Everyone Needs to Calm the Hell Down

YouTube - HatingnotDebating

This was apparently from McCaskill's town hall meeting.

I'll be honest, I've always been supportive of some Universal Health System, though I'm still undecided whether the plans offered thus far are really the answer. I can say, jumping up and ripping apart some woman's Rosa Parks poster who did not seem to be doing anything is not the way to approach anything. That being said, getting up and screaming at the guy probably a crappy way of getting anything accomplished either. You walk over to the cops, say he tore my poster up and let them deal with it.

There seems to be a lot of almost psychotic anger on both sides of the issue, when lets face it, a majority of people haven't given it a hours worth of thought. I know, sort of a fruity "can't we all just get along" post.

But seriously, is this what we really want to become as a nation?

Thank hyper-partisanship and the media----we already ARE that nation.

In all honesty, we have ALWAYS been a nation with a . . . robust approach to politics. I mean, seriously. The United States of America was founded by people who were pissed off and not going to take it any more, and we have continued to be that way. It's in our national DNA to see something we disagree with, and be willing to stand up and fight about it.

The people who came here in the beginning were not people who sat around being politely discontented. They were people who felt so strongly about what was right and good that they picked up themselves, their families, and their belongings and moved to a wilderness an ocean away from everything they knew.

The people who fought for and won our independence from Great Britain certainly weren't people who thought a genteel debate over issues was the only option. Hell, they weren't even in the majority. Take a look at some of the public debates over THAT issue at the time, and tell me how civil they were.

The Americans of the 1860s actually held a war over THEIR divisive political issues.

On a smaller scale, we've had fistfights break out on the floor of the Senate on occasion. U.S. Senate: Art & History Home > Historical Minutes > 1878-1920 > Senate Fistfight

Let's face it, folks. Americans are a passionate, hot-blooded bunch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0]YouTube - I Am Sick And Tired - Hillary Clinton[/ame]

my favorite!

I would agree, this is also ridiculous and stupid. As I also stated above, I thought the woman who had her sign torn up shouldn't have freaked out like she did.

None of this tit for tat shit matters.

yes it matters,, and it's not tit for tat,, what I'm telling you is this hate has been going on for years look at the list, it's systemic. and ongoing. and a perfect example of you reap what you sow. how do you expect people to react to that kind of hate?

I'm often reminded watching these debates ocasionally that dishonorable behavior is not something that is the exclusive property of one party or the other. The great part about this nation is the right to exercise one's rights to free speech but that right ends where it begins with another. People need to keep in mind that their fellow Americans no matter how much they may disagree with them on this issue or another should respect the very rights they themselves are exercising. This healthcare debate has stirred in many people a lot of different emotions, but when you get right down to it, every single one of us that live in this country will have to continue to live here once this debate has long ended. While no one would ever accuse me of being an advocate for Universal Healthcare, or Single Payer, one cannot simply dismiss another and then expect their voice to have any ears to be heard if they do such a thing. It's my belief that all sides in this issue want healthcare costs to come down and if we can all agree on that then perhaps, we start from there and in these townhalls start to have a dialogue that will lead to actually doing something about the costs of healthcare so that it can be affordable for those that need it and want it. I have long felt a surge of pride seeing Americans exercise rights that I myself and many others spent so much a part of our lives defending. When we as Americans deny our fellow citizens their rights then we dishonor the very foundations that so many people have sacrificed for. This healthcare debate will pass and if we can all come to some meaningful agreements , then you know what? Perhaps the real bosses here thats you and I can then tell our representatives that they will do for us in a unified voice. However we can never do this if we simply dismiss one aother and do not accept the fact that everyone might have something to offer in this debate no matter how small that may be.

Ten pages of images of hate and that's just for starters.

bush effigy - Google Images

Willow has a point. I wish she didn't, because I wish it was a point that didn't exist to be had, but I'll be alarmed when conservative protesters even start to approach behavior that is routine for leftists on every issue known to mankind.

I get sick and tired of being called on to condemn every right-winger who belches in the direction of a leftist, while hearing nothing but excuses from them for the most heinous of acts, often even for acts that aren't protests at all.

The man, James Winfrey, was a volunteer working the event. There was a "No Poster" rule in effect for the "meeting." The woman, Maxine Johnson, was unrolling her poster "to show the reporter." Winfrey would have been better served if he had exercised better judgement and been more polite, just as Johnson would have been better served if she had exercised better judgement and left her poster at outside.

Who Was This Man Volunteering For? (Wizbang)

liberal fuckers can never live this shit down

Suuuure. Hey, I'm a lib - and I don't give a shit about some stupid video that someone made on their computer, for a shitty rap song. Would you like to be blamed for everything that any Conservative has ever done?

No? Well then quit bringing it up to "prove" that all liberals are mean spirited.

Suuuure. Hey, I'm a lib - and I don't give a shit about some stupid video that someone made on their computer, for a shitty rap song. Would you like to be blamed for everything that any Conservative has ever done?

No? Well then quit bringing it up to "prove" that all liberals are mean spirited.

we can say hypocrite now can't we? :lol: that's exactly what the left is doing this very day to the GOP.. now sit down and stfu.

you think that is all the proof that is out there? i have yet to meet one of you that is worth your weight in salt.

then it seems you have no problem forcing people into shit against their will. i would wager the worst is yet to come, rational human beings do not use force against their neighbors to push them into shit they want nothing to do with. so if you dont think resisting force is a strong argument then your brain dead. True American resist force, they do not bow down to tyrants.

Are you going to cash your Social Security checks?

we can say hypocrite now can't we? :lol: that's exactly what the left is doing this very day to the GOP.. now sit down and stfu.

"the left" isn't a person.

If you want to tell me I'm a hypocrite, by all means go ahead. But you've never seen exhibit any "hate" towards the right, so you'd just be making shit up.

Forum List

Back