Ever wonder what Muslims think about the mosque near Ground Zero?

The controversy over Cordoba House is not an isolated event. It is part of a much more far-reaching pattern and problem.

Mosque construction in the United States has become a catalyst for increased anti-Islam and anti-Muslim sentiment, discrimination and hate crimes in recent years.

Would gays kissing be tolerated in church?

Irrelevant. The church is not making claims to be open to gays, and they generally do not permit non gays to kiss either. Nice attempt at looking intelligent.
um, ever been to a church wedding?

"you may now kiss the bride"

Oh, nice catch. But it is irrelevant to the point I was making. But since you mentioned weddings in church, my bet is that this couple kissed at their ceremony also.

Male priests marry in Anglican church's first gay 'wedding' - Telegraph

More than one.

Since I did not write the analogy I do not need to defend it, but I do think you are selling it short. If these people were about making amends they would build a memorial with their money, and place their mosque somewhere else. A bit like what happened when that nutcase shot up that McDonald's in San Ysidro a few years ago.

you seem to be missing the muslim tradition of building a mosque on top of conquered ground.

It ain't me that is missing it.

who the fuck decided that their building MUST be respectful to anyone other than their religious prerogative? Was a law passed or something that all building around ground zero must observe and be dedicated to the memory of 9/11? No? Get over it. 9 months after it's built, assuming some asshole christian doesn't ironically blow it up, you've forget all about it.

There is no law involved Shogun, or more accurately the law allows them to build anywhere they can get a permit. We aren't talking about law now. We are talking about human feelings and courtesy.

It would be no different than if Christian built a huge Cathedral or religious center at or beside the site of an Islamic massacre during the Crusades or some other conflict as a symbol of Christianity's superiority. It would not be respectful nor appreciated.

Sometimes it is the right thing to do to choose not to do something even though it is legal.

Newsflash. 9/11 wasn't a Christian massacre.

No, it was a massacre perpetrated by Muslims.

Irrelevant. The church is not making claims to be open to gays, and they generally do not permit non gays to kiss either. Nice attempt at looking intelligent.
um, ever been to a church wedding?

"you may now kiss the bride"

Oh, nice catch. But it is irrelevant to the point I was making. But since you mentioned weddings in church, my bet is that this couple kissed at their ceremony also.

Male priests marry in Anglican church's first gay 'wedding' - Telegraph
glad to assist
:lol:

The building planned for 45 Park Place, the Cordoba House is a cultural center with a prayer room -- not a single-purpose house of worship for Muslims, which is probably what we should reserve the word "mosque" for. As Haberman also explains, "That it may even be called a mosque is debatable. It is designed as a multi-use complex with a space set aside for prayer -- no minarets, no muezzin calls to prayer blaring onto Park Place."

There's one more catch for the opponents of the so-called Ground Zero mosque: by the same logical leap you can call the Cordoba Center a "mosque," you can also call Ground Zero as it already exists a giant, open-air mosque. Muslim prayers are already taking place right on the edge of the construction site, and not for world domination. Families are going there to pray -- for the souls of the dozens of innocent Muslim victims who died on September 11.
Matt Sledge: Just How Far Is the "Ground Zero Mosque" From Ground Zero?

There is no law involved Shogun, or more accurately the law allows them to build anywhere they can get a permit. We aren't talking about law now. We are talking about human feelings and courtesy.

It would be no different than if Christian built a huge Cathedral or religious center at or beside the site of an Islamic massacre during the Crusades or some other conflict as a symbol of Christianity's superiority. It would not be respectful nor appreciated.

Sometimes it is the right thing to do to choose not to do something even though it is legal.

Newsflash. 9/11 wasn't a Christian massacre.

No, it was a massacre perpetrated by Muslims.
It was a massacre perpeterated by terrorists.

I do not see the problem of building a temple near the site of the fallen.

Do you really think we are being marked as chumps in the Islamic world?

Forum List

Back