Fasting and its deadly implications

The cool smart , people keep their eating within an eight hour time band .
Or ten hours if you prefer .

It will not do you any harm and you might be more than surprised with the benefits .
Once you establish the fresh routine , your body and psyche will be delighted .
imho .

You are neither cool nor smart.

Here's another one of those fads that people are doing. I dont get it.

Fasting in general contributes greatly to health. Intermittent fasting is good for you in so many ways.
Jesus fasted 40 days. Scripture recommends it. My longest fast was 7 days. You benefit both spiritually and physically when you fast.
Fasting has been linked to battling cancer

Intermittent fasting, under the direction of a physician or a qualified medical professional, can be good.

Be careful of quacks and like the OP.

People have actually argued with me over this, but

When most get up in the morning they...

BREAK FAST

AKA BREAKFAST.

Everybody fasts every day at least 8 hours. Intermittent fasting the fast is 16 to 20 hours. Biblical/spiritual fasts are a day or more

EVERYBODY fasts. It's just a question of HOW MANY HOURS

The cool smart , people keep their eating within an eight hour time band .
Or ten hours if you prefer .

It will not do you any harm and you might be more than surprised with the benefits .
Once you establish the fresh routine , your body and psyche will be delighted .
imho .
I’ve done this for years. I usually don’t eat until around noon and then again around 6pm. It works for me.

I‘ve considered doing a several day dry fast, as studies show it offers numerous health benefits including longevity. Maybe some day.

Here's another one of those fads that people are doing. I dont get it.

I guess my wife and I are doomed for heart disease then if it is true going without food for 16 hours leads to heart disease. What is funny about this is my own doctor has told me fasting or cutting back to eating only once a day is perfectly healthy and nothing is wrong with it. My own doctor fasts sometimes. My doctor is a muslim though so he might have different opinions than other doctors.

My wife only eats one meal a day. She has eaten only one meal a day ever since she was a little girl, she just has no appetite and only gets hungry around dinner time and that's it, that is the only time of the day she eats any food. She is about 5'8" and 120 lbs and she has always been that weight or even lighter for decades. She never struggled with weight because she has no appetite and hardly eats anything, once a day at dinner that's it.

I have for decades ever since I was in high school skipped meals to cut back on calories for diets. Sometimes eating only once a day or twice. Sometimes when I have dieting in the past I have gone the whole day without eating anything at all. I have done this for decades sometimes losing as much as 85 lbs on a diet without any negative consequences.

Never experienced any negative consequences from eating just only once a day. Very active three sport athlete in high school. Runner, weight lifter, martial arts, boxing, football, basketball... always been very active.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back