Exactly like we said... UPS passing on the wage/benefits increases to all of us.

I don't recall posting anything about 'disasters' nor do any of the links I posted. Maybe you should be responding to somebody else?
There is a reason why so many Republicans lost these last few election cycles -- and it aint because the economy is a disaster and inflation is causing everyone to stand in bread lines.....

And if you think campaigning on lower wages so billionaire CEO's can horde more wealth is a winning ticket -- go for it

There is a reason why so many Republicans lost these last few election cycles -- and it aint because the economy is a disaster and inflation is causing everyone to stand in bread lines.....

And if you think campaigning on lower wages so billionaire CEO's can horde more wealth is a winning ticket -- go for it
At least most Republicans know how to debate and don't have to change the subject when they don't have a defense for their arguments.

I honestly can't argue with that. UPS not only is a faster, more reliable delivery service but it keeps you closely updated on where your stuff is. The USPS also does that these days but tends to be slower than UPS. At least in our personal experience here.

But delivery can be expensive.

Hombre (my hubby) had a hip replacement not all that long ago and our son stayed with us to help out in the early going. When he left I found he left his really light travel kit containing his blood pressure meds. The kit weighed maybe a pound if that. But overnighting it to his place five hours driving time from ours was $76!!! That is painful.
FedEx Ground is terrible.
Like I said earlier, the only companies that use FedEx Ground are ones that do it because it is cheaper, and they really don't care when their customer gets their product.
We send out dozens of boxes every single day, and receive boxes every single day.
A problem occurs maybe once every 7-8 years.
Quick math - we probably average sending out 7 - 8000 packages a year. And we have a serious problem, like I say.. I am guessing every 7-8 years. I don't even remember the last time.
I hate...hate...hate when someone sends us a package from FedEx. HATE IT!!!
You never know what time it will come, it could be 10am - 5pm. And at least a 20% chance it won't come that day at all.

Consequently... FedEx Freight is a pretty decent service. Easy to work with, and one of the FEW that allows you to communicate directly with the driver should there be a problem.

We have to be Pax Americana again for higher wages and you don't want that. Trump wanted it. He was trying to return manufacturing here which would take some time. As it took time to lose it. We would have to pay more for many products also.

So the workers should have not asked for a raise? Explain why. Let me get a bag because I might puke from laughing.

Yep, these people think those workers should have just agreed to keep working for less money for the good of the country.

Not that anyone on this thread would ever do that, but these 300,000 people were supposed to

Now look here! I raised this very point, to wit: that unions push crap that increases the price of goods and services to consumers. However, I was promptly set straight by a leftist member here telling me that this was just not the case!

We don't -- that is why we get happy when more and more people earn a decent wage.....

You get happy when corporations have a chance to fuck over their workforce -- because you worship the corporate elite
Yes we should work harder for no increase....said no patriotic american ever. You've lost this one big ti.e.

You also missed the point .

Fort Fun Indiana does not believe higher wages = higher prices
It's not that they don't believe it, they just don't want to acknowledge it.
It is like the insane $18/hr. burger flippers. They virtue signaled over that for 2 years.
Then they got it.
Then those restaurants/retailers installed automated systems and all those people lost their jobs.
THIS is how Democrats destroy economies. They base policies on fairyland idealism while ignoring the catastrophe that happens after they do it.

Forum List

Back