Ever wonder what Muslims think about the mosque near Ground Zero?

I entered many mosques in Turkey. No problem.

Did you take your wife with you? Did you try to sing songs about Jesus? Did you challenge them about Mohammad being a prophet?

If you did none of those things you did not test the ability of that mosque to accommodate you, you simply walked in and looked around in the part they allow tourists to see, which is not the part that matters.
I saw people praying. Are you under the impression that there are "secret" areas?
Muslims honor Jesus, as a prophet, but not the son of God.
The Koran mentions Mary, mother of Jesus.

Most Christians believe Jesus is God, so again I challenge you to sing songs to Jesus next time you are in a mosque. Catholics believe Mary is the mother of God, and that she was without sin, so you think a mosque would allow prayers to Mary?

The issue is not would they allow people in, but would they allow them to worship. Since the claim was made that a mosque can accommodate Christians and Jews, not just allow them to walk through the front door, I am going to point out that it is not based in reality.

Mischief in Manhattan

Muslim Raheel Raza speaks out against Ground Zero Mosque on O’Reilly- The Right Scoop

As I have said before, there is no way I can support any effort to stop them, especially one that comes from the government. That does not change the fact that what they are doing is offensive, or that is it meant to be offensive. They view America as foolish and weak because we allow them to build this mosque where they attacked us. Let us remember why they are doing it, and allow the truth behind their actions to strengthen us and serve as a warning to us about their real purpose.

Terrible analogy. With Srebrenica there was a war going on between millions of peoples. This was 17 religious zealots in aeroplanes. Huge difference.

That aside, this is at least a couple of streets away from ground zero and was decided upon before 9-11.

And thanks for telling us what A Muslim thinks...

well, you know.. THAT ONE MUSLIM MUST be representative to all muslims!

christians like these assholes are happy to be represented by any other christian with an opinion too!

fred-phelps-1.jpg

That is at least two Muslims I am quoting, and they point out that radical muslims will look at it this way. If I pointed out that WBC would view a total pullout from Afghanistan and Iraq, and a SCOTUS decision validating the viewpoint that gays do not have a right to marry, as a victory for them, would that mean that I agreed with them?

Just because a person says something that you find offensive, bigoted, mean spirited, and petty, that does not make them wrong, because you can be all of that and right. In fact, your attitude that people would not do this because you are above that type of thing actually makes it easier for them to win the victory you claim they are not winning.

Did you take your wife with you? Did you try to sing songs about Jesus? Did you challenge them about Mohammad being a prophet?

If you did none of those things you did not test the ability of that mosque to accommodate you, you simply walked in and looked around in the part they allow tourists to see, which is not the part that matters.
I saw people praying. Are you under the impression that there are "secret" areas?

Most Christians believe Jesus is God, so again I challenge you to sing songs to Jesus next time you are in a mosque. Catholics believe Mary is the mother of God, and that she was without sin, so you think a mosque would allow prayers to Mary?

The issue is not would they allow people in, but would they allow them to worship. Since the claim was made that a mosque can accommodate Christians and Jews, not just allow them to walk through the front door, I am going to point out that it is not based in reality.

Do you understand what interfaith dialogue means?

but then the eastern orthodox and RCC have areas they wont let anyone in if they arent members of that religion

You know, I don't really care what any religious group believes or teaches or what their criteria is for admission to the club. I just want to be left alone to believe or teach or admit whatever and whomever I wish.

But I am no respector of religion or politics or social activism or whatever that intentionally mocks, hurts, or defames other people because they believe differently. And I cannot respect a religious group that thinks putting a 13-story Mosque a stones throw from ground zero is respectful or appropriate.

who the fuck decided that their building MUST be respectful to anyone other than their religious prerogative? Was a law passed or something that all building around ground zero must observe and be dedicated to the memory of 9/11? No? Get over it. 9 months after it's built, assuming some asshole christian doesn't ironically blow it up, you've forget all about it.

I am not claiming it must be, I am just calling out the lie that it is not disrespectful. In other words, I fully support their right to do what they want, I just do not support you claiming I do not have the right to see it as the offense and provocation it is.

Would a Christian church tolerate me walking and and kneeling towards Mecca on my musallah to recite salah?

Would a Jewish temple let a Christian in to sing song and praise of Jesus?

It's a perfect place for a mosque.

Perfect place for a pig slaughter house too.

It's a perfect place for a Gay Bar!

So, the Muslim investors championing the construction of the new mosque near Ground Zero claim it's all about strengthening the relationship between the Muslim and non-Muslim world.

As an American, I believe they have every right to build the mosque - after all, if they buy the land and they follow the law - who can stop them?

Which is, why, in the spirit of outreach, I've decided to do the same thing.

I'm announcing tonight, that I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also Islamic gay men. To best express my sincere desire for dialogue, the bar will be situated next to the mosque Park51, in an available commercial space.

This is not a joke. I've already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance.

As you know, the Muslim faith doesn't look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I'm building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world.

The goal, however, is not simply to open a typical gay bar, but one friendly to men of Islamic faith. An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith. The bar will be open all day and night, to accommodate men who would rather keep their sexuality under wraps - but still want to dance.

Bottom line: I hope that the mosque owners will be as open to the bar, as I am to the new mosque. After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine.

My place, however, will have better music.

The Daily Gut

"The proposal for the Cordoba House grew out of the activism of a nonprofit organization called the Cordoba Initiative, which seeks to foster greater understanding between Muslims and the West. The Cordoba Initiative was actually named for the city of Cordoba, where Jews, Christians, and Muslims lived in peace for nearly 800 years during the Middle Ages. The proposed center, which will have a dedicated multi-faith prayer room, includes plans for an auditorium and conference center for cultural exchange programs and interfaith dialogues. In many ways, New York City today strikes me as a modern day Cordoba, where people of all races and religious faiths converge with the same aspirations to live in peace and a build a brighter future for their children."
Ground Zero Mosque: A Symbol of Religious Freedom - The Daily Beast

The intention is peace and interfaith dialogue, both of whom I enthusiastically support.

Cordoba is the site of the greatest victory of Muslims over Christians in history. It is always peaceful when you live in a tyranny, that does not make the tyranny right.

Newsflash. 9/11 wasn't a Christian massacre.

Newsflash.

That is why they are building a mosque there.

I don't understand what you mean. 9/11 was not directed at Americans not Christians.

What part of holy war aren't you understanding. It has nothing to do with christians. It has to do with the infedel non muslim believers...Americans.

it has everything to do with the muslim tradition of building a mosque on top of conquered ground.

Newsflash.

That is why they are building a mosque there.

I don't understand what you mean. 9/11 was not directed at Americans not Christians.

What part of holy war aren't you understanding. It has nothing to do with christians. It has to do with the infedel non muslim believers...Americans.

it has everything to do with the muslim tradition of building a mosque on top of conquered ground.

That's paranoia. It has no basis in fact.

Actually, it's based on Historical Fact.

But history is lost on the politically correct.

Would a Christian church tolerate me walking and and kneeling towards Mecca on my musallah to recite salah?

Would a Jewish temple let a Christian in to sing song and praise of Jesus?
that would probably depend where it was an how well informed the people in the church were as to what you were doing

Boedicca

It's not true in the case of this mosque which is built with the intention of increasing interfaith dialogue. It's an olive branch.

Last edited:

We need to put a pole dancing club across the street with big picture windows so the women can show off moves and lots of skin. A women rights and advocate center next door. A sexy video and toy and racy underwear shop. And jewish learning center right there too. How about a gay lesbian transgendered support society coffee shop and hangout, so they can sit outside and make out. I am also thinking a restaurant specializing in all things pork so it smells like pork 24/7. I like the idea of a 55 gallon drum of quran's burning all the time right out front. A cartoon shop that specializes in muslim satire.

Give me time i am sure i can think of more things to put right there.:lol::lol::lol:
why burn the books?
it only makes those who print and sell them richer

Ya burn them because it pisses the shit out of them. Affront for affront.

yea.. you're a real winner..

:rolleyes:

*yawn*

It's a perfect place for a Gay Bar!

I got ya covered ;) and i think you missed a few of mine.....:lol:

We need to put a pole dancing club across the street with big picture windows so the women can show off moves and lots of skin. A women rights and advocate center next door. A sexy video and toy and racy underwear shop. And jewish learning center right there too. How about a gay lesbian transgendered support society coffee shop and hangout, so they can sit outside and make out. I am also thinking a restaurant specializing in all things pork so it smells like pork 24/7. I like the idea of a 55 gallon drum of quran's burning all the time right out front. A cartoon shop that specializes in muslim satire.

Give me time i am sure i can think of more things to put right there.:lol::lol::lol:

Terrible analogy. With Srebrenica there was a war going on between millions of peoples. This was 17 religious zealots in aeroplanes. Huge difference.

That aside, this is at least a couple of streets away from ground zero and was decided upon before 9-11.

And thanks for telling us what A Muslim thinks...

well, you know.. THAT ONE MUSLIM MUST be representative to all muslims!

christians like these assholes are happy to be represented by any other christian with an opinion too!

fred-phelps-1.jpg

That is at least two Muslims I am quoting, and they point out that radical muslims will look at it this way. If I pointed out that WBC would view a total pullout from Afghanistan and Iraq, and a SCOTUS decision validating the viewpoint that gays do not have a right to marry, as a victory for them, would that mean that I agreed with them?

Just because a person says something that you find offensive, bigoted, mean spirited, and petty, that does not make them wrong, because you can be all of that and right. In fact, your attitude that people would not do this because you are above that type of thing actually makes it easier for them to win the victory you claim they are not winning.

HOLY SHIT! TWO MUSLIMS?!?!?! IS THAT, LIKE, A QUORUM OR SOMETHING??!?!?!

:rofl:

feel free to keep defending your bigotry though. It's fun to watch you people try to polish the turd of hatred.

who the fuck decided that their building MUST be respectful to anyone other than their religious prerogative? Was a law passed or something that all building around ground zero must observe and be dedicated to the memory of 9/11? No? Get over it. 9 months after it's built, assuming some asshole christian doesn't ironically blow it up, you've forget all about it.

There is no law involved Shogun, or more accurately the law allows them to build anywhere they can get a permit. We aren't talking about law now. We are talking about human feelings and courtesy.

It would be no different than if Christian built a huge Cathedral or religious center at or beside the site of an Islamic massacre during the Crusades or some other conflict as a symbol of Christianity's superiority. It would not be respectful nor appreciated.

Sometimes it is the right thing to do to choose not to do something even though it is legal.

Interfaith dialogue is the right thing to do. That's the intent of the Cordoba Center. The three main religions, Islam, Judaism and Christianity are seriously in need of interfaith dialogue.

If that was the sole intent I would have no problem with it, The fact that they are building it where they are, and that they are not including any mention of the major historical event that has everyone up in arms about the placement of the mosque, tells me that the intent is other than what they say it is. You may choose to blind yourself to the realities of the world in an attempt to live in peace, but Jesus advised me to be as wise as a serpent, and as gentle as a dove. This mosque in this place is not the act of a dove, it is the act of a serpent.

Forum List

Back