade shit that has all the authenticity of Astroturf.

They are out there now. That is what we see. That they weren’t out there a decade ago has no relevance for today.

Oh but it does, because it addresses the question of where it came from. A question in a slightly different form that I've been posing constantly here, a question that can't be answered because my version of the question is "what is its purpose in a football game?".

Obviously there's no answer to that question, so the next one that leads to is, "then why is it there?".

Absolutely it's always relevant to know how the present evolved from the past. Those who ignore their history, etc. Why would anyone intentionally choose to be ignorant if the answer is there for the taking?

If you see a turtle sitting on a fence post, do you not at least wonder how it got there?

The anthem has been at sporting events for a long long time, that the players were in the locker until recently is not relevant, that people choose to stand or kneel is the issue.

Ask the turtle.

Then, apparently, priorities are out of order. Respectfully.

Possibly, however one has nothing to do with the other. If you wish to kneel, you are absolutely free to do so. The rest of us have the right to react to your actions.

Actually one has very much to do with the other, and it's (again) telling that the poster removed that inconvenient part of the post hoping it would just go away. The missing quote says:

The NFL is caught in the middle of a bad sitution. Since 2005, the DOD has spent millions of taxpayer dollars patriotizing and militarizing sports in general. Not just football. Those millions of dollars in taxpayer money that are being spent by the DOD promoting militarism and patriotism in sports serves largely as a means of recruitment and to create the illusion of support on mainstream television for all of these useless wars and emperialist meddling which is destroying our economy.

This has plenty to do with how we got here. A decade ago there were no players out standing on the field. That was coerced. And yet nobody here was complaining that the players weren't out there.

The poster (Correll) removed that quote because he can't deal with the scandal of paid patriotism charades, which makes the whole thing FAKE. This was exposed two years ago in a Congressional investigation, and the NFL actually sent three-quarters of a million bucks back to the government of pimp money. Pimp money that by the way came out of your taxes.

I've been bringing this up for the entire run of this fake kerfuffle, and nobody wants to touch it or even admit that it exists. Because it means that what the kneeler-wags are supporting is pimped fake-patriotism charades.

And that takes us right to the root point --- somebody who stands for the national anthem should be doing so because they WANT to ---- not because they're coerced into it and not because the Pentagon pimps tax dollars into this fake parade shit that has all the authenticity of Astroturf.

They are out there now. That is what we see. That they weren’t out there a decade ago has no relevance for today.

Oh but it does, because it addresses the question of where it came from. A question in a slightly different form that I've been posing constantly here, a question that can't be answered because my version of the question is "what is its purpose in a football game?".

Obviously there's no answer to that question, so the next one that leads to is, "then why is it there?".

Absolutely it's always relevant to know how the present evolved from the past. Those who ignore their history, etc. Why would anyone intentionally choose to be ignorant if the answer is there for the taking?

If you see a turtle sitting on a fence post, do you not at least wonder how it got there?

The anthem has been at sporting events for a long long time, that the players were in the locker until recently is not relevant, that people choose to stand or kneel is the issue.

Ask the turtle.

Don't need to --- I already know that history. Including that the players have not been on the field for it for ten years yet. And including how it first arrived in any sport, 99 years ago in a baseball game before it was the national anthem, on the wave of a cancer of mob mentality that sent Earnest Starr to hard labor in a state pen for refusing to acquiesce to a mob who demanded he KISS A FLAG. The same time street mobs would grab a dog out of its owner's arms and stone the dog to death in the street for being a Dachshund -- just because it's a German word. The year before the infamous Palmer Raids rounded up and deported people on the sole basis of their political beliefs.

That is where mob mentality goes. And even the turtle knows that. And he thanks his lucky stars that "turtle" isn't German.

Ask the turtle.

Don't need to --- I already know that history. Including that the players have not been on the field for it for ten years yet. And including how it first arrived in any sport, 99 years ago in a baseball game before it was the national anthem, on the wave of a cancer of mob mentality that sent Earnest Starr to hard labor in a state pen for refusing to acquiesce to a mob who demanded he KISS A FLAG. The same time street mobs would grab a dog out of its owner's arms and stone the dog to death in the street for being a Dachshund -- just because it's a German word. The year before the infamous Palmer Raids rounded up and deported people on the sole basis of their political beliefs.

That is where mob mentality goes. And even the turtle knows that. And he thanks his lucky stars that "turtle" isn't German.

That the are politicizing football is my issue, I don’t watch football for political awareness, nor do I care what athletes do in their off time, nor do I care about their politics. They are paid to entertain. If they want to get involved with politics, great, not while they are working. If they want to do that, fine but I won’t watch it, it is what I pay for.

Let’s hope that Congress cuts all sports corporate welfare. I tire of taxpayers supporting billionaires.

That the are politicizing football is my issue, I don’t watch football for political awareness, nor do I care what athletes do in their off time, nor do I care about their politics. They are paid to entertain. If they want to get involved with politics, great, not while they are working. If they want to do that, fine but I won’t watch it, it is what I pay for.

Exactly. Now my sport is baseball but I feel the same way. And that's why I've never stood for, or paid any attention to, that national anthem jingo-robot shit there at a baseball game.

Not that it prevents me from attending a game but I do recognize that it's irrelevant to inject political shit into it so I agree that it has no business being there.

As I've pointed out I played many a Little League baseball game with no national anthem at all, and amazingly it had no effect on the game whatsoever. Who knew.

Let’s hope that Congress cuts all sports corporate welfare. I tire of taxpayers supporting billionaires.

Actually the NFL specifically sent $723,000 (and change) of that Pentagon Pimp money back, once the scandal was exposed. Far as I know they're the only pro sport to send that pimp money back.

That was taxpayer money. You got your refund, right? Yeah me neither.

For those of you who think the NFL players protesting during the national anthem should be fired, would you also support a team owner who threatened to fire any players who refused to protest? Who didn't kneel?

Why or why not?

The NFL is a business. The action of the employees is destroying the brand and has resulted in a 20% decline in sales.

To not fire the offenders is utterly stupid.

This has nothing to do with government actions, just basic economic reality.

Exactly. Now my sport is baseball but I feel the same way. And that's why I've never stood for, or paid any attention to, that national anthem jingo-robot shit there at a baseball game.

Not that it prevents me from attending a game but I do recognize that it's irrelevant to inject political shit into it so I agree that it has no business being there.

As I've pointed out I played many a Little League baseball game with no national anthem at all, and amazingly it had no effect on the game whatsoever. Who knew.

Actually the NFL specifically sent $723,000 (and change) of that Pentagon Pimp money back, once the scandal was exposed. Far as I know they're the only pro sport to send that pimp money back.

It is more than that, it’s in the billions, the federal government has helped finance local stadiums in the form of grants for specific purposes.

"Company time" begins with the kickoff.

Unless, of course, you can be the first to show us what the fuck a jingo ritual has to do with a football game.

Company time starts when you are required to show up for work.
Practice time is company time and doesn't even have an official football game.
You are on the clock when you walk through the door ... And if you screw up off the clock, I may still fire your ass.

To answer the OP ... The team should be able to fire the employee for either if it doesn't violate their contract.
That's the choice of the team owner ... And they will have to live with their choices.

Last edited:

It is more than that, it’s in the billions, the federal government has helped finance local stadiums in the form of grants for specific purposes.

True but that's a different thing and has nothing to do with injecting politics into the sports.

You think it gives them the idea that they can pimp for it on that basis?

Unless, of course, you can be the first to show us what the fuck a jingo ritual has to do with a football game.

Company time starts when you are required to show up for work.

And that in this case is kickoff. To be exact I believe the referee blows the whistle to start the clock and then comes the kickoff.

You're not a "football player" until you actually ... uh.... play football. With which to do the national anthem has zero.

Practice time is company time and doesn't even have an official football game.
You are on the clock when you walk through the door ... And if you screw up off the clock, I may still fire your ass.

To answer the OP ... The team should be able to fire the employee for either if it doesn't violate their contract.
That's the choice of the team owner ... And they will have to live with their choices.

They're contractors, not employees. So there are ways to jettison a given player, but they come with contractual consequences.

Company time starts when you show up for work, when you put on the company-owned uniform, when you walk onto the company-owned field and start warming up...

Stop trying to justify the disrespect of this nation by lying and trying to falsely twist shit around...

In any circumstance an employee/contractor attempts to use their opportunity of employment/contract as a means to express their personal agenda that is counterproductive the best business interests of the business owner ... The business owner is not obligated to entertain that idiocy.

The business owner doesn't even have to agree or disagree with the employee's/contractor's agenda.
The owner can simply understand that the activity is counterproductive to their business ... And the employee/contractor can look for a new job/contract.

If the owner suffers a penalty for severing the employment/contract ... That's their choice ... The same as the fact the employee/contractor has the choice to be a dumbass if they think that will help ... :thup:

Last edited:
The fans will decide. Money talks.

Average Football "fans" can't afford tickets to a game and are too addicted to beer and chips to boycott anything.

They are mostly fake patriots anyways who didn't say a goddamn thing when GOP congress refused to follow constitution in 2016.

Company time starts when you show up for work, when you put on the company-owned uniform, when you walk onto the company-owned field and start warming up...

Stop trying to justify the disrespect of this nation by lying and trying to falsely twist shit around...

In any circumstance an employee/contractor attempts to use their opportunity of employment/contract as a means to express their personal agenda that is counterproductive the best business interests of the business owner ... The business owner is not obligated to entertain that idiocy.

The business owner doesn't even have to agree or disagree with the employee's/contractor's agenda.
The owner can simply understand that the activity is counterproductive to their business ... And the employee/contractor can look for a new job/contract.

If the owner suffers a penalty for severing the employment/contract ... That's their choice ... :thup:

Declining to follow puppet orders, however, is not an action. It's the absence of an action.

Standing up because the national anthem is playing is an action. Doing nothing is not.

There goes your point. Wave byebye.

Declining to follow puppet orders, however, is not an action. It's the absence of an action.

Standing up because the national anthem is playing is an action. Doing nothing is not.

There goes your point. Wave byebye.

If you think so ... You'd still be looking for another job/contract ... Bye-bye, don't let the door hit ya on the way out ... :thup:

Edit:
I am not making the point you cannot have a Pollyanna view of how awesome your ideology may be.
I am simply pointing out where your stupid behavior may have a seriously negative affect on your career.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back