Don't get on a professor's bad side

It is really sad that a lot college professors seem take out their anger on students. I've observed this at least once and unfortunately teachers get away with it because it is hard to catch. A way a teacher can screw over a student they don't like is to nit pick your test to death until an A becomes a C. I want to know if anyone else has ever observed this happening before?
For the most part college profs don't care that much about their students as to plot against them

You underestimate how arrogant and prickly professors can be. Especially young ones who are getting paid shit and have only their egos to justify all the time and money they have sunk into getting where they are.
If you got a prof so pissed off at you that he takes the time and effort to sabotage your grades then you have no one to blame but yourself

All profs want you to basically affirm their opinions and half of getting good grades in college is knowing that fact

It is really sad that a lot college professors seem take out their anger on students. I've observed this at least once and unfortunately teachers get away with it because it is hard to catch. A way a teacher can screw over a student they don't like is to nit pick your test to death until an A becomes a C. I want to know if anyone else has ever observed this happening before?
For the most part college profs don't care that much about their students as to plot against them

You underestimate how arrogant and prickly professors can be. Especially young ones who are getting paid shit and have only their egos to justify all the time and money they have sunk into getting where they are.
If you got a prof so pissed off at you that he takes the time and effort to sabotage your grades then you have no one to blame but yourself

All profs want you to basically affirm their opinions and half of getting good grades in college is knowing that fact

That is so fucking true. I went to community college and I can tell you the teachers were way different. You could actually ask questions without them getting all offended by it and most professors I have met weren't that bright to begin with. It made me wonder how they got their PHD.

I can say the same thing about bosses as well. Don't get on their bad side at all because they will remember for the rest of their life so if you happen to look at them wrong or said something that upset them then you are screwed on the job. Human beings are such fickle creatures.

The big problem in teaching is that they are unwilling to pay teachers a lot of money. It is a hard job that requires a lot of skills but the pay sometimes doesn't make it worth it and it is probably the number one reason why teachers want to quit. One day companies that employee people will figure out that if you pay as low as you can possibly get away with then you are going to get the worst employees possible.

What this chat is about reminds me of the girl who made the news not too long ago about this very subject. She actually recorded her teacher's every harsh word towards her because she had a habit of recording his teaching so that she could hear him again when doing her studying at home. Obviously he wasn't aware at the time that she had such a habit. I wonder how things panned out for her and him. I can't remember if he was fired or if she got in trouble for recording him because in some states, it is illegal to record people without their consent. I don't remember where this took place.

God bless you and the girl always!!!

Holly

P.S. Hopefully the man was fired because he obviously had no business being a teacher if he was going to have such an attitude towards the students in his class, not to mention a complete lack of patience with them.

In a situation where knowing how the system works and using it to one's advantage can work wonders when you've managed to piss off a professor, purposefully or not. The department Deans and Board of Trustees hate bad press........ and lawyers....... Especially if you're an A, Deans List student...... It helps not to be afraid of them.

Forum List

Back