Father boards school bus to confront bullies picking on his special needs daughter

The father's actions remind me of George W. - Overly reactionary guy with an itchy trigger finger.

"School spokeswoman Regina Murray Klaers said in an e-mail that Jones did not express his concerns to school administrators. The incident that apparently upset Jones involved ANOTHER GIRL, not his daughter, Klaers said. That incident was fully investigated, and appropriate action was taken, Klaers said."

Deputies: Dad Threatened Kids Who Teased Daughter - CBS News

Yeah.

That's what the school SAYS.

The school has their legal interests to protect just like the father does.

It's he said, she said. The guy made a move to protect his daughter.

It's not like he went in there swinging.

How would it benefit the school to have it say that it happened to a different girl? It would simply encourage parents of children riding that bus to look into it. Okay. It does amount to "he said - she said". Yet, based upon the shcool's reply, he strikes me as an overly-reactionary father.

You people don't undertand the law do you?

You can't threaten children. PERIOD. The father should be prosecuted for that, stupid.

On the other side of the ledger, I ask what the fuck is going on at that school? Our administrators review bus tapes every Friday and if we find things like this that a bus driver hasn't addressed, there are serious questions of why. I'd vote to fire this bus driver.-And if it was reviewed and no action taken, I'd vote to fire the damned administrators to.

Stupidity on both sides.

As for children on the bus, I would HOPE that my son would have caught the condom tosser off campus and beat his ass. Actually, I know he would have, we don't do bullies.

I'm not real familiar with cerebral palsy, but I doubt it lends itself to an attitude of toughness, let alone the physical prowess to back it up with.

And no one is debating the law. The guy made an illegal move.

A move I would probably have made as well, if the school wasn't responding to me.

At some point you take matters into your own hands to protect your child.

Even if the father really didn't contact the school about his daugher, I still support him. He reacted on instinct to protect his daughter. It's just a disorderly person's offense.

It's not like he brought a gun on and sprayed the whole bus up.

Dad threatens kids who teased girl- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut

A father furious because his 13-year-old daughter who suffers from cerebral palsy had been bullied stormed onto a school bus and threatened the children who teased her, deputies said.

He told deputies the boys placed an open condom on his daughter’s head, smacked her on the back of her head, twisted her ear and shouted rude comments at her, the report said.

[youtube]aoKMIH3riZyoutube]

There's bus camera video of a kid putting the condom on the girl's head, and the whole fucking bus bursts into laughter at the girl.

I can't find that video but it's been played on the news stations.

Dad says he told the school. School says he didn't. I don't know the real story, and I don't fucking care.

This dude did what ANY parent would want to do in this situation. I'm sure a bunch of kids who get enjoyment over alternative uses for condoms aren't going to be all that emotionally distressed over a couple cuss words and some much deserved threats.

Dude's my hero.

The man did what some parents might do, not what most or all parents would do. He took things into his own hands.

He should pay for it with being held to account. I say a slap on the wrist and a warning to other parents not to expect the same if they repeat this stunt. Teasing and terrible behavior by kids (been going on since Cain and Abel) is no excuse for horrible behavior by adults.

Imagine what comes next? A man with a gun who is afraid of the bullies he will confront?

So the man did what I would do, but I hope like me he will gladly face the consequences and do the right thing -- plead forgiveness for his own bad behavior as he attacks those responsible who allowed this to get so out of hand.

pay attention -- we are a nation of laws, not men or emotions.

note Paulie and Hoggo, there is middle ground you two dopes.

Last edited:
Here is why a girl with CP, or a boy with autism, or Down Syndrome, or OHI, or ADHD, or MiMH, or LD, or ED, or the deaf, the blind, etc. can go to a public school:

And this thread shows what it leads to.

No, this thread shows that kids aren't taught to stand up to bullies, and let these little punks do what they want to helpless people.

Nonsense.

This thread shows that you take a group of normal kids, and throw in one 'special' one, that this is what you get.

You think this father taught these kids compassion? No. He taught them (since he's bigger and meaner), the opposite lesson he was shooting for.

Or maybe he wasn't trying to teach these kids a 'lesson', maybe he just didn't like HIS kid that was thrust into a group of normal kids, made fun of.

Send all the 'special' kids to 'special' schools. If the father cared about kids in general, he wouldn't subject the normal kids to his kid.

There are 'punks' all over. There's even punks as adults. The father threw a raw piece of meat into a group of lion-punk-kids.....what did he think would happen? That all those kids would just accept his child as 'normal'? SHE'S not normal. She's 'special'.

Of course she'll be picked on.

Dad threatens kids who teased girl- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut

A father furious because his 13-year-old daughter who suffers from cerebral palsy had been bullied stormed onto a school bus and threatened the children who teased her, deputies said.

He told deputies the boys placed an open condom on his daughter’s head, smacked her on the back of her head, twisted her ear and shouted rude comments at her, the report said.

There's bus camera video of a kid putting the condom on the girl's head, and the whole fucking bus bursts into laughter at the girl.

Dad says he told the school. School says he didn't. I don't know the real story, and I don't fucking care.

This dude did what ANY parent would want to do in this situation. I'm sure a bunch of kids who get enjoyment over alternative uses for condoms aren't going to be all that emotionally distressed over a couple cuss words and some much deserved threats.

Dude's my hero.

The man did what some parents might do, not what most or all parents would do. He took things into his own hands.

He should pay for it with being held to account. I say a slap on the wrist and a warning to other parents not to expect the same if they repeat this stunt. Teasing and terrible behavior by kids (been going on since Cain and Abel) is no excuse for horrible behavior by adults.

Imagine what comes next? A man with a gun who is afraid of the bullies he will confront?

So the man did what I would do, but I hope like me he will gladly face the consequences and do the right thing -- plead forgiveness for his own bad behavior as he attacks those responsible who allowed this to get so out of hand.

I said what any parent would WANT to do, not WOULD do.

Any parent who wouldn't at least have a desire to go on the bus and stand up for their child is a pretty crappy person in my book.

Some can control the desire, some can't. But the desire is the parental instinct.

And this thread shows what it leads to.

No, this thread shows that kids aren't taught to stand up to bullies, and let these little punks do what they want to helpless people.

Nonsense.

This thread shows that you take a group of normal kids, and throw in one 'special' one, that this is what you get.

You think this father taught these kids compassion? No. He taught them (since he's bigger and meaner), the opposite lesson he was shooting for.

Or maybe he wasn't trying to teach these kids a 'lesson', maybe he just didn't like HIS kid that was thrust into a group of normal kids, made fun of.

Send all the 'special' kids to 'special' schools. If the father cared about kids in general, he wouldn't subject the normal kids to his kid.

There are 'punks' all over. There's even punks as adults. The father threw a raw piece of meat into a group of lion-punk-kids.....what did he think would happen? That all those kids would just accept his child as 'normal'? SHE'S not normal. She's 'special'.

Of course she'll be picked on.

BULLSHIT

You just exposed yourself to be a troll, so I will no longer respond to you.

There is a Nazi thread that I think you'll enjoy though, all they wanted was perfect blonde hair/blue eyed children to take over the Third Reich. You'll fit right in with them!

Fortunately my son has never been bullied. But if he had, I'd approach the school and the other father and say "Either you deal with it or I will. And it will be much better if you deal with it because it won't be good if I do."

In the interest of disclosure, my son was just diagnosed in the autism spectrum.

You'll have to forgive me if this story hits a little close to home at the moment.

Dude's my hero.

I said what any parent would WANT to do, not WOULD do.

Any parent who wouldn't at least have a desire to go on the bus and stand up for their child is a pretty crappy person in my book.

Some can control the desire, some can't. But the desire is the parental instinct.

The ages suggest Junior High School age, no? I'd go after the Bus driver and the School employees. Why? When the child leaves home and boards the bus, they are in the care of the adult supervising.

But if the parent were to legally go after the school and force them to pay for more security or for stricter penalties all sides would attack the ideas.

School has become a political football with the religious right and the con jobbers, along with the whacko left using the kids as pawns. No one really cares about the kids. They say they do, but they never have. This shit went on back when I was in Junior High.

I was the one who would try to put a stop to it. I know.

Nonsense.

BULLSHIT

You just exposed yourself to be a troll, so I will no longer respond to you.

Well, I'll certainly lose sleep over that.

Hoe noes!!

Some idiot won't respond to me, because I don't think like he does!!!!:lol:

In the interest of disclosure, my son was just diagnosed in the autism spectrum.

You'll have to forgive me if this story hits a little close to home at the moment.

S...

I'll send a PM instead of a post.

:cool:

My son was "diagnosed" with asburgers when he was 3, then 5 months later we were told they were wrong.

Today he is clearly a very bright and well adjusted kid, with no signs of any problems at all.

If the father cared about kids in general, he wouldn't subject the normal kids to his kid.

Wut?

What's difficult about it?

I'm sorry, but the child isn't normal. If it was a normal child, would this even be an issue? I'd say no.

The father didn't want his child treated as a normal child would be treated, with normal social interaction....he wanted her treated 'SPECIAL'.....protected above the normal standards.

We'd like to think that the world is all sunshine and flowers, and bunnies. It's not. Kids that are too different, get picked on.

Send the girl to a school with other 'special' kids, and the problem is solved.

You don't charge on a bus and start raving like an idiot, because YOU insisted on that your kid be treated 'special'. The father is a drama queen.

If the father cared about kids in general, he wouldn't subject the normal kids to his kid.

Wut?

I'm sorry, but the child isn't normal. If it was a normal child, would this even be an issue? I'd say no.

The father didn't want his child treated as a normal child would be treated, with normal social interaction....he wanted her treated 'SPECIAL'.....protected above the normal standards.

We'd like to think that the world is all sunshine and flowers, and bunnies. It's not. Kids that are too different, get picked on.

You don't charge on a bus and start raving like an idiot, because YOU insisted on that your kid be treated 'special'. The father is a drama queen.

Actually, it sounds like the father wanted the child treated the same as everyone else. Considering that no one else was being bullied to that extreme and all.

I'm simply pointing out your verbiage, as if the child was a carrier of some infectious disease that she was subjecting the other children to.

Wut?

Not wanting your child being singled out and abused physically, verbally, and emotionally on a daily basis equates to wanting her treated "special"?

The fact is, you don't know dick about what the father WANTED, other than for a bunch of kids taken to task for throwing condoms in her hair and slapping her in the back of the head.

Get this through your fucking numbskull head...a BOY, of sound mind and body, was hitting a GIRL, of questionable mind and body, in her fucking HEAD.

I don't give a fuck if there's special needs involved or not.

Where I come from, boys who hit girls get their mother fucking asses WHOOPED THE FUCK UP.

Wut?

Hold up. Are you suggesting the father objected to a condom being thrown on his daughter's head solely because she is handicapped? I have to tell you something , if I were on a city bus and a perfectly "normal" woman was sitting near me and some guy threw a condom on her head, he'd be sporting a black eye in a hurry. If a handicapped woman were the victim, my reaction would be the same. It's called standing up for people who are being bullied. Whether they be handicapped or not. Sorry you're not man enough to understand that concept.

he should have shot the kids who put the condom on

No you dummy, if he had any sense he would have found the biggest kid on that bus and paid him $20 to beat the shit out of the condom thrower, off campus. My son would have done it for free.

What he should NOT have done was became an adult threatening children. Total moron move.

Hold up. Are you suggesting the father objected to a condom being thrown on his daughter's head solely because she is handicapped? I have to tell you something , if I were on a city bus and a perfectly "normal" woman was sitting near me and some guy threw a condom on her head, he'd be sporting a black eye in a hurry. If a handicapped woman were the victim, my reaction would be the same. It's called standing up for people who are being bullied. Whether they be handicapped or not. Sorry you're not man enough to understand that concept.

The condom is one thing...but there were boys on the bus slapping the girl in the back of her head.

I commend the guy for being able to simply get loud and leave it at that.

I may have broken the boy's arm for laying his hands on my daughter. I don't think I can deny that.

Forum List

Back