Father boards school bus to confront bullies picking on his special needs daughter

Actually, it sounds like the father wanted the child treated the same as everyone else. Considering that no one else was being bullied to that extreme and all.

I'm simply pointing out your verbiage, as if the child was a carrier of some infectious disease that she was subjecting the other children to.

Well, a smack on the back of the head, and a condemn prank doesn't seem that extreme. I can remember putting liquid heat in my team mates uniforms....the pain was horrible. I know, because it was done back to me of course. I'd be willing to bet that there were more kids 'picked' on than just this one girl.

I'd say putting a child in a group, and telling the kids that that child is 'special'...is 'subjecting' them. They're forced to behave in completely unnatural ways. They don't get to be kids, and goof around, for fear of offending the 'special' one.

'Subjecting' them, may sound harsh......'Exposing' them just sounds wrong.

What word would you prefer?

If the father cared about kids in general, he wouldn't subject the normal kids to his kid.

Wut?

What's difficult about it?

I'm sorry, but the child isn't normal. If it was a normal child, would this even be an issue? I'd say no.

The father didn't want his child treated as a normal child would be treated, with normal social interaction....he wanted her treated 'SPECIAL'.....protected above the normal standards.

We'd like to think that the world is all sunshine and flowers, and bunnies. It's not. Kids that are too different, get picked on.

Send the girl to a school with other 'special' kids, and the problem is solved.

You don't charge on a bus and start raving like an idiot, because YOU insisted on that your kid be treated 'special'. The father is a drama queen.

Nevrmind, EZ
I found the fuckstick

Actually, it sounds like the father wanted the child treated the same as everyone else. Considering that no one else was being bullied to that extreme and all.

I'm simply pointing out your verbiage, as if the child was a carrier of some infectious disease that she was subjecting the other children to.

Well, a smack on the back of the head, and a condemn prank doesn't seem that extreme. I can remember putting liquid heat in my team mates uniforms....the pain was horrible. I know, because it was done back to me of course. I'd be willing to bet that there were more kids 'picked' on than just this one girl.

I'd say putting a child in a group, and telling the kids that that child is 'special'...is 'subjecting' them. They're forced to behave in completely unnatural ways. They don't get to be kids, and goof around, for fear of offending the 'special' one.

You're cool with boys hitting girls, huh?

Well, a smack on the back of the head, and a condemn prank doesn't seem that extreme.

It does to me.

You don't hit girls.

Well, a smack on the back of the head, and a condemn prank doesn't seem that extreme.

It does to me.

You don't hit girls.

You don't see liquid heat in your teammates uniforms the same as slapping little girls in the back of the head?

You pussy :D

And exposing them sounds about right, as long as you word it correctly:

Edited:
If the father cared about kids in general, he wouldn't expose his child to a group of children who have not reached a level of maturity where they could handle themselves appropriately.

I still disagree with it, but it certainly gets your point across better.

Oh, the horror, you mean some children might be forced into learning the reality of relating to special needs people?

But putting that aside.....

Hitting other children is unacceptable behavior, regardless of their status. When I was in school , back in the 80's , certainly we had fights everyday, it was no big deal to punch someone or get punched then go about your business and the school would paddle someone or such, and that was the end of it, but in today's society, it is unacceptable, and dangerous. It is just as likely that that father wold have boarded that school bus with a gun and shot everyone on board. THAT reality is why schools need to be vigilant about such behavior and stomp it hard when they do see it.

The girl's mental state is really irrelevant to this story except as a means to garner further sympathy. The fact you feel it makes her less than human makes YOU irrelevant.

If the father cared about kids in general, he wouldn't subject the normal kids to his kid.

Wut?

I'm sorry, but the child isn't normal. If it was a normal child, would this even be an issue? I'd say no.

The father didn't want his child treated as a normal child would be treated, with normal social interaction....he wanted her treated 'SPECIAL'.....protected above the normal standards.

We'd like to think that the world is all sunshine and flowers, and bunnies. It's not. Kids that are too different, get picked on.

You don't charge on a bus and start raving like an idiot, because YOU insisted on that your kid be treated 'special'. The father is a drama queen.

where I grew up most parents in this situation would be on that bus in no time at all, special needs or not. get a life.

If it were my child I'd also find out who the parents of the other kids were and try talking to them. But I'd definitely have had a talk with the bus driver -- off the bus -- off hours.

Adults who have children in their care are responsible for the safety of the children. It's the law.

Radio, I bet you SUBJECT your daughters to a co-ed school where there are boys who may feel the overwhelming desire to hit them because it's otherwise unacceptable to do so.

You should immediately move them to an all girls school before things get ugly.

I have to tell you something , if I were on a city bus and a perfectly "normal" woman was sitting near me and some guy threw a condom on her head, he'd be sporting a black eye in a hurry.

Perfectly normal reaction, on a city bus. With adults. Not so much on kids being.....well, kids.

If a handicapped woman were the victim, my reaction would be the same. It's called standing up for people who are being bullied. Whether they be handicapped or not. Sorry you're not man enough to understand that concept.

Standing up for those being bullied? Please tone the rhetoric down Captain Hero.

Bullied? A smack on the head, and a condom prank? And you're ready to kick some ass?

It's called over reacting, and being a drama queen. The father didn't liberate France, he 'bullied' some kids. I'm sorry you're not man enough to see that.

Are there rules at the school, against hitting? Did the school fail to enforce those rules? Or does your moral code book, say that the first thing you do, if someone does something YOU don't like, is LASH OUT?

Not very rational IMO.

where I grew up most parents in this situation would be on that bus in no time at all, special needs or not. get a life.

If it were my child I'd also find out who the parents of the other kids were and try talking to them. But I'd definitely have had a talk with the bus driver -- off the bus -- off hours.

Adults who have children in their care are responsible for the safety of the children. It's the law.

Felony, in ALL jurisdictions, whether off duty or not, you can't threaten school employees in conjunction with their jobs.

Radio, I bet you SUBJECT your daughters to a co-ed school where there are boys who may feel the overwhelming desire to hit them because it's otherwise unacceptable to do so.

You should immediately move them to an all girls school before things get ugly.

No worries.

They're all joining a convent when they hit 12 years old.

They can be released when they hit retirement age.

It's in my will and everything.

I have to tell you something , if I were on a city bus and a perfectly "normal" woman was sitting near me and some guy threw a condom on her head, he'd be sporting a black eye in a hurry.

Perfectly normal reaction, on a city bus. With adults. Not so much on kids being.....well, kids.

If a handicapped woman were the victim, my reaction would be the same. It's called standing up for people who are being bullied. Whether they be handicapped or not. Sorry you're not man enough to understand that concept.

Standing up for those being bullied? Please tone the rhetoric down Captain Hero.

Bullied? A smack on the head, and a condom prank? And you're ready to kick some ass?

It's called over reacting, and being a drama queen. The father didn't liberate France, he 'bullied' some kids. I'm sorry you're not man enough to see that.

Are there rules at the school, against hitting? Did the school fail to enforce those rules? Or does your moral code book, say that the first thing you do, if someone does something YOU don't like, is LASH OUT?

Not very rational IMO.

Perhaps you've missed the FOUR posts I've made where I said the father reacted wrong?

I am merely countering your (stupid) argument that this was no big deal. It IS a big deal. No school can allow bullying to occur.

Hell yeah. I know I would be on top of it. It is only human nature to feel an strong almost irrational desire to protect your kids at all costs. This is precisely why I will not allow my 5 year old son to ride a bus with Junior High kids. Because I know it would only be a matter of time before I found myself confronted with the uncontrollable desire to throttle some puck as junior high kids who found it funny to pick on my kid or try and get him to do stuff he should not be doing at his age.

Frankly I think it is pure insanity that my district is asking preschoolers to ride with Junior high school age kids.

Felony, in ALL jurisdictions, whether off duty or not, you can't threaten school employees in conjunction with their jobs.

Talking is a felony?

I get that you think Dante is using a euphemism, but in this case I think Dante really does mean talking.

he should have shot the kids who put the condom on

No you dummy, if he had any sense he would have found the biggest kid on that bus and paid him $20 to beat the shit out of the condom thrower, off campus. My son would have done it for free.

What he should NOT have done was became an adult threatening children. Total moron move.

a kid that would do such a thing is already worthless and has no reason to be kept alive. kill him as an example

All perfectly acceptable responses there.

Charging on a bus of kids, and ranting, isn't.

If the Adults responsible for the child were allowing things to happen, there are ways to fix that.

As an adult, bullying a group of adolescents, because they were 'bullies'....doesn't seem smart.

Hell yeah. I know I would be on top of it. It is only human nature to feel an strong almost irrational desire to protect your kids at all costs. This is precisely why I will not allow my 5 year old son to ride a bus with Junior High kids. Because I know it would only be a matter of time before I found myself confronted with the uncontrollable desire to throttle some puck as junior high kids who found it funny to pick on my kid or try and get him to do stuff he should not be doing at his age.

Frankly I think it is pure insanity that my district is asking preschoolers to ride with Junior high school age kids.

uhhh yea... what dumbass thought that was a good idea?

All perfectly acceptable responses there.

Charging on a bus of kids, and ranting, isn't.

If the Adults responsible for the child were allowing things to happen, there are ways to fix that.

As an adult, bullying a group of adolescents, because they were 'bullies'....doesn't seem smart.

You don't think things through, do you?

:eusa_shhh:

Dad threatens kids who teased girl- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut

A father furious because his 13-year-old daughter who suffers from cerebral palsy had been bullied stormed onto a school bus and threatened the children who teased her, deputies said.

He told deputies the boys placed an open condom on his daughter’s head, smacked her on the back of her head, twisted her ear and shouted rude comments at her, the report said.

[youtube]aoKMIH3riZyoutube]

There's bus camera video of a kid putting the condom on the girl's head, and the whole fucking bus bursts into laughter at the girl.

I can't find that video but it's been played on the news stations.

Dad says he told the school. School says he didn't. I don't know the real story, and I don't fucking care.

This dude did what ANY parent would want to do in this situation. I'm sure a bunch of kids who get enjoyment over alternative uses for condoms aren't going to be all that emotionally distressed over a couple cuss words and some much deserved threats.

Dude's my hero.

The man did what some parents might do, not what most or all parents would do. He took things into his own hands.

He should pay for it with being held to account. I say a slap on the wrist and a warning to other parents not to expect the same if they repeat this stunt. Teasing and terrible behavior by kids (been going on since Cain and Abel) is no excuse for horrible behavior by adults.

Imagine what comes next? A man with a gun who is afraid of the bullies he will confront?

So the man did what I would do, but I hope like me he will gladly face the consequences and do the right thing -- plead forgiveness for his own bad behavior as he attacks those responsible who allowed this to get so out of hand.

pay attention -- we are a nation of laws, not men or emotions.

note Paulie and Hoggo, there is middle ground you two dopes.

Wut?

Forum List

Back