Evolutionary Theory

Fort Fun Indiana

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
I suspect you are a creationist, but I know you reject evolution theory. There, now we are clear.

I suspect you are a creationist, but I know you reject evolution theory. There, now we are clear.

You claim I reject it because I know way more than you do about it. I see. Show me a single post I have ever made where I said that evolutionary theory was wrong. The only claim I have ever made is that it is riddled with uncertainty's.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

The Theory isn't whether evolution is right or wrong, it's the exact sequence of steps. There exists way, way too much evidence and data. Magical creation is a poorly formed joke compared to evolution foundation.

th

All evolutionary theory is a best guess as to a sequence of events that no one observed. The data is based on comparing fossils that may be years, decades, centuries, millennia, or even longer, that are supposedly related. Without direct observation of the sequence of events that the theory suggests makes the evidence presented suspect to misinterpretation.

*****SMILE*****

:)

The Theory isn't whether evolution is right or wrong, it's the exact sequence of steps. There exists way, way too much evidence and data. Magical creation is a poorly formed joke compared to evolution foundation.

Actually, not to belittle Darwin's work, but if THAT"S your concept of evolutionary theory, you're living 200 years BEHIND the science. The idea of selection thru survival adaptation was pretty weak. And led the science astray for YEARS searching for a continuous fossil record. NOW with the knowledge of HOW mutations occur and the multitudinous ways that DNA is activated or mutated -- there are many "magical creation" opportunities possible in the past history of diversity. A change in solar activity or atmospheric content or chemical exposure or any NUMBER of mutation accelerating situations -- can APPEAR as "an act of Gawd".. Without a LOT of time expiring or a huge number of "missing links"..

Show me a single post I have ever made where I said that evolutionary theory was wrong.
Do you have a post where you said it was 'right', or that you accept evolution as 'the dominant scientific theory of biological diversity'*?

*Level_of_support_for_evolution

Uh, yeah. Go back and look at any one of the religious nutters claiming that evolutionary theory was false. I have presented evidence to the contrary. Based on my geologic experience I am a supporter of the punctuated equilibrium theory of evolution. How about you?

th

All evolutionary theory is a best guess as to a sequence of events that no one observed. The data is based on comparing fossils that may be years, decades, centuries, millennia, or even longer, that are supposedly related. Without direct observation of the sequence of events that the theory suggests makes the evidence presented suspect to misinterpretation.

*****SMILE*****

No, there IS observed real time evolution in mice, fish, and insects. Here is one example.

Evolution in real time on Bear Island
August 3, 2016 - 09:00

Article from NIVA - Norwegian Institute for Water Research
Researchers tracked the northern-most freshwater fish over an entire year with surprising results.

Actually, not to belittle Darwin's work, but if THAT"S your concept of evolutionary theory, you're living 200 years BEHIND the science. The idea of selection thru survival adaptation was pretty weak. And led the science astray for YEARS searching for a continuous fossil record. NOW with the knowledge of HOW mutations occur and the multitudinous ways that DNA is activated or mutated -- there are many "magical creation" opportunities possible in the past history of diversity. A change in solar activity or atmospheric content or chemical exposure or any NUMBER of mutation accelerating situations -- can APPEAR as "an act of Gawd".. Without a LOT of time expiring or a huge number of "missing links"..

What they have also found is the overwhelming majority of evolution occurs in the temperate zones as opposed to the equatorial regions. Evolutionary theory is only now really starting to get going. The next twenty years are going to see some major advances.

Last edited:
Based on my geologic experience I am a supporter of the punctuated equilibrium theory of evolution. How about you?
Oh, I'll go with the current consensus, as in all scientific matters. I'm happy to accept that theory is the best explanation we have now of the fossil record.

You are wasting your time, trying to discuss actual science here is like trying to convince a room full of monkeys how good oranges are. They are banana people. The very people you would try to educate do not want knowledge, they are forever in search of something that verifies their worldview no matter how bizarre it may be or how out of touch with the scientific community it is. They are like Rush Limbaugh who came out this week and said hurricane Irma is a 'conspiracy by democrats'. And then he evacuates before it reaches him. But they love to tell you how much smarter they are than you and everyone else alive today. It is so pathetically lame but they are ignorant to their own ignorance.

Evolutionary theory is one of the most researched and verified fields of study in human history. But the derps believe that just saying 'I don't believe it therefore it doesn't exist' verifies their own beliefs absolutely without question. The Rush Limbaugh worldview, 'I say it so it's true, even if I then evacuate to avoid the hurricane that I said was a conspiracy. Put the worst of them on ignore and just ignore the rest of the 'I'm the all knowing guru of the mountain'. As you noted yourself they aren't worth anyone's time.

You are wasting your time, trying to discuss actual science here is like trying to convince a room full of monkeys how good oranges are. They are banana people. The very people you would try to educate do not want knowledge, they are forever in search of something that verifies their worldview no matter how bizarre it may be or how out of touch with the scientific community it is. They are like Rush Limbaugh who came out this week and said hurricane Irma is a 'conspiracy by democrats'. And then he evacuates before it reaches him. But they love to tell you how much smarter they are than you and everyone else alive today. It is so pathetically lame but they are ignorant to their own ignorance.

Evolutionary theory is one of the most researched and verified fields of study in human history. But the derps believe that just saying 'I don't believe it therefore it doesn't exist' verifies their own beliefs absolutely without question. The Rush Limbaugh worldview, 'I say it so it's true, even if I then evacuate to avoid the hurricane that I said was a conspiracy. Put the worst of them on ignore and just ignore the rest of the 'I'm the all knowing guru of the mountain'. As you noted yourself they aren't worth anyone's time.

A little too dramatic to establish any cred or real interest in Evolution -- i would say... Can I suggest listening and discussing what people bring rather than this superior being character study that you do? :rolleyes:

Show me a single post I have ever made where I said that evolutionary theory was wrong.
Do you have a post where you said it was 'right', or that you accept evolution as 'the dominant scientific theory of biological diversity'*?

Uh, yeah. Go back and look at any one of the religious nutters claiming that evolutionary theory was false. I have presented evidence to the contrary. Based on my geologic experience I am a supporter of the punctuated equilibrium theory of evolution. How about you?
· by John Allen Portland State University, P.O.Box Portland, Oregon 972207

ABSTRACT Periodicity of abrupt geologic changes can occur on all scales from days to millions years. Many examples of landform changes can be illustrated by features in Oregon that have been produced not only by earthquakes and volcanism but also by erosion and glaciation.

lNTRODUCTION: Quite recently in this oldtimer's life Eldridge and Gould (1972) proposed that instead of evolving slowly and evenly, life forms remain static for long periods, and then are "punctuated" by sudden and abrupt and obvious change. This revolutionary new idea of "punctuated equilibrium" caused me to rethink several features in Oregon that have puzzled me.

In the 20's and 30's my generation was taught ''uniformitarianism": that the past is to be interpretated through what we see going on in the present. Evolution and geologic activities was thought to progress more or less evenly and steadily, except for earthquake and volcanic activity.

Although William Morros Dale had early proposed (1909) the anthropomorphic periodic stages of "youth, maturity and old age", it wasn't until the 60's that quantitative geomorphologists (Strahler (1969, 1971), Leupold, et al.(1964), began to demonstrate that periodicity could be important in landform development and I began to realize that this idea of a "punctuated equilibrium" can be applied to more than evolution, it can also appear in abrupt instead of slow regular changes in landforms.

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...5a66f86c23/1402043742455/1995+NEWSLETTERS.pdf

This is on page 45 of the link. Dr. Allen also wrote a very fine book on the Bretz Floods.

· by John Allen Portland State University, P.O.Box Portland, Oregon 972207

ABSTRACT Periodicity of abrupt geologic changes can occur on all scales from days to millions years. Many examples of landform changes can be illustrated by features in Oregon that have been produced not only by earthquakes and volcanism but also by erosion and glaciation.

lNTRODUCTION: Quite recently in this oldtimer's life Eldridge and Gould (1972) proposed that instead of evolving slowly and evenly, life forms remain static for long periods, and then are "punctuated" by sudden and abrupt and obvious change. This revolutionary new idea of "punctuated equilibrium" caused me to rethink several features in Oregon that have puzzled me.

In the 20's and 30's my generation was taught ''uniformitarianism": that the past is to be interpretated through what we see going on in the present. Evolution and geologic activities was thought to progress more or less evenly and steadily, except for earthquake and volcanic activity.

Although William Morros Dale had early proposed (1909) the anthropomorphic periodic stages of "youth, maturity and old age", it wasn't until the 60's that quantitative geomorphologists (Strahler (1969, 1971), Leupold, et al.(1964), began to demonstrate that periodicity could be important in landform development and I began to realize that this idea of a "punctuated equilibrium" can be applied to more than evolution, it can also appear in abrupt instead of slow regular changes in landforms.

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...5a66f86c23/1402043742455/1995+NEWSLETTERS.pdf

This is on page 45 of the link. Dr. Allen also wrote a very fine book on the Bretz Floods.

Yes, he did. It is interesting to see the evolution of geologic theory as they tried to get away from the catastrophism of the creationists, and adopt the more secular theories. Then, when presented with the Channeled Scabland, they were so loathe to accept anything approaching the catastrophism of old, that they denied what was obvious. The scale was what made it hard for them, but once you actually fly over the area its cause is as plain as the nose on your face.

th

*****SMILE*****

No, there IS observed real time evolution in mice, fish, and insects. Here is one example.

August 3, 2016 - 09:00

Article from NIVA - Norwegian Institute for Water Research
Researchers tracked the northern-most freshwater fish over an entire year with surprising results.

That's funny. Aren't you evolutionists the ones who claim that evolution takes millions of years? Make up your mind. BTW, what you describe is not evolution. It's adaptation. There's a big difference. No evolution has occured. It is simply a matter of expressing genetic traits that already exist.

Forum List

Back