Explain Why You Oppose A Donald Trump Presidency

A majority of the issues.

His temperament.

The thought of watching him giving a State of the Union address.

Your television has no "off" control? LOL!! It's time we had a President who doesn't have to read a prepared speech from a teleprompter and can think on his feet.

"read a prepared speech" Are you kidding? He has so script. He has no speech. He is so egotistical and arrogant that he just gets up there and talks out of his ars. The man is a walking unfiltered clown. Most of the dedicated Republicans that I know would never vote for him. If he is nominated, he will embarrass the GOP in 2016. They will suffer their greatest loss in the generals ever and he will drag down every other GOP candidate in Congressional races. But....

DO PLEASE KEEP SUPPORTING HIM! WE ALL LOVE DONALD.......:thewave:
Most of the people I know republicans and democrat will not vote Trump.
Hispanic people I know and Hispanic people they know will never vote Trump.

Before we start, can I count on you responding in the same manner which I did? Because with most Trump supporters, they never identify the "how". I hope you'll prove to be different. I expect a detailed response.

Let's reflect upon the reason(s) you are opposed to a Donald Trump presidency: Is/are your reason(s) one or more of the following?

Mr. Trump has proposed securing our southern border.
This much I agree with. However, when he characterizes it as stopping illegal immigration, it's simply not true. What it will do that is valuable is restrict the payloads illegals can bring across the border. In this age, that alone makes building the wall worth it.

He has pledged to deport illegal aliens. ILLEGAL aliens!
I oppose this on two fronts.

Front 1: Its cost prohibitive. And no, the costs will NOT be offset by the supposed savings. In the first place, Illegals pay taxes in the form of sales taxes alone; let alone other taxes and fees they may encounter--just as you and I would. Secondly, the "savings" will quickly evaporate after we add in the costs of the wall, the maintenance on the wall, the costs of the new "jackbooted thugs", their training, incarceration costs, detainment costs, the costs of hearings, etc...So, lets say that you could locate every illegal alien and get rid of them? What happens to the infrastructure you sat up? You still have that cost.
Front 2: It will give everyone from hiring managers to leasing agents cause to discriminate. If there is a question about hiring some one who is illegal vs an equally qualified candidate who is anglo (the equal is Hispanic), there is little question (or blame) that they will opt to hire the Anglo when there is the matter of their business or themselves being fined.

He will strip anchor babies of their citizenship....
This violates a covenant we've always had in this nation. Most persons who are Americans are only able to justif y their status by being born here. If you or I or most people on this board had to take an immigration exam, there is a very good chance that we would flunk and not pass. I am grateful that the 14th Amendment paves the way.

He will have Japan and other nation provide funding necessary for their own military protection.
I will pass on this one for now. See the "tariff" response.
He will seize the oilfields in Iraq to recoup any costs in defending Iraq militarily.
We spent 10 years fighting in Iraq for zero reason. Unless his plans are to give us a 51st state with American settlers, American infrastructure, American style republican government , etc... it's an idiotic idea that will do nothing other than get a lot of men and women killed.
He will impose tariffs on products manufactured outside the United States.
Yeah. What he doesn't tell you is that the countries exporting items to the US own our debt. If they start selling their T-Bills, inflation will take off as the money supply dries up. You try that with Japan (and China) and you'll see runaway inflation, the price of cars skyrocket (Detroit will have to raise prices too by the way because a lot of those components are made over there). Even cars made here will skyrocket. It will hurt American consumers the most as all costs will be passed along to us.

He will reduce regulations that are unfriendly to small businesses.
Well, he will force small businesses to e-verify all of their employees. This will drive up the costs of doing business and the inevitable re-training costs. Not sure about his other ideas.

He will reduce the tax burden upon the American taxpayer.
How?

He will create incentives to keep companies from moving their operations abroad.
Such as?

He will build the strongest and most powerful military in the world.
We already have that several dozen times over. FDR Beat him to it.

He will take care of our veterans instead of taking care of illegal aliens.
So, he is proposing reducing taxes, building a stronger military, and increasing spending on veterans?

Any idea where the money will come from?

He will be the best friend Christians have ever had in a position of power.
I think Christians will probably argue JC is doing that right now.

He will stop the abortions and sales of dismembered murdered unborn and just born children by Planned Parenthood.
Infringing on a woman's choice? I oppose that.

He will not accept contributions from lobbyists or special interest groups.
I agree with that.

He will work as our President for $1.00 a year and will accept no pension when he leaves office.
Okay. The pittance we pay our Presidents and their pensions are little worry.

He will support law enforcement and restore law and order to our cities.
Can't disagree with that.

Now, again I ask you: Just what is it that you take exception to with Mr. Trump?

All detailed above.

The favor of a detailed response is expected. But I won't hold my breath.

First off I posted what Mr. Trump said he would do. I certainly realize that assuming a four year term, what he says he will do and what he might be able to actually get done are two entirely different things altogether. That said, if he is able to accomplish at least some of these things it will be far more than either the Democrat Party or Republican Party have been able or willing to do. There is a boatload of things that need to be addressed and he appears to be the only one with the gonads to even bring up the issues.

See, this is my point. The Trump supporters (and as you saw--if you bothered to read what I wrote--I support some of his ideas) love to point out what he has proposed is good for America. However, if he has no strategy on how to implement the changes he wishes or especially how to fund them; what makes him different from any other politician out there?

Absolutely Nothing.

What I was hoping for is that you, a Trump supporter, would tell us his strategy for implementation and paying for them; again, the "how".

That you can't in this post is very descriptive of his candidacy; a lot of hot air. That you personally attacked me in the other post is also very descriptive of his behavior; anyone who questions his statements gets personally attacked.

It is really sad because I think that America is ready for a guy who can invent a new mouse trap. As you have indicated; Trump ain't it. Or would you like to try to explain how the Donald would do any of his proposals so we can see how he will accomplish his goals of tax relief, expanding our military, going back into the Middle East, tripling the INS, building a wall, etc..?

Before we start, can I count on you responding in the same manner which I did? Because with most Trump supporters, they never identify the "how". I hope you'll prove to be different. I expect a detailed response.

Let's reflect upon the reason(s) you are opposed to a Donald Trump presidency: Is/are your reason(s) one or more of the following?

Mr. Trump has proposed securing our southern border.
This much I agree with. However, when he characterizes it as stopping illegal immigration, it's simply not true. What it will do that is valuable is restrict the payloads illegals can bring across the border. In this age, that alone makes building the wall worth it.

He has pledged to deport illegal aliens. ILLEGAL aliens!
I oppose this on two fronts.

Front 1: Its cost prohibitive. And no, the costs will NOT be offset by the supposed savings. In the first place, Illegals pay taxes in the form of sales taxes alone; let alone other taxes and fees they may encounter--just as you and I would. Secondly, the "savings" will quickly evaporate after we add in the costs of the wall, the maintenance on the wall, the costs of the new "jackbooted thugs", their training, incarceration costs, detainment costs, the costs of hearings, etc...So, lets say that you could locate every illegal alien and get rid of them? What happens to the infrastructure you sat up? You still have that cost.
Front 2: It will give everyone from hiring managers to leasing agents cause to discriminate. If there is a question about hiring some one who is illegal vs an equally qualified candidate who is anglo (the equal is Hispanic), there is little question (or blame) that they will opt to hire the Anglo when there is the matter of their business or themselves being fined.

He will strip anchor babies of their citizenship....
This violates a covenant we've always had in this nation. Most persons who are Americans are only able to justif y their status by being born here. If you or I or most people on this board had to take an immigration exam, there is a very good chance that we would flunk and not pass. I am grateful that the 14th Amendment paves the way.

He will have Japan and other nation provide funding necessary for their own military protection.
I will pass on this one for now. See the "tariff" response.
He will seize the oilfields in Iraq to recoup any costs in defending Iraq militarily.
We spent 10 years fighting in Iraq for zero reason. Unless his plans are to give us a 51st state with American settlers, American infrastructure, American style republican government , etc... it's an idiotic idea that will do nothing other than get a lot of men and women killed.
He will impose tariffs on products manufactured outside the United States.
Yeah. What he doesn't tell you is that the countries exporting items to the US own our debt. If they start selling their T-Bills, inflation will take off as the money supply dries up. You try that with Japan (and China) and you'll see runaway inflation, the price of cars skyrocket (Detroit will have to raise prices too by the way because a lot of those components are made over there). Even cars made here will skyrocket. It will hurt American consumers the most as all costs will be passed along to us.

He will reduce regulations that are unfriendly to small businesses.
Well, he will force small businesses to e-verify all of their employees. This will drive up the costs of doing business and the inevitable re-training costs. Not sure about his other ideas.

He will reduce the tax burden upon the American taxpayer.
How?

He will create incentives to keep companies from moving their operations abroad.
Such as?

He will build the strongest and most powerful military in the world.
We already have that several dozen times over. FDR Beat him to it.

He will take care of our veterans instead of taking care of illegal aliens.
So, he is proposing reducing taxes, building a stronger military, and increasing spending on veterans?

Any idea where the money will come from?

He will be the best friend Christians have ever had in a position of power.
I think Christians will probably argue JC is doing that right now.

He will stop the abortions and sales of dismembered murdered unborn and just born children by Planned Parenthood.
Infringing on a woman's choice? I oppose that.

He will not accept contributions from lobbyists or special interest groups.
I agree with that.

He will work as our President for $1.00 a year and will accept no pension when he leaves office.
Okay. The pittance we pay our Presidents and their pensions are little worry.

He will support law enforcement and restore law and order to our cities.
Can't disagree with that.

Now, again I ask you: Just what is it that you take exception to with Mr. Trump?

All detailed above.

The favor of a detailed response is expected. But I won't hold my breath.

What makes you think I have to even honor you with a response at all? Who do you imagine yourself to be to dictate anything at all to anyone. Were you brought up with your parents giving you everything you wished for your birthday. LOL!! Throw a tantrum or something.

My mistake, I thought you were a serious commentator.

The idea that anyone could support a man whose judgement leads him to support the birther movement is incredible

Well, I'd say this thread has born out the fact that the Democrat Party is comprised of gays, lesbians, blacks, illegal aliens, teenagers, and the non-productive members of society. Most of the aforementioned are ill-educated, immoral, and possess below normal intelligence.

You are the reason the GOP cannot win natiional elections. Racism and stupidity are killing the Repubs.

Business being business, then Trump has no political investible assets to bring to even one depleting four year term. He knows virtually no one outside of a few media personalities. He knows only two people in politics, and likely Hillary will be the President. He admits to bribery--which his penchant for buying influence would be.

Making a lot of donations is not about actual political engagement, day-to-day. Even buying the staff would not be actual political engagement, day-to-day. The concept of having to bribe his own staff is even more bogus than the concept of having the Drug Cartels building the border wall.

I myself have issues with the concept of a deity, especially with basis in the Moses Atrocity. "Put A Security Fence Around It," and have the other governments build it--no doubt with their own concepts of fully background-checked labor: Is clue one about the lack of investible political assets. A heart there may be, but even in search of a brain: Is not a viable investible asset.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Cartel engineers not lacking in skills, of escape plans, or tunnels!)

So you'd rather have someone who's own staff is taking the 5th. That figures.

So, do have a life or do you just hang out here?

I would venture you have very little by way of as meaningful life. You breath, therefore you exist. You, like all Liberals, are a very unhappy camper.

Trump makes all Dems happy. WHAT A GIFT....a foul mouth egomaniac who cannot win the General. PRICELESS!

Mostly, my issue with Trump and his supporters is that they simply doesn't understand how our government works.

All of the nonsense you've posted above is either meaningless rhetoric, or well outside the powers of the President of the US.
My issue is with all the Millennial morons in this thread who think this guy could ever be President.

I love this. Former Smashing Pumpkins front man Billy Corgan says he likes the way Trump is "fucking up the political class". I have to give kudos to Trump for that too.

He calls is "running chaos theory", which is a fabulous description.

Billy Corgan applauds Trump for 'f---ing' up the political class (My bolds)

"He’s forcing a lot of things out into the open, so they can’t control this, whatever that control is," Corgan continued. "It’s like the music business: Everybody gets controlled, and somebody comes along that f---s it all up.” The singer-songwriter, who is currently on tour with the latest iteration of his iconic alternative rock group, said that while he may not agree with the Republican real-estate mogul politically, he appreciates his role in the 2016 election cycle.

“I think it’s good that he’s f---ing it up, because whether or not he’s the guy, obviously the political class doesn’t want him there," Corgan said. "It’ll open it up to a bigger dialog."

:laugh:

Last edited:
Because he doesn't have the temperament to be President, and he doesn't take it seriously.

For example, on Meet the Press, Trump said he received his military advice from "watching TV shows." And you think this man should be put in charge of deciding to send Americans to die in wars?

We wouldn't put a politician with no business experience in charge of the most important corporation in America, so why would we put a businessman with no political experience in charge of the most important country on earth?

If you like Trump but want someone who doesn't come across as an amateurish spiteful buffoon, vote for Ted Cruz.

I don't oppose a Donald Trump Presidency but he has not earned my vote yet.

I need to know how he plans to do the things he says he will do. I hear a lot of promises, I also hear a lot of good things from him, but I don't hear the how.

Forum List

Back