Don't get on a professor's bad side

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
It is really sad that a lot college professors seem take out their anger on students. I've observed this at least once and unfortunately teachers get away with it because it is hard to catch. A way a teacher can screw over a student they don't like is to nit pick your test to death until an A becomes a C. I want to know if anyone else has ever observed this happening before?

The idea is basically BS. It happens very rarely. Most professors don't have the time, energy or inclination to take out some sort of revenge on a student they don't like. The myth that they do was created by students who didn't get the grades they wanted. Period.

The idea is basically BS. It happens very rarely. Most professors don't have the time, energy or inclination to take out some sort of revenge on a student they don't like. The myth that they do was created by students who didn't get the grades they wanted. Period.

Students who work hard, are intelligent and diligent, who understand what is wanted in the course material covered, turn in work on time having done it thoroughly and thoughtfully, those student get good grades. It may not be the grade they wanted, but it is the grade they deserve. If any student disagrees with a grade and believes it is unfair, that person can go to the head of the department and have the grade reviewed. If they are still unhappy, they can go to the administration of the college.

The idea professors punish students they don't like with bad grades is a myth created and perpetuated by students who didn't get the grades they wanted. It's that simple.

It's also a very good idea to NOT tell a Chef his food probably sucks BEFORE he cooks it for you.
Hawwwwwwwwwwwwk.......spit.

Know what I mean, vern?

It's also a very good idea to NOT tell a Chef his food probably sucks BEFORE he cooks it for you.

Know what I mean, vern?
Another myth. I have worked in many restaurants, and that just is a flat out myth. I worked my way through 6 years of university working in restaurants.

I have also worked as a university professor, as a teaching fellow in graduate school, and have worked and associated very closely with professors and other university teaching staff. Most just don't have the thoughts to spare taking out some sort of revenge or acting out a vendetta on an unpleasant student or a student who has disagreed with them. I know because I've been there: you have so many papers to read, you don't pay any attention to the name on the paper until you have finished grading the paper and have to record the grade. There just isn't time, and for most professors, there simply isn't the will to make an issue of an unpleasant student by giving him/her a bad grade.

As well, any student who believes a grade to be unfair can go to the department chair and make a formal complaint. If the student still feels he/she is not being treated fairly, he/she can go to the college administration and make yet more complaints.

Professors are not there to take out personal vendettas on students. They just don't care about it the way students do. They don't take it personally the way students do.

Professors are not there to take out personal vendettas on students. They just don't care about it the way students do. They don't take it personally the way students do.

:lmao:
You were evidently a weak student and have a persecution complex against teachers and professors.

Wrong again.
Doubt it.

Nonetheless, you are wrong AGAIN.

It is really sad that a lot college professors seem take out their anger on students. I've observed this at least once and unfortunately teachers get away with it because it is hard to catch. A way a teacher can screw over a student they don't like is to nit pick your test to death until an A becomes a C. I want to know if anyone else has ever observed this happening before?
For the most part college profs don't care that much about their students as to plot against them

For the most part college profs don't care that much about their students as to plot against them

You underestimate how arrogant and prickly professors can be. Especially young ones who are getting paid shit and have only their egos to justify all the time and money they have sunk into getting where they are.

:lmao:
You were evidently a weak student and have a persecution complex against teachers and professors.

Wrong again.
Doubt it.

Nonetheless, you are wrong AGAIN.

I was a strong student, and I teach at the college and high school level.

I'll give you a minute to pull your foot out of your mouth.

Nope. I did have a prof that wrote a text book that we used--pretty normal. The problem was I had found data that contradicted hers. So, yeah, AND I had found it in a text book written by another professor, in another state where she wasn't a bigwig AND I brought it to her attention. Now, in my defense, I truly wanted to know how the data was collected because it had an impact on public perception and it was done privately without malicious intent and I did not share this information with anyone in her class. It made the rest of the course miserable. The next year she had become an advisor.

My saving grace was that this woman was notoriously disorganized. She refused to allow someone else to set her appointments. Multiple times students were standing outside her office and she did not bother to show up. She was utter bullshit. She did not take it out on my grades and I doubt very seriously she could even manage to remember who I was. She had been fighting to set up her own department where she could be the head. There was just a bunch of egotistical crap. Not only did the other profs know it but they commented on it. She was petty and vindictive and had she been a bit more organized then she could have made my life a living hell for that reason. Instead she made a lot of students lives a living hell due to her disorganization. It wasn't personal she just sucked all the way around.

Last edited:
We have 2 PhD that are professors,and a daughter that teaches at a high school in NC .
They are people the same as anyone ,with the same human flaws that everyone has.claiming the there isn't any professors being human is just laughable.

We have 2 PhD that are professors,and a daughter that teaches at a high school in NC .
They are people the same as anyone ,with the same human flaws that everyone has.claiming the there isn't any professors being human is just laughable.

Yep. You either fall in love with the material, the professor (in a nonsexual way) or ride out the course.

Know what I mean, vern?
Another myth. I have worked in many restaurants, and that just is a flat out myth. I worked my way through 6 years of university working in restaurants.

I have also worked as a university professor, as a teaching fellow in graduate school, and have worked and associated very closely with professors and other university teaching staff. Most just don't have the thoughts to spare taking out some sort of revenge or acting out a vendetta on an unpleasant student or a student who has disagreed with them. I know because I've been there: you have so many papers to read, you don't pay any attention to the name on the paper until you have finished grading the paper and have to record the grade. There just isn't time, and for most professors, there simply isn't the will to make an issue of an unpleasant student by giving him/her a bad grade.

As well, any student who believes a grade to be unfair can go to the department chair and make a formal complaint. If the student still feels he/she is not being treated fairly, he/she can go to the college administration and make yet more complaints.

Myth?

What world you live in? My 1st wife was a waitress forever...

Forum List

Back