Empty Vessel, Barach Obama, best description yet.

An empty suit, sailing on an empty vessel. A sock-puppet if you will ... one who's strings are controlled by the likes of Soros, Pelosi and Reid. IMHO, Mr. Obama was never, and still isn't qualified for job of POTUS. He's in way over his head but hey ... he got the Noble Peace Prize, so that has to count for something. ( insert sarcasm and rolling eyes )

I find it interesting how whenever an Obama supporter is questioned about "accomplishments" and "reason for voting for Obama", the answer is usually a question like "why would you vote for a GOP candidtae" or "how can you be happy with the past 8 years"...but never answered with a concrete reason based on values and/or ideology....or even based on facts...

In essence, it seems Obama was the candidate of choice, for most, primarily as a vote of "no" for the opposition.

Now when we think back to the campaign, all we heard was "the last 8 years" and "he is thew same as Bush"....so it seems Obama's campaign tactic was spot on....and it worked.....and now his supporters are deflecting the dissapopintment in their vote by applying pure speculation when they say it would have been worse if I voted for the GOP...when, in fact, the reason Obama and his camp convinced the electorate that the GOP was NOT the way to go was their "spending" and "pork" and "lobbyists"...all of which have been expanded on by this administration....oh yes...and the wars.....and exactly what has changed with the wars?

Time to wake up folks....even I wanted Obama tro be a man of his word. I wanted wasteful spending out the door....I wanted a resolution to the wars...I wanted lobbyists out of the white house....I wanted true blue Americans thjat appreciate the values of America on the staff of the White House.....But I di not vote for Obama becuase I could not bring myself to believe the man. His campaign words just did not match his words of his book, his voting record....and to be frank....his associations really concerned me.

But as I said...time to suck it up and admit it was a mistake.....as the OP says...he is a puppet of the far left....and the public is still letting them get away with fuindamentally changing America.

I find it interesting how whenever an Obama supporter is questioned about "accomplishments" and "reason for voting for Obama", the answer is usually a question like "why would you vote for a GOP candidtae" or "how can you be happy with the past 8 years"...but never answered with a concrete reason based on values and/or ideology....or even based on facts...

In essence, it seems Obama was the candidate of choice, for most, primarily as a vote of "no" for the opposition.

Now when we think back to the campaign, all we heard was "the last 8 years" and "he is thew same as Bush"....so it seems Obama's campaign tactic was spot on....and it worked.....and now his supporters are deflecting the dissapopintment in their vote by applying pure speculation when they say it would have been worse if I voted for the GOP...when, in fact, the reason Obama and his camp convinced the electorate that the GOP was NOT the way to go was their "spending" and "pork" and "lobbyists"...all of which have been expanded on by this administration....oh yes...and the wars.....and exactly what has changed with the wars?

Time to wake up folks....even I wanted Obama tro be a man of his word. I wanted wasteful spending out the door....I wanted a resolution to the wars...I wanted lobbyists out of the white house....I wanted true blue Americans thjat appreciate the values of America on the staff of the White House.....But I di not vote for Obama becuase I could not bring myself to believe the man. His campaign words just did not match his words of his book, his voting record....and to be frank....his associations really concerned me.

But as I said...time to suck it up and admit it was a mistake.....as the OP says...he is a puppet of the far left....and the public is still letting them get away with fuindamentally changing America.

Round of applause!
:clap2:

I have been trying to figure out Obama now for going on 2 years. I almost voted for him, but then Rev Wright got in the way. I have been attempting to figure out his speeches as compared to his agenda. Nothing fits. What he says he is going to do and what he does are so different that it has been mind boggeling.

Tonight, I am watching Hannity and one of the guests called him an empty vessel. The reality hit me, he has no real agenda, he has no inner core of beliefs, he has no strong feeling one way or the other, he has no strong character, on any and all issues. Not the economy, not health care, not Iraq, not Afghanistan, not gay marraige, he is there as a puppet for the far left and that is all there is to this guy. He allows people to pull him this way and that way, never standing on firm ground and digging in his heels. He is a puppet for anyone he feels is stronger than the opposition. He reads a telepromter well but never means what he says. No integrity, no honor, no character are his standards, because he does not have any real leadership abilities on any and everything.

He is no leader, never has been, has no core convictions, not even with the far left and their agenda of legalizing gay marriage, he is nothing more than a puppet.

He is there with no core beliefs on everything an anything, he is like dust in the wind, being blown this way and that way, never standing firmly on any ground, being pushed here and there, with whoever is doing the pushing and pulling, attempting to appease everyone, including our enemy's, and never, not ever, making a stand on any issue, or any agenda. He is going to go down in history as the weakest President in history, beating out Jimmy Carter.

It's a very sad day when we, the American people, are fooled into voting for a person like this for the President of the United States of America. God , let's pray we can survive him.:eusa_shhh:

The fact that you watch the hate monger that is Sean Hannity tells me all I need to know about your partisan beliefs. By the way, has Hannity decided when he is going to be waterboarded for his favorite charity yet?

What a whiner. :lol:

The fact that you watch the hate monger that is Sean Hannity tells me all I need to know about your partisan beliefs. By the way, has Hannity decided when he is going to be waterboarded for his favorite charity yet?

Ya Yank, tell me why you voted for the community organizor and make it something more than I have been a life long democrat and ALWAYS vote in lock step with the democratic party. Tell me what he said or did, besides being the first black President and a democrat that got your attention, that made you vote for him. now be honest, what was it??????? What did he promise you that made you vote for him???????????????

Maple, I have seen enough of your hateful and partisan posts that I SHOULD know better than to attempt to have a real meaningful debate with you, but since you asked.

Prior to voting for Obama, I had never voted for a Democrat in my life. I am an Independent, and prefer to vote for the person I think will do the best job and not just vote along party lines. Hell, I even voted for Perot TWICE. I voted for Obama because I believed he was different than any previous politicians I have had the chance to vote for in the past, regardless of party affiliation. I am a fiscal conservative and many of his liberal ideas bother me. However, the impotency of the GOP over the past 8 years drove me away. They concentrated solely on a war that should never have been fought and cannot be won. They spent money like they were liberals and basically did NOTHING to make America any better. Obama wants (or so I believe) to make America better. He is willing to invest in our infrastructure rather than follow Dubya and DICK's plan of spending our money to destroy other countries for no reason, only to spend our money to go back and rebuild them after the fact.

He is dragging the country left.

How is that making it "better"?
The further left we go, the worse off the country is. Yet you and libs like you are oblivious.

I gave you the reason I voted for him plain and simple, his plan for students best represented my interests at the time.

Now when we think back to the campaign, all we heard was "the last 8 years" and "he is thew same as Bush"....so it seems Obama's campaign tactic was spot on....and it worked.....

If you can name one Presidential candidate in modern history that didn't run on the failures of the preceding president I'll sell you everything I have for a nickel. Fact is Obama had plenty more failures to run as did McCain because they were both running after a presidency that created a huge deficit, destroyed two nations, oversaw one of the worst economic collapses in our time, and people were just plain pissed off.

and now his supporters are deflecting the dissapopintment in their vote by applying pure speculation when they say it would have been worse if I voted for the GOP...when, in fact, the reason Obama and his camp convinced the electorate that the GOP was NOT the way to go was their "spending" and "pork" and "lobbyists"...all of which have been expanded on by this administration....oh yes...and the wars.....and exactly what has changed with the wars?

Before I make a decision about the mans over all first term as President I prefer to judge according to what this nation looks like in 2012 (and I know what's coming we won't have a nation by 2012 blah blah blah so go kill yourself). "Spending" and "pork" are trademarks of Americans and the west in general. That's why this nation's people are in debt up to their eyeballs theirs no self-control when it comes to reasonable purchase. As for the war, we don't know where these wars are going, the direction is unclear right now, but pretty sure we're not leaving either Iraq or Afghanistan any time soon... which I always expected. You've got to take the good with the bad with every American politician.

Associations never concern me... because I associate with alot of people that if I was to run for President, they'd crucify before I got out of the primaries of whatever sorry ass party I ran for. Look we'll have a quality President when Americans learn to vote for and then defend what the Hell they want, and then stick by it. Don't vote for the end of two wars and then crucify the President if he starts ordering troop withdrawls... silly stuff like that that Americans do. We're a strong nation with a weak mind. So we've got weak minded officials.

I gave you the reason I voted for him plain and simple, his plan for students best represented my interests at the time.

Now when we think back to the campaign, all we heard was "the last 8 years" and "he is thew same as Bush"....so it seems Obama's campaign tactic was spot on....and it worked.....

If you can name one Presidential candidate in modern history that didn't run on the failures of the preceding president I'll sell you everything I have for a nickel. Fact is Obama had plenty more failures to run as did McCain because they were both running after a presidency that created a huge deficit, destroyed two nations, oversaw one of the worst economic collapses in our time, and people were just plain pissed off.

and now his supporters are deflecting the dissapopintment in their vote by applying pure speculation when they say it would have been worse if I voted for the GOP...when, in fact, the reason Obama and his camp convinced the electorate that the GOP was NOT the way to go was their "spending" and "pork" and "lobbyists"...all of which have been expanded on by this administration....oh yes...and the wars.....and exactly what has changed with the wars?

Before I make a decision about the mans over all first term as President I prefer to judge according to what this nation looks like in 2012 (and I know what's coming we won't have a nation by 2012 blah blah blah so go kill yourself). "Spending" and "pork" are trademarks of Americans and the west in general. That's why this nation's people are in debt up to their eyeballs theirs no self-control when it comes to reasonable purchase. As for the war, we don't know where these wars are going, the direction is unclear right now, but pretty sure we're not leaving either Iraq or Afghanistan any time soon... which I always expected. You've got to take the good with the bad with every American politician.

Associations never concern me... because I associate with alot of people that if I was to run for President, they'd crucify before I got out of the primaries of whatever sorry ass party I ran for. Look we'll have a quality President when Americans learn to vote for and then defend what the Hell they want, and then stick by it. Don't vote for the end of two wars and then crucify the President if he starts ordering troop withdrawls... silly stuff like that that Americans do. We're a strong nation with a weak mind. So we've got weak minded officials.

Actually....you are the ONLY one who gave a valid answer.
I did not criticize Obama for running on the failures of his predecessor......I blkame those that voted for him that do not care that he is expanding on the exact failures he campaigned against...such as pork...spending...and lobbyists...

upotown....you said this.....

Associations never concern me... because I associate with alot of people that if I was to run for President, they'd crucify before I got out of the primaries of whatever sorry ass party I ran for.

But you did NOT run for president..He did....and HE is the one who said he should be defined by the people he surrounds hmself with

I have been trying to figure out Obama now for going on 2 years. I almost voted for him, but then Rev Wright got in the way. I have been attempting to figure out his speeches as compared to his agenda. Nothing fits. What he says he is going to do and what he does are so different that it has been mind boggeling.

Tonight, I am watching Hannity and one of the guests called him an empty vessel.....
My personal favorite metaphor comes from Little Lord Obammyroy himself, declaring that he is a blank screen onto which people project their own hopes and wants.
"I think the best description actually is in Barack's own book" Clinton said, "where he said that he is a blank screen and people of widely different views project what they want to hear."

Article : Clinton Compares Obama to a Blank Screen. And Then Admits The Same About Herself?

Actually....you are the ONLY one who gave a valid answer.
I did not criticize Obama for running on the failures of his predecessor......I blkame those that voted for him that do not care that he is expanding on the exact failures he campaigned against...such as pork...spending...and lobbyists...

That's all good sure. I don't blame anyone for anything anymore, including myself. I work, pay taxes, and enjoy life. Blaming people is so... liberal.:lol:

Associations never concern me... because I associate with alot of people that if I was to run for President, they'd crucify before I got out of the primaries of whatever sorry ass party I ran for.

But you did NOT run for president..He did....and HE is the one who said he should be defined by the people he surrounds hmself with

That was his mistake, and it's the mistake of people to believe that when your a person who actually does shit in the world you won't have to rub elbows with certain people you may not agree with or even want to be anywhere near to do what you want to do. I've hung around some shady characters to get what I want in life. I'm sure you have too. Life's just like that... relationships can get you places, especially with this economy, it's about who you know now-a-days so it helps to know alot of people... even if some of ain't the most upstanding of citizens.

How can you be a "fiscal conservative", and still support Obama's policies ? Those two postions are opposite to one another.

How can you be a fiscal conservative and support the "drunken sailor" spending of the GOP for the past 8 years?

Nice deflection there. I haven't claimed to be anything. I haven't said who I supported ever. I ASKED how YOU can claim to be a fiscal conservative and yet support the policies of Obama. I'm really looking to understand how Obama supporters think. I mean really, how can someone claim to stand for sound fiscal policy and not bat an eye at the trillions of dollars in borrowed money this administration is spending.

Looks like "Brave Sir Robin" VaYank5150 couldn't come up with an answer to that... Color me unsurprised...

Most libs who claim to be "independent" play the "deflect & spin" game when called on it...

Bottom line is, what is being proposed in DC cannot be sustained. The promises that are already hanging out there in terms of pension liabilities, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. are unfunded. I am still wiating for someone to address that BEFORE promising a new middle-class entitlement that will NEVER be met without MASSIVE tax hikes bringing the average Joe into the 70% tax range. We have promised too much to too many and it has to stop.

Get real folks.

We are not just talking about taxes for the proposed health care plan, just wait until we get Cap and Trade, our electric bills will skyrocket. Of course, Obama and the administration will say it's a utility increase, and not taxes, but it's the taxes on everything that is passed right back to us the consumer.

Yet, again today, he is up and in front of a partisan audience touting what he is going to do next with health care, cap and trade. The guy never stops to think that we can not afford to go down that road in this economy. The cap and trade is a job killer not a job maker.

I think you are referring to Reverend Wright, his relationship was much more than just an association. Obama wrote in his own biography, that Wright was a mentor, he married him and Michelle and baptized both of his girls. That relationship was much more than a mere association.

When you lay with pigs, you smell like one.

" A man is judged by the company he keeps."

I think you are referring to Reverend Wright, his relationship was much more than just an association. Obama wrote in his own biography, that Wright was a mentor, he married him and Michelle and baptized both of his girls. That relationship was much more than a mere association.

I don't even know my pastor like that. He baptized me... probably will marry me. I go to church. I go the f*ck home... like normal people.

I don't even know my pastor like that. He baptized me... probably will marry me. I go to church. I go the f*ck home... like normal people.

But you dont refer to your pastor as your mentor...and you were not called on it...and you did not deny knowing about a man that everyone else in the congregation knew about him...and you were not asking for people to trust you as the most powerful man in the land.

Back to work.

But you dont refer to your pastor as your mentor...and you were not called on it...and you did not deny knowing about a man that everyone else in the congregation knew about him...and you were not asking for people to trust you as the most powerful man in the land.

Back to work.

I think the crime that Obama commited here was lying by saying the old rev was his mentor to sound more religious.

Are you serious??? Are you really brain dead enough to NOT know how many people voted for the candidate who would be ANTI-Bush???

Are you serious??? Are you really brain dead enough to NOT know how many people voted for the candidate who would be ANTI-Bush???

YOU must be the braindead one if that is how you read my post. I clarified that point for those that were braindead...I did not act surprised by that fact.
The problem is, he is now doing what he chastised Bush for...but to a higher degree...and his supporters dont even realize that such was the reason they voted for him to begin with...so they defend him as opposewd to saying "wait a minute...I voted for you so you can CHANGE Washington"...instead they say..."well, another republican would have been just as bad"....

YOU must be the braindead one if that is how you read my post. I clarified that point for those that were braindead...I did not act surprised by that fact.
The problem is, he is now doing what he chastised Bush for...but to a higher degree...and his supporters dont even realize that such was the reason they voted for him to begin with...so they defend him as opposewd to saying "wait a minute...I voted for you so you can CHANGE Washington"...instead they say..."well, another republican would have been just as bad"....

No. Sarah Palin would have been twice as bad....

Forum List

Back