Does the GOP believe in a God of intolerance?

To whites?

WTF?

The whites that were all up in arms about the "God damn America" statement.

If I'm not mistaken, it was only white folks that had a problem with that, specifically...RW white folks....for the most part.

Or are you going to pretend that that was not the case now?

it wasn't the god damn america part. it was what he was god damning america for. let's be clear here

So fire and brimstone is perceived differently by whites than blacks?

I don't even understand what the hell you're saying, it's so irrelevant to the topic.

We get it Allie, we get it..

hear-see-speak-no-evil1.jpg

So fire and brimstone is perceived differently by whites than blacks?

I don't even understand what the hell you're saying, it's so irrelevant to the topic.

You believe you will get honesty and logic out of a clown that uses Malcolm X for an avatar?

To whites?

WTF?

If I'm not mistaken, it was only white folks that had a problem with that, specifically...RW white folks....for the most part.

it wasn't the god damn america part. it was what he was god damning america for. let's be clear here

Which was exactly what?

Be clear MFer...!

Thank you.

Though I think the Nation of Islam is, by and large, worse...but maybe not by much.

Anyway, fire and brimstone is not a GOP thing, nor is it a market that is cornered by the Christian church. Conservatives and GOP do not all follow, collectively, the same religion. There are Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim and Hari Krishnas (I'm sure) who consider themselves and vote conservatively.

All Republicans are not members of the same church. It's backwards and bigoted to assume they are. It's a stereotype. And a false one (some stereotypes are perfectly accurate. This one isn't.)

An aside...I have to say that Marc's incredible and overweening leap from the nature of fire and brimstone to the completely unrelated theory that white people think Wright is a *fire and brimstone* preacher because he's BLACK, was spectacularly insane and worthy of notice.

Thank you.

Though I think the Nation of Islam is, by and large, worse...but maybe not by much.

Anyway, fire and brimstone is not a GOP thing, nor is it a market that is cornered by the Christian church. Conservatives and GOP do not all follow, collectively, the same religion. There are Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim and Hari Krishnas (I'm sure) who consider themselves and vote conservatively.

All Republicans are not members of the same church. It's backwards and bigoted to assume they are. It's a stereotype. And a false one (some stereotypes are perfectly accurate. This one isn't.)

Learn to read MFer.

I said that all F&B-types are RW Christians, not that all Christians are F&B-types.

Pay attention Patsy!

Fry_-snap-out-of-it.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you.

Learn to read MFer.

I said that all F&B-types are RW Christians, not that all Christians are F&B-types.

Pay attention Patsy!

Fry_-snap-out-of-it.jpg

I know, and you were wrong, nitwit, and continue to be wrong. All F & B are NOT RWers, moron. That's the point. You don't even get what's being said when it's spoon fed to you, do you?

Snap-in-Spanish-L.jpg

You making up F&B-types on the Left does not make it so.

However, your Spanish pics were funny...good one!

LoL
:lol:

"God damn America" is not fire and brimstone?

I propose that someone doesn't have a clue what fire and brimstone is.

Incidentally, most of Islam is what one could call "fire and brimstone". Sunni Man and I are oppositional in many ways....he is Muslim, I'm conservative Baptist. But I think we have the same concept of what God's/Allah's displeasure will bring...fire and brimstone.

It's called "prophetic" preaching.
Fire and brimstone would be using the bible
to justify depriving homosexuals equals right, cuz
it's an abomination and we'll all go to hell if we allow it. Or preaching about the "sanctity
of marriage" LOL, based on supposed "sinner" gays and lesbians that want to destroy
marriage, by getting married. Lets not forget about whining incessantly about prayers in schools, ten commandments in court rooms, Roe V, Wade, ya know, preventing abortions because it's a sin? That kind of stuff.

zzzzz...did you say something? I mean did you say something that isn't a trite regurgitation of talking points that have zero basis in fact?

I didn't think you did.:lol:

Yeah, I can see how you wouldn't want any of that stuff brought up.
Evasive much?

Yeah, you are.

To whites?

WTF?

"...for treating our citizens as less than human."

Thank you.

Except that your twisted interpretation of what he's saying.
It's true that some whites can handle the prophetic tradition
that black preacher use in their sermons, because it's too
critical of racist whites for their taste. I'll bet you don't even
know what the title of the sermon was that Rev. Wrights was preaching about that day.
You take three words out of context in a sermon? Bad form pal.

I'm not your pal.

And I do know the name, I've discussed this topic before and I've listened to the sermon from beginning to end. Confusing God and Government.

Which has nothing to do with what constitutes fire and brimstone. I don't *perceive* fire and brimstone based upon someone's color. Fire and brimstone is simply the notion that eternal damnation exists. It's not exclusive to Christians, it's certainly not exclusive to RWers. Islam also promtes fire and brimstone, and Wright's speech was fire and brimstone because it DIRECTLY ALLUDES TO THE FIRES OF HELL. Eternal damnation. Punishment from above. It has nothing to do with his color or mine. If he had said something like "Pick the buttercups and get a fine" and people started calling him a *fire and brimstone* preacher I'd disagree, and if it was all white people saying that, I might agree that it was a misconception possibly based upon color.

But that isn't the case. He's considered a F&B preacher because he preaches about (among other things) the punishment ahead for those who don't follow God's word.

Likewise, Imans preach about the punishment ahead as well. Which is the epitome of F&B.

I'm not your pal.

And I do know the name, I've discussed this topic before and I've listened to the sermon from beginning to end. Confusing God and Government.

Which has nothing to do with what constitutes fire and brimstone. I don't *perceive* fire and brimstone based upon someone's color. Fire and brimstone is simply the notion that eternal damnation exists. It's not exclusive to Christians, it's certainly not exclusive to RWers. Islam also promtes fire and brimstone, and Wright's speech was fire and brimstone because it DIRECTLY ALLUDES TO THE FIRES OF HELL. Eternal damnation. Punishment from above. It has nothing to do with his color or mine. If he had said something like "Pick the buttercups and get a fine" and people started calling him a *fire and brimstone* preacher I'd disagree, and if it was all white people saying that, I might agree that it was a misconception possibly based upon color.

But that isn't the case. He's considered a F&B preacher because he preaches about (among other things) the punishment ahead for those who don't follow God's word.

Likewise, Imans preach about the punishment ahead as well. Which is the epitome of F&B.

I don't know of many Preachers that DON'T preach about punishment ahead for those who don't follow God, if any. That's kinda of their job. It may well be that many see the Rev. Wright as a F/B preacher. That's not the point. The point is there seems to be a pattern of some whites ( as well as blacks ) only seeing it that way because of the prophetic style of preaching he engages in--which is very critical of racist and racism in America. That style of preaching is very common among so-called black churches.

There's a lot of second guessing and criticizing that tradition from outsiders ( many white ), who don't seem to understand that it's a style of preaching with deep roots in the black community. While there are people of color who were critical of Rev. Wright, including President Obama, others took some of the criticism as an attack on the black community as a whole. A lot of the criticism was intended to be taken that way. It was intended to paint a picture of Obama as a black militant. So when you lump yourself in with the same type of narrative, it appears you have that same intent.

You should also know that when it's mentioned that something is "a black thing" so you wouldn't understand---it doesn't mean that not ANY white can understand. It just means that something are just understood among blacks. And most whites don't get those things unless they're extremely open-minded or have the capacity to at least try to understand.
You don't seem to fall into that category.

Forum List

Back