everybody should be packing iron

Guns save lives.

A gun in every law abiding home is ideal

-Geaux

How about arming everyone so, when a law abiding citizen applies his stand your ground right to free speech (Or texting) in a cinema, an instant peoples' armed jury can decide and, if guilty of eating his popcorn too loudly, bust a cap in his ass.

The stupidity of allowing so many guns on the streets is mind boggling.

Sounds like murder. We have laws against that.

-Geaux

But you also have laws that make it much more likely to happen.

Leftie thinking:

Guns kill people.

Proof they can't think logically.

Taking guns away from people is just the natural position of the tyrannical left. Use government power to force people to submit to their will. And of course, the Constitution is meaningless to them. Just further proof of their psychosis. The small power elite will have guns and everyone else will be prevented from having a gun...and history tells us this works really well. CRAZY!

Left wing thinking = the world would be great if only criminals and the government had guns.

How about arming everyone so, when a law abiding citizen applies his stand your ground right to free speech (Or texting) in a cinema, an instant peoples' armed jury can decide and, if guilty of eating his popcorn too loudly, bust a cap in his ass.

The stupidity of allowing so many guns on the streets is mind boggling.

Sounds like murder. We have laws against that.

-Geaux

But you also have laws that make it much more likely to happen.

the system you want makes it much more likely that the government would shoot you with a gun.

The NRA is responsible for more American deaths than Al-Qaeda ever will be. Osama bin Laden is nothing next to Wayne LaPierre.

I can post many examples of citizens killing bad guys under stress and performing flawlessly.[/QUOTE

That's what the guy doing the shooting in the movie theater thought. I'll just take my .380 with me to see the movie, you know, just in case someone starts shooting and then I'll be the hero and save all those lives and life will be so grand for me and my gun.

Wrong.

But why didn't a good guy with a gun stop this clown from shooting the guy with that most deadly of weapons; a cell phone.

Actually, it may have cost even more lives. Have you ever had to shoot at a moving target that was only 8 inches square (about what the area would have been for the Aurora shooter who was wearing body armor and a gas mask), while it was moving around and shooting back at you?

I'm guessing not, because even when I was a member of the Security Force in Newport RI, we had a larger target to shoot at (around 18 inches square), and it wasn't shooting back at us and moving around.

It's even harder to do if you have to shoot in the dark.

I'm amazed at those of you who claim that they could have taken this person out, when many of you have never even had firearms training, much less had to take out a target under the conditions that would have been required in the movie theater.

Me? I had to shoot off several hundred rounds per month, and many of those were in combat and tactical drills, and even the best of us (including the Gunny who trained us) couldn't make those kind of shots.

I'm guessing you never served in the military, because if you had, you'd understand how stupid your post was.

I am afraid that you have conflated the real world that you exist in with the fantasy world that the likes of a goforit inhabits.

In a gofor fantasy, no one ever shoots back and he would never be scared and his heart rate and adrenaline levels would never skyrocket and he would never miss.

Goforit spends a lot of time playing shootem up video games. He's BAD.

And soon to be going to Iraq to volunteer for Falujah duty. Right go?

The life I save, or perhaps another law abiding concealed carry citizen, could be yours.

Don't be so quick to hate. :lol:

-Geaux

Yeah.......................right......................like the dude who was present at Gabby Gifford's shooting who almost took out an innocent life?

I can post many examples of citizens killing bad guys under stress and performing flawlessly.[/QUOTE

That's what the guy doing the shooting in the movie theater thought. I'll just take my .380 with me to see the movie, you know, just in case someone starts shooting and then I'll be the hero and save all those lives and life will be so grand for me and my gun.

Wrong.

But why didn't a good guy with a gun stop this clown from shooting the guy with that most deadly of weapons; a cell phone.

No gun zones

-Geaux

I am afraid that you have conflated the real world that you exist in with the fantasy world that the likes of a goforit inhabits.

In a gofor fantasy, no one ever shoots back and he would never be scared and his heart rate and adrenaline levels would never skyrocket and he would never miss.

Goforit spends a lot of time playing shootem up video games. He's BAD.

And soon to be going to Iraq to volunteer for Falujah duty. Right go?

The life I save, or perhaps another law abiding concealed carry citizen, could be yours.

Don't be so quick to hate. :lol:

-Geaux

Yeah.......................right......................like the dude who was present at Gabby Gifford's shooting who almost took out an innocent life?

He almost did nothing. Hey, I almost won the lottery last week...

Hand grenades and horseshoes

-Geaux

The gun issue clearly shows America coming apart at the seams. Those on the Left think it appropriate for government to take away gun rights. They think a small elite who control a big centralized government have the right to abrogate the Constitution and take away guns from law abiding Americans. They believe in tyranny.

This difference between those who are fine with government tyranny and those of us who support individual liberty and natural rights is destroying America.

50 years ago if you did a poll on gun control, I am betting a great majority of Americans would oppose it. Not today...and all thanks to the Left's control of the g-schools, Hollywood, MSM, and the government bureaucracy, which has brainwashed millions of Americans, Americans are divided on an issue that they should not be.

Last edited:
According to our board fruitloops, everbody should be packing iron. Then the won't be any more violence. Sure, fellas, sure thing.

AOL.com Article - Man fatally shot at movie theater after texting his daughter

Cummings said the man in the back row - later identified as Reeves - got up and left the auditorium, presumably to get a manager. But he came back after a few minutes, without a manager and appearing upset. Moments later, the argument between the two men resumed, and the man in the front row stood up.

Officials said Oulson asked Reeves if he reported him to management for using his phone.

Cummings said the men started raising their voices and popcorn was thrown. Authorities said Reeves took out a gun, and Oulson's wife put her hand over her husband, and that's when Reeves fired his weapon, striking Nichole Oulson in the hand and her husband in the chest.

"I can't believe people would bring a pistol, a gun, to a movie," Cummings said. "I can't believe they would argue and fight and shoot one another over popcorn. Over a cellphone."

If guns really made you safer, we would have zero violence in this nation. We are, by far, the most heavily armed society in the history of mankind and yet, we're among the most violent advanced societies the same mankind has ever seen.

According to our board fruitloops, everbody should be packing iron. Then the won't be any more violence. Sure, fellas, sure thing.

Cummings said the man in the back row - later identified as Reeves - got up and left the auditorium, presumably to get a manager. But he came back after a few minutes, without a manager and appearing upset. Moments later, the argument between the two men resumed, and the man in the front row stood up.

Officials said Oulson asked Reeves if he reported him to management for using his phone.

Cummings said the men started raising their voices and popcorn was thrown. Authorities said Reeves took out a gun, and Oulson's wife put her hand over her husband, and that's when Reeves fired his weapon, striking Nichole Oulson in the hand and her husband in the chest.

"I can't believe people would bring a pistol, a gun, to a movie," Cummings said. "I can't believe they would argue and fight and shoot one another over popcorn. Over a cellphone."

If guns really made you safer, we would have zero violence in this nation. We are, by far, the most heavily armed society in the history of mankind and yet, we're among the most violent advanced societies the same mankind has ever seen.

If murder laws really made us safer, we would have zero murder in this nation.

Its the culture, not the gun...However, as gun sales soar, crime is dropping. Interesting trend

-Geaux

Forum List

Back