Empirical Falsification Of the CAGW meme.

If it is absorbing and retaining energy it is becoming warm...and it doesn't evaporate till such time as it is warmer than the air....you really don't get any of this do you? Ever see fog coming off warm water when the air is cool" You think the evaporated water is colder than the air?
? You are the one who has a bizarre idea of what thermodynamics actually is. You don't understand the real science of SLoT.

The second law of thermodynamics says that energy can not move spontaneously from cool to warm and in your bizarre world you believe that energy is not only moving spontaneously from the cooler surface of the sun to the corona, but is actually warming the corona...with no work being done... Clearly it is you who has the bizarre ideas and lacks any sort of understanding.

So you think some how comparing two entirely different things...what I said vs what you are arguing against somehow will result in you being right" Never going to happen...
Similes are never "right" they are just similar examples.

Guess you have to resort to that since you can't actually argue against my position.

The second law of thermodynamics says that energy can not move spontaneously from cool to warm and in your bizarre world you believe that energy is not only moving spontaneously from the cooler surface of the sun to the corona, but is actually warming the corona...with no work being done... Clearly it is you who has the bizarre ideas and lacks any sort of understanding.
Physics says there is energy exchange. But with the constraint that the SLoT must be followed.

What is happening in reality is the result of some mechanism....that is what this is all about...the mechanisms...and again, being able to predict an outcome doesn't mean that you have even the slightest grasp of the mechanism.
Just because you don't understand the mechanism doesn't mean science doesn't either.

Example...we can predict how quickly an object will fall...we can predict in what direction it will fall...we can predict its rate of acceleration...and we can predict its speed at impact...can you or science describe the mechanism by which gravity operates? Of course not...because we don't know...Can we theorize some mechanism that will mesh with observation? Of course we can...but is the theoretical mechanism real? NO...not until such time as we have the means to observe the mechanism itself.

Physics says there is energy exchange. But with the constraint that the SLoT must be followed.

So in what bizarro world does a 5000 degree radiator spontaneously heat its surroundings to over a million degrees and remain within the constraints of the 2nd law which states that energy can't spontaneously move from cool to warm?

What is happening in reality is the result of some mechanism....that is what this is all about...the mechanisms...and again, being able to predict an outcome doesn't mean that you have even the slightest grasp of the mechanism.
Just because you don't understand the mechanism doesn't mean science doesn't either.

Example...we can predict how quickly an object will fall...we can predict in what direction it will fall...we can predict its rate of acceleration...and we can predict its speed at impact...can you or science describe the mechanism by which gravity operates? Of course not...because we don't know...Can we theorize some mechanism that will mesh with observation? Of course we can...but is the theoretical mechanism real? NO...not until such time as we have the means to observe the mechanism itself.
You just described what physics is about. Discussions about reality are for theologians or philosophers.

So in what bizarro world does a 5000 degree radiator spontaneously heat its surroundings to over a million degrees and remain within the constraints of the 2nd law which states that energy can't spontaneously move from cool to warm?
None of course. Except you should be talking about net energy.

Guess you have to resort to that since you can't actually argue against my position.
Similes aren't an argument. They are a means of expression.

So now you aren't even trying to argue against my position...you are just expressing something. Something without the first piece of observed evidence in support? Great. Does it make you feel better about holding a position of faith rather than a position of evidence?

So you believe the corona is the radiator?

So now you aren't even trying to argue against my position...you are just expressing something. Something without the first piece of observed evidence in support? Great. Does it make you feel better about holding a position of faith rather than a position of evidence?
Cut the crap. I was using similes when I was talking to IanC. Your digressions are simply not worth pursuing.

Maybe we can continue this discussion when you read up on physics and learn what thermodynamics actually is.

Maybe we can continue this discussion when you read up on physics and learn what thermodynamics actually is.

I wondered how long it would take before you ran away....I had little doubt as to the reason you would claim that you were going to stop...

Now go look yourself in the mirror and admit that you hold a positon of faith...not actual evidence.....the honesty will free you and you will feel so much better.

You have missed the absorbing enough energy to facilitate phase change....the phase change doesn't always happen at the same temperature...again...fail on the basics.
It is still cold moving to warm.

If it is absorbing and retaining energy it is becoming warm...and it doesn't evaporate till such time as it is warmer than the air....you really don't get any of this do you? Ever see fog coming off warm water when the air is cool" You think the evaporated water is colder than the air?

If it is absorbing and retaining energy it is becoming warm...and it doesn't evaporate till such time as it is warmer than the air.

Cool water absorbing energy from warm air can become warmer than the air?
Wow!!!
Tell me more.

? You are the one who has a bizarre idea of what thermodynamics actually is. You don't understand the real science of SLoT.

The second law of thermodynamics says that energy can not move spontaneously from cool to warm

Great, so how is it moving from the surface to the corona?

you believe that energy is not only moving spontaneously from the cooler surface of the sun to the corona, but is actually warming the corona...

Who said the surface warmed the corona? Where? Link?

So you believe the corona is the radiator?

The surface and the corona both radiate, despite your confusion about the 2nd Law.

Toddster has made fun of you for years over the Sun's surface and Corona. You say the cooler object stops radiating if it is in the vicinity of a hot one. According to YOU, the Sun's surface should not be radiating, it should be invisible.

Obviously that is not the reality. YOU have not explained why this is an exception although it is simple enough to do so.

If you did try it would end up in another absurdity that proves your interpretation wrong. So you don't answer.

I wondered how long it would take before you ran away....I had little doubt as to the reason you would claim that you were going to stop...

Now go look yourself in the mirror and admit that you hold a positon of faith...not actual evidence.....the honesty will free you and you will feel so much better.

Now that's one of your more trollish remarks. You exhibit a propensity for those kinds of childish posts.

Toddster has made fun of you for years over the Sun's surface and Corona. You say the cooler object stops radiating if it is in the vicinity of a hot one. According to YOU, the Sun's surface should not be radiating, it should be invisible.

Toddster,, is just to stupid to understand the concept of applying spontaneous to energy movement...guess you are too.

Now that's one of your more trollish remarks. You exhibit a propensity for those kinds of childish posts.

When I am talking to a child, I try to put things on a level they can understand. Don't want to be talked to like a child..don't act like one.

Forum List

Back