Does the GOP believe in a God of intolerance?

What's wrong with his statement? Nothing.

However, i would hardly call the followers of Jesus an "evil Influence". The problem with a lot of Christ's followers is that they want to focus on the do's and don't's, but pay hardly any heed to the real message of Jesus.

Plus, you have a Marketing campaign from Big Money that further distorts the word of God. God isn't about punishment. In fact, He sent Jesus down to Earth so that "none should perish". The bigotry and prejudice comes from man(and perhaps Satan), not from God.

The people that wish others ill in the name of God are the ones that probably should be worried about their own salvation, because it may be in much more jeopardy than they think.

I'm sorry. It just seems to me that Christians are consistently the only ones that can't tolerate those of a different faith. The most intolerant are those of the religious right. It's an interesting term, if you think about it. The religious right. Because typically it means the Christian right. No one else: not Buddhist, not Muslims, not even other Christians that prefer NOT to wear their religious beliefs like a chip on their shoulder.

And you want to claim these folks aren't an evil influence?
I beg to differ.

Yeah, that's why Christians started a country and enshrined freedom of religion in the first amendment.

Try going to a non-Christian country like Muslim countries and try to enjoy that same freedom of religion.

Or how about a nation that forces atheism on their populace like communist countries and insist on freedom of religion. Let's see how thoat goes over.

Christians are the ones that are intolerant?

Idiot!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How sad that you denigrate the greatest part of what our Founders did...which was create the first truely secular country/government in the world...DESPITE the fact that they were mostly Christians in private life. They are to be honored for that genius.

The only time Christ got pissed was in running the money changers out of the temple.
He was a humanist who appeared to hate no one and offered to all.

Anyone who wants to kill others because of difference cannot be christians.
Or WANTS to kill others for any reason for that matter.
They could be followers of the old testament aka Jews but not Christians.

A little early in the day for the Jew hating eh?

Meh....

Where is the Jew-hating?

Such as...?

Can you point out this "special brand of hate and bigotry" of which you speak?

:rofl:

Name one conservative you have had a polite conversation with.

hell, name one you have called a "RW radical".

He and I have good conversations.

I am very fiscally conservative.

touche. :lol:

But then so am I, and me and him haven't made it past a 3rd reply w/o him calling me something.

Not that I seek out conversations with hate filled people.

The only time Christ got pissed was in running the money changers out of the temple.

Yeah, let's not bring up Islam, eh? :doubt:

Well, Islam did not pop up for another 600+ years, right?

As a Presidential candidate Obama once said .'we are no longer a Christian nation; we are now a Nation of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, . .'

Yes, we are a nation of many religeons, but America is a nation founded on judeo christians principles. It's a nation that respects and allows others to worship as they wish, but it is a christian nation none the less, Obama is wrong again, not surprisingly.

There's nothing wrong with that. Yet his remarks went viral on the internet. Religious intolerant right-wing zealots went crazy. They simply could not believe that a Presidential candidate could say something so "outrageous". After all, some claimed, our forefathers fought to make this a Christian nation. There was even an email being circulated, telling Christians to come out in force and vote against Obama. The email claimed that God himself would keep Obama from becoming President.
Our forefathers did not fight to make this a christian nation, they founded it as such.

Well, guess what?

What God is this anyway?

Is it the same God the rest of us know of? One doesn't even have to be a Christian to know that it is not. What is it about the religious right that they can't tolerate those of differing faiths? What happens inside of them that they are so outraged over a Presidential candidate stating the truth about this country?
If the conservative right are intolerant of different faiths then why was the freedom of religion placed in the Constitution?

We are not just a Christian nation.

We where founded on Judeo christian principles, this is a fact.

Well it's another election cycle and the GOP is courting the religious right. With Huckabee out of the picture, that's to be expected I guess. We can look forward to yet another election where the GOP God will rear it's ugly head. The quest for Christian dominion over the US continues. Even though the head of the beast has been chopped off, it's evil influences is still a threat. And it's followers won't be happy until we eliminate pesky concepts like "separation of Church and State". They won't be happy regardless really. Inflicting their intolerance in all aspects of our society just gives them some sort of twisted pleasure.

Another fear mongering liberal. It's so obvious.

Better enjoy this much needed reprieve from their insanity while we can.

Don't worry, it will all be over in 2012, then you and he rest of the looney left can continue fear mongering into 2016.

To say America is not a christian nation is to say that Yemen is not a Muslim nation. It is both ignorant and dangerous.

Try me.

You think you know, but you have NO idea.

And if you're defending her actions, that already shows me where you are.

Try me.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm taking YOU on about judging others GIVEN YOUR POLITICS.

Where do you get off judging someone else's Christianity when I caught you lying (Remember your claim I said Obama was half black? I sure do)

And you support Democrats who VOTE AND SUPPORT ABORTION.

Don't lie and say otherwise. Your support of Obama is quite obvious.

Try ME. Because YOU are the one who needs to defend his actions.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I think you are sick and deranged.

Not to mention obsessing over me.

I had no idea I had this much of an affect on you.

Creepy! :eek:

I've already addressed that lie you are currenlty spewing. It's quite possible I THOUGHT you said he was half-black, however, you are holding on to that misunderstanding for dear life and won't let it go, as if its a treasure. Do as you wish.

As Christians, we are not be concerned with trivial matters of the world, like politics, because as Christians we realize that its all bad, it's all worldy, it's all temporal aka going to be destroyed.

As it pertains to this argument, the Bible has a very clear stance on how people who pretend to be God-like are treated. Read Exodus and study the portions where the priests were dealt with. Heathen nations get dealt with as well, yes, but people who PROFESS to be Godly are held to a certain standard and certainly get dealt with.

If you are Christian and a student of the Word, you [SHOULD] know this.

I'll await your next excuse.

The only thing creepy here is you got caught lying and you still want to come off as some self-righteous "Christian" who can judge others.

In other words when put to it, you just start attacking me, which proves you know you are going to lose such a debate.

But THE BIBLE HAS A VERY CLEAR STANCE ON ABORTION AS WELL.

And YOU claim to be a Christian while supporting the guy who (in Chicago) tried to stop saving babies that survived abortion.

Obama More Pro-Choice Than NARAL - HUMAN EVENTS

But the Bible is very clear that God considers us as living not only from conception BUT BEFORE!

Jeremiah Chapter 1 (TANAKH)

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee; I have appointed thee a prophet unto the nations.

Luke 1:41-44 King James Version (KJV)

41And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

42And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

43And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

By the Holy Ghost Elizabeth acknowelged that Jesus was her Lord, WHILE HE WAS IN THE WOMB.

Yet Barack Obama votes against saving those individuals that God says he knows BEFORE THEY WERE EVEN CONCEIVED.

And YOU want to lecture others about Christianity, given your support of Obama????????

Like I said before, DON'T DEBATE ME ON THE BIBLE. You will lose, lose badly and be furious when you do lose.

Want to continue?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, Islam did not pop up for another 600+ years, right?

What has that got to do with their record on religious tolerance?

However, i would hardly call the followers of Jesus an "evil Influence". The problem with a lot of Christ's followers is that they want to focus on the do's and don't's, but pay hardly any heed to the real message of Jesus.

Plus, you have a Marketing campaign from Big Money that further distorts the word of God. God isn't about punishment. In fact, He sent Jesus down to Earth so that "none should perish". The bigotry and prejudice comes from man(and perhaps Satan), not from God.

The people that wish others ill in the name of God are the ones that probably should be worried about their own salvation, because it may be in much more jeopardy than they think.

I'm sorry. It just seems to me that Christians are consistently the only ones that can't tolerate those of a different faith. The most intolerant are those of the religious right. It's an interesting term, if you think about it. The religious right. Because typically it means the Christian right. No one else: not Buddhist, not Muslims, not even other Christians that prefer NOT to wear their religious beliefs like a chip on their shoulder.

I beg to differ.

Yeah, that's why Christians started a country and enshrined freedom of religion in the first amendment.

Try going to a non-Christian country like Muslim countries and try to enjoy that same freedom of religion.

Or how about a nation that forces atheism on their populace like communist countries and insist on freedom of religion. Let's see how thoat goes over.

Idiot!

Yeah because the European Christian wars were still raging at the time of the founding. Also the states were not bound by the Bill of Right as three State did have sanctioned religions.

Secular forces are what give us our freedom from religious tyrany not Chritianity.

I beg to differ.

Idiot!

Yeah because the European Christian wars were still raging at the time of the founding. Also the states were not bound by the Bill of Right as three State did have sanctioned religions.

Secular forces are what give us our freedom from religious tyrany not Chritianity.

I would love for you to give us some links to that bull.

Here's the real facts on the ratification of the Bill of Rights.

I'm sure you won't find thise facts on whatever atheist, er I mean 'secular' website fed you that bull.

United States History - Ratification and the Bill of Rights

Bill of Rights is finally ratified — History.com This Day in History — 12/15/1791

Idiot!

I would love for you to give us some links to that bull.

Here's the real facts on the ratification of the Bill of Rights.

I'm sure you won't find thise facts on whatever atheist, er I mean 'secular' website fed you that bull.

United States History - Ratification and the Bill of Rights

Bill of Rights is finally ratified — History.com This Day in History — 12/15/1791

The Bill of Rights was understood, at its ratification, to be a bar on the actions of the federal government. Many people today find this to be an incredible fact. The fact is, prior to incorporation, discussed below, the Bill of Rights did not apply to the states. This is, however, quite in line with what the Constitution was originally designed to be: a framework for the federal government. In other words, though the federal government was banned from violating the freedom of the press, states were free to regulate the press. For the most part, this was not an issue, because the state constitutions all had bills of rights, and many of the rights protected by the states mirrored those in the federal Bill, and many went further than the federal Bill.

Constitutional Topic: The Bill of Rights - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

As a Presidential candidate Obama once said .'we are no longer a Christian nation; we are now a Nation of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, . .'

There's nothing wrong with that. Yet his remarks went viral on the internet. Religious intolerant right-wing zealots went crazy. They simply could not believe that a Presidential candidate could say something so "outrageous". After all, some claimed, our forefathers fought to make this a Christian nation. There was even an email being circulated, telling Christians to come out in force and vote against Obama. The email claimed that God himself would keep Obama from becoming President.

Well, guess what?

What God is this anyway?

Is it the same God the rest of us know of? One doesn't even have to be a Christian to know that it is not. What is it about the religious right that they can't tolerate those of differing faiths? What happens inside of them that they are so outraged over a Presidential candidate stating the truth about this country?

We are not just a Christian nation.

Well it's another election cycle and the GOP is courting the religious right. With Huckabee out of the picture, that's to be expected I guess. We can look forward to yet another election where the GOP God will rear it's ugly head. The quest for Christian dominion over the US continues. Even though the head of the beast has been chopped off, it's evil influences is still a threat. And it's followers won't be happy until we eliminate pesky concepts like "separation of Church and State". They won't be happy regardless really. Inflicting their intolerance in all aspects of our society just gives them some sort of twisted pleasure.

Better enjoy this much needed reprieve from their insanity while we can.

Desmond Tutu: God Is Not a Christian

".....Surely it is good to know that God (in the Christian tradition) created us all (not just Christians) in his image, thus investing us all with infinite worth, and that it was with all humankind that God entered into a covenant relationship, depicted in the covenant with Noah when God promised he would not destroy his creation again with water. Surely we can rejoice that the eternal word, the Logos of God, enlightens everyone -- not just Christians, but everyone who comes into the world; that what we call the Spirit of God is not a Christian preserve, for the Spirit of God existed long before there were Christians, inspiring and nurturing women and men in the ways of holiness, bringing them to fruition, bringing to fruition what was best in all. We do scant justice and honor to our God if we want, for instance, to deny that Mahatma Gandhi was a truly great soul, a holy man who walked closely with God. Our God would be too small if he was not also the God of Gandhi: if God is one, as we believe, then he is the only God of all his people, whether they acknowledge him as such or not. God does not need us to protect him. Many of us perhaps need to have our notion of God deepened and expanded. It is often said, half in jest, that God created man in his own image and man has returned the compliment, saddling God with his own narrow prejudices and exclusivity, foibles and temperamental quirks. God remains God, whether God has worshippers or not.........We are supposed to proclaim the God of love, but we have been guilty as Christians of sowing hatred and suspicion; we commend the one whom we call the Prince of Peace, and yet as Christians we have fought more wars than we care to remember. We have claimed to be a fellowship of compassion and caring and sharing, but as Christians we often sanctify sociopolitical systems that belie this, where the rich grow ever richer and the poor grow ever poorer, where we seem to sanctify a furious competitiveness, ruthless as can only be appropriate to the jungle."

I beg to differ.

Idiot!

A good percentage of people are intolerant period. I would say that the majority of atheists are intolerant, especially against Christians. But hey, my dogs better than your dog, cuz he eats Ken-L-Ration.

We were talking about the GOP. Many islamic people in that?
And yes Islam is screwed up as well.

To say America is not a christian nation is to say that Yemen is not a Muslim nation. It is both ignorant and dangerous.

What would be ignorant and dangerous is to say that christianity controls what people can do and say and worship in this country as much as islam controls what people can do and say and worship in Yemen.

Seriously, dude?

I beg to differ.

Idiot!

A good percentage of people are intolerant period. I would say that the majority of atheists are intolerant, especially against Christians. But hey, my dogs better than your dog, cuz he eats Ken-L-Ration.

I see a real problem with all those atheists coming to our doors all the time, handing out their silly pamphlets and make a general nuisance of themselves in front of grocery stores, Walmarts, airports, etc.

I beg to differ.

Idiot!

The Puritans made a mess of it....

Forum List

Back