Explaining the Election

Conservatives historically have fought against every expansion of voters' rights. Thankfully, conservatives are historically almost always on the wrong side of history,

as will be the fate of contemporary conservatives.

The only difference between Custer’s Last Stand and what I’m about to do to you is that Custer didn’t have to read the post afterwards.

1. Democrat Progressive Woodrow Wilson was a white supremacist; he accepted uncritically the post-Reconstruction South, and its methods that arranged to keep black Americans in their place. He, himself, was responsible for segregating government buildings. Chace, "1912," P.43

a. In 1915, he advised his second wife, whose niece was to marry a Panamanian: “It would be bad enough at best to have anyone we love marry into a Central American family, because their is the presumption that the blood in not unmixed.” Louis Auchincloss, “Woodrow Wilson,” p.6.

b. Compare this with TR, who dined with Booker T. Washington, at the White House. For this he was criticized by Congress, and never did so again.

c. Blacks, of course, saw Wilson as a southern white supremacist: at Princeton, he banned blacks, and he supported a ‘Jim Crow’ South.

d. The filmmaker David W. Griffith quoted Wilson's two-volume history of the United States, now notorious for its racist view of Reconstruction, in his infamous masterpiece The Clansman, a paean to the Ku Klux Klan for its role in putting down "black-dominated" Republican state governments during Reconstruction. Griffith based the movie on a book by Wilson's former classmate, Thomas Dixon, whose obsession with race was "unrivaled until Mein Kampf." At a private White House showing, Wilson saw the movie, now retitled Birth of a Nation, and returned Griffith's compliment: "It is like writing history with lightning, and my only regret is that it is all so true." Griffith would go on to use this quotation in successfully defending his film against NAACP charges that it was racially inflammatory. Ode to Woodrow Wilson | UT Watch on the Web

2.How about your abysmal knowledge about women's right to vote?

a. It was a Republican who introduced what became the 19th Amendment, women’s suffrage. On May 21, 1919, U.S. Representative James R. Mann (1856-1922), a Republican from Illinois and chairman of the Suffrage Committee, proposed the House resolution to approve the Susan Anthony Amendment granting women the right to vote. The measure passed the House 304-89—a full 42 votes above the required two-thirds majority. 19th Amendment — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

b. The 1919 vote in the House of Representatives was possible because Republicans had retaken control of the House. Attempts to get it passed through Democrat-controlled Congresses had failed.

c. The Senate vote was approved only after a Democrat filibuster; and 82% of the Republican Senators voted for it….and 54% of the Democrats.

d. 26 of the 36 states that ratified the 19th Amendment had Republican legislatures.

Now.....don't you wish you remained past junior high school?

Any truth to the rumor that that they added a plaque to your seat in the dumb row 'cause you occupied it for so many years?

Yup.....you're a Pod.

Not to be a nag but you didn't answer my question.

Since you seem to like Ann Coulter's ideology, do you agree with her that women shouldn't have the right to vote, given the majority of women didn't vote the way she (or you) wanted them to?

Are you actually claiming that conservatives....I am one...would endorse depriving anyone of the right to vote if they "didn't vote the way she (or you) wanted them to"?

Please...be very careful with your answer, as it is a political Stanford-Binet IQ Test....and, having but one question, puts a lot of pressure on you.

I'm trying very hard to save you additional embarrassment.

Ann Coulter is right... Women shouldn't be allowed to vote. Nor should Blacks, Latinos, Asians and people between the age of 18-29. They're just not responsible enough to vote.

Correct?

Conservatives historically have fought against every expansion of voters' rights. Thankfully, conservatives are historically almost always on the wrong side of history,

The only difference between Custer’s Last Stand and what I’m about to do to you is that Custer didn’t have to read the post afterwards.

1. Democrat Progressive Woodrow Wilson was a white supremacist; he accepted uncritically the post-Reconstruction South, and its methods that arranged to keep black Americans in their place. He, himself, was responsible for segregating government buildings. Chace, "1912," P.43

a. In 1915, he advised his second wife, whose niece was to marry a Panamanian: “It would be bad enough at best to have anyone we love marry into a Central American family, because their is the presumption that the blood in not unmixed.” Louis Auchincloss, “Woodrow Wilson,” p.6.

b. Compare this with TR, who dined with Booker T. Washington, at the White House. For this he was criticized by Congress, and never did so again.

c. Blacks, of course, saw Wilson as a southern white supremacist: at Princeton, he banned blacks, and he supported a ‘Jim Crow’ South.

d. The filmmaker David W. Griffith quoted Wilson's two-volume history of the United States, now notorious for its racist view of Reconstruction, in his infamous masterpiece The Clansman, a paean to the Ku Klux Klan for its role in putting down "black-dominated" Republican state governments during Reconstruction. Griffith based the movie on a book by Wilson's former classmate, Thomas Dixon, whose obsession with race was "unrivaled until Mein Kampf." At a private White House showing, Wilson saw the movie, now retitled Birth of a Nation, and returned Griffith's compliment: "It is like writing history with lightning, and my only regret is that it is all so true." Griffith would go on to use this quotation in successfully defending his film against NAACP charges that it was racially inflammatory. Ode to Woodrow Wilson | UT Watch on the Web

a. It was a Republican who introduced what became the 19th Amendment, women’s suffrage. On May 21, 1919, U.S. Representative James R. Mann (1856-1922), a Republican from Illinois and chairman of the Suffrage Committee, proposed the House resolution to approve the Susan Anthony Amendment granting women the right to vote. The measure passed the House 304-89—a full 42 votes above the required two-thirds majority. 19th Amendment — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

b. The 1919 vote in the House of Representatives was possible because Republicans had retaken control of the House. Attempts to get it passed through Democrat-controlled Congresses had failed.

c. The Senate vote was approved only after a Democrat filibuster; and 82% of the Republican Senators voted for it….and 54% of the Democrats.

d. 26 of the 36 states that ratified the 19th Amendment had Republican legislatures.

Any truth to the rumor that that they added a plaque to your seat in the dumb row 'cause you occupied it for so many years?

Yup.....you're a Pod.

The party of Teddy Roosevelt is not the party of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.

Ya' know, Boo....your characterization of my reaction to the election is flawed, in that I'm certainly not saying 'hey, I didn't want to win that election, anyway.'

You understand the distinction....don't you?

Or are you a member of the Pod People?
Oh...you are.

To set the record straight....my primary reaction is shock.
Not sour grapes......shock that I had overestimated so many Americans.

So...exactly when did you realize that you were anencephalic?

Yeah right, for the record I'm still goin with Very Sour Grapes. As I will with any and all who try to lay the blame for the deaths of Americans killed by Drug Gangs from Mexico or Terrorist in Benghazi directly at the feet of the President.

VSG

1. Simply means that Aesop's allegories are beyond your ability to comprehend.
No surprise in Pod People.

2. " try to lay the blame for the deaths ... directly at the feet of the President."
So....does that mean you don't believe he gets the credit he's been claiming for the death of Osama?

No comments on the other items I listed that indicate that there was no sentient individual voting for this flop?

Really hoping that you recover your senses.

1. No, it was a nonsense allegory.

2. Did the president order an increase in resources hunting Bin Laden? Did he order the operation to go ahead? Wouldn't you, and all other rabid right lackeys, have heaped the blame on the President if it failed and Americans got killed?

This, like so many times in the past 4 years, is another sad attempt to hang an Albatross arround the Presidents neck. Still ain't happening. I wish I could say i'm shocked that the Repubicans would try and politicize a foriegn attack on the US and try to divide us when we should be coming together to fight these bastards.....but I'm not.

Yup.....you're a Pod.

Since you seem to like Ann Coulter's ideology, do you agree with her that women shouldn't have the right to vote, given the majority of women didn't vote the way she (or you) wanted them to?

Are you actually claiming that conservatives....I am one...would endorse depriving anyone of the right to vote if they "didn't vote the way she (or you) wanted them to"?

Please...be very careful with your answer, as it is a political Stanford-Binet IQ Test....and, having but one question, puts a lot of pressure on you.

COULTER: If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women.

The Raw Story | Coulter: If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about Dems

I'm sorry, what did you say I was claiming.......?

COULTER: If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women.
The Raw Story | Coulter: If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about Dems

Coulter is a single woman...

or is she?

proper response:

Laughter.jpg

Just heard Hannity say about the election, that the loss "is not that bad, the liberals are making too much out of it."

HOLY SHIT.

This, from the guy who was screaming stuff like "this is the most important election of our lifetime" and "if we lose this election we lose America".

Please, please tell me no one on the right takes people like this seriously.

You should have taken you sig line a bit more seriously 2001 - 2008... once again.. no credibility at all.

:lol:

Spoken like a real sore loser.

If you had an education, NoNoodles, you might have hesitated to post the above, considering the Democrat endorsement of the Dred Scott decision.

Wadda you saying....the Republicans should have allowed that to be the law of the land....or act like 'sore losers'....and pass the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments?

C'mon....speak up.

I would be willing to bet anything that my education equals yours if not surpassing it, and my life experiences would leave you far behind, tasting my dust. The fact that you are always trying to impress people that you are intelligent shows quite a lot of insecurity. You cannot even answer my question.

Last edited:

Just heard Hannity say about the election, that the loss "is not that bad, the liberals are making too much out of it."

HOLY SHIT.

This, from the guy who was screaming stuff like "this is the most important election of our lifetime" and "if we lose this election we lose America".

Please, please tell me no one on the right takes people like this seriously.

He did the same exact thing in 2006. Guys like him are not talk show hosts, they're babysitters.

1. At an earlier juncture, I merely disagreed with the Progressives/Liberals/Democrats. Strongly.

2. I came to understand that they were less informed, less educated than the Right. I came to name the “Party of the Uninformed.”

a. Yet, I always thought that education was the problem, and given the same facts that we on the Right have, they would join up.

b. They were the “reliable Democrat voters.”

3. A very astute observer of the political scene revealed the reality: “Not facts, nor data, nor experience, nor rational debate will convince Liberals.” Of course, therein lies the explanation for this election.

a. “Liberals don't read books – they don't read anything … That's why they're liberals. They watch TV, absorb the propaganda, and vote on the basis of urges.” (Coulter)

4. If they did, they might have wandered into “Democracy in America,” by Alexis de Tocqueville. Almost 200 years ago, he wrote about the charm and the effect of Liberalism: In the 1830’s, he described “an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate.” As he predicted, this power is “absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle,” and it “works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness.” Sounds great, eh? And, so many vote for exactly that.

a. But he also suggest that folks ask whether it can “relieve them entirely of the trouble of thinking and of the effort associated with living.”

6.Doubt that “Not facts, nor data, nor experience, nor rational debate will convince Liberals”? Check this out:

a. When Obama whispered to the Russians that he’d be more ‘flexible’ after the election…who among the Obama voters asked what was the flexibility, or why he was whispering it?

b. The uneducated and uncaring Obama voter claimed ‘Bush lied!,’ As a candidate in 2008, Barack Obama promised that if he was elected president he would not issue declarations known as signing statements that thwart the intent of laws passed by Congress….then did so his first week in office. Did "Obama Lies" become a bumper-sticker?

c. The obtuse Obama voter endorsed the Constitution by an ‘atta boy’ when Obama claimed to be a Constitutional law professor….but when he issued an executive order obviating a law, the Clinton welfare bill [“Government Accountability Office (GAO) on Tuesday confirmed that President Barack Obama did in fact change the rules in Bill Clinton’s landmark Welfare Reform Act despite the Obama administration's claims to the contrary. “], ….not a whimper. Seems they didn’t understand the designation ‘Legislative Branch.’ They forgot all about the Constitution.

d. While denying any proclivity toward Marxism, the ‘reliable Democrat voter’ rushed to pull the lever for a 20-year congregant of a James Cone inspired Black-Liberation church. Cone: “Marxism as a tool of social analysis can… help Christians to see how things really are.”
Cone, “For My People: Black Theology and the Black Church,” p. 187. “You Didn’t Build That!”

e. When the Obama administration was involved with incidents in which Americans were killed, ‘Fast and Furious,’ and Benghazi….they chose stone-walling as the strategy of choice. Seems that 'Bush Lied, People Died' didn't really mean anything to 'em.

f. Make a fuss about separation of religion from the public arena…but complain about voting for Romney because of his religion. And that Mormonism having been historically unkind to black folks….but support a party that produced Jim Crow laws, and fought against anti-lynching laws.

7. So, who elected this failed President to a second term? The Pod People.

No longer "The Uninformed," or simply 'reliable Democrat voters'.....

they are the Pod People.

Subsumed in an unthinking alien philosophy which allows no thought or reasoning.

Pods.

No longer people: Pods.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Trailer - YouTube

Now, all of us live, not in the United States of America....but in

The Latter-day League of Legumes.

How could you have been so wrong about the election?

So rather than admit that you were stupid in thinking Romney would win, it is easier to claim the rest of America is stupid

Au contraire.

My error was in assigning the same understanding of history and rectitude that those of us on the Right have to you Pod People.

The vid that I provided?

The tocsin in it are exactly the ones should be applied to the contemporary political realm.
It's just that Pods don't have ears to hear them.

You are so full of shit that it is coming out of your ears. No wonder you are impressed by Ann Coulter.

Yup.....you're a Pod.

The party of Barack Obama is the party of

Slavery,
Segregation,
Sedition,
and
Secularization....

...and the Pod People.

7. So, who elected this failed President to a second term? The Pod People.

Frankly, you're making too much of this election. Most of you all are. The 2012 Election doesn't represent a major shift Left for the country. It doesn't represent the "Have Nots" finally outnumbering the "Haves."

Here's what happened:

1. The GOP ran a Massachusets Liberal and tried to re-package him as a Conservative after the Conservatives in the race turned out to be unelectable.

2. Romney, flush with resources and business experience, failed to understand how to run a campaign or organize a turn out the vote effort.

3. Obama ran a better campaign.

That's pretty much it.

If there is a larger lesson to be learned here, it's that the moderate voters found the idea of government intervention into social issues more offensive than the idea of government intervention into fiscal issues. But even that is a stretch. People re-elected the GOP House, while they re-elected the DNC Oval Office. The DNC held the Senate thanks in part to Akin and Mourdock turning out to be flaming idiots.

Neither party made particularly strong in-roads. Both parties are going to be forced to compromise on their agendas in order to get things done. I expect the DNC will probably have to compromise more as their agenda not only has to get past the House, but it has to get past a GOP filibuster.

As for the rest: Of course you're going to characterize people you disagree with poorly. I could put together a similar list using the worst characteristics of the Right, but the truth is the Ann Coulter/Rush Limbaugh tactics have failed in the public sphere. They sell books, but they don't win elections. You will never ever grown the GOP ranks while your opinion is that the folks that disagree with you on one or two issues are obvious idiots to be written off.

I imagine the GOP will make gains at the midterms. But unless they find a more inclusive message, they'll lose again in 2016. The GOP has something of real value to offer and some real solutions. But it doesn't matter if the GOP candidates continue to act like assholes on the national stage.

Yeah right, for the record I'm still goin with Very Sour Grapes. As I will with any and all who try to lay the blame for the deaths of Americans killed by Drug Gangs from Mexico or Terrorist in Benghazi directly at the feet of the President.

VSG

1. Simply means that Aesop's allegories are beyond your ability to comprehend.
No surprise in Pod People.

2. " try to lay the blame for the deaths ... directly at the feet of the President."
So....does that mean you don't believe he gets the credit he's been claiming for the death of Osama?

No comments on the other items I listed that indicate that there was no sentient individual voting for this flop?

Really hoping that you recover your senses.

1. No, it was a nonsense allegory.

2. Did the president order an increase in resources hunting Bin Laden? Did he order the operation to go ahead? Wouldn't you, and all other rabid right lackeys, have heaped the blame on the President if it failed and Americans got killed?

This, like so many times in the past 4 years, is another sad attempt to hang an Albatross arround the Presidents neck. Still ain't happening. I wish I could say i'm shocked that the Repubicans would try and politicize a foriegn attack on the US and try to divide us when we should be coming together to fight these bastards.....but I'm not.

1. "No, it was a nonsense allegory."
Who introduced it into the discussion?

Oh...right....you did.

2. "Did the president order....blah...blah....blah..."
Wasn't it the Republican President who gets credit for the preceding preparations?

3. "...another sad attempt to hang an Albatross arround (sic) the Presidents neck."

No, silly....the OP is designed to hang a 'kick me' sign around your neck.....and the necks of all the other Pod People who march to the Leftist drummers, and saddled the nation with this dunce.

4. "try and politicize a foriegn attack on the US..."

How do we characterize an administration that lies about the provenance of the murders in Benghazi, as a CYA attempt....and lock up an American citizen for a year in a thinly veiled attempt to stifle free speech?

See...your inability to decipher same is what marks you as a Pod.

Yup.....you're a Pod.

The party of Barack Obama is the party of

Slavery,
Segregation,
Sedition,
and
Secularization....

...and the Pod People.

Have you ever heard of Nelson Rockefeller?

How could you have been so wrong about the election?

So rather than admit that you were stupid in thinking Romney would win, it is easier to claim the rest of America is stupid

Au contraire.

My error was in assigning the same understanding of history and rectitude that those of us on the Right have to you Pod People.

The vid that I provided?

The tocsin in it are exactly the ones should be applied to the contemporary political realm.
It's just that Pods don't have ears to hear them.

You are so full of shit that it is coming out of your ears. No wonder you are impressed by Ann Coulter.

She's utilizing this forum because she found that being excruciatingly unpleasant to one man at a time wasn't fulfilling enough.

1. How many of Ms.Coulter's books have you read?
None?
Not one?

2. Although you avoided the previous IQ test, sadly, you've failed this one: you see, the charm of her books is the way the Left fumes when they take her literally.

3. And, it is true that single women vote disproportionately for a governmental-daddy to take care of them.
True or not?

4. But....I notice the details escape you: where does it say that she....or conservatives...ask for said votes be taken away?
What??? It doesn't?
Then....what is your point?

5. This is far too nuanced for you, but if you read what follows the quote you provided, you'd find "And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women."

Did you get the hint that it was said for effect? "...a good way of making the point..."

So, let's review:

1. No one on the Right is asking that women no longer have the right to vote. It was, in fact, Republicans who provided the law that granted women's suffrage.

2. The less intelligent don't recognize the pointed satire in Ms. Coulter's work.

3. The sheer stupidity of the Left has been demonstrated in the voting booths during the last election. (see the OP)

4. You, in particular, represent the abject failure of the Leftist-controlled education system of America......it excels in turning out Pod People. You, case in point.

You're welcome.

Spoken like a real sore loser.

If you had an education, NoNoodles, you might have hesitated to post the above, considering the Democrat endorsement of the Dred Scott decision.

Wadda you saying....the Republicans should have allowed that to be the law of the land....or act like 'sore losers'....and pass the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments?

C'mon....speak up.

I would be willing to bet anything that my education equals yours if not surpassing it, and my life experiences would leave you far behind, tasting my dust. The fact that you are always trying to impress people that you are intelligent shows quite a lot of insecurity. You cannot even answer my question.

1. "I would be willing to bet anything that my education equals yours if not surpassing it,..."

Ooohhh......looks like I hit a nerve.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

a. Is it true that when you got caught cheating in school, you claimed you could do it under the Freedom of Information Act?

b. I've seen your posts, NoNoodles....a nicely written letter, and I bet you can get your tuition back. I'd help you write it.

2. "my life experiences would leave you far behind,"

If is a reference to age, NoNoodles....all you have shown is that age is not necessary precedent to wisdom.

So.....where should I send the prunes and Geritol?

3. "...you are always trying to impress people that you are intelligent..."

It's not that I like being the center of attention....but could you list ten or fifteen examples of that?

4. "You cannot even answer my question."

Speaking of answering questions....

"Wadda you saying....the Republicans should have allowed that to be the law of the land....or act like 'sore losers'....and pass the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments?"

5. But I'm hear to help: to cease being a Pod Person, next time you're in the voting booth....
....think of this:
WWRD what would Reagan do?

Forum List

Back