Explaining the Election

Explaining the Election 101

1. Against a popular incumbent, the majority of credible GOP candidates chose not to run
2. Republicans had their weakest field of candidates in a generation
3. The economy actually got better
4. Osama bin Laden was killed
5. Romneys 47% statement alienated voters
6. Stupid pronouncements from GOP candidates alienated voters
7. Romney was unable to follow up his first debate performance
8. Hurricane Sandy took out the last week of campaigning
9. Obama did a better job in getting out the vote

1. Against a popular incumbent, the majority of credible GOP candidates chose not to run
:confused: Are there credible GOP candidates?

Romney was credible.....just tagged with a TeaBagging platform that even an Etch a Sketch couldn't fix

Christie, Rubio, Daniels, Jindall would have made better candidates. But wisely decided to sit this one out

Ya' know, Boo....your characterization of my reaction to the election is flawed, in that I'm certainly not saying 'hey, I didn't want to win that election, anyway.'

You understand the distinction....don't you"

Or are you a member of the Pod People?
Oh...you are.

To set the record straight....my primary reaction is shock.
Not sour grapes......shock that I had overestimated so many Americans.

So...exactly when did you realize that you were anencephalic?

Ann Coulter is right... Women shouldn't be allowed to vote. Nor should Blacks, Latinos, Asians and people between the age of 18-29. They're just not responsible enough to vote.

Correct?

Conservatives historically have fought against every expansion of voters' rights. Thankfully, conservatives are historically almost always on the wrong side of history,

as will be the fate of contemporary conservatives.

The only difference between Custer’s Last Stand and what I’m about to do to you is that Custer didn’t have to read the post afterwards.

1. Democrat Progressive Woodrow Wilson was a white supremacist; he accepted uncritically the post-Reconstruction South, and its methods that arranged to keep black Americans in their place. He, himself, was responsible for segregating government buildings. Chace, "1912," P.43

a. In 1915, he advised his second wife, whose niece was to marry a Panamanian: “It would be bad enough at best to have anyone we love marry into a Central American family, because their is the presumption that the blood in not unmixed.” Louis Auchincloss, “Woodrow Wilson,” p.6.

b. Compare this with TR, who dined with Booker T. Washington, at the White House. For this he was criticized by Congress, and never did so again.

c. Blacks, of course, saw Wilson as a southern white supremacist: at Princeton, he banned blacks, and he supported a ‘Jim Crow’ South.

d. The filmmaker David W. Griffith quoted Wilson's two-volume history of the United States, now notorious for its racist view of Reconstruction, in his infamous masterpiece The Clansman, a paean to the Ku Klux Klan for its role in putting down "black-dominated" Republican state governments during Reconstruction. Griffith based the movie on a book by Wilson's former classmate, Thomas Dixon, whose obsession with race was "unrivaled until Mein Kampf." At a private White House showing, Wilson saw the movie, now retitled Birth of a Nation, and returned Griffith's compliment: "It is like writing history with lightning, and my only regret is that it is all so true." Griffith would go on to use this quotation in successfully defending his film against NAACP charges that it was racially inflammatory. Ode to Woodrow Wilson | UT Watch on the Web

2.How about your abysmal knowledge about women's right to vote?

a. It was a Republican who introduced what became the 19th Amendment, women’s suffrage. On May 21, 1919, U.S. Representative James R. Mann (1856-1922), a Republican from Illinois and chairman of the Suffrage Committee, proposed the House resolution to approve the Susan Anthony Amendment granting women the right to vote. The measure passed the House 304-89—a full 42 votes above the required two-thirds majority. 19th Amendment — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

b. The 1919 vote in the House of Representatives was possible because Republicans had retaken control of the House. Attempts to get it passed through Democrat-controlled Congresses had failed.

c. The Senate vote was approved only after a Democrat filibuster; and 82% of the Republican Senators voted for it….and 54% of the Democrats.

d. 26 of the 36 states that ratified the 19th Amendment had Republican legislatures.

Now.....don't you wish you remained past junior high school?

Any truth to the rumor that that they added a plaque to your seat in the dumb row 'cause you occupied it for so many years?

Yup.....you're a Pod.

Romney was credible.....just tagged with a TeaBagging platform that even an Etch a Sketch couldn't fix

Christie, Rubio, Daniels, Jindall would have made better candidates. But wisely decided to sit this one out

Yup. My guess is that one of their reasons is that they didn't want Grover Norquist shoving one of this silly "pledges" in their face. Christie was probably worried he'd have punched Norquist in the nose.

How could you have been so wrong about the election?

So rather than admit that you were stupid in thinking Romney would win, it is easier to claim the rest of America is stupid

Au contraire.

My error was in assigning the same understanding of history and rectitude that those of us on the Right have to you Pod People.

The vid that I provided?

The tocsin in it are exactly the ones should be applied to the contemporary political realm.
It's just that Pods don't have ears to hear them.

You have an understanding of history?

That attacking 47% of the electorate somehow gets you elected?

So.....you accept as valid the six items a. through f. in the OP.

That's why you guys are Pod People.

Ya' know, Boo....your characterization of my reaction to the election is flawed, in that I'm certainly not saying 'hey, I didn't want to win that election, anyway.'

You understand the distinction....don't you?

Oh...you are.

Yeah right, for the record I'm still goin with Very Sour Grapes. As I will with any and all who try to lay the blame for the deaths of Americans killed by Drug Gangs from Mexico or Terrorist in Benghazi directly at the feet of the President.

VSG

"http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/190476-the-next-administration.html" by PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic said:
1. It has become a waste of time to discuss whether or not Obama can/will win.
He is more burned than Edgar Winter on an Ecuadoran beach.

a. Even Democrats are scorching him. "Rep. Dennis Cardoza, D-Calif., announced his retirement from Congress this afternoon -- and he issued a scathing parting shot at President Obama's track record on his way out." Announcing Retirement, Dem Congressman Bashes Obama - Hotline On Call

b. His poll numbers are down with every constituent group.

c. Think he can come back? Two words: Unemployment, Debt.

R.I.P.

Au contraire.

My error was in assigning the same understanding of history and rectitude that those of us on the Right have to you Pod People.

The vid that I provided?

The tocsin in it are exactly the ones should be applied to the contemporary political realm.
It's just that Pods don't have ears to hear them.

You have an understanding of history?

That attacking 47% of the electorate somehow gets you elected?

So.....you accept as valid the six items a. through f. in the OP.

That's why you guys are Pod People.

Sorry....didn't read it

Ann Coulter is right... Women shouldn't be allowed to vote. Nor should Blacks, Latinos, Asians and people between the age of 18-29. They're just not responsible enough to vote.

Correct?

Conservatives historically have fought against every expansion of voters' rights. Thankfully, conservatives are historically almost always on the wrong side of history,

The only difference between Custer’s Last Stand and what I’m about to do to you is that Custer didn’t have to read the post afterwards.

1. Democrat Progressive Woodrow Wilson was a white supremacist; he accepted uncritically the post-Reconstruction South, and its methods that arranged to keep black Americans in their place. He, himself, was responsible for segregating government buildings. Chace, "1912," P.43

a. In 1915, he advised his second wife, whose niece was to marry a Panamanian: “It would be bad enough at best to have anyone we love marry into a Central American family, because their is the presumption that the blood in not unmixed.” Louis Auchincloss, “Woodrow Wilson,” p.6.

b. Compare this with TR, who dined with Booker T. Washington, at the White House. For this he was criticized by Congress, and never did so again.

c. Blacks, of course, saw Wilson as a southern white supremacist: at Princeton, he banned blacks, and he supported a ‘Jim Crow’ South.

d. The filmmaker David W. Griffith quoted Wilson's two-volume history of the United States, now notorious for its racist view of Reconstruction, in his infamous masterpiece The Clansman, a paean to the Ku Klux Klan for its role in putting down "black-dominated" Republican state governments during Reconstruction. Griffith based the movie on a book by Wilson's former classmate, Thomas Dixon, whose obsession with race was "unrivaled until Mein Kampf." At a private White House showing, Wilson saw the movie, now retitled Birth of a Nation, and returned Griffith's compliment: "It is like writing history with lightning, and my only regret is that it is all so true." Griffith would go on to use this quotation in successfully defending his film against NAACP charges that it was racially inflammatory. Ode to Woodrow Wilson | UT Watch on the Web

a. It was a Republican who introduced what became the 19th Amendment, women’s suffrage. On May 21, 1919, U.S. Representative James R. Mann (1856-1922), a Republican from Illinois and chairman of the Suffrage Committee, proposed the House resolution to approve the Susan Anthony Amendment granting women the right to vote. The measure passed the House 304-89—a full 42 votes above the required two-thirds majority. 19th Amendment — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

b. The 1919 vote in the House of Representatives was possible because Republicans had retaken control of the House. Attempts to get it passed through Democrat-controlled Congresses had failed.

c. The Senate vote was approved only after a Democrat filibuster; and 82% of the Republican Senators voted for it….and 54% of the Democrats.

d. 26 of the 36 states that ratified the 19th Amendment had Republican legislatures.

Any truth to the rumor that that they added a plaque to your seat in the dumb row 'cause you occupied it for so many years?

Yup.....you're a Pod.

Wilson was also an interventionist as well. Hell's Bells he could be a modern day Republican couldn't he?

Yup.....you're a Pod.

Wilson was also an interventionist as well. Hell's Bells he could be a modern day Republican couldn't he?

Or a Johnson Democrat.

You heard about the Vietnam War?
It was in all the papers.....

Oh...you are.

Yeah right, for the record I'm still goin with Very Sour Grapes. As I will with any and all who try to lay the blame for the deaths of Americans killed by Drug Gangs from Mexico or Terrorist in Benghazi directly at the feet of the President.

VSG

VSG Syndrome is going to linger for quite some time.

Correct?

Yup.....you're a Pod.

You don't understand that the Republican and Democratic parties were not conservative and liberal 100 years ago. YOU need to study history.

Oh...you are.

VSG

1. Simply means that Aesop's allegories are beyond your ability to comprehend.
No surprise in Pod People.

2. " try to lay the blame for the deaths ... directly at the feet of the President."
So....does that mean you don't believe he gets the credit he's been claiming for the death of Osama?

No comments on the other items I listed that indicate that there was no sentient individual voting for this flop?

Really hoping that you recover your senses.

Yup.....you're a Pod.

Or a Johnson Democrat.

You heard about the Vietnam War?
It was in all the papers.....

Sure that's when Sweet William was Billy Badass (BurrrrRocks pal'in arround buddy):tongue::tongue:

Correct?

Yup.....you're a Pod.

Not to be a nag but you didn't answer my question.

Since you seem to like Ann Coulter's ideology, do you agree with her that women shouldn't have the right to vote, given the majority of women didn't vote the way she (or you) wanted them to?

1. At an earlier juncture, I merely disagreed with the Progressives/Liberals/Democrats. Strongly.

2. I came to understand that they were less informed, less educated than the Right. I came to name the “Party of the Uninformed.”

a. Yet, I always thought that education was the problem, and given the same facts that we on the Right have, they would join up.

b. They were the “reliable Democrat voters.”

3. A very astute observer of the political scene revealed the reality: “Not facts, nor data, nor experience, nor rational debate will convince Liberals.” Of course, therein lies the explanation for this election.

a. “Liberals don't read books – they don't read anything … That's why they're liberals. They watch TV, absorb the propaganda, and vote on the basis of urges.” (Coulter)

4. If they did, they might have wandered into “Democracy in America,” by Alexis de Tocqueville. Almost 200 years ago, he wrote about the charm and the effect of Liberalism: In the 1830’s, he described “an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate.” As he predicted, this power is “absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle,” and it “works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness.” Sounds great, eh? And, so many vote for exactly that.

a. But he also suggest that folks ask whether it can “relieve them entirely of the trouble of thinking and of the effort associated with living.”

6.Doubt that “Not facts, nor data, nor experience, nor rational debate will convince Liberals”? Check this out:

a. When Obama whispered to the Russians that he’d be more ‘flexible’ after the election…who among the Obama voters asked what was the flexibility, or why he was whispering it?

b. The uneducated and uncaring Obama voter claimed ‘Bush lied!,’ As a candidate in 2008, Barack Obama promised that if he was elected president he would not issue declarations known as signing statements that thwart the intent of laws passed by Congress….then did so his first week in office. Did "Obama Lies" become a bumper-sticker?

c. The obtuse Obama voter endorsed the Constitution by an ‘atta boy’ when Obama claimed to be a Constitutional law professor….but when he issued an executive order obviating a law, the Clinton welfare bill [“Government Accountability Office (GAO) on Tuesday confirmed that President Barack Obama did in fact change the rules in Bill Clinton’s landmark Welfare Reform Act despite the Obama administration's claims to the contrary. “], ….not a whimper. Seems they didn’t understand the designation ‘Legislative Branch.’ They forgot all about the Constitution.

d. While denying any proclivity toward Marxism, the ‘reliable Democrat voter’ rushed to pull the lever for a 20-year congregant of a James Cone inspired Black-Liberation church. Cone: “Marxism as a tool of social analysis can… help Christians to see how things really are.”
Cone, “For My People: Black Theology and the Black Church,” p. 187. “You Didn’t Build That!”

e. When the Obama administration was involved with incidents in which Americans were killed, ‘Fast and Furious,’ and Benghazi….they chose stone-walling as the strategy of choice. Seems that 'Bush Lied, People Died' didn't really mean anything to 'em.

f. Make a fuss about separation of religion from the public arena…but complain about voting for Romney because of his religion. And that Mormonism having been historically unkind to black folks….but support a party that produced Jim Crow laws, and fought against anti-lynching laws.

7. So, who elected this failed President to a second term? The Pod People.

No longer "The Uninformed," or simply 'reliable Democrat voters'.....

they are the Pod People.

Subsumed in an unthinking alien philosophy which allows no thought or reasoning.

Pods.

No longer people: Pods.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Trailer - YouTube

Now, all of us live, not in the United States of America....but in

The Latter-day League of Legumes.

The entirety of your confusion lies in the fact that you believe that everyone other than the far right conservatives are stupid liberals. You miss out on the fact that the vast majority of people you are talking about are normal Americans who fall somewhere in the middle in the political spectrum.

It's like that stupid video with Judge Judy, where the dumbass Black kid who is receiving all kinds of aid from the government thinks he shouldn't pay rent money, even though the government is giving him the rent money. You think that is how everyone other than the far right thinks. You look at that video and concentrate so hard on that stupid Black kid that you fail to recognize that there are two other Blacks in the video who work for a living and do not receive government aid.

[ame=http://youtu.be/LFke1xOaTEA]Judge Judy - Here's Who You Support With Taxes - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back