I found a summary

We can debate the 4 page document (from last month) you posted, but the final bill (if we ever see it in time) may be totally different.

Your point in understood and well taken. However, isn't this better than supposition about "death boards" which have NO basis in legislative fact, regardless of the bill revision?

We can debate the 4 page document (from last month) you posted, but the final bill (if we ever see it in time) may be totally different.

Your point in understood and well taken. However, isn't this better than supposition about "death boards" which have NO basis in legislative fact, regardless of the bill revision?

will this new government run and funded health insurance company have a group of people that will set policy as to:

who is covered...

what is covered....

how much things will cost....

what prexisting conditions will be covered....

will this new government run and funded health insurance company have a group of people that will set policy as to:

who is covered...

what is covered....

That would somehow concern me more if you know, that didn't already happen.

Some beancounters with a budget are going to be replaced with other beancounters with a budget?

Bottom of page 2. Employer responsibility.

Why would my employer pay anything when I can get it from the government. I see a lot of companies dropping health insurnace benefit all together.

Why would my employer pay anything when I can get it from the government. I see a lot of companies dropping health insurnace benefit all together.

To attract the better talent. The government option is only designed to provide basic health care. As we all know, employers provide many different versions of coverage. CEOs (and our elected officials) get "Cadillac" coverage. I don't see this changing for companies who want to attract better applicants. Do you?

who is covered...

what is covered....

Did you READ the summary?

can't open the link here.....seems my question was pretty simple.....

will theis new insurance compay have a group of people that will set policy.....

yes it will .... or no it won't....

To attract the better talent. The government option is only designed to provide basic health care. As we all know, employers provide many different versions of coverage. CEOs (and our elected officials) get "Cadillac" coverage. I don't see this changing for companies who want to attract better applicants. Do you?

We shall see.

Basic plan? Hmm so what your saying is that if I have a cadillac plan through my employer than I get better treatment than someone on the government plan. If that is not what you mean than explain what you do mean.

Last edited:
Another concern is that congress refuses to be on the same plan as the rest of us. WHY NOT?

Because the US of A provides them with better PRIVATE insurance. Would YOU switch if you didn't have to?

Basic plan? Hmm so what your saying is that if I have a cadillac plan through my employer than I get better treatment than someone on the government plan.

"Better treatment" is not the proper terminology. Your co-pays are less, more procedures and/or tests would be covered, etc.

Basic plan? Hmm so what your saying is that if I have a cadillac plan through my employer than I get better treatment than someone on the government plan. If that is not what you mean than explain what you do mean.

That sounds about right. My wife is a teacher and we get our health through her job. We had the offer of 4 different health plans, from the "you don't lose your entire life if you break a leg" plan to the "Do whatever the shit you want and its 25 bucks" plan. We do the later, its more expensive, but it also slices out a lot of hassle. I imagine a Government health care system to be similar. Don't want to have to get referrals or choose a doc from a small list? Get supplemental.

Basic plan? Hmm so what your saying is that if I have a cadillac plan through my employer than I get better treatment than someone on the government plan.

"Better treatment" is not the proper terminology. Your co-pays are less, more procedures and/or tests would be covered, etc.

Well that is still not fair to the poor bastard. Again seems like he is still getting screwed. His test are coverd and mine aren't? WTF. Sounds alot of what we have now. LMAO

Last edited:
We do the later, its more expensive, but it also slices out a lot of hassle. I imagine a Government health care system to be similar. Don't want to have to get referrals or choose a doc from a small list? Get supplemental.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winnah!

Well that is still not fair to the poor bastard. Again seems like he is still getting screwed.

BUT, he is covered for basic healthcare. Which is 100% better than no coverage at all. Would you not agree to at least THAT much?

Nobody knows what the final bill will be, so it is possible there will be 'death boards'.

Question. I prefer to pay for my own non-government health insurance. Will government healthcare increase my taxes?

Forum List

Back