Eat more Meat.

My daughter flew over to visit me in the US. She had gone full-on vegan since the last time I'd seen her. The whole household ended up eating that way. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Three of us went out one day, to Chick-fil-A in protest.

Did you order a Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich?

Those are awesome.

My daughter flew over to visit me in the US. She had gone full-on vegan since the last time I'd seen her. The whole household ended up eating that way. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Three of us went out one day, to Chick-fil-A in protest.

Did you order a Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich?

Those are awesome.

I kept it as simple as possible. No 'additions'.

They were most obliging.

You can get a full protein from beans and a carb.

But veganism is mostly smarmy bullcrap. If someone doesn't want to eat animals, fine. That's their business. But the overbearing morally-superior lecturing from these people is as annoying as fuck.

That doesn't mean you should go and eat steak every meal of the day - fish is generally better for you. But meats have certain minerals your body needs.

They can do what they like, and I even like some of their food. But it's the proselytising I can't stand. And the quoting of facts and figures, like reading from a spread sheet.

If Nature had wanted humans not to eat meat, we wouldn't be able to digest it and use it. And mammals, by definition, are designed to eat animal products, since that is the primary quality about them that gains them the name "mammals".

780.jpg

You HAVE heard of the concept of species differentiation, right? I mean, you get that being related to apes isn't the same as BEING one?

Sorry, but that's one of the most idiotic memes I've ever seen. Vegetables do not have a brain or a nervous system. Fruits and veggies are meant to be eaten, they were designed to be food. If you want to hear screams of horror and terror, watch some slaughterhouse videos.

Sorry, but that's one of the most idiotic memes I've ever seen. Vegetables do not have a brain or a nervous system. Fruits and veggies are meant to be eaten, they were designed to be food. If you want to hear screams of horror and terror, watch some slaughterhouse videos.

Moral equivalence. You want me to watch slaughterhouse vids? I've heard pigs squealing en route to death.

Lettuces screaming have actually been recorded.

But I'm not militant about it all. I eat what there is.

If Nature had wanted humans not to eat meat, we wouldn't be able to digest it and use it. And mammals, by definition, are designed to eat animal products, since that is the primary quality about them that gains them the name "mammals".

If we're going by the biblical perspective, we were not originally designed to be meat eaters. According to the Bible, God originally designed both humans and animals to be herbivores. (Genesis 1:29-30)

If we're going by the biblical perspective, we were not originally designed to be meat eaters. According to the Bible, God originally designed both humans and animals to be herbivores. (Genesis 1:29-30)

You must bear in mind we can only have this argument due to abundance.

Speaking to people who lived through WW2 and food rationing, they had to eat what was available.

They don't drink milk.

:disbelief: How the heck to you eat a Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie without MILK?!? :CryingCow:

Sorry... imfuckingpossible! :eek2yum:

They drink either soy milk or some sort of nut milk.

Yes, you SHOULD be weeping at that thought.

With all due respect, I think you have it backwards. Dairy is the worst, arguably even worse than eating meat.

Here's something everyone should watch:

So let me see: I'm going to listen to Nature, which designs humans and other mammals to feed their young milk produced by their own (animal) bodies, or I'm going to listen to you, who declares yourself MUCH smarter than Nature, with absolutely no proof that you're even sentient.

Decisions, decisions . . .

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Romans 14:2 - For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

I honestly don't know if I should spit on you for the logical fallacy of appeal to authority, for being an utter dumbass, or for being a hypocrite. I am genuinely torn with indecision.

I will ask, however, who it was who said ANYTHING about 'the Biblical perspective". I'm talking biology, Mensa Girl.

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

We were talking about God's original design. Meat eating didn't come until hundreds of years later, after the flood. Meat eating was never God's idea, and one view on the verse you posted is that God gave us over to what our weak sinful flesh wanted. There's much much more to be said about that, but the point is that it is definitely not God's original design.

I honestly don't know if I should spit on you for the logical fallacy of appeal to authority, for being an utter dumbass, or for being a hypocrite. I am genuinely torn with indecision.

I will ask, however, who it was who said ANYTHING about 'the Biblical perspective". I'm talking biology, Mensa Girl.

Humans are omnivores. That's a biological fact.

The only reason I brought up the biblical perspective is because I was under the impression that you are a Bible believing Christian. I would not have said that to someone who was an atheist or non Christian.

We were talking about God's original design. Meat eating didn't come until hundreds of years later, after the flood. Meat eating was never God's idea, and one view on the verse you posted is that God gave us over to what our weak sinful flesh wanted. There's much much more to be said about that, but the point is that it is definitely not God's original design.

If you have an empty belly, you don't ponder such things.

Were you there?

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't recognize you as an authority on God's intentions nor upon human biology.

Forum List

Back