Does the GOP believe in a God of intolerance?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ali777, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Ali777

Ali777 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    As a Presidential candidate Obama once said .'we are no longer a Christian nation; we are now a Nation of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, . .'

There's nothing wrong with that. Yet his remarks went viral on the internet. Religious intolerant right-wing zealots went crazy. They simply could not believe that a Presidential candidate could say something so "outrageous". After all, some claimed, our forefathers fought to make this a Christian nation. There was even an email being circulated, telling Christians to come out in force and vote against Obama. The email claimed that God himself would keep Obama from becoming President.

Well, guess what?

What God is this anyway?

Is it the same God the rest of us know of? One doesn't even have to be a Christian to know that it is not. What is it about the religious right that they can't tolerate those of differing faiths? What happens inside of them that they are so outraged over a Presidential candidate stating the truth about this country?

We are not just a Christian nation.

Well it's another election cycle and the GOP is courting the religious right. With Huckabee out of the picture, that's to be expected I guess. We can look forward to yet another election where the GOP God will rear it's ugly head. The quest for Christian dominion over the US continues. Even though the head of the beast has been chopped off, it's evil influences is still a threat. And it's followers won't be happy until we eliminate pesky concepts like "separation of Church and State". They won't be happy regardless really. Inflicting their intolerance in all aspects of our society just gives them some sort of twisted pleasure.

Better enjoy this much needed reprieve from their insanity while we can.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    What's wrong with his statement? Nothing.

However, i would hardly call the followers of Jesus an "evil Influence". The problem with a lot of Christ's followers is that they want to focus on the do's and don't's, but pay hardly any heed to the real message of Jesus.

Plus, you have a Marketing campaign from Big Money that further distorts the word of God. God isn't about punishment. In fact, He sent Jesus down to Earth so that "none should perish". The bigotry and prejudice comes from man(and perhaps Satan), not from God.

The people that wish others ill in the name of God are the ones that probably should be worried about their own salvation, because it may be in much more jeopardy than they think.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Ali777

Ali777 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I'm sorry. It just seems to me that Christians are consistently the only ones that can't tolerate those of a different faith. The most intolerant are those of the religious right. It's an interesting term, if you think about it. The religious right. Because typically it means the Christian right. No one else: not Buddhist, not Muslims, not even other Christians that prefer NOT to wear their religious beliefs like a chip on their shoulder.

And you want to claim these folks aren't an evil influence?
    I beg to differ.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Beg all you want. I'm a Christian.... I accept blacks, Jews, gays, and anyone else. The only people I have a low tolerance level for are the ignorant assholes. Unfortunately, you fall into that category.

Idiot.

5. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    "Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." Gilbert K. Chesterton

6. Ali777

Ali777 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    :eusa_liar: then you don't accept anyone else.

7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    You don't get to decide who I do or do not accept. What is it with idiots, that they think they have some God Given right to decide what other people think?

At the risk of repeating myself.... Idiot.

8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    As long as a liberal repents and begins to follow Saint Sarah they are fine.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Do you ever think for yourself, mid? Cuz it seems to me, we never get an original thought or opinion from you... just mindless quotes from others. How very 'left wing' of you.

10. teapartysamurai

teapartysamurai Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,879
    Yeah, that's why Christians started a country and enshrined freedom of religion in the first amendment.

Try going to a non-Christian country like Muslim countries and try to enjoy that same freedom of religion.

Or how about a nation that forces atheism on their populace like communist countries and insist on freedom of religion. Let's see how thoat goes over.

Christians are the ones that are intolerant?

Idiot!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: