Everyone Needs to Calm the Hell Down

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr. Capitalism, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Mr. Capitalism

Mr. Capitalism Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7zfawMm-So&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

This was apparently from McCaskill's town hall meeting.

I'll be honest, I've always been supportive of some Universal Health System, though I'm still undecided whether the plans offered thus far are really the answer. I can say, jumping up and ripping apart some woman's Rosa Parks poster who did not seem to be doing anything is not the way to approach anything. That being said, getting up and screaming at the guy probably a crappy way of getting anything accomplished either. You walk over to the cops, say he tore my poster up and let them deal with it.

There seems to be a lot of almost psychotic anger on both sides of the issue, when lets face it, a majority of people haven't given it a hours worth of thought. I know, sort of a fruity "can't we all just get along" post.

But seriously, is this what we really want to become as a nation?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. Mr. Capitalism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Now updated with a link...

3. nodoginnafight

nodoginnafight No Party Affiliation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    I still can't find the link Mr. Capitalism but nice thread.
    I heard the sign incident explained like there were signs all over the outside of the place telling people they could not bring in signs or posters. This lady comes in with her sign and it started an argument that resulted in the fracas.

But I'm with you 100% - what's going on in these forums may be an expression of free political speech, but then again so is burning an American flag.
    It may be protected free speech, but it sure is dumb. You're just alienating the folks you hope to be persuading. AND you are obstructing what could be a meaningful exchange of ideas.

Oh well - you can't legislate intelligence.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Thank hyper-partisanship and the media----we already ARE that nation.

5. Mr. Capitalism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Very true. The is a whole separate debate going on about certain people being allowed signs and others not, and how race and politics might have played a role. I didn't bring that into the thread because that isn't the important thing here.

As several people know, I make my living in politics. The bombastic shit? Its fun, no doubt about it. But people listen to a soft spoken person that respects them and smiles when they talk to them.

What with all the shouting and accusations being flipped back and forth at people, basically they are getting angry. Its a bar fight mentality. Only here it politics instead of booze, but everyone is still just as pissed for no reason...

6. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,377

(*#%*#$&)^&!!I*^&%R*EE*)*#&!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

7. nodoginnafight

nodoginnafight No Party Affiliation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    The link is there now.

A good example of cutting off your nose to spite your face imho.

8. Fatality

Fatality SunCrackedSoul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +280

people dont want the shit, the demos need to take the fucking hint

9. Wesley

Wesley Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is a result of Mr. Obama using the bully pulpit. I'm sick and tired of the liberals and the left-wing media speaking for me. When Sotomayer was nominated, every news headline said, "Latinos are rejoicing." Well, I am a "Latino", and I sure as hell was not rejoicing. This is just an example of why alot of people are fed up. Mr. Obama wants to portray this illusion that everybody is in love with him and he dismisses legitimate protesters as insignificant others. I'm tired of his arrogance and I would love to get in his face and speak my mind. Thank you to all the morons who voted for him. All the signs of his radicalism were clear, so you have no excuse. You chose to ignore the obvious tell-tale signs, and now the nation is paying a price.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,720
    My observations..

When Republicans play nice they lose.

Every day democrats pick somebody new to hate on. New target. new hate.

The list is long.

So I'm not the only American observing this.

So, what do you expect to get in return when you dish hate everyday? How's that working for you?

So,, no,, shouting is probably not the BEST way,, but from what I've observed in the action of the democrat congresscritters it's the ONLY way, and I still have doubts that they have heard the protestors. They went into these townhalls not with the intent of listening and learning but to shut down the protesters.. and the whole wide world is watching you.

I would furthur add that had this guy in the WH been sophisticated enough to hold the office he occupies he would have had his ducks in a row. All the democrats has demonstrated with their 1000 page bills chocked full of pork and hastily crammed down is incompetence. There were warning signals in April with the "Tea Parties" and what did the democrats do? They mocked the protesters just as they are doing now. Mock, and demean and dismiss at your own peril.. What you sow,, you kinda reap.. and democrats! "Your chickens have come home to roost.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1