Father boards school bus to confront bullies picking on his special needs daughter

EZ, I'm surprised that as a teacher you would applaud such stupid behavior from a parent. Would you want some parent coming and threatening children under your care no matter what they had done? Of course not, the NON stupid response would have been to request a meeting with the bus driver's supervisor, and or the school board. This fool just opened this school up to all sorts of litigation.

Simple fact, a school is obligated to protect the safety of ALL students, that includes those students who this father accosted. Sorry but that is a fact, so now the school can be sued by both the father of the girl, AND by the fathers of the children that jackass accosted.

not to mention what sort of lesson is "you bully my duaghter, so I bully you?"

Do some of you even think? At all?

and that certainly does not mean the kids shouldn't be punished for their own bad behavior. they should be.

Discretion is the better part of valor. Cooler heads usually prevail.

EZ, I'm surprised that as a teacher you would applaud such stupid behavior from a parent. Would you want some parent coming and threatening children under your care no matter what they had done? Of course not, the NON stupid response would have been to request a meeting with the bus driver's supervisor, and or the school board. This fool just opened this school up to all sorts of litigation.

Simple fact, a school is obligated to protect the safety of ALL students, that includes those students who this father accosted. Sorry but that is a fact, so now the school can be sued by both the father of the girl, AND by the fathers of the children that jackass accosted.

and that certainly does not mean the kids shouldn't be punished for their own bad behavior. they should be.

The school bus driver was obligated to protect the girl from the students, and the students from the dad.
He failed and should lose his job. Ideally he would be prosecuted. If he had been doing his job, none of it would have happened.

Excuse me? place a special needs child with a group of other children and that what you get? Special needs children are not ojects to be poked fun at. I am a big guy and would not have a problem and could get away picking on other people. But I don't do that people even special needs children have feelings and deserve respect.

Fine then. Forget 'special needs'.

Take a group of school kids, all in school uniforms.

Then throw one in, with a bright pink jumpsuit. What happens? That kid will be picked on.

You think kids are blind, and can't see differences? You think there isn't a social pecking order?

If this child has a disease, and has special needs, then mixing her in with normal kids, is going to lead to issues like this. You want her to have the 'normal' amount of respect? Then put her where she's 'normal'.

You want her treated 'normal'? I say she was. Kids goof off. It happens. This isn't strawberry shortcake land.

Call the school, call the parents of the bullying kids. Take rational steps. Don't charge on a bus of kids, and become what you're complaining about.

OMFG! Ghetto! I love it. I usually don't watch the stupid videos posted here. Reading the story is enough. :lol:

what a bunch of pussies. They pick on a special needs kid and they report the dad?

man, if I went home with this story, my mom and every other adult would've embarrassed me and a good whipping would have been coming.

Fucking kids called the police and whined to their parents?

their parents need the ass whooping if they didn't whoop their kids

Good I am glad to see your parents taught you to have a lttle respect. Now if they would have taught about supporting the right party.:lol:

Excuse me? place a special needs child with a group of other children and that what you get? Special needs children are not ojects to be poked fun at. I am a big guy and would not have a problem and could get away picking on other people. But I don't do that people even special needs children have feelings and deserve respect.

Then throw one in, with a bright pink jumpsuit. What happens? That kid will be picked on.

You think kids are blind, and can't see differences? You think there isn't a social pecking order?

If this child has a disease, and has special needs, then mixing her in with normal kids, is going to lead to issues like this. You want her to have the 'normal' amount of respect? Then put her where she's 'normal'.

You want her treated 'normal'? I say she was. Kids goof off. It happens. This isn't strawberry shortcake land.

Call the school, call the parents of the bullying kids. Take rational steps. Don't charge on a bus of kids, and become what you're complaining about.

No thats not what the fuck you said.

OMFG! Ghetto! I love it. I usually don't watch the stupid videos posted here. Reading the story is enough. :lol:

what a bunch of pussies. They pick on a special needs kid and they report the dad?

man, if I went home with this story, my mom and every other adult would've embarrassed me and a good whipping would have been coming.

Good I am glad to see your parents taught you to have a lttle respect. Now if they would have taught about supporting the right party.:lol:
man, that guy did nothing except upset some kids. he upset some kids who weren't upset enough over the bullying.

fucking kids and their asshole parents.

The school bus driver was obligated to protect the girl from the students, and the students from the dad.
He failed and should lose his job. Ideally he would be prosecuted. If he had been doing his job, none of it would have happened.

I certainly agree the bus driver should be fired. Doesn't change the fact that the dad accosting those kids was wrong.

I would've spoken to the driver. Asked if he needed help and then demanded he do something or --- use his imagination.

I certainly agree the bus driver should be fired. Doesn't change the fact that the dad accosting those kids was wrong.

accosted? they were like the Palestinians cheering on HAMAS. The dad only spoke in a language the kids understood.

that didn't look like a lily white hood. I bet few if any of those kids were traumatized.

lol

so , to summarize Okpstman believes that if you're black student is being picked on by white kids because he is one of just a few black kids, that is your fault for not putting his black ass in an all black school???

Dad threatens kids who teased girl- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut

[youtube]aoKMIH3riZA[/youtube]

There's bus camera video of a kid putting the condom on the girl's head, and the whole fucking bus bursts into laughter at the girl.

I can't find that video but it's been played on the news stations.

Dad says he told the school. School says he didn't. I don't know the real story, and I don't fucking care.

This dude did what ANY parent would want to do in this situation. I'm sure a bunch of kids who get enjoyment over alternative uses for condoms aren't going to be all that emotionally distressed over a couple cuss words and some much deserved threats.

Dude's my hero.
I would have done the same thing. Getting arrested would have been worth it.

It is he-said she-said. Remember? Wouldn't you first talk to the school about it?
All we know is what is on the video. Perhaps no one picked on HIS daughter.

I mentioned right in the OP that there is other video that shows the kid throwing the condom in her hair, but I couldn't find it.

It's been played several times now on national news. I saw it earlier on CNN Headline News.

This is where parenting comes in. You don't just throw up your hands and whine "kids will be kids" and use that as an excuse to opt out of teaching your kid basic manners and the most elemental human behavior.

My kids wouldn't pick on a girl with issues. They know I would kick their ass. Also, they have a kid with cerebal palsy in their class. they are friends with him and with his siblings. They see him being rolled to school by his brother, and when they spend the night or go shopping with that family, he goes with them. THAT is why you integrate kids. So they are accustomed to people who are different, and so they learn to act like human beings instead of animals.

I would've spoken to the driver. Asked if he needed help and then demanded he do something or --- use his imagination.

Yes yes we know, but we've already established that you're a fucking idiot. My post was aimed at thinking adults.

ConHog

EZ, I'm surprised that as a teacher you would applaud such stupid behavior from a parent. Would you want some parent coming and threatening children under your care no matter what they had done?

Nope. They'd be the first ones saying 'we need more laws to protect teachers from threats!!!'.
Of course not, the NON stupid response would have been to request a meeting with the bus driver's supervisor, and or the school board. This fool just opened this school up to all sorts of litigation.

And put forward a very bad example.

Great. A bunch of needless lawsuits. Just what the country needs.

In a way, didn't the father justify all the actions of the kids being bullies?

And there are processes in place, to deal with that punishment. What's next? A kid gets an 'f' for cheating, denies that he cheated to the parents, and then the parents burn down the teachers home?

Good for the father....too bad our little darlings are so overly protected that he is the one that gets prosecuted

Good for the father....too bad our little darlings are so overly protected that he is the one that gets prosecuted

This is beyond overly protecting. It's condoning the criminal behavior of children. It is not acceptable or legal to intimidate and harass people. It is legal to defend someone who is being intimidated and harassed.

ConHog

EZ, I'm surprised that as a teacher you would applaud such stupid behavior from a parent. Would you want some parent coming and threatening children under your care no matter what they had done?

Nope. They'd be the first ones saying 'we need more laws to protect teachers from threats!!!'.
Of course not, the NON stupid response would have been to request a meeting with the bus driver's supervisor, and or the school board. This fool just opened this school up to all sorts of litigation.

And put forward a very bad example.

Great. A bunch of needless lawsuits. Just what the country needs.

In a way, didn't the father justify all the actions of the kids being bullies?

And there are processes in place, to deal with that punishment. What's next? A kid gets an 'f' for cheating, denies that he cheated to the parents, and then the parents burn down the teachers home?

Please do not use my posts to try to justify your position mmkay?

man, that guy did nothing except upset some kids. he upset some kids who weren't upset enough over the bullying.

fucking kids and their asshole parents.

I would say if the child was not a special needs child and could defend herself then I would agree the father did wrong. But some times a father has got to do what a father must do defend his child when that child cannot defend herself.
I had a bully pick on me once I was in the first grade and he was in the fifth. everyday he would stick a needle in my ass. I would go home and my mother asked me everyday about the blood in my underwear I would say nothing until one day she said she was going to the school to see what was happening. I then fessed up. She told me if that kid did it again to bust him in the nose. Sure enough I get on the Bus, he started to reach at me when he lower his right arm I slugged him stood up on the Bus seat and kept swinging. The bus Driver stops the bus and stops the fight. Turns around and heads back to school. The school calls my home and talks with me mother . It was then she had a heart to heart with the school principle. Needless to say that bully did not stick anymore kids with a pin

Last edited:
Sheesh, what sort of little monster pulls that crap?

Good for your mom, that's exactly what I would have told you as well.

But if I had a special needs kid, I would have been straight on that bus giving those little bastards the straight dope. I would have also given the driver the straight dope.

Sheesh, what sort of little monster pulls that crap?

Good for your mom, that's exactly what I would have told you as well.

But if I had a special needs kid, I would have been straight on that bus giving those little bastards the straight dope. I would have also given the driver the straight dope.

AND you would have been wrong. PERIOD. Sure it may have felt good, and sure it sounds good to say so, but rationally the correct response would have been to go to the VP and if you receive no help there, the school board an or the police.

Forum List

Back