Does Romney ever....

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Jun 27, 2009
Out here in the middle.
say anything of substance? I mean, every time he talks, it seems like an exercise in ambiguity.

I mean, does he ever give any concrete policy issues he is going to enact?

I just heard this on the radio...

RIGHT SPEAK: Mitt Romney event in Salem, Virginia (Full Video 06-26-12)

(19:40) "The right course for America is to restore those principles that made us such a powerhouse. Economic freedom. Small Government. Taking advantage of our natural resources like our coal, oil, and gas... There are things we will do - I will do - as President to get this economy going again".

What the fuck does that all mean? I mean, I realize that platitudes are part of stump speeches. However, that entire speech is platitudes. Romney never articulates specific policies or plans, he just speaks in generalities.

To date, the only policy I have heard him propose is to repeal "Obamacare" on day one.

Okay, fine. Then what?

Romney has promised to replace the measure with a handful of "common-sense" reforms, but has spent little time so far crafting a comprehensive plan. He did not address any plans to replace the law Tuesday.

Mitt Romney Attacks Obamacare Ahead Of Supreme Court Ruling

Again, what the fuck does that mean? What exactly does he want to do for health care? Return to the previous status quo? Why not say that?

Romney wouldn't even say anything definitive on the SCOTUS immigration ruling. Instead, he favors some sort of state solution.

Romney's entire campaign strategy is to point out Obama's failings and then offer little, if anything, to fix the problem. I have absolutely no idea what he would do if elected.

Even the news media is starting to pick up on Romney's "where's the beef?" campaign platform.

This isn't un-intentional either. Romney, ever the consumate politician, simply wants to win this election based on who the other guy is, and not based on what he is going to do.

That didn't work very well for John Kerry, and it won't work for Romney.

Am I mistaken?

Last edited:
And the answer of course is no. Romney wouldn't know substance if it flew out of the Book of Mormon and shipped a million jobs overseas.

say anything of sustenance? I mean, every time he talks, it seems like an exercise in ambiguity.

(19:40) "The right course for America is to restore those principles that made us such a powerhouse. Economic freedom. Small Government. Taking advantage of our natural resources like our coal, oil, and gas... There are things we will do - I will do - as President to get this economy going again".

What the fuck does that all mean? I mean, I realize that platitudes are part of stump speeches. However, that entire speech is platitudes. Romney never articulates specific policies or plans, he just speaks in generalities.

To date, the only policy I have heard him propose is to repeal "Obamacare" on day one.

Okay, fine. Then what?

Romney has promised to replace the measure with a handful of "common-sense" reforms, but has spent little time so far crafting a comprehensive plan. He did not address any plans to replace the law Tuesday.

Again, what the fuck does that mean? What exactly does he want to do for health care? Return to the previous status quo? Why not say that?

Romney wouldn't even say anything definitive on the SCOTUS immigration ruling. Instead, he favors some sort of state solution.

Romney's entire campaign strategy is to point out Obama's failings and then offer little, if anything, to fix the problem. I have absolutely no idea what he would do if elected.

Even the news media is starting to pick up on Romney's "where's the beef?" campaign platform.

This isn't un-intentional either. Romney, ever the consumate politician, simply wants to win this election based on who the other guy is, and not based on what he is going to do.

Am I mistaken?

Perhaps a reading comprehension course would benefit you. It's pretty evident that Romney wants to reverse the damage done by Obama and his band of thugs.

say anything of sustenance? I mean, every time he talks, it seems like an exercise in ambiguity.

Okay, fine. Then what?

Am I mistaken?
No, you're not mistaken.

Even so, it's not like we haven't already elected a president who uttered nothing but vapid platitudes, vagaries and had no real concrete agenda anyone could nail down during the campaign. :eusa_whistle:

Okay, fine. Then what?

Am I mistaken?

Perhaps a reading comprehension course would benefit you. It's pretty evident that Romney wants to reverse the damage done by Obama and his band of thugs.

How?

No, we have an unfortunate climate of politics in this country where you don't need to be specific and talking in sound bites is all you need to get elected. Giving specifics is discouraged because it's harder to weasel out of what you said, the more specific the statement you make. It's a sad state of affairs that is headed to the point where the candidates will be so afraid to say anything of substance that they will be relegated to only saying, "I will make everything better"

Okay, fine. Then what?

Am I mistaken?

How?

"...restore those principles that made us such a powerhouse. Economic freedom. Small Government. Taking advantage of our natural resources like our coal, oil, and gas... There are things we will do - I will do - as President to get this economy going again".

...replace the measure (Obamacare) with a handful of "common-sense" reforms

He is saying that he would do things that promote industries that Obama is trying to strangle to death (and doing quite well at it). He is saying that he will repeal Obamacare and replace it with a handful of common sense reforms...

Rather than having Nancy and Harry work behind closed doors and construct a monster that NOBODY BOTHERS TO READ or makes available for reading, he will support well crafted, bi-partisan solutions from Congress.

I expect to here more details as the campaign gets to full speed.

Last edited:
Ive always thought that cutting spending by going through the budget and eliminating programs that are unneccessary or can be more effective if implimented at the State level is alittle more than a platitute.

He is going to have to at some point. I don't expect anything new or innovative, but he's going to have to expand on the issues.

That should be inspiring.

say anything of substance? I mean, every time he talks, it seems like an exercise in ambiguity.

Okay, fine. Then what?

Am I mistaken?

Romney commits to NOTHING. Even when he does take a quasi-stand for something, he rescinds the next day.

He is saying that he would do things that promote industries that Obama is trying to strangle to death (and doing quite well at it). He is saying that he will repeal Obamacare and replace it with a handful of common sense reforms...

What reforms?

What reforms?
COMMON SENSE reforms...unlike the ridiculous provisions and costs of the Obamacare fiasco.

Okay, fine. Then what?

Am I mistaken?

Are you referring to the damage on the DOW that has more than doubled? The damage the jobs market that has now gotten back to where it was when Obama took office and jobs were being lost at a rate of 750,000 a month? You mean the damage he did by getting millions of people health coverage that didn't have it before?

Here's a clue for the Right Winger F-Tards here: Everything you claim to be a "failure" on the part of Obama has worked. You can spin the unemployment numbers however you want and talk about people "leaving the work force" but that wont change the fact that Obama has righted the ship and ultimately you pussies are crying that it's not going fast enough. All the while, every major economist has told us for a couple years now that the stimulus wasn't big enough.

You Shitmouths blanch at the idea of spending more, so you dig your little Shitmouth heels in. And all the hubris on this board about how Obama's going to be tossed out in a landslide shows just how fucking idiotic, uneducated, and ignorant you all are. The good news is that despite what you claim in your chest-beating rants, the Liberals of this country are NOT outnumbered. You all just don't see many in your one horse podunk towns. But we're out here, and we're pissed that you guys have been giving our country over to Oligarchy; we're over it.

Who knows how November will turn out? I just know that there are a lot of ignorant right wingers here, on this board. So there's that.

How?

"...restore those principles that made us such a powerhouse. Economic freedom. Small Government. Taking advantage of our natural resources like our coal, oil, and gas... There are things we will do - I will do - as President to get this economy going again".

...replace the measure (Obamacare) with a handful of "common-sense" reforms

Such as?

He is saying that he would do things that promote industries that Obama is trying to strangle to death (and doing quite well at it).

Such as?

Forum List

Back