Doesn't this war just breed more terrorism and ensure the lose of American Life?

Originally posted by freeandfun1
there are only two companies in the world that can do what Haliburton does and one of them is a French company, that, by the way, is majority owned by Haliburton.

even more reason to "justify" a war.

Also, did you know that Lady Bird Johnson is the largest private shareholder of Haliburton? She owns 19%. So much for your "right-wing" conspiracies...... [/B][/QUOTE]

I did not know this, very interesting. I am not trying to blame this on the right wing though. As I stated before i think the whole goverment needs a giant douche. I respect many right winged point of views as I detest many as well. I do think that this government, Elephant ass holes and Donkey dicks alike, are controlled by a handfull of rich ivy legue frat boys. I disagree with the frat boys justify killing people for greed, be it Clinton or Bush

Asia times...

There is another USA Today poll site that I atatched as a hyper link. The polls are very comprehensive. Some people agree with what we are doing, and some people want to kill us more. exluding the kurds 80% of Iraqi's view us as occupyers, AS OPPOSED TO LIBERATERS. yes we are physically occupying the space defined as Iraq there is no question about that, but again the negative conotations associated with armies occupying countries does no good for the WOT especially in countries that already hate us.

"And for the original premise of this thread, the "Let's not make the terrorists even angrier than they already are." Ummm, the repair shop just called and your brain is ready!"

You don't explain your oppinion you just bash mine.

Also, the neck berg beheading was stated by the terrorist as something that was retaliatin for something we did. This is an example of what I am talking about. What we are doing may be right to the right or left, but to a desolate muslim community it is unjustified murder that breeds hate. After this war is over there will be two parallel news tickers on the bottom of every channel. One for the senseless murder in Isreal/Palistine and one for the sensless killing in New America/ Iraq.

If the policy of appeasment is bankrupt, then the policy of uncontrolled agression is in debt. Ask the Israli's there good at banking.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
ASIA TIMES is what you're using as truth?

Jeeeeezuuz..... :rolleyes:

What is your beef with Asia Times? Racist?

I travel to Asia a lot and it (Asia Times) is probably read by more people than any US publication....

And if you think US media sources are not biased..... LMFAO!

LMFAO

Dude, your point wasn't WORTH a response- even though others & I have ripped it to shreds MANY times before.

I rarely abuse people on the board, but you seem to have a kinky obsession with wanting abuse hurled upon you. I'm sorry, but you are such a fu*king DUPE! So, Nick Berg- btw: I hope you calling him "NEck" Berg was NOT some terrorist-sympathizing joke.- getting beheaded was only because of the "scandal" at the "Panties 'R' Us" Prison? Ummmm, the guy who killed him was named Zarqawi. Ummmmm, his profession is, ummmmmmmm, being a, ummmmmmm

TERRORIST!

Don't you fu*king GET IT? HE IS A T E R R O R I S T!!!! Spell it with me!

T
E
R
R
O
R
I
S
T

He likes to kill lots & lots of people! That's his job, his mission, his cause, his LOVE! DEATH & DESTRUCTION!

Terrorists like Zarqawi & bin Laden don't NEED an excuse! The fact that you bought his lies is a sign of how pathetic you America haters are, going to ANY length to discredit & destroy this country.

So, this was all about Abu Ghraib?

What about him & those of his filthy terrorist ilk blowing up numerous INNOCENT Iraqi men, women, & children?

What about the Fallujah massacre?

What about Daniel Pearl?

What about the '93 WTC bombing?

'83 Lebanon?

The African embassies?

Khobar Towers?

USS Cole?

And.......9/11?

Even though my first impression was that you are a 12 year old- or a college professor- I am sensing something a bit more sinister:
Either you are a VERY crafty & sarcastic Republican, or the poster child for the LFTAA[ Liberals for Future Terrorist Attacks on America].

damn.

Just when I thought it was safe too....

Originally posted by SPIKESMYGOD

TERRORIST!

What about the Fallujah massacre?

What about Daniel Pearl?

What about the '93 WTC bombing?

'83 Lebanon?

The African embassies?

Khobar Towers?

USS Cole?

And.......9/11?

Thanks! We need to be reminded from time to time.

Originally posted by Insertalias
Also, the neck berg beheading was stated by the terrorist as something that was retaliatin for something we did. This is an example of what I am talking about. What we are doing may be right to the right or left, but to a desolate muslim community it is unjustified murder that breeds hate.

I think perhaps the 'neck' was Freudian, but just a thought. Pretty hard to claim the moral equivalency of this and the prison, but even if one is lame enough to go there, the beheading appears to predate the claim of retaliation.

Originally posted by Kathianne
I think perhaps the 'neck' was Freudian, but just a thought. Pretty hard to claim the moral equivalency of this and the prison, but even if one is lame enough to go there, the beheading appears to predate the claim of retaliation.

actually, theres months of documentation and investigation that indicate the prison abuses were occurring.

Actually it goes back before 3 months, rather his point was they claimed the beheading was for the prison abuses that were then breaking via pics. Didn't matter that the abuse had stopped.

Nevertheless, if one is of the mindset that one wrong makes up for another, regardless of the severity, I guess you are comfortable with it, as is Insertalias, not me.

Actually it goes back before 3 months, rather his point was they claimed the beheading was for the prison abuses that were then breaking via pics. Didn't matter that the abuse had stopped.

Nevertheless, if one is of the mindset that one wrong makes up for another, regardless of the severity, I guess you are comfortable with it, as is Insertalias, not me.

I now understand what you meant about the time table. thanks

as for two wrongs make a right, no. I'm not comfortable with that.

You may be a 'pissed off liberal' but you are mostly a reasonable and logical one. Your wife is funnier though!

Plus, they killed him before the "news" had broken about the prirsoner abuse.....

Taking Dictation from Terror. Before we leave Berg, we should note that a vast number of news outlets reported as a fact that he was murdered "in retaliation for" the Abu Ghraib abuses. That was the terrorists' own justification, of course: They shrewdly judged that the American and Western media would eagerly publish the headlines they had dictated. And they were right. For the "retaliation" explanation transfers the blame for Berg's death from the actual murderers onto George W. Bush and the U.S. As the sharp-eyed Australian blogger, Tim Blair, pointed out, however, the terrorists abducted Berg about two weeks before the Abu Ghraib scandal surfaced. Was that abduction in retaliation for something else? Or were they simply gifted with astonishing foresight? Incidentally, the media's behavior in this case — in addition to being bone-headedly biased — is a rare genuine example of "blaming the victim." But not a single editor seems to have been restrained by the fact.
LINK

"Terrorists like Zarqawi & bin Laden don't NEED an excuse!"

No they don't but when you give them one they will use it to spread thier cause. That is what I am questioning.

"The fact that you bought his lies is a sign of how pathetic you America haters are, going to ANY length to discredit & destroy this country."

First of it was a fruedian slip, and I do not sympathize with terrorist ass wipes. I am not defending terrorism. I don't hate America. This country was founded on questioning authority and one of the things that makes America so amazing is that we are allowed to voice are concern for puplic policy. That is why it pisses me off so much when people say questioning the war is un American and disagreement with bush's policies is sympathising with terrorists.

"What about him & those of his filthy terrorist ilk blowing up numerous INNOCENT Iraqi men, women, & children?...what about 9/11"

Yes the terrorist are evil and should be brought to justice. But if you are trying to put out a flame don't use fire. You can not justify killing innocent people to stop the killing of innocent people. Don't you think that when 9/11 was masterminded it was done so with the intent to bring America into a war against muslim countries?

My god I and others have said it many times and I especially have, not to toot my own horn. intimate knowledge with the way these guys think.

It simply amazes me that there still exists people who believe that terrorism will be defeated by negotiation and winning of hearts and minds! As if sitting down with these guys over a falafel and tea and hammering out our differences will ever happen. These guys understand POWER, FORCE AND DEATH! Thats it! They see our reluctance to crush them and our infighting as weakness and they laugh at our silly pc bullshit about civilian casualties like it an episode of the Benny Hill Show. God when will the madness end!

Well I wonder what it is you are proposing to do about the evil terrorists? Sing Kumbaya? Send the Peace Corps? Get Kofi to give them a job in the Oil for Food Program?

What is YOUR idea of a solution?

Well I wonder what it is you are proposing to do about the evil terrorists? Sing Kumbaya? Send the Peace Corps? Get Kofi to give them a job in the Oil for Food Program?

What is YOUR idea of a solution?

You won't get an answer, you never do. The people in this country that think like "Insertalias" don't have an alternate solution. They just go on and on about how evil we are and how we brought this on ourselves. Then they blame "shrub":D

Forum List

Back