Federal government seeks to prevent you from working on your car

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

The Federal government has teamed up with corporate auto makers to try and prevent you from working on your own car, thus forcing you to go to the dealership to get them fixed by creating new tools that they prevent you from having etc.

As we all know, the dealership rapes you as working on your own car or going to a wrench of your choice is far cheaper, but just think how much it will be now when they have a monopoly on it.

Of course, the Federal government always cites safety as the reason

LOL

The Federal government has teamed up with corporate auto makers to try and prevent you from working on your own car, thus forcing you to go to the dealership to get them fixed by creating new tools that they prevent you from having etc.

As we all know, the dealership rapes you as working on your own car or going to a wrench of your choice is far cheaper, but just think how much it will be now when they have a monopoly on it.

LOL
This issue has been simmering for several years starting with John Deere tractors

Deere refuses to release the software needed to diagnose problems

So its being hacked and distributed under the table

But I dont think this will be a big issue with car owners

LOL
Yup. Both Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey agree with you. Looks like the NHTSA overreached.

Not surprising....but, let me look into my crystal ball.
I foresee a black market for the tools to be replicated
so a person can go back to working on their own cars.

Our government never 'fixes' anything, they screw up everything .
~~~~~~
Perhaps Maoist Democrats will ban the sale of tools for the average citizen and require special licenses to purchase. There's nothing in the Constitution to cover that.

LOL

Same with John Deere tractors and equipment.
On the plus side the Farmers are winning in their fight against the practice.
Can you imagine being a farmer and the crops need be harvested quickly only to have Deere to tell you sorry we cant work on your tractor until we can fit you in.
For a simple fix the farmer can do on his own but cant get the parts,or if he does manage to get the parts they'll void his warranty on a $750k harvester.

I have questions about this article.. but in any case, I noticed a LONG time ago how cars are, and have been for a long time, manufactured so as to make working on them very difficult if not impossible and of course I figured out WHY... and it didn't take long to figure it out..

Who knew it was all about

OMG OMG

money? (fork it over at the dealerships, y'all!)

I mean, who knew?! o_O

I'm actually in this business. The reality is that modern cars are driven by software. There are safety and other concerns (emissions) with allowing modifications of the software.
That said, my personal vehicles aren't affected by this.
And by the way....welcome to 2023!

What I'm saying is that government has fixed some things. Without government, you'd be working 7 days a week and so would your children.
so that makes it OK for gummit to be corrupt from stem to stern?

it's OK for those working for gummit to make TONS more than the taxpayers they live off??!!

ignorant

cars are, and have been for a long time, manufactured so as to make working on them very difficult if not impossible and of course I figured out WHY... and it didn't take long to figure it out..

OMG OMG

LOL

I believe the end goal is to cut down on choices of places to get your car fixed. Less choices means higher prices. Higher prices means less people can justify fixing a car and instead buying a new electric car.

The end game I think is to push electric cars on people.

In particular Ford and Chevy electric cars because the Biden administration loves Ford and Chevy. Promotes their vehicles and gives them billions of dollars.

Or it's simply car manufacturers bribing the Biden administration to force people to go to their dealerships so they get more money.

Not surprising....but, let me look into my crystal ball.
I foresee a black market for the tools to be replicated
so a person can go back to working on their own cars.

Our government never 'fixes' anything, they screw up everything .
Could see this coming 40 years ago when CA implemented smog checks. They force you to have your car inspected by a certified shop and repairs must be made and signed off by a certified shop--not necessarily the same one. They didn't have to make tools unavailable, they just implemented over-the-top standards that required the same result.

I believe the end goal is to cut down on choices of places to get your car fixed. Less choices means higher prices. Higher prices means less people can justify fixing a car and instead buying a new electric car.

The end game I think is to push electric cars on people.

In particular Ford and Chevy electric cars because the Biden administration loves Ford and Chevy. Promotes their vehicles and gives them billions of dollars.

Or it's simply car manufacturers bribing the Biden administration to force people to go to their dealerships so they get more money.
Ford is backing away from electric vehicles and others are following suit.

I have questions about this article.. but in any case, I noticed a LONG time ago how cars are, and have been for a long time, manufactured so as to make working on them very difficult if not impossible and of course I figured out WHY... and it didn't take long to figure it out..

OMG OMG

I mean, who knew?! o_O
In this case, it's all about government. The government is, of course, doing the bidding its corporate sponsors. And liberals just hate that. Except when they don't.

Ford is backing away from electric vehicles and others are following suit.

The link I included was Biden 6 billion dollar check he wrote to ford a week ago. They aren't backing away from anything when the president is giving them billions of dollars.

Forum List

Back