NFL Mock Draft

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I can't remember a more loaded draft in a long time, in fact, every player in this guys mock draft in the first round is super talented, of course some of these guys won't work out, but on paper, most all of these guys had either an amazing college career or just a great season last year, you can see their stats for last season in the draft order.

I'm a little surprised Penix is going to be so devalued, he is a natural leader and has a good strong arm. Can't see the Raiders landing him. Interesting, though, that Baltimore traded back into the 1st round to get Lamar Jackson.

Last edited:
I can't remember a more loaded draft in a long time, in fact, every player in this guys mock draft in the first round is super talented, of course some of these guys won't work out, but on paper, most all of these guys had either an amazing college career or just a great season last year, you can see their stats for last season in the draft order.

I'm a little surprised Penix is going to be so devalued, he is a natural leader and has a good strong arm. Can't see the Raiders landing him. Interesting, though, that Baltimore traded back into the 1st round to get Lamar Jackson.

Lamar has had good teams. At some point he has to get into the Super bowl. Some players hit a plateau. The Ravens this year was there for the taking.

Lamar has had good teams. At some point he has to get into the Super bowl. Some players hit a plateau. The Ravens this year was there for the taking.
Lamar choked, big game experience wins in the end, Brady and Mahomes have it, no other QBs compare to those two.

As bad an offense as Mahomes had, he had the confidence to go on the road and beat less confident QBs.

Lamar choked, big game experience wins in the end, Brady and Mahomes have it, no other QBs compare to those two.

As bad an offense as Mahomes had, he had the confidence to go on the road and beat less confident QBs.
The Wide Receiver on the Ravens had no self-control and cost them 7 points on a drive. The next drive Lamar moved the all and force a throw on an interception near or in the endzone. Most likely would not have done it if they scored the 7 points before. And at least 3 points on the drive he threw an interception. People only remember the wins. Not how it was done except for the fans affected.

Lamar threw into the endzone into triple coverage. That is a rookie mistake, not something a veteran should do.
I believe if they score the touchdown the drive before where the WR made two boneheaded plays, and got the ball back, he would not have done that. I do understand what you are saying though. Lamar could have won, and he put them in position twice and came up with nothing.

Drafting a QB in the first round is a gamble. Most of them are not ready to be a starting QB.

Forum List

Back