Explain how a Trump could ever win the WH

Seriously folks.....How could a Trump ever win the WH with a current 60-62 % unfavorable ratings?

Bear in mind that blacks don't like him and have actually given Clinton a huge advantage over Sanders....
Also, Latino/Hispanics actually hate Trump with a passion.
Finally, the progressives, LGBT community, and advocates for raising the minimum wage would never vote for Trump.

So, the question is simple (even if you disregard the current polls that have Sanders beating Trump by 16 points and Clinton beating Trump by 13 points) ........What makes ANYONE "think" that Trump has a snowball chance in Hell???
Trump will not win. He didn't get independent and moderates to vote for him he got Republican voters who normally don't vote in primaries to vote in the primaries. Bfd. Any Republican nominee would get those votes in November. Trumps got 70% negative with women and Hispanics.

Trumps will get high voter turnout. Some for and some against. This high voter turnout is not good for the GOP. Never is

I am a registered independent. (unaffiliated). And Trump is the only person I saw which I would vote.
I've always known you as a righty so not surprised

Is there anyone not to the right of you? :)

Here's why Trump can't win in the general-

1) The Electoral College Math sucks for him. - The Democrat starts at 242 Electoral votes with the states they've won six times in a row. Another 15 are in states they've won 5 out of 6 times. Hillary just has to win Florida, Ohio, or Virginia to put her over the top.

2) The Republican Establishment isn't going to work very hard for him. What kept Cruz alive as long as he did was the Establishment got out the vote for him as long as they could. They aren't going to make that effort for Trump.

3) Hispanics. Mitt Romney got 59% of the white vote in 2012. But he only got 29% of the Hispanic vote. Trump will do worse for two reasons. 1) His anti-Mexican rhetoric and 2) the fact he indirectly attacked the Cuban-American community by being so vicious to Cruz and Rubio. he won't get more than 15% of the Hispanic vote. Which means he would need to get 75% of the White vote, something Ronald Reagan couldn't even achieve.

4) Women- Trump may not really be a racist, (He only plays one on TV) but he is definitely a misogynist. His rants against Rosie O'Donnell and Megan Kelly indicate he has very little impulse control in this area. And now he's going to be running against an assertive woman on a historic ticket. I just can't see him containing himself.

Well stated......and let me just add that we can safely doubt that the LGBT community and union workers will rally much around Trump

[here's one who can't explain how he could do it.
Big surprise.

How is simple enough; Trump wins more electoral votes. The current negatives are meaningless this far out from the election.

Besides Hillary's negs are about as bad as Trumps and the campaign for the general election has barely even started.

Let's talk about how Trump can win again in October, dude.

Well stated......and let me just add that we can safely doubt that the LGBT community and union workers will rally much around Trump
Ridiculous. A huge slice of Union workers are going to go to Trump because Hillary is pro-'Free Trade' while Trump is not.

Dont be an idiot.

anyone who is looking at what states democrats have won in the past as a means to determine that Trump cant win is totally clueless as to what the Trump allure is all about. Furthermore, anyone who is calculating how it is impossible for Trump to win before the first debate, the first press conference, the first ad, etc. is one who is scared to death of a Trump presidency and is hoping beyond all hope that he loses.

I've posted the bills passed by Congress several times. The list is so long my computer runs out of memory. You could pop your head out of your ass and spend a few seconds on it if you really cared. But all you want to do is smear feces. It's all you can do.

Well, FrozenOne.......tells us how right wingers in congress who campaigned on repealing Obama Care and "jobs, jobs, jobs" mantras did with their passed "bills"..........Go take a nap............:finger3:
When did I agree to educate you? Pop your head out of your nasty ass, you're a loser on a forum, not my master.

You could have spent all of one second to find:
GOP: 'House Kicks Off New Congress' With Jobs Bills

But you don't give a fuck and are too stupid to know how to cover it up.

Here's why Trump can't win in the general-

1) The Electoral College Math sucks for him. - The Democrat starts at 242 Electoral votes with the states they've won six times in a row. Another 15 are in states they've won 5 out of 6 times. Hillary just has to win Florida, Ohio, or Virginia to put her over the top.

2) The Republican Establishment isn't going to work very hard for him. What kept Cruz alive as long as he did was the Establishment got out the vote for him as long as they could. They aren't going to make that effort for Trump.

3) Hispanics. Mitt Romney got 59% of the white vote in 2012. But he only got 29% of the Hispanic vote. Trump will do worse for two reasons. 1) His anti-Mexican rhetoric and 2) the fact he indirectly attacked the Cuban-American community by being so vicious to Cruz and Rubio. he won't get more than 15% of the Hispanic vote. Which means he would need to get 75% of the White vote, something Ronald Reagan couldn't even achieve.

4) Women- Trump may not really be a racist, (He only plays one on TV) but he is definitely a misogynist. His rants against Rosie O'Donnell and Megan Kelly indicate he has very little impulse control in this area. And now he's going to be running against an assertive woman on a historic ticket. I just can't see him containing himself.

Union people like having jobs so I don't believe that shit. The queers can go fuck themselves.

More of the same is not going to work for Mrs. Tuzla Clinton. For one thing she isn't black and the woman thing is just down right sexist.

Last edited:
Trump's In laws are out laws ? all these issues will certainly be explored during the campaign..

jared-kushner-5.jpg

(Getty)

Like his wife, Jared Kushner is the son of a New York real estate mogul, Charles Kushner. He is also involved in his family’s real estate company, Kushner Properties. He has been the CEO of the company since 2008.

Jared Kushner was born in New Jersey, and graduated from the Frisch School, a yeshiva high school in Paramus, before attending Harvard University and New York University School of LAw.

His father served two years in prison after he pleaded guilty in 2005 to federal tax evasion, witness tampering and illegal campaign donation charges. He was prosecuted by now-New Jersey Governor and former presidential candidate Chris Christie.

Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s Husband: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

anyone who is looking at what states democrats have won in the past as a means to determine that Trump cant win is totally clueless as to what the Trump allure is all about. Furthermore, anyone who is calculating how it is impossible for Trump to win before the first debate, the first press conference, the first ad, etc. is one who is scared to death of a Trump presidency and is hoping beyond all hope that he loses.

Yeah, Trump is drawing big time from independents and working class Democrats. The mining industry is going to give him huge votes in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. His stance on manufacturing jobs will give him further boosts in those states and also N Carolina, Michigan and New York.

I think Trump will bring back into play all these purplish states and more.

TrumpTsunami-Hillary-Bill-C.jpg

Actually, clowns are scary.....There is no doubt that Trump DOES appeal to a segment of the disenfranchised republicans and tea sippers and THAT is how he managed to rise to the candidacy for the GOP.......

However, the questions posed regard the HOW this demagogue can win a national elections when he has managed to piss off, progressives, women, minorities, etc.

You folks can hope that he will somehow "change" his moronic rhetoric but such will only make him yet another flip-flop-per and it just won't work......Scared of Trump? .......Hardly......He will accomplish what the DNC has not been able to do for decades.

When did I agree to educate you? Pop your head out of your nasty ass, you're a loser on a forum, not my master.

You could have spent all of one second to find:
GOP: 'House Kicks Off New Congress' With Jobs Bills

But you don't give a fuck and are too stupid to know how to cover it up.

Anyone who cites the Weekly Standards forfeits any credibility.......
Jobs through the Keystone Pipeline???? Really?

Because of some of his positions on some social issuses and trade Trump could pull in indpendents and moderate blue collar Democrats and swing some states that normally go Democrat if he can do this and get a high enough percent of Republicans to vote for him he could pull it off. I don't think this is likely to happen but as I said on another thread one reason Trump has gotten as far as he has is because people have continually underestimated him continuning to do so could come back to bite the left.
Turnout in the New York Primary would imply that New York isn't in play at all. If he can't put New York in play, I'm doubtful about his pull in other Blue States.

Seriously folks.....How could a Trump ever win the WH with a current 60-62 % unfavorable ratings?

Bear in mind that blacks don't like him and have actually given Clinton a huge advantage over Sanders....
Also, Latino/Hispanics actually hate Trump with a passion.
Finally, the progressives, LGBT community, and advocates for raising the minimum wage would never vote for Trump.

So, the question is simple (even if you disregard the current polls that have Sanders beating Trump by 16 points and Clinton beating Trump by 13 points) ........What makes ANYONE "think" that Trump has a snowball chance in Hell???
Trump will not win. He didn't get independent and moderates to vote for him he got Republican voters who normally don't vote in primaries to vote in the primaries. Bfd. Any Republican nominee would get those votes in November. Trumps got 70% negative with women and Hispanics.

Trumps will get high voter turnout. Some for and some against. This high voter turnout is not good for the GOP. Never is

I am a registered independent. (unaffiliated). And Trump is the only person I saw which I would vote.
I've always known you as a righty so not surprised

Is there anyone not to the right of you? :)
You'd be surprised. Sometimes I'm the only lefty who will agree with righties on USMB. Just because I'm FIRM that you guys are usually wrong, doesn't mean I won't admit it when you are right.

Trump Tards don't have time for those pesky facts.

It sort of goes both ways for the Clinton tards also...damn pesky facts, eh? That and Trump isn't facing a possible indictment, I mean really

Poll: Trump, Clinton score historic unfavorable ratings - CNNPolitics.com

Neither is Clinton. The indictment is all in your imagination

Missed the "possible" eh? You're always sniffin and always getting smacked down

No, I didn't miss anything. There is no possibility.

Because of some of his positions on some social issuses and trade Trump could pull in indpendents and moderate blue collar Democrats and swing some states that normally go Democrat if he can do this and get a high enough percent of Republicans to vote for him he could pull it off. I don't think this is likely to happen but as I said on another thread one reason Trump has gotten as far as he has is because people have continually underestimated him continuning to do so could come back to bite the left.
Turnout in the New York Primary would imply that New York isn't in play at all. If he can't put New York in play, I'm doubtful about his pull in other Blue States.

New York is one of the most Democratic states in the country, so Trump's inability to put New York in play isn't necessarily a reflection of his ability to put marginally Democratic states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, or Minnesota in play. I don't think any of that will happen anyway, but you can't come to that conclusion based on New York.

New York is one of the most Democratic states in the country, so Trump's inability to put New York in play isn't necessarily a reflection of his ability to put marginally Democratic states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, or Minnesota in play. I don't think any of that will happen anyway, but you can't come to that conclusion based on New York.

The last time that New York voted for a republican president was 32 years ago.

It's Hitlery's to lose. That can't be denied. But i wouldn't count Trump out completely. He's a bulldog. He never quits.

Forum List

Back