Does the GOP believe in a God of intolerance?

As a Presidential candidate Obama once said .'we are no longer a Christian nation; we are now a Nation of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, . .'

There's nothing wrong with that. Yet his remarks went viral on the internet. Religious intolerant right-wing zealots went crazy. They simply could not believe that a Presidential candidate could say something so "outrageous". After all, some claimed, our forefathers fought to make this a Christian nation. There was even an email being circulated, telling Christians to come out in force and vote against Obama. The email claimed that God himself would keep Obama from becoming President.

Well, guess what?

What God is this anyway?

Is it the same God the rest of us know of? One doesn't even have to be a Christian to know that it is not. What is it about the religious right that they can't tolerate those of differing faiths? What happens inside of them that they are so outraged over a Presidential candidate stating the truth about this country?

We are not just a Christian nation.

Well it's another election cycle and the GOP is courting the religious right. With Huckabee out of the picture, that's to be expected I guess. We can look forward to yet another election where the GOP God will rear it's ugly head. The quest for Christian dominion over the US continues. Even though the head of the beast has been chopped off, it's evil influences is still a threat. And it's followers won't be happy until we eliminate pesky concepts like "separation of Church and State". They won't be happy regardless really. Inflicting their intolerance in all aspects of our society just gives them some sort of twisted pleasure.

Better enjoy this much needed reprieve from their insanity while we can.

Talk about insanity, do you really believe this crap you post?

We all know that "Good Christians" love everybody indiscriminately, all the time. No exceptions.

Lol...

The one aspect of Christianity that most anti-Christians never understand is the acceptance that all men fall short of the glory of God, no matter who they are. So Christianity is a matter of doing your best, being sorry about what you don't do right, and try to get as much of it right as possible intentionally, because we all un-intentionally fuck up.

Just saying. There's something about that that you only understand if you believe, I guess. Holy Spirit stuff.

The most recent Fire & Brimstone type Christians in public discourse...

1. The lunatic who decided that to show the Muslims a lesson, or America, that he should burn the Koran.
2. The raving lunatic that said that the Rapture is coming, and has come, at this point.
3. The raving lunatics that go around American's funerals protesting saying "God hates fags" etc. so therefore is punishing America by killing people/soldiers/fags/destroying cities, etc.

These are all RWers.

I challenge anyone to produce a Fire and Brimstone type Christian that's on the left.

You should me a Fire and Brimstone type Christian and I'll show you a rabid RW Christian.

End of story.

Rev. Wright.
that's not fire and brimstone...whites just don't like to hear those sorts of truths as it reminds them of their past.

Nice try though.

:)

Remember, those whites who you scorn for slavery and oppression were mostly democrats

Rev. Wright.
that's not fire and brimstone...whites just don't like to hear those sorts of truths as it reminds them of their past.

Nice try though.

Remember, those whites who you scorn for slavery and oppression were mostly democrats

Yep remember how Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves only in confederate controlled areas, even exempting union controlled parishes in LA?
Support the union and you could keep your slaves.

Last edited:
"God damn America" is not fire and brimstone?

I propose that someone doesn't have a clue what fire and brimstone is.

Incidentally, most of Islam is what one could call "fire and brimstone". Sunni Man and I are oppositional in many ways....he is Muslim, I'm conservative Baptist. But I think we have the same concept of what God's/Allah's displeasure will bring...fire and brimstone.

Frankly a country that conducts medical research experiments(like the study to see what sysphilis does untreated) on poor black share croppers in many respects deserves to be damned.

Incidentally, most of Islam is what one could call "fire and brimstone". Sunni Man and I are oppositional in many ways....he is Muslim, I'm conservative Baptist. But I think we have the same concept of what God's/Allah's displeasure will bring...fire and brimstone.

It's called "prophetic" preaching.
Fire and brimstone would be using the bible
to justify depriving homosexuals equals right, cuz
it's an abomination and we'll all go to hell if we allow it. Or preaching about the "sanctity
of marriage" LOL, based on supposed "sinner" gays and lesbians that want to destroy
marriage, by getting married. Lets not forget about whining incessantly about prayers in schools, ten commandments in court rooms, Roe V, Wade, ya know, preventing abortions because it's a sin? That kind of stuff.

It's called "prophetic" preaching.
Fire and brimstone would be using the bible
to justify depriving homosexuals equals right, cuz
it's an abomination and we'll all go to hell if we allow it. Or preaching about the "sanctity
of marriage" LOL, based on supposed "sinner" gays and lesbians that want to destroy
marriage, by getting married. Lets not forget about whining incessantly about prayers in schools, ten commandments in court rooms, Roe V, Wade, ya know, preventing abortions because it's a sin? That kind of stuff.

zzzzz...did you say something? I mean did you say something that isn't a trite regurgitation of talking points that have zero basis in fact?

I didn't think you did.:lol:

As a Presidential candidate Obama once said .'we are no longer a Christian nation; we are now a Nation of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, . .'

There's nothing wrong with that. Yet his remarks went viral on the internet. Religious intolerant right-wing zealots went crazy. They simply could not believe that a Presidential candidate could say something so "outrageous". After all, some claimed, our forefathers fought to make this a Christian nation. There was even an email being circulated, telling Christians to come out in force and vote against Obama. The email claimed that God himself would keep Obama from becoming President.

Well, guess what?

What God is this anyway?

Is it the same God the rest of us know of? One doesn't even have to be a Christian to know that it is not. What is it about the religious right that they can't tolerate those of differing faiths? What happens inside of them that they are so outraged over a Presidential candidate stating the truth about this country?

We are not just a Christian nation.

Well it's another election cycle and the GOP is courting the religious right. With Huckabee out of the picture, that's to be expected I guess. We can look forward to yet another election where the GOP God will rear it's ugly head. The quest for Christian dominion over the US continues. Even though the head of the beast has been chopped off, it's evil influences is still a threat. And it's followers won't be happy until we eliminate pesky concepts like "separation of Church and State". They won't be happy regardless really. Inflicting their intolerance in all aspects of our society just gives them some sort of twisted pleasure.

Better enjoy this much needed reprieve from their insanity while we can.

So its intolerant to acknowledge that 90% of the religious community is Christian??

Yes, I'm intolerant of dickheads that want to kill me because I'm not Muslim, and not conservative enough to their liking. I'm also intolerant of those who look the other way when those dickheads are spewing THEIR intolerance of me while claiming they're peaceful.

Besides, I find your pseudo-philosophy as intolerant of the intolerant and that certainly makes you INTOLERANT, so I find your post highly ironic.

Rev. Wright.

Nice try though.

Rev. Wright is as far out on the fringe as number 1 and number 2 on your list.

[youtube]hwQWuQVE6sw[/youtube]​

And let's not forget that the founder and Reverend of the Westboro Baptist church, Fred Phelps, is a lifelong Democrat who is on record as supporting both Al Gore and Bill Clinton.
Democratic Party

[Rev] Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998. In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote. Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993and 1997.

Being on what you perceive as the fringe does not equate being Fire and Brimstone

Fire and brimstone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
fire and brimstone - definition of fire and brimstone by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Fire and Brimstone

Based on the definitions above I can see, however, how you (and others) can perceive Wright to be of such.

It's usually relegated to preachers who's habit is over preaching about eternal damnation as if there's no saving Grace

I guess to certain whites, Wright would be a Fire and Brimstone type guy.

Doesn't make it so though.

How the fuck do you think this:

"

.fire and brimstone
- 2 dictionary results
fire-and-brim·stone

   /ˈfaɪər
thinsp.png
ənˈbrɪmˌstoʊn
/ Show Spelled[fahyuh
thinsp.png
r
-uh
thinsp.png
n-brim-stohn] Show IPA
–adjective threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.

Use fire and brimstone in a Sentence

See images of fire and brimstone

Search fire and brimstone on the Web

Origin:
1795–1805 "

is in any way confined to Christianity, only? And not only that, but to one small segment of the Christian faith?

Where is that implication in the definition?

Last edited:
To whites?

WTF?

The whites that were all up in arms about the "God damn America" statement.

If I'm not mistaken, it was only white folks that had a problem with that, specifically...RW white folks....for the most part.

Or are you going to pretend that that was not the case now?

So fire and brimstone is perceived differently by whites than blacks?

I don't even understand what the hell you're saying, it's so irrelevant to the topic.

Nice try though.

Rev. Wright is as far out on the fringe as number 1 and number 2 on your list.

[youtube]hwQWuQVE6sw[/youtube]​

And let's not forget that the founder and Reverend of the Westboro Baptist church, Fred Phelps, is a lifelong Democrat who is on record as supporting both Al Gore and Bill Clinton.
Democratic Party

[Rev] Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998. In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote. Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993and 1997.

Being on what you perceive as the fringe does not equate being Fire and Brimstone

Fire and brimstone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
fire and brimstone - definition of fire and brimstone by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Fire and Brimstone

Based on the definitions above I can see, however, how you (and others) can perceive Wright to be of such.

It's usually relegated to preachers who's habit is over preaching about eternal damnation as if there's no saving Grace

I guess to certain whites, Wright would be a Fire and Brimstone type guy.

Doesn't make it so though.

Wright is just a good old racist Marxist who cloaks his feelings and ideologies in religion.

The Nation of Islam is no better than Wrights bullshit church.

Forum List

Back