Federal government seeks to prevent you from working on your car

I believe the end goal is to cut down on choices of places to get your car fixed. Less choices means higher prices. Higher prices means less people can justify fixing a car and instead buying a new electric car.

The end game I think is to push electric cars on people.

In particular Ford and Chevy electric cars because the Biden administration loves Ford and Chevy. Promotes their vehicles and gives them billions of dollars.

Or it's simply car manufacturers bribing the Biden administration to force people to go to their dealerships so they get more money.
This has been an ongoing issue for years and has nothing specifically to do with the Biden admin.

In this case, it's all about government. The government is, of course, doing the bidding its corporate sponsors. And liberals just hate that. Except when they don't.
Actually there have been bipartisan bills in Congress over the years to prevent this from happening. Try reading about it instead of spouting your uneducated gibberish.

Actually there have been bipartisan bills in Congress over the years to prevent this from happening. Try reading about it instead of spouting your uneducated gibberish.
What are you saying exactly? I'm not a partisan douche bag. I know both parties engage in this kind of corruption. But liberals pretend it's not their fault, because capitalism - duh.

The link I included was Biden 6 billion dollar check he wrote to ford a week ago. They aren't backing away from anything when the president is giving them billions of dollars.

Smart move by Ford. They experienced dangerous battery problems and stopped production on both the Lightening and the Mach-E--until the dept. of energy loan. Ford will remain a player as long as their losses are covered.

What are you saying exactly? I'm not a partisan douche bag. I know parties engage in this kind of corruption. But liberals pretend it's not their fault, because capitalism - duh.
Holy shit how stupid are you? What I'm saying is that there have been bipartisan bills to prevent what the OP is stating could happen regarding auto repairs. That refutes your "liberals just hate that except when they dont" statement. This has nothing to do with conservatives or liberals. Why in the fuck are you trying to make this out like the liberals are the bad guy here when that is demonstrably false?

In this case, it's all about government. The government is, of course, doing the bidding its corporate sponsors. And liberals just hate that. Except when they don't.
Leftists and corporations have merged into some sort of new age oneness with the universe....................on acid.

Holy shit how stupid are you?
Pretty damned stupid. I mean, I'm on USMB, arguing with you.
What I'm saying is that there have been bipartisan bills to prevent what the OP is stating could happen regarding auto repairs.
Hmm... I didn't realize that. Links? I did a search, but came up empty.
That refutes your "liberals just hate that except when they dont" statement. This has nothing to do with conservatives or liberals. Why in the fuck are you trying to make this out like the liberals are the bad guy here when that is demonstrably false?
Both parties are the "bad guy". But it's liberals who make it all possible. Their response, when it is shown that our leaders are selling government power is, always, to give our leaders more power to sell. If liberals want to prove (to me) that they really oppose this kind of government overreach, they'll revoke government's power to impose this kind of regulation in the first place (ie take away the power they're selling). But they're not going to do that, are they?

Pretty damned stupid. I mean, I'm on USMB, arguing with you.

Hmm... I didn't realize that. Links? I did a search, but came up empty.

Both parties are the "bad guy". But it's liberals who make it all possible. Their response, when it is shown that leaders are selling government power is, always, to give our leaders more power to sell. If liberals want to prove (to me) that they really oppose this kind of government overreach, they'll revoke government's power to impose this kind of regulation in the first place (ie take away the power they're selling). But they're not going to do that, are they?
Be honest. You didnt do any research. If you would have clicked the links in the article, it would have lead you to another article that talks about the bipartisan bill I referenced (that's how I found out about it).

Government can do some things better, some things they can't do better than private industry.

Leftists and corporations have merged into some sort of new age oneness with the universe....................on acid.
Well, yeah. And I think they tolerate it, even though they nominally hate corporations, because it seems to be going in the direction that they want. They cheer for corporate/state collusion because they think that corporations and the state should be one in the same.

Government can do some things better, some things they can't do better than private industry.
Exactly. Those things are enumerated in the Constitution. But liberals have found cracks in the Constitution (General Welfare clause, Commerce clause, etc ...) and use them to effectively eliminate meaningful limits on state power. Which is what we're seeing when the government agrees with their corporate sponsors that you shouldn't be allowed to work on your car, and passes laws to that effect.

The sad thing is, rightists (as represented by Trumpster Republicans) don't really push back. The just tweak the regs to suit their preferences, their donors, their corporations.

I've always said: Democrats expand the power and scope of government. Republicans show us why it's a bad idea. Neither party tries to actually revert it.

The sad thing is, rightists (as represented by Trumpster Republicans) don't really push back. The just tweak the regs to suit their preferences, their donors.

I've always said: Democrats expand the power and scope of government. Republicans show us why it's a bad idea. Neither party tries to actually revert it.
Because both parties are attempting the same thing.

Money and power is what it is all about.

That is one dumb observation you're pushing, stud.
The government screw things up, that's what they do.
Ask yourself why? Hint: follow the money
idiot
How is it dumb? I can point to many things the government has done right and not screwed up. Ask old people what they think about medicare and medicaid.

Exactly. Those things are enumerated in the Constitution. But liberals have found cracks in the Constitution (General Welfare clause, Commerce clause, etc ...) and use them to effectively eliminate meaningful limits on state power. Which is what we're seeing when the government agrees with their corporate sponsors that you shouldn't be allowed to work on your car, and passes laws to that effect.
Government can do health insurance better than private insurance companies. You can call that a crack in the Constitution all you want. But I dont see other first world countries changing their system to model ours.

You mean all the fraud that has been produced by those two entities. :rofl:
Keep going, keep going.
There is a department within the federal government to fight fraud. And it is quite effective. But you of course deflect into some nonsensical statement about fraud, which virtually doesnt exist. So go on, ask some old people what they think about it. Or are you afraid to do that?

Forum List

Back