Explain Why You Oppose A Donald Trump Presidency

I don't oppose a Donald Trump Presidency but he has not earned my vote yet.

I need to know how he plans to do the things he says he will do. I hear a lot of promises, I also hear a lot of good things from him, but I don't hear the how.

He has explained a few things. For example:

Placing a tariff on products manufactured in Mexico, Korea, Japan, China, and other countries that are imported into our country for resale. In Mexico's case, this would place a tariff on all those new cars and trucks entering and coming into Laredo, Texas every day. Such a tariff would pressure Ford Motor Company and others to moved their plants to the United States and do their manufacturing here to avoid the tariff. Such a tariff would also provide some amount of funding to secure the southern border. We have a huge trade deficit now and these tariffs would be a move to make the playing field more equitable.

We have an agreement to defend Japan militarily. Tariffs upon Japanese manufactured goods imported into this country would help offset the costs for maintaining a military presence in Japan. China is stealing and counterfeiting many American patents. We need to place tariffs upon all goods manufactured in China and imported into the United States.

Holy CRAP--you want a loud mouth--that can't answer a question?

Carly Fiorina hits home run---while Donald Trump--well--while Donald Trump--really can't answer questions. And when he can't answer questions, he goes BALLISTIC & attacks the journalist asking the question.--LOL

"DONALD J TRUMP revealed gaps in his mastery of international affairs during a radio interview on Thursday, appearing to mistake the Quds Force, an Iranian military group, for the Kurds, a Middle Eastern people, and growing testy over questions about foreign leaders.

“You’re asking me names that — I think it’s somewhat ridiculous,” Mr. Trump told Hugh Hewitt, a popular conservative radio show host. “As far as the individual players, of course I don’t know them. I’ve never met them. I haven’t been, you know, in a position to meet them.”

At one point, according to the interview’s transcript, Mr. Hewitt asked Mr. Trump if he was familiar with Gen. Qassim Suleimani, the shadowy commander of Iran’s paramilitary Quds Force.

“Yes, but go ahead, give me a little, go ahead, tell me,” Mr. Trump replied.

“He runs the Quds Forces,” Mr. Hewitt said.

“Yes, O.K., right,” Mr. Trump said.

But Mr. Trump seemed to think Mr. Hewitt was referring to the Kurds, a group with its own language and culture.

Mr. Trump asserted that “the Kurds, by the way, have been horribly mistreated.”

Mr. Hewitt interrupted. “No, not the Kurds, the Quds Forces, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Quds Forces.”

Mr. Trump tried to recover from the live, on-air tutorial. “Yes, yes,” he said.

He added, “Oh, I thought you said Kurds, Kurds.”

Mr. Trump, a real estate developer and brand manager who has never worked in government, has relatively little experience dealing with foreign governments. But he has boasted of his global reach and international experience as a businessman.

Mr. Hewitt said he was not interested in “gotcha” questions but wanted to be sure Mr. Trump had a baseline of knowledge about foreign leaders.

“On the front of Islamist terrorism, I’m looking for the next commander in chief to know who Hassan Nasrallah is, and Zawahri, and al-Julani, and al-Baghdadi. Do you know the players without a scorecard, yet, Donald Trump?” Mr. Hewitt asked.

Mr. Trump’s answer was strikingly dismissive. “No, you know, I’ll tell you honestly, I think by the time we get to office, they’ll all be changed. They’ll be all gone.”

Making matters worse, Mr. Hewitt asked similar questions on Thursday to CARLY FIORINA a fellow Republican presidential candidate who, like Mr. Trump, has never served in elected office.

But Mrs. Fiorina sounded confident, patient and informed as she discussed the Quds Force, among other subjects.

Asked if she knew the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah, she explained that “Hamas is focused in Palestinian territories. Hezbollah focuses in Beirut and other places, but the truth is, both of them are proxies of Iran. Both of them threaten Israel.”

Mr. Hewitt signaled his approval. “That’s exactly right,” he said.

On Friday morning, Mr. Trump went on the attack, calling Mr. Hewitt a “third-rate radio announcer” during an interview on MSNBC.

Mr. Hewitt, who will help moderate the next Republican presidential debate on Sept. 16, said the insult would not influence his approach to that event.

“His critique won’t change my debate questions or prep,” Hewitt told The Huffington Post.

On the topic of international leaders, Mr. Trump concluded his interview with a touch of his trademark bravado, promising to become an authority on their names as president.

“If they’re still there, which is unlikely in many cases, but if they’re still there, I will know them better than I know you.”
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/09/03/donald-trump-
stumbles-and-bristles-during-foreign-policy-question/

If you want a candidate that is not part of the POLITICAL CLASS OF Washington D.C. that can actually WIN the White House go with Carly Fiorina. She's the smartest out of the entire bunch, she's the most articulate, she can answer any question with ease, she handles the left wing media like play dough in her hands, and she's got CLASS. Something that Donald Trump doesn't have.

Carly Fiorina wins Conservatives--Independents--Cross over Democrats--SHE WINS IT ALL!

Click a button--Watch this CBS interview:
Election 2016: Carly Fiorina: "No excuse" for Hillary Clinton's private email server

TRUMP SUCKS!

carly-fiorina.jpg

Trump said on Meet the Press that he got his military advice from "watching TV shows."

Todd asked, “Who do you talk to for military advice right now?”

Trump answered, “Well, I watch the shows. I mean, I really see a lot of great — you know, when you watch your show, and all of the other shows, and you have the generals, and you have certain people –.”​

Trump: I Get My Military Advice from Watching Shows - Breitbart

So, there you go.

[Indeed? If government was run more like a business, everyone would be better off.

So do you think the heads of government agencies should be paid $10 million like they do in business?

You're grasping at the ridiculous now. That's juvenile straw man argument and nonsensical at best.

Why? You said that government should be run like a business. Do you not understand what that means? Running a business means paying people market value. And the heads of big corporations make $10 million and up.

It sounds like you don't know what it means to "run a business."

I guess that's not surprising, since Trump can say pretty much anything and his supporters will rationalize it all away.

I would say somewhere around 50+ percent of the Republican would vote for him.

Trump will lose every single state if only 50%+ of Republican vote for him.

If. If. If. If. He's leading even Hillary in the polls. Open your eyes and ears.

So, not only do you not understand what it means to run a business, you also have no idea about voting patterns.

80% of Republicans generally support the Republican candidate, not 50%. And that's true even when Republicans lose elections. Trump will be polling at ~80% in that poll you linked. So if Trump only gets 50%-60% of Republican voters in the election, he is going to get absolutely hammered.

But I'm betting you didn't know that.

Holy CRAP--you want a loud mouth--that can't answer a question?

Carly Fiorina hits home run---while Donald Trump--well--while Donald Trump--really can't answer questions. And when he can't answer questions, he goes BALLISTIC & attacks the journalist asking the question.--LOL

"DONALD J TRUMP revealed gaps in his mastery of international affairs during a radio interview on Thursday, appearing to mistake the Quds Force, an Iranian military group, for the Kurds, a Middle Eastern people, and growing testy over questions about foreign leaders.

“You’re asking me names that — I think it’s somewhat ridiculous,” Mr. Trump told Hugh Hewitt, a popular conservative radio show host. “As far as the individual players, of course I don’t know them. I’ve never met them. I haven’t been, you know, in a position to meet them.”

At one point, according to the interview’s transcript, Mr. Hewitt asked Mr. Trump if he was familiar with Gen. Qassim Suleimani, the shadowy commander of Iran’s paramilitary Quds Force.

“Yes, but go ahead, give me a little, go ahead, tell me,” Mr. Trump replied.

“He runs the Quds Forces,” Mr. Hewitt said.

“Yes, O.K., right,” Mr. Trump said.

But Mr. Trump seemed to think Mr. Hewitt was referring to the Kurds, a group with its own language and culture.

Mr. Trump asserted that “the Kurds, by the way, have been horribly mistreated.”

Mr. Hewitt interrupted. “No, not the Kurds, the Quds Forces, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Quds Forces.”

Mr. Trump tried to recover from the live, on-air tutorial. “Yes, yes,” he said.

He added, “Oh, I thought you said Kurds, Kurds.”

Mr. Trump, a real estate developer and brand manager who has never worked in government, has relatively little experience dealing with foreign governments. But he has boasted of his global reach and international experience as a businessman.

Mr. Hewitt said he was not interested in “gotcha” questions but wanted to be sure Mr. Trump had a baseline of knowledge about foreign leaders.

“On the front of Islamist terrorism, I’m looking for the next commander in chief to know who Hassan Nasrallah is, and Zawahri, and al-Julani, and al-Baghdadi. Do you know the players without a scorecard, yet, Donald Trump?” Mr. Hewitt asked.

Mr. Trump’s answer was strikingly dismissive. “No, you know, I’ll tell you honestly, I think by the time we get to office, they’ll all be changed. They’ll be all gone.”

Making matters worse, Mr. Hewitt asked similar questions on Thursday to CARLY FIORINA a fellow Republican presidential candidate who, like Mr. Trump, has never served in elected office.

But Mrs. Fiorina sounded confident, patient and informed as she discussed the Quds Force, among other subjects.

Asked if she knew the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah, she explained that “Hamas is focused in Palestinian territories. Hezbollah focuses in Beirut and other places, but the truth is, both of them are proxies of Iran. Both of them threaten Israel.”

Mr. Hewitt signaled his approval. “That’s exactly right,” he said.

On Friday morning, Mr. Trump went on the attack, calling Mr. Hewitt a “third-rate radio announcer” during an interview on MSNBC.

Mr. Hewitt, who will help moderate the next Republican presidential debate on Sept. 16, said the insult would not influence his approach to that event.

“His critique won’t change my debate questions or prep,” Hewitt told The Huffington Post.

On the topic of international leaders, Mr. Trump concluded his interview with a touch of his trademark bravado, promising to become an authority on their names as president.

“If they’re still there, which is unlikely in many cases, but if they’re still there, I will know them better than I know you.”
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/09/03/donald-trump-
stumbles-and-bristles-during-foreign-policy-question/

If you want a candidate that is not part of the POLITICAL CLASS OF Washington D.C. that can actually WIN the White House go with Carly Fiorina. She's the smartest out of the entire bunch, she's the most articulate, she can answer any question with ease, she handles the left wing media like play dough in her hands, and she's got CLASS. Something that Donald Trump doesn't have.

Carly Fiorina wins Conservatives--Independents--Cross over Democrats--SHE WINS IT ALL!

Click a button--Watch this CBS interview:
Election 2016: Carly Fiorina: "No excuse" for Hillary Clinton's private email server

TRUMP SUCKS!

carly-fiorina.jpg

Trump said on Meet the Press that he got his military advice from "watching TV shows."

Todd asked, “Who do you talk to for military advice right now?”

Trump answered, “Well, I watch the shows. I mean, I really see a lot of great — you know, when you watch your show, and all of the other shows, and you have the generals, and you have certain people –.”​

Trump: I Get My Military Advice from Watching Shows - Breitbart

So, there you go.

It is rather fitting. Trump is a Real TV Show Poisonality, of course his information source is TV. But what is he going to do without Colbert and Stewart?

Mostly, my issue with Trump and his supporters is that they simply doesn't understand how our government works.

All of the nonsense you've posted above is either meaningless rhetoric, or well outside the powers of the President of the US.

I think he does understand how it works - or doesn't work, rather.

I need to know how he plans to do the things he says he will do. I hear a lot of promises, I also hear a lot of good things from him, but I don't hear the how.

Placing a tariff on products manufactured in Mexico, Korea, Japan, China, and other countries that are imported into our country for resale. In Mexico's case, this would place a tariff on all those new cars and trucks entering and coming into Laredo, Texas every day. Such a tariff would pressure Ford Motor Company and others to moved their plants to the United States and do their manufacturing here to avoid the tariff. Such a tariff would also provide some amount of funding to secure the southern border. We have a huge trade deficit now and these tariffs would be a move to make the playing field more equitable.

We have an agreement to defend Japan militarily. Tariffs upon Japanese manufactured goods imported into this country would help offset the costs for maintaining a military presence in Japan. China is stealing and counterfeiting many American patents. We need to place tariffs upon all goods manufactured in China and imported into the United States.

So you think it's a good idea for Americans to pay higher prices for cars and trucks?

[Indeed? If government was run more like a business, everyone would be better off.

So do you think the heads of government agencies should be paid $10 million like they do in business?

You're grasping at the ridiculous now. That's juvenile straw man argument and nonsensical at best.

Why? You said that government should be run like a business. Do you not understand what that means? Running a business means paying people market value. And the heads of big corporations make $10 million and up.

It sounds like you don't know what it means to "run a business."

I guess that's not surprising, since Trump can say pretty much anything and his supporters will rationalize it all away.

Just for the record, I happen to own an electrical engineering firm. What business experience do you have?

People will run for President for the power and prestige it holds. Government agencies already pay their top management officials more than their counterparts in the private sector earn. There are a few corporations that pay their CEO's a lot of money and these are the ones that receive the publicity. Do you know what a manager of a Cracker Barrel or a Lowes, or a Red Lobster makes? Not that much really. Do you have any inkling as to how much in just retirement benefits Lois Lerner is receiving and she took the 5th.

Americans pay tariffs on foreign goods, not foreigners. I understand using them as a threat to gain leverage, but don't agree on using them as standard policy. Placing tariffs on the goods of American companies who manufacture their products overseas is something I can accept, but only because these companies are spitting on American workers.

I would say somewhere around 50+ percent of the Republican would vote for him.

Trump will lose every single state if only 50%+ of Republican vote for him.

If. If. If. If. He's leading even Hillary in the polls. Open your eyes and ears.

So, not only do you not understand what it means to run a business, you also have no idea about voting patterns.

80% of Republicans generally support the Republican candidate, not 50%. And that's true even when Republicans lose elections. Trump will be polling at ~80% in that poll you linked. So if Trump only gets 50%-60% of Republican voters in the election, he is going to get absolutely hammered.

But I'm betting you didn't know that.

It ain't over yet. He may fall to 10% yet. It is a long time before this all comes to a head. Look how Clinton is falling. Like a rock. Trump has been predicted by almost everyone to already have destroyed himself but he has beaten all predictions.

Let's reflect upon the reason(s) you are opposed to a Donald Trump presidency: Is/are your reason(s) one or more of the following?

Mr. Trump has proposed securing our southern border.
He has pledged to deport illegal aliens. ILLEGAL aliens!
He will strip anchor babies of their citizenship....
He will have Japan and other nation provide funding necessary for their own military protection.
He will seize the oilfields in Iraq to recoup any costs in defending Iraq militarily.
He will impose tariffs on products manufactured outside the United States.
He will reduce regulations that are unfriendly to small businesses.
He will reduce the tax burden upon the American taxpayer.
He will create incentives to keep companies from moving their operations abroad.
He will build the strongest and most powerful military in the world.
He will take care of our veterans instead of taking care of illegal aliens.
He will be the best friend Christians have ever had in a position of power.
He will stop the abortions and sales of dismembered murdered unborn and just born children by Planned Parenthood.
He will not accept contributions from lobbyists or special interest groups.
He will work as our President for $1.00 a year and will accept no pension when he leaves office.
He will support law enforcement and restore law and order to our cities.

Now, again I ask you: Just what is it that you take exception to with Mr. Trump?

I am sure 'The Donald' keeps his promises.

Just ask his ex-wives....

Americans pay tariffs on foreign goods, not foreigners. I understand using them as a threat to gain leverage, but don't agree on using them as standard policy. Placing tariffs on the goods of American companies who manufacture their products overseas is something I can accept, but only because these companies are spitting on American workers.

That's his position along with reducing the Corporate taxes on American businesses here in the United States and rolling back some of these government regulations that are killing small business startups and expansion.

So you think it's a good idea for Americans to pay higher prices for cars and trucks?

Let's have them made here. Let's buy American made.

That's his position along with reducing the Corporate taxes on American businesses here in the United States and rolling back some of these government regulations that are killing small business startups and expansion.

I believe he said he would threaten to impose tariffs on these countries as a negotiating tactic, not do it as a matter of course.

Rolling back government regulations is always a great idea.

Just for the record, I happen to own an electrical engineering firm. What business experience do you have?

I've run my own business, and I now run and investment division with $10 billion in assets.

People will run for President for the power and prestige it holds. Government agencies already pay their top management officials more than their counterparts in the private sector earn. There are a few corporations that pay their CEO's a lot of money and these are the ones that receive the publicity. Do you know what a manager of a Cracker Barrel or a Lowes, or a Red Lobster makes? Not that much really. Do you have any inkling as to how much in just retirement benefits Lois Lerner is receiving and she took the 5th.

First, we aren't talking about running a restaurant. I used to sell beer for a living, and I have TOTAL respect for people who run restaurants. They work very hard. But running a 30 person operation and running an agency or a department with 50,000 or 100,000 people is not the same, particularly ones as important as the Treasury or the Pentagon.

I've also worked for government, and your idea that heads of government agencies making more than their private counterparts is total horseshit. I've been there and have recruited professionals, and people take a BIG pay cut to come work in government, particularly for executive positions and professionals. That's not true for lower level employees such as secretaries or janitors who generally get paid more than their private sector counterparts, but it is certainly true for lawyers, accountants, IT professionals and engineers.

What do executives make in hotels and casinos, Trump's industry? CEOs make $7.7 million on average.

The Trump Organization LLC: CEO and Executives - Businessweek

Why shouldn't the guy running the Pentagon be making more than that, particularly if you think we should run government like a business. Surely, sending our troops off to war is far more important than making sure old ladies are sitting in front of their one-armed bandits feeding slot machines.

It's easy to mouth empty platitudes about running government like a business, then complaining about what people make in government.

Last edited:

Tariffs are taxes.

Trump believes in raising taxes on Americans.

How does he plan to pay for increased military spending?
How does he plan to make Mexico pay for the wall?

Tariffs only increase prices for American consumers. That isn't an answer that I can support.

Forum List

Back