Dem-run NYC now spending $39,000 per kid in schools!!!

About 3 times what most cities spend on schooling!! All the illegal alien kids are special needs and cost a fortune. Federal law says illegals cannot use our schools but dems say illegals are above the law.

People should realize that every migrant child costs MORE than an American citizen child due to all the extra services they require. Let's say they come in speaking not Spanish or Portuguese, but some other obscure language. The district must hire someone to translate. At district (taxpayer) cost.

It's fundamentally unfair to the people who pay for the schools.

How much are we supposed to invest in students?

One of your right wing buddies bought this up. So I made a contrast. And that contrast shows just how fucked up this country is.

Well now, since we don't have an active draft, soldiers signed up and defend our nation. Many, many, many kids show up to school unwillingly with parents who are also....um...."unwilling". In the military you get kicked out. In public schools, the teachers are supposed to make up for any deficits of parenting/families/society.

Wrong and wrong. ESL and Sped are distinct departments, and immigration status is not part of enrolling a student in a public school.

Why should American taxpayers foot the bill for a free education for people who ILLEGALLY STOLE into our nation?

It's not about the kids anyway, it's all about the unionized/administrative education cabal getting in on the grift.

I'd bet of that 39K what is actually delivered to the kids is worth pennies on the dollar.

How much does a School Administrator make in New York City?​

$68K - $118K

Way back in 2013 NYC had over 6000 public school administrators.....I can't even find the number now it's so well hidden.

NYC was a hellhole when I was there in 2008. I frankly cannot imagine now. Don't want to.

About 3 times what most cities spend on schooling!! All the illegal alien kids are special needs and cost a fortune. Federal law says illegals cannot use our schools but dems say illegals are above the law.

Unfortunately, that is incorrect. Illegals and green card holders are given a 10-digit identification number in lieu of an SSN. That has been done for decades. At least it was when I taught in Louisville Ky back in 2010-2012. It is illegal to kick illegals out of school by SCOTUS decision many years ago. Plyler V. Doe (1982)

They sure as hell are overpaid. THINK
As a teacher, I made 50K ONE year out of 21. That was because I was a veteran and received credit for all my active duty time (11 years). I maxed out the scale and was one if not the highest paid teacher in that district. That netted me about $53K and I had to rent a place to stay because I was over 100 miles from home.

As a teacher, I made 50K ONE year out of 21. That was because I was a veteran and received credit for all my active duty time (11 years). I maxed out the scale and was one if not the highest paid teacher in that district. That netted me about $53K and I had to rent a place to stay because I was over 100 miles from home.

I guess I should've stayed in Education longer, if teachers are getting rich.

I guess I should've stayed in Education longer, if teachers are getting rich.
I left teaching because I could find permanent employment and not have to worry about getting a new job every summer because I could never get tenure. I was too expensive for the school districts to hire unless they were desperate. My salary at $45000 was a lot more expensive than the $32000 they were paying teachers right out of college.

I left teaching because I could find permanent employment and not have to worry about getting a new job every summer because I could never get tenure. I was too expensive for the school districts to hire unless they were desperate. My salary at $45000 was a lot more expensive than the $32000 they were paying teachers right out of college.

Some districts are penny wise and pound foolish. I've taught in districts where they tried to keep turnover as high as possible so they could have most of their staff at the lowest step. But throwing these kids fresh out of college into some of the places I've taught is a recipe for disaster. I've seen new teachers literally run out of the building in the middle of the day crying, never to be seen again.

Some districts are penny wise and pound foolish. I've taught in districts where they tried to keep turnover as high as possible so they could have most of their staff at the lowest step. But throwing these kids fresh out of college into some of the places I've taught is a recipe for disaster. I've seen new teachers literally run out of the building in the middle of the day crying, never to be seen again.
So very true! They hired new teachers for my old position at one high school and they all left after one year because they couldn't handle it. In fact, the job I got after that was to replace a teacher who did last a month. She and her boyfriend who was also a teacher walked out and never came back. She left me a lot of good supplies!

People should realize that every migrant child costs MORE than an American citizen child due to all the extra services they require. Let's say they come in speaking not Spanish or Portuguese, but some other obscure language. The district must hire someone to translate. At district (taxpayer) cost.

It's fundamentally unfair to the people who pay for the schools.

Yes indeed. Most illegal kids are special needs and cost a fortune. On top of that, they don't even care about learning since they are on welfare and plan on making a career of that. To illegal alien families, schools are just free day care and free food.

Section 1324 says illegals are not allowed to use our schools . Enforce that law.

Unfortunately, that is incorrect. Illegals and green card holders are given a 10-digit identification number in lieu of an SSN. That has been done for decades. At least it was when I taught in Louisville Ky back in 2010-2012. It is illegal to kick illegals out of school by SCOTUS decision many years ago. Plyler V. Doe (1982)

Courts are not allowed to write laws. Only congress can and section 1324 title 8 says illegals can't use our schools. case closed

And what were you teaching? Some easy useless crap like history or social studies? Then you were overpaid.

Forum List

Back