Ever wonder what Muslims think about the mosque near Ground Zero?

You know, I don't really care what any religious group believes or teaches or what their criteria is for admission to the club. I just want to be left alone to believe or teach or admit whatever and whomever I wish.

But I am no respector of religion or politics or social activism or whatever that intentionally mocks, hurts, or defames other people because they believe differently. And I cannot respect a religious group that thinks putting a 13-story Mosque a stones throw from ground zero is respectful or appropriate.

who the fuck decided that their building MUST be respectful to anyone other than their religious prerogative? Was a law passed or something that all building around ground zero must observe and be dedicated to the memory of 9/11? No? Get over it. 9 months after it's built, assuming some asshole christian doesn't ironically blow it up, you've forget all about it.

There is no law involved Shogun, or more accurately the law allows them to build anywhere they can get a permit. We aren't talking about law now. We are talking about human feelings and courtesy.

It would be no different than if Christian built a huge Cathedral or religious center at or beside the site of an Islamic massacre during the Crusades or some other conflict as a symbol of Christianity's superiority. It would not be respectful nor appreciated.

Sometimes it is the right thing to do to choose not to do something even though it is legal.

Interfaith dialogue is the right thing to do. That's the intent of the Cordoba Center. The three main religions, Islam, Judaism and Christianity are seriously in need of interfaith dialogue.

Last edited:
And exercising our rights:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/ga...ampaign=Feed:+OTB+(Outside+The+Beltway+|+OTB)

Now we'll see about Bloomberg allowing the necessary licensing...

Mr. Outside-the-Beltway has not been outside the beltway.

There is already a New York Dolls Gentleman's Club on the same block as the Cordoba project, in addition to 3 bars, an Amish market, 1 other mosque, and three christian facilities. A gay bar would fit right in with the rich diversity of the area.

Islam reinvents "Jesus" in mohammads image, this is not an act that can be considered an" honor".

...coming from the guy insisting that Jesus Khan was a warmonger...

tell me MORE about reinventing jesus!

:rofl:

There is something wrong with your mind.

...says the unabashed, muslim hating bigot...

folks, this concludes the Daily Irony Show! Y'all come back tomorah' for another cotton pickin', banjo playin', toothless example from ole Grampa Fitnah!

Gay Bar Near Mosque Near Ground Zero

There is already a New York Dolls Gentleman's Club on the same block as the Cordoba project, in addition to 3 bars, an Amish market, 1 other mosque, and three christian facilities. A gay bar would fit right in with the rich diversity of the area.

Don't know who Gregg Gutfield is? Not 'Mr.....' Seems that opening a Muslim Gay bar would increase diversity. We agree.

Which is why we need to use our freedom to turn it into a symbol of shame by not letting the radicals on either side of the issue to win.
how?''

By surviving longer than they do, just like we did with the USSR.

By mocking them, and laughing when they mock us.

By showing them that freedom makes us strong, not weak.

and by running a continous slideshow of 9-11 on the side of their shiny new mosque.

Gay Bar Near Mosque Near Ground Zero

Don't know who Gregg Gutfield is? Not 'Mr.....' Seems that opening a Muslim Gay bar would increase diversity. We agree.

Of course you agree, but I seriously doubt that is the intent.

As I'm sure you would agree.

You know, I don't really care what any religious group believes or teaches or what their criteria is for admission to the club. I just want to be left alone to believe or teach or admit whatever and whomever I wish.

But I am no respector of religion or politics or social activism or whatever that intentionally mocks, hurts, or defames other people because they believe differently. And I cannot respect a religious group that thinks putting a 13-story Mosque a stones throw from ground zero is respectful or appropriate.

who the fuck decided that their building MUST be respectful to anyone other than their religious prerogative? Was a law passed or something that all building around ground zero must observe and be dedicated to the memory of 9/11? No? Get over it. 9 months after it's built, assuming some asshole christian doesn't ironically blow it up, you've forget all about it.

There is no law involved Shogun, or more accurately the law allows them to build anywhere they can get a permit. We aren't talking about law now. We are talking about human feelings and courtesy.

It would be no different than if Christian built a huge Cathedral or religious center at or beside the site of an Islamic massacre during the Crusades or some other conflict as a symbol of Christianity's superiority. It would not be respectful nor appreciated.

Sometimes it is the right thing to do to choose not to do something even though it is legal.

We propped up exactly that with the creation is israel. Do you see anyone making sensitivity appeals to jews about how a pali must feal? Give me a fucking break. The ONLY reason this is being discussed is because christians have felt, for too long apparently, as they are the only kid who can freely pull from the cookie jar. Sorry, what YOU think is right means nothing. This isn't even about sensitivity anymore; this is about chaffing at the idea that muslims IN GENERAL are not being told to stay in their (subjugated) place in America.

Talk to me about sensitivity after you rail on and on about catholics and their schools this side of so many sore child asses.

"In a speech for the ages, Mayor Bloomberg succinctly framed the issue saying:

Whatever you may think of the proposed mosque and community center, lost in the heat of the debate has been a basic question: Should government attempt to deny private citizens the right to build a house of worship on private property based on their particular religion? That may happen in other countries, but we should never allow it to happen here.
Mayor Bloomberg drew attention to an often-ignored fact:

Let us not forget that Muslims were among those murdered on 9/11, and that our Muslim neighbors grieved with us as New Yorkers and as Americans. ... Muslims are as much a part of our city and our country as the people of any faith. And they are as welcome to worship in lower Manhattan as any other group. In fact, they have been worshiping at the site for better, the better part of a year, as is their right.

Perhaps the boldest stance was taken by Newsweek and CNN's Fareed Zakaria when he returned an award he had received from ADL in 2005. He urged ADL to reverse its decision and refuted its arguments by rhetorically questioning, "Does Foxman believe that bigotry is OK if people think they're victims? Does the anguish of Palestinians, then, entitle them to be anti-Semitic?" He then went on to mount a practical defense of the Cordoba Center, noting:

If there is going to be a reformist movement in Islam, it is going to emerge from places like the proposed institute. We should be encouraging groups like the one behind this project, not demonizing them. Were this mosque being built in a foreign city, chances are that the U.S. government would be funding it."
Parvez Ahmed: Any Common Ground in the 'Ground Zero Mosque' Debate?

Islam reinvents "Jesus" in mohammads image, this is not an act that can be considered an" honor".

WTF...

Isa in the Koran is a prophet of Allah. The Koran just does not accept that he died for man's sins.

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of God";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, God raised him up unto the himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise.”[Qur'an 4:157–158]

And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.”[Qur'an 43:61]

Mr. Fitnah has been struggling with serious mental health issues. It's best to play along with his delusions; he gets pretty fussy when he's confronted with reality. All we can do is pray that he'll get better some day.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2598404-post26.html

Of course you agree, but I seriously doubt that is the intent.

As I'm sure you would agree.

I agree that if diversity or private property use or freedom are the reasons for one, they justify the other.

"Rabbi Eric Yoffie, President of the Union for Reform Judaism, and Rabbi David Saperstein, Director of the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, issued the following statement:

We welcome the planned construction of the Cordoba House mosque and community center in Lower Manhattan. Although we fully recognize the strong sentiments that have characterized the debate over the center, we strongly believe that Cordoba House's presence will reflect our nation's historic commitment to religious liberty. After consulting with rabbinic and lay leaders of our New York area synagogues we express our belief that the decision to allow the Cordoba House to move forward best embodies our values and the interests of the New York community. We affirm our abiding commitment to the principle of religious freedom that ensures that houses of worship not be subject to discrimination and to the principle of religious equality that ensures the right of the Muslim community to locate and build its houses of worship like Jewish, Christian or other houses of worship. We hope that our congregations will work with the leadership of the center on issues of common importance.

We commend Mayor Bloomberg, who has always supported the rights of the Jewish community as he has those of all religious communities, for advocating the position that the New York community will be enriched by this Center and for his view that New York should not embody in its actions any form of religious intolerance or discrimination. We commend as well the decision yesterday of the Landmarks Preservation Committee paving the way for construction.

The principle of religious freedom on which the United States was founded has demonstrated that our nation is strengthened by the faith of its citizens and the houses of worship in which they gather. The Cordoba House will now join the countless churches, synagogues, mosques, and temples that populate our landscape and enrich the spiritual lives of their congregants."

Reform Jewish Movement Welcomes Approval of Cordoba House Mosque and Community Center - URJ

I'm trying to find some indication that Christians support this mosque. I haven't found much so far. Why is that? More than half of NYC residents agree that the project would promote tolerance or, at least, are willing to listen to the idea.

Last edited:
I'm trying to find some indication that Christians support this mosque. I haven't found much so far. Why is that? More than half of NYC residents agree that the project would promote tolerance or, at least, are willing to listen to the idea.

It doesn't matter if Christians, Buddhists, atheists, Jews, Hindis, etc., support Mosque or not. The mayor of the city says it goes forward.

When did they have a vote on building the Mosque? I missed that.

It matters to me that American citizens support religious freedom for all. Muslims have as much right to build a mosque on private land as Christian or Jews have a right to build churches and synagogues.

It matters to me that American citizens support religious freedom for all. Muslims have as much right to build a mosque on private land as Christian or Jews have a right to build churches and synagogues.

It doesn't matter to me what religion if any you support. Uphold the Constitution? Yes. That there may or will be reaction to the perceived insensitivity of those choosing that site by other citizens? Perhaps. Their rights should be upheld every bit as much. People have the right to open businesses that may not settle well with others.

They have the right to speak out, even inflame. They do not have the right to resort to violence. They do NOT have to be 'tolerant' by your or the mosque's leaders standards.

Freedom is the bottom line.

Last edited:
Probably not, because Saudi Arabia is ruled by an apostate regime that has forsaken Islam and masquerades its backward, contrived legal code as the law of Allah (SWT.)

This statement is inconsistent with certain historical realities. Bukhari explains how the Messenger of Allah (SAWS) allowed the Christians of Najran to stay in his mosque in Madinah. When the time came for them to pray, they did so and the Muslims were instructed to leave them alone during their worship.

The Christians stayed in Medina for 3 days long enough to sign up for protection from mohammads raiders

They then returned to najran .

They were then run out of there homes.

One must conclude that the second of what is known as the rightly guided
caliphs ran an apostate regime that has forsaken Islam and masquerades its backward, contrived legal code as the law of Allah

Madina
Malik :: Book 45 : Hadith 45.5.18
Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Two deens shall not co-exist in the Arabian Peninsula."

Malik said that Ibn Shihab said, ''Umar ibn al-Khattab searched for information about that until he was absolutely convinced that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, had said, 'Two deens shall not co-exist in the Arabian Peninsula,' and he therefore expelled the jews from Khaybar."
The Book of Jihad and Expedition (Kitab Al-Jihad wa'l-Siyar)
Muslim :: Book 19 : Hadith 4366
It has been narrated by 'Umar b. al-Khattib that he heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslim.

Did you take your wife with you? Did you try to sing songs about Jesus? Did you challenge them about Mohammad being a prophet?

If you did none of those things you did not test the ability of that mosque to accommodate you, you simply walked in and looked around in the part they allow tourists to see, which is not the part that matters.
I saw people praying. Are you under the impression that there are "secret" areas?
Muslims honor Jesus, as a prophet, but not the son of God.
The Koran mentions Mary, mother of Jesus.

The odds that Jesus was more likely a prophet than the actual son of God are pretty good.

I guess the Jews dishonor Jesus too.

We Muslims know the Ground Zero mosque is meant to be a deliberate provocation

Do they not understand that building a mosque at Ground Zero is equivalent to permitting a Serbian Orthodox church near the killing fields of Srebrenica where 8,000 Muslim men and boys were slaughtered? There are many questions that we would like to ask. Questions about where the funding is coming from? If this mosque is being funded by Saudi sources, then it is an even bigger slap in the face of Americans, as nine of the jihadis in the Twin Tower calamity were Saudis.
If Rauf is serious about building bridges, then he could have dedicated space in this so-called community centre to a church and synagogue, but he did not. We passed on this message to him through a mutual Saudi friend, but received no answer. He could have proposed a memorial to the 9/11 dead with a denouncement of the doctrine of armed jihad, but he chose not to.

Mischief in Manhattan

Muslim Raheel Raza speaks out against Ground Zero Mosque on O’Reilly- The Right Scoop

As I have said before, there is no way I can support any effort to stop them, especially one that comes from the government. That does not change the fact that what they are doing is offensive, or that is it meant to be offensive. They view America as foolish and weak because we allow them to build this mosque where they attacked us. Let us remember why they are doing it, and allow the truth behind their actions to strengthen us and serve as a warning to us about their real purpose.

It's irrelevant.

And shouldn't your thread title be, ever wonder what a Muslim thinks about the mosque near ground zero?

A two-year study by a group of academics on American Muslims and terrorism concluded that contemporary mosques are actually a deterrent to the spread of militant Islam and terrorism. The study was conducted by professors with Duke’s Sanford School of Public Policy and the University of North Carolina. It disclosed that many mosque leaders had put significant effort into countering extremism by building youth programs, sponsoring antiviolence forums and scrutinizing teachers and texts.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/08/us/08mosque.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&hp

Forum List

Back