Does the GOP believe in a God of intolerance?

I call bs.

Fire and brimstone has a definition.

And it has nothing to do with race.

I call bs.

Fire and brimstone has a definition.

And it has nothing to do with race.

Really. Kinda of funny that all the suppose
left-wing f/b Preachers mentioned so far on this thread, just happen to be black.:eusa_whistle:

I'm sorry. It just seems to me that Christians are consistently the only ones that can't tolerate those of a different faith. The most intolerant are those of the religious right. It's an interesting term, if you think about it. The religious right. Because typically it means the Christian right. No one else: not Buddhist, not Muslims, not even other Christians that prefer NOT to wear their religious beliefs like a chip on their shoulder.

And you want to claim these folks aren't an evil influence?
I beg to differ.

You are correct in a sense... the most intolerant ARE the religious right. But that goes for any religion. What do you think is happening in the Middle East? Christians in those parts are KILLED for their beliefs. All because the Muslim religious right has power in most of those countries.

You can't only look at the USA to see that Christianity is NOT the problem... it's Fundamentalism....in ALL religions.

BTW, Sorry for taking so long to respond. I was working and then I had a rehearsal with my band, so I was unable to get on the board beyond yesterday morning.

As a Presidential candidate Obama once said .'we are no longer a Christian nation; we are now a Nation of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, . .'

There's nothing wrong with that. Yet his remarks went viral on the internet. Religious intolerant right-wing zealots went crazy. They simply could not believe that a Presidential candidate could say something so "outrageous". After all, some claimed, our forefathers fought to make this a Christian nation. There was even an email being circulated, telling Christians to come out in force and vote against Obama. The email claimed that God himself would keep Obama from becoming President.

Well, guess what?

What God is this anyway?

Is it the same God the rest of us know of? One doesn't even have to be a Christian to know that it is not. What is it about the religious right that they can't tolerate those of differing faiths? What happens inside of them that they are so outraged over a Presidential candidate stating the truth about this country?

We are not just a Christian nation.

Well it's another election cycle and the GOP is courting the religious right. With Huckabee out of the picture, that's to be expected I guess. We can look forward to yet another election where the GOP God will rear it's ugly head. The quest for Christian dominion over the US continues. Even though the head of the beast has been chopped off, it's evil influences is still a threat. And it's followers won't be happy until we eliminate pesky concepts like "separation of Church and State". They won't be happy regardless really. Inflicting their intolerance in all aspects of our society just gives them some sort of twisted pleasure.

Better enjoy this much needed reprieve from their insanity while we can.

So its intolerant to acknowledge that 90% of the religious community is Christian??

Yes, I'm intolerant of dickheads that want to kill me because I'm not Muslim, and not conservative enough to their liking. I'm also intolerant of those who look the other way when those dickheads are spewing THEIR intolerance of me while claiming they're peaceful.

Besides, I find your pseudo-philosophy as intolerant of the intolerant and that certainly makes you INTOLERANT, so I find your post highly ironic.

I think you need to pray.

What's wrong with his statement? Nothing.

However, i would hardly call the followers of Jesus an "evil Influence". The problem with a lot of Christ's followers is that they want to focus on the do's and don't's, but pay hardly any heed to the real message of Jesus.

Plus, you have a Marketing campaign from Big Money that further distorts the word of God. God isn't about punishment. In fact, He sent Jesus down to Earth so that "none should perish". The bigotry and prejudice comes from man(and perhaps Satan), not from God.

The people that wish others ill in the name of God are the ones that probably should be worried about their own salvation, because it may be in much more jeopardy than they think.

I'm sorry. It just seems to me that Christians are consistently the only ones that can't tolerate those of a different faith. The most intolerant are those of the religious right. It's an interesting term, if you think about it. The religious right. Because typically it means the Christian right. No one else: not Buddhist, not Muslims, not even other Christians that prefer NOT to wear their religious beliefs like a chip on their shoulder.

I beg to differ.

Muslims are just as, if not more intolerant as far right Christians....and far right Hindus, and far right Buddhists.

It is the Reactionary Fundamentalists of all religion who believe it is their way or the highway that are the most intolerant.

However, i would hardly call the followers of Jesus an "evil Influence". The problem with a lot of Christ's followers is that they want to focus on the do's and don't's, but pay hardly any heed to the real message of Jesus.

Plus, you have a Marketing campaign from Big Money that further distorts the word of God. God isn't about punishment. In fact, He sent Jesus down to Earth so that "none should perish". The bigotry and prejudice comes from man(and perhaps Satan), not from God.

The people that wish others ill in the name of God are the ones that probably should be worried about their own salvation, because it may be in much more jeopardy than they think.

I beg to differ.

Muslims are just as, if not more intolerant as far right Christians....and far right Hindus, and far right Buddhists.

It is the Reactionary Fundamentalists of all religion who believe it is their way or the highway that are the most intolerant.

What about the far left reactionaries?

The GOP Gawd is "green". It's name is "cash". It follows "greed".

I beg to differ.

What about the far left reactionaries?

What? Into Oxymorons today?

I beg to differ.

to be a good christian you must be more Christ like and follow in his footsteps.

Intolerance is not a bad thing. God is intolerant of sin, pure and simple. If you have a problem with what He calls sin, the problem is with you, not God.

Intolerance is not a bad thing. God is intolerant of sin, pure and simple. If you have a problem with what He calls sin, the problem is with you, not God.

I don't have a problem with what "HE" calls sin,or even God. The problem I have is with others, who sin, then try to act all "holier than thou" towards everyone else. I have to disagree also that intolerance is not bad thing. Of course it is. You're not God. Nor are any of those who are intolerant. It's neither of your places ( as mortals ) to judge others.

Last edited:
I can decide anything I want to. Not really much you can do about it.
Don't post contradictory statements if you don't want people picking
them apart.

Sure you can decide anything you want to.

That doesn't stop us from proving it's a load of crap!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I really wish you could. Unfortunately as it stands her comments were contradictory. Or didn't you read them? You're either tolerant of everyone, or not. You can't claim to accept blacks, Jews, "and everyone else"---then also claim you're intolerant of those who express opinions you don't agree with.

One can be tolerant of everyone but disagree with some of their opinions. There is no contradiction there except in your intolerant mind.

I beg to differ.

The most intolerant are those of the religious right
Funny from my point of view its the idiots on the left that can't accept anyone having a view other then their own which is exactly what you are dong at this moment.

Also I wonder if you have ever thought about that fact that their are Liberal Christians as well are you saying they are also Intolerant because they hold a belief that is not one you choose?

"God damn America" is not fire and brimstone?

I propose that someone doesn't have a clue what fire and brimstone is.

Incidentally, most of Islam is what one could call "fire and brimstone". Sunni Man and I are oppositional in many ways....he is Muslim, I'm conservative Baptist. But I think we have the same concept of what God's/Allah's displeasure will bring...fire and brimstone.

Frankly a country that conducts medical research experiments(like the study to see what sysphilis does untreated) on poor black share croppers in many respects deserves to be damned.

This experiment began in 1932 and was not a secret. Perhaps the mindset of FDR was different then.

Who is intolerant? It's Muslims mostly.
Is Christians the ones who are killing people of other faiths?
75 out of every 100 people that are killed for religious hatred are Christians.
Countries who have and are still killing Christians are;
USSR (when it was still the Soviet union)
North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Turkey, Yemen, India, Nigeria, Philippians, China,Vietnam, Laos,Iran and Afghanistan.

As a Presidential candidate Obama once said .'we are no longer a Christian nation; we are now a Nation of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, . .'

There's nothing wrong with that. Yet his remarks went viral on the internet. Religious intolerant right-wing zealots went crazy. They simply could not believe that a Presidential candidate could say something so "outrageous". After all, some claimed, our forefathers fought to make this a Christian nation. There was even an email being circulated, telling Christians to come out in force and vote against Obama. The email claimed that God himself would keep Obama from becoming President.

Well, guess what?

What God is this anyway?

Is it the same God the rest of us know of? One doesn't even have to be a Christian to know that it is not. What is it about the religious right that they can't tolerate those of differing faiths? What happens inside of them that they are so outraged over a Presidential candidate stating the truth about this country?

We are not just a Christian nation.

Well it's another election cycle and the GOP is courting the religious right. With Huckabee out of the picture, that's to be expected I guess. We can look forward to yet another election where the GOP God will rear it's ugly head. The quest for Christian dominion over the US continues. Even though the head of the beast has been chopped off, it's evil influences is still a threat. And it's followers won't be happy until we eliminate pesky concepts like "separation of Church and State". They won't be happy regardless really. Inflicting their intolerance in all aspects of our society just gives them some sort of twisted pleasure.

Better enjoy this much needed reprieve from their insanity while we can.

Just as it's your right to talk scum about those in the GOP and look down your nose at them, it's a Christian's right to voice our opinions on matters also, have our faith, and vote for whom we wish. It's called freedom of speech and religion and the right to vote, thank the LORD for now we still have it.

Forum List

Back