Fire the kneelers ... challenge question:

Private company, can do what they want, enforce (or not) what rules they have.

imo, they should make the players stay in the locker room (no cameras, no cell phone streaming shit) until after the NA is played.

Problem. Solved.

The NFL is caught in the middle of a bad sitution. Since 2005, the DOD has spent millions of taxpayer dollars patriotizing and militarizing sports in general. Not just football. Those millions of dollars in taxpayer money that are being spent by the DOD promoting militarism and patriotism in sports serves largely as a means of recruitment and to create the illusion of support on mainstream television for all of these useless wars and emperialist meddling which is destroying our economy.

If the kneelers were protesting against that, that would be relevant.

They are not only refusing to stand, to show respect and loyalty to the nation and their fellow citizens, but actively kneeling to show disrespect and contempt.

Any American with any feeling of pride or loyalty to America and their fellow citizens, should rightfully feel insulted by this act.

What type of man looks up to someone that looks down on him?

The NFL is caught in the middle of a bad sitution. Since 2005, the DOD has spent millions of taxpayer dollars patriotizing and militarizing sports in general. Not just football. Those millions of dollars in taxpayer money that are being spent by the DOD promoting militarism and patriotism in sports serves largely as a means of recruitment and to create the illusion of support on mainstream television for all of these useless wars and emperialist meddling which is destroying our economy.

Which has nothing to do with the topic of why the players are kneeling.

Private company, can do what they want, enforce (or not) what rules they have.

imo, they should make the players stay in the locker room (no cameras, no cell phone streaming shit) until after the NA is played.

Problem. Solved.

-- which is exactly where they used to be before 8 years ago. Until some marketeer figured it would "look good" to parade the marionettes players onto the sidelines.

To paraphrase one of the recent posts, what type of man allows himself to be used as a marketing prop?

Whether they have that in mind or not doesn't affect the fact that this patriotism-pimping EXISTS. Or that you still won't address it. And the reason you won't address it is because you want to have it both ways. That's what we call hypocrisy.

The NFL can do as it pleases with the kneelers, fire them, leave them alone, it’s is the NFL and the owners choice to either accept or fire them. Myself, I am with a growing number of those that are no longer watching the NFL and as much as people deny it is hurting the NFL, polls, ratings and other indications show that it is hurting the NFL. I watch football for football, not the BS going on today.

So whatever anyone’s opinion is, it doesn’t matter to me. When the NFL quits letting players run the league, I may or may not comeback. I find college football very entertaining and politics free.

There's no such evidence of any such causal relationship, nor could it be measured if it did exist. It's a wishful thinking mythology.

If anything it likely boosts attention. As Wilde said, the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about. Or put another way, there's no such thing as "bad" publicity.

For those of you who think the NFL players protesting during the national anthem should be fired, would you also support a team owner who threatened to fire any players who refused to protest? Who didn't kneel?

Why or why not?

I would not "support" them but certainly the owner has that right.

It isn't hypocritical as your post implies, that I don't support them for one thing but do support them on another. It's in fact completely consistent.

Whether they have that in mind or not doesn't affect the fact that this patriotism-pimping EXISTS. Or that you still won't address it. And t

I'm not addressing it, because it is not relevant.

Remember when the Raves stood for God Save the Queen even though they are not loyal British citizens?

Why did they do that?

The NFL can do as it pleases with the kneelers, fire them, leave them alone, it’s is the NFL and the owners choice to either accept or fire them. Myself, I am with a growing number of those that are no longer watching the NFL and as much as people deny it is hurting the NFL, polls, ratings and other indications show that it is hurting the NFL. I watch football for football, not the BS going on today.

So whatever anyone’s opinion is, it doesn’t matter to me. When the NFL quits letting players run the league, I may or may not comeback. I find college football very entertaining and politics free.

There's no such evidence of any such causal relationship, nor could it be measured if it did exist. It's a wishful thinking mythology.

If anything it likely boosts attention. As Wilde said, the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about. Or put another way, there's no such thing as "bad" publicity.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, I believe otherwise. The recent polls show that the overall opinion of the NFL is down. I don’t need it, me not watching it isn’t going to hurt you, you can continue to watch it. The NFL and the players made a choice and I am also free to make my choice. Your opinion doesn’t play a part in my decision, however, thank you for caring. I watch college football which works well for me.

For those of you who think the NFL players protesting during the national anthem should be fired, would you also support a team owner who threatened to fire any players who refused to protest? Who didn't kneel?

Why or why not?

Fire the kneelers and replace them with Asians for the sake of diversifying the NFL

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, I believe otherwise. The recent polls show that the overall opinion of the NFL is down. I don’t need it, me not watching it isn’t going to hurt you, you can continue to watch it. The NFL and the players made a choice and I am also free to make my choice. Your opinion doesn’t play a part in my decision, however, thank you for caring. I watch college football which works well for me.

It's not "opinion"; it's analysis. There's a glut of cherry pickers on this site selectively citing declining ratings but the fact is TV ratings for all sports have been sinking across the board, including NASCAR (which granted is not a sport). But plugging in a causal relationship to this shit has no logical basis, nor does it explain the same sinking ratings for baseball, basketball and hockey.

Glad you have something that works for you. Personally I've never understood why anyone follows college sports other than a school they attended -- there's no connection there. But whatever works. :thup: As for me I can't "continue" something I don't do in the present. Haven't followed NFL in years. It's just not that interesting.

Then, apparently, priorities are out of order. Respectfully.

Possibly, however one has nothing to do with the other. If you wish to kneel, you are absolutely free to do so. The rest of us have the right to react to your actions.

Actually one has very much to do with the other, and it's (again) telling that the poster removed that inconvenient part of the post hoping it would just go away. The missing quote says:

This has plenty to do with how we got here. A decade ago there were no players out standing on the field. That was coerced. And yet nobody here was complaining that the players weren't out there.

The poster (Correll) removed that quote because he can't deal with the scandal of paid patriotism charades, which makes the whole thing FAKE. This was exposed two years ago in a Congressional investigation, and the NFL actually sent three-quarters of a million bucks back to the government of pimp money. Pimp money that by the way came out of your taxes.

I've been bringing this up for the entire run of this fake kerfuffle, and nobody wants to touch it or even admit that it exists. Because it means that what the kneeler-wags are supporting is pimped fake-patriotism charades.

And that takes us right to the root point --- somebody who stands for the national anthem should be doing so because they WANT to ---- not because they're coerced into it and not because the Pentagon pimps tax dollars into this fake parade shit that has all the authenticity of Astroturf.

Last edited:

It's not "opinion"; it's analysis. There's a glut of cherry pickers on this site selectively citing declining ratings but the fact is TV ratings for all sports have been sinking across the board, including NASCAR (which granted is not a sport). But plugging in a causal relationship to this shit has no logical basis, nor does it explain the same sinking ratings for baseball, basketball and hockey.

Glad you have something that works for you. Personally I've never understood why anyone follows college sports other than a school they attended -- there's no connection there. But whatever works. :thup: As for me I can't "continue" something I don't do in the present. Haven't followed NFL in years. It's just not that interesting.

Not sure why you are then concerned because it quit watching it. Recent polls show NFL approval ratings are down, not TV ratings, approval ratings.

Not sure why you are then concerned because it quit watching it. Recent polls show NFL approval ratings are down, not TV ratings, approval ratings.

I don't believe there is such a thing as "NFL approval ratings" (or any other sport).

There are certainly TV ratings, which are taken to measure attention to set ad rates. But those have nothing to do with 'approval' either.

Possibly, however one has nothing to do with the other. If you wish to kneel, you are absolutely free to do so. The rest of us have the right to react to your actions.

Actually one has very much to do with the other, and it's (again) telling that the poster removed that inconvenient part of the post hoping it would just go away. The missing quote says:

This has plenty to do with how we got here. A decade ago there were no players out standing on the field. That was coerced. And yet nobody here was complaining that the players weren't out there.

The poster (Correll) removed that quote because he can't deal with the scandal of paid patriotism charades, which makes the whole thing FAKE. This was exposed two years ago in a Congressional investigation, and the NFL actually sent three-quarters of a million bucks back to the government of pimp money. Pimp money that by the way came out of your taxes.

I've been bringing this up for the entire run of this fake kerfuffle, and nobody wants to touch it or even admit that it exists. Because it means that what the kneeler-wags are supporting is pimped fake-patriotism charades.

And that takes us right to the root point --- somebody who stands for the national anthem should be doing so because they WANT to ---- not because they're coerced into it and not because the Pentagon pimps tax dollars into this fake parade shit that has all the authenticity of Astroturf.

They are out there now. That is what we see. That they weren’t out there a decade ago has no relevance for today.

I don't believe there is such a thing as "NFL approval ratings" (or any other sport).

There are certainly TV ratings, which are taken to measure attention to set ad rates. But those have nothing to do with 'approval' either.

Good for you. You are welcome to believe what you wish to believe.

They are out there now. That is what we see. That they weren’t out there a decade ago has no relevance for today.

Oh but it does, because it addresses the question of where it came from. A question in a slightly different form that I've been posing constantly here, a question that can't be answered because my version of the question is "what is its purpose in a football game?".

Obviously there's no answer to that question, so the next one that leads to is, "then why is it there?".

Absolutely it's always relevant to know how the present evolved from the past. Those who ignore their history, etc. Why would anyone intentionally choose to be ignorant if the answer is there for the taking?

If you see a turtle sitting on a fence post, do you not at least wonder how it got there?

Forum List

Back