Draft: Would you go?

I was drafted for a senseless war in 1970.

IMO, the draft should only be utilized if our country is attacked and we need to defend our borders.

No to the draft for foreign intervention wars. .. :cool:

Last edited:
At 38 I'm probably long in the tooth, but my education (Chemical Engineering) would probably flag me for the leaky suit brigade, and the age requirements for that don't matter as much.

I would go.

In '72 I had a very low lottery number so I enlisted before I was drafted.

I like making my own choices. It worked out well.

I believe every young person should serve.

So if the country had a draft today to fight in the Middle East, would you go?

No. All wars eventually end, and so far, former enemies always become friends. Instead of going to war and making the corporations who provide everything used in them richer, how about instead we try pretending we had the war, and now move on to the being friends part?

Only justifiable war today is one against an alien invasion force threatening everyone. Fighting amongst ourselves is fucking stupid.

No. All wars eventually end, and so far, former enemies always become friends. Instead of going to war and making the corporations who provide everything used in them richer, how about instead we try pretending we had the war, and now move on to the being friends part?

Only justifiable war today is one against an alien invasion force threatening everyone. Fighting amongst ourselves is fucking stupid.

So you would head for Canada?

So you would head for Canada?

Nah, not a fan of the cold. I'm from California so would look for some equatorial sorta destination. Though I've been here in Missouri 14 years, I still have my California IDs. I'm kinda in denial. :)

Forum List

Back