Exactly like we said... UPS passing on the wage/benefits increases to all of us.

/——/ Only when I ran my own business.

yet some how these people are supposed to just take one for the team and not get paid more to help out the country.

You people are a joke, we all do everything we can to get paid as much as possible.

Well, duh! A business passing on expenses to the consumer. What’s next, businesses in business only to make money?

Inexcusable!

It's not that they don't believe it, they just don't want to acknowledge it.
It is like the insane $18/hr. burger flippers. They virtue signaled over that for 2 years.
Then they got it.
Then those restaurants/retailers installed automated systems and all those people lost their jobs.
THIS is how Democrats destroy economies. They base policies on fairyland idealism while ignoring the catastrophe that happens after they do it.
No, they did not lose their jobs. They hired even more burger flippers.

So do you want wages to be lower? What's the fix then?
/——/ the fix is for libtards to stop demanding an increase in corporate taxes because they are passed on to the consumer in the form of higher prices. It’s really a tax on the poor who can least afford it.

It's not that they don't believe it, they just don't want to acknowledge it.
It is like the insane $18/hr. burger flippers. They virtue signaled over that for 2 years.
Then they got it.
Then those restaurants/retailers installed automated systems and all those people lost their jobs.
THIS is how Democrats destroy economies. They base policies on fairyland idealism while ignoring the catastrophe that happens after they do it.
^ 100% delusional/triggered.

Impressive even for a conservative.

But yeah - prices go up over time.

Coffee's not a nickel anymore.

No link, because I received this today as a worldship member of UPS.

Here is the email I received today -

This summer, UPS and the U.S. Teamsters reached a new five-year labor agreement that rewards our hardworking people and sets us up to better serve you. We want to thank you for continuing to trust us with your shipping needs.

At UPS, we are committed to investing in the best team in the industry, innovative technology, and an unmatched global network. This is all to ensure that you can serve your customers with needed speed and reliability. To help you plan ahead, here is a summary of our rate changes for 2024.

• Effective December 3, 2023, UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico will increase an average net 6.3%.
  • Effective December 26, 2023, the rates for UPS® Ground, UPS® Air and International will increase an average net 5.9%.
The teamsters union choosing to strike with a record wage increase asking, and better benefits - at a time of national RECORD inflation for over 50 years is 100% going to increase inflationary pressures on virtually every American consumer.

And here it is.
6% increase is HUGE. Every single item you buy online - prices will increase on those items due to this increase as those companies pass that cost on. Even buying local, especially smaller businesses, they receive their goods overwhelmingly via UPS.
They will be forced to raise their prices more.

Thank you Teamsters Union for contributing to a national problem.
Why dont you want the people who serve you to get a decent wage ? Why do you hate capitalism ? Stop fucking whining.

/——/ the fix is for libtards to stop demanding an increase in corporate taxes because they are passed on to the consumer in the form of higher prices. It’s really a tax on the poor who can least afford it.
OK I can live with that. But then let's increase wages nicely as well.

OK I can live with that. But then let's increase wages nicely as well.
/——/ That does the same thing. If you want higher wages then get the necessary training and skills to get a better paying job. Flipping burgers is fine for teens but not for grown ups supporting themselves.

/---/ To all of you libtards who refused to acknowledge how corporations pass overhead like wages and taxes on to the consumers in the form of higher prices.
For all you corporate cocktail suckers who choose to be mad at the workers for negotiating for better wages, fuck you. You only ever seem to cry when capitalism works as its supposed to for the benefit of laborers. When the people in power choose to charge you more rather than earn a little less off their investment what is it in you that makes you want to cry for them like a servile little bitch?

I don't care about burger flipping wages. We're talking about UPS. Want them to deliver stuff then pay them.

For all you corporate cocktail suckers who choose to be mad at the workers for negotiating for better wages, fuck you. You only ever seem to cry when capitalism works as it’s supposed to for the benefit of laborers. When the people in power choose to charge you more rather than earn a little less off their investment what is it in you that makes you want to cry for them like a servile little bitch?
/——/ No one is against higher wages, but it comes with higher costs of living. Get better skills so you can earn more money.
My first job was minimum wage. The last 25 years of my career was commission sales with a 6 figure income. I earn as much in retirement trading stock options, none of which is inflationary.

/——/ No one is against higher wages, but it comes with higher costs of living. Get better skills so you can earn more money.
My first job was minimum wage. The last 25 years of my career was commission sales with a 6 figure income. I earn as much in retirement trading stock options, none of which is inflationary.
So the workers are being overpaid? Is that the whine?

Who gives a shit what you settled for you cuck? Your labor is worth whatever you can get for it. Capitalism is all about negotiation. No one was just going to give those workers better wages just because. They had to use collective bargaining power to bend management to their will. And so they did. Why be a salty little bitch about it? You can use your power as a customer to shop somewhere else and vote with your wallet as they say, if you want management to eat those costs rather than passing them off to you. Don't just sit there jealous because you're Bottom Bitch.

Forum List

Back