CDZ Does questioning Trump re Korea make you "unpatriotic" ?

Trump is addressing a difficult problem other administrations chose to ignore.
He's the president who will finally end this BS with NK before it gets worse.

Just various comments I have read on here tonight.

Does any leader have a blank cheque to wage war ?

Can you question this right ?

At what point should you fall in line ?

Why are doubters vilified ?

Of course it is not unpatriotic, as long as you are honest with the level of threat and the character from which that threat is coming from. This guy cannot and should not have nukes. No if and's or buts, of this, I am personally very rigid. The outcome and solution requires a global effort. Peace would be the best outcome, but as I always say about terrorists, "you can't sit down and have a cup of tea and talk to them about the ills of their ways", this appears to be the case with the North Korean dictator. He wants self preservation and power.

We have been outright lucky that there hasn't been a nuke war yet. Do the research, start with a Russian military defense officer named Petrov. He was supposed to nuke America after the Russian radar system suggested America had launched nukes on Russia, but he made the individual decision to not send nukes back to America as he didn't believe the radar system (since only a couple were shown on the radar and he believed America would have sent hundreds to limit any response). It turned out, the radar system was defective and it was due to the reflection of the sun that radar wrongly interpreted as nukes. This is one of many cases.

Our President, unlike many leaders, does not have the right to wage war on his own. He can authorize retaliatory action, but still has to ask Congress for a declaration of war. North Korea is an interesting case since we are, technically, still at war. It never ended. There was a temporary truce, still in effect. No need to ask for a "declaration of war" to resume hostilities.

What's really surprising is to see the American left step up to support KJU! And, he knows it. He's playing on it. It's hard to know who said what, KJU sounds just like CNN and not as bad as Morning Joe!
We need to remember one very fine point. We are not staging a war. We are replying to a country we are already at war with.

Our President, unlike many leaders, does not have the right to wage war on his own. He can authorize retaliatory action, but still has to ask Congress for a declaration of war. North Korea is an interesting case since we are, technically, still at war. It never ended. There was a temporary truce, still in effect. No need to ask for a "declaration of war" to resume hostilities.

What's really surprising is to see the American left step up to support KJU! And, he knows it. He's playing on it. It's hard to know who said what, KJU sounds just like CNN and not as bad as Morning Joe!
We need to remember one very fine point. We are not staging a war. We are replying to a country we are already at war with.

Really? We are already at war with N. Korea? When was it declared, do you have a link?

Really? We are already at war with N. Korea? When was it declared, do you have a link?

Declared June 25, 1950. A cease fire was agreed to in July 1953. Cease fire. The war wasn't over.

Maybe you'll believe CNN.
The Korean War never ended - CNN.com

I feel badly that you didn't know. This is why teaching history is so important.

Declared June 25, 1950. A cease fire was agreed to in July 1953. Cease fire. The war wasn't over.

Maybe you'll believe CNN.
The Korean War never ended - CNN.com

I feel badly that you didn't know. This is why teaching history is so important.

The war was actually started when N. Korea invaded S. Korea, and the US was there just to help out S. Korea. So, actually, the war wasn't so much between the US and N. Korea, but rather S. and N. Korea.

The fighting ended on 27 July 1953, when an armistice was signed. The agreement created the Korean Demilitarized Zone to separate North and South Korea, and allowed the return of prisoners. However, no peace treaty has been signed, and the two Koreas are technically still at war.[43][44]

As a war undeclared by all participants, the conflict helped bring the term "police action" into common use. It also led to the permanent alteration of the balance of power within the United Nations, where Resolution 377—passed in 1950 to allow a bypassing of the Security Council if that body could not reach an agreement—led to the General Assembly displacing the Security Council as the primary organ of the UN.[45]

Korean War - Wikipedia

And, while the armistice that was signed didn't technically end the war, it did bring about the demilitarized zone and the cessation of all hostilities, meaning the US was no longer involved.

The Korean Armistice Agreement is the armistice which serves to insure a complete cessation of hostilities of the Korean War. It was signed by U.S. Army Lieutenant General William Harrison, Jr. representing the United Nations Command (UNC), North Korean General Nam Il representing the Korean People's Army, and the Chinese People’s Volunteer Army.[1] The armistice was signed on July 27, 1953, and was designed to "insure a complete cessation of hostilities and of all acts of armed force in Korea until a final peaceful settlement is achieved."[2] No "final peaceful settlement" has been achieved. The signed armistice established the Korean Demilitarized Zone (de facto a new border between the two nations), put into force a cease-fire, and finalized repatriation of prisoners of war. The Demilitarized Zone runs not far from the 38th parallel, which separated North and South Korea before the Korean War.

Korean Armistice Agreement - Wikipedia

So, while technically right about N. and S. Korea still being at war with each other because peace was never formally declared, the armistice agreement is still in effect, and our involvement stopped with the signing.

Does Trump saying he will wait to see if NK attacks Guam make him a traitor president? Guam's protection is our responsibility. Will he say the same about Hawaii?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Trump's a cuck RINO if we don't have 200,000 troops marching towards Pyongyang before the summer's over.

That fool is just dumb enough to do that.

It's not like he has to push away from his chocolate cake or stop golfing.

Trump is a lot of hot air but if he doesn't actually have to DO something, he's capable of damn near anything.

You Trump fans have made one hell of a mess.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

You know Carter Malone, I've noticed that those who holler the loudest for war and nuking other countries have never served in the military, nor do they have much of an idea what nukes can actually do.

I served over 20 years in the US Navy, and one of my tours was with an FA-18 squadron (VFA-131 Wildcats), and one of my collateral duties was being a member of the PRP team, responsible for loading and unloading nukes on the FA-18.,

The absolute last thing I would want is a nuclear war with N. Korea. Not only would it do a lot of damage to the planet, it would also put the US in a bad position politically, because, hate to tell everyone, but the ONLY country to use nuclear weapons in warfare is the United States.

Personally, I think that everyone needs to take a deep breath, calm down and try to negotiate something before the whole world goes up in a fireball.

Does questioning Trump re Korea make you "unpatriotic" ?

Why would you care? It is possible to be unpatriotic even without questioning our President.

'Does questioning Trump re Korea make you "unpatriotic" ?'

No – the opposite, in fact.

It’s the epitome of patriotism to be critical of government policies and actions; in this case the ignorance and reckless stupidity of Trump.

That Trump apologists and most others on the right attack the patriotism of his critics and detractors is a classic red herring fallacy – a failed attempt by conservatives to deflect from the fact that Trump is wrong concerning NK and has no idea what he’s doing.

Just various comments I have read on here tonight.

Does any leader have a blank cheque to wage war ?

Can you question this right ?

At what point should you fall in line ?

Why are doubters vilified ?
Giving aide and comfort to our enemies.....North Korea....is unpatriotic.
Whining about what Trump says to that fat little shit is propping him up.

It clearly isn't.

What is happening, again, is that the right demand you say what they want you to say or they will label you "unpatriotic" or some nonsense or other.

Forum List

Back