Does anyone actually think that Donald Trump would make a good President?

Trump might not even need a wall.... with mandatory E-verify and outlawing of remittances by illegals......there would be little reason for illegal immigrants to come here.

Are you under the assumption that all illegal immigrants come here to work? :cuckoo:

The Wall Shall Be Built.

not all, but most...... A wall may well be built.....just saying that the other provisions will do a lot on their own.

I don't know how you get "most" either. Are we interviewing them as they cross? Is Gallup and Pew down on the border taking polls? We don't have any idea of who is entering our country or what their motives are. This is why we must secure the border and enforce our immigration laws.

Yes, there are all sorts of things we CAN do, once we've stopped the illegal crossings. Until we do that, nothing else really matters. The big thing is, we've had politicians telling us for 30 years they are going to secure the border and enforce immigration laws and they somehow never get around to doing that.

The Wall Shall Be Built.

well, estimates on existing illegal immigrants are all over the board but a number i've heard is 12 million plus....do you really think over 6 million of them are criminals?

I agree to a certain extent on securing the border....just dont know how much id want to spend on an absolutely impervious wall, after all we have a longer border with Canada.

Canada isn't nearly as big a worry as the Mexican border, because 1) Canada isn't a 3rd-world country, riddled with violent crime and corruption, whose residents desperately want to escape; 2) Canada doesn't have OTHER 3rd-world hellholes, riddled with violent crime and corruption, on the other side of it; and 3) Canada actually monitors, regulates, and controls the people entering their country, so that it's not easy for people to travel there for the purpose of then waltzing across our border.

Trump might not even need a wall.... with mandatory E-verify and outlawing of remittances by illegals......there would be little reason for illegal immigrants to come here.

Are you under the assumption that all illegal immigrants come here to work? :cuckoo:

The Wall Shall Be Built.

not all, but most...... A wall may well be built.....just saying that the other provisions will do a lot on their own.

I don't know how you get "most" either. Are we interviewing them as they cross? Is Gallup and Pew down on the border taking polls? We don't have any idea of who is entering our country or what their motives are. This is why we must secure the border and enforce our immigration laws.

Yes, there are all sorts of things we CAN do, once we've stopped the illegal crossings. Until we do that, nothing else really matters. The big thing is, we've had politicians telling us for 30 years they are going to secure the border and enforce immigration laws and they somehow never get around to doing that.

The Wall Shall Be Built.

well, estimates on existing illegal immigrants are all over the board but a number i've heard is 12 million plus....do you really think over 6 million of them are criminals?

I agree to a certain extent on securing the border....just dont know how much id want to spend on an absolutely impervious wall, after all we have a longer border with Canada.

Truthfully, I think any of them being criminals here is too many of them being criminals here, since they're NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE in the first place.

I just have this funny notion that people who haven't asked permission to come here shouldn't be here. And I'm apparently not even remotely alone in that idea.

no...not 6 million...EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM..be it 6 million or 26 million. "Illegal' being the key word..

heh heh canada...LMAO...you're seriously going to compare canadians with the 3rd world unskilled peasants flooding in every day? comical!
Ok...if Canadians come in illegally deport them, too. How's that?
We don't need to deport those who bring money or jobs. We need to deport those who come for our money and our jobs.

"bring money and jobs"?
so now the illegals are BRINGING IN MONEY AND JOBS WITH THEM..well, that's a new one..

you guys will say anything..

deport.all.illegals.

The Wall Shall Be Built.

The Wall Shall Be Built.

Canada isn't nearly as big a worry as the Mexican border, because 1) Canada isn't a 3rd-world country, riddled with violent crime and corruption, whose residents desperately want to escape; 2) Canada doesn't have OTHER 3rd-world hellholes, riddled with violent crime and corruption, on the other side of it; and 3) Canada actually monitors, regulates, and controls the people entering their country, so that it's not easy for people to travel there for the purpose of then waltzing across our border.

well I agree mostly

I hear what your saying and I love his message. I have been pummeled by some for defending Trump. However, I do worry if he has the temperment.

Hey I get pounded all the time... the vast majority of my closest friends are liberals. I come here and speak my mind and get all kinds of nasty remarks made about me... got called a liberal today for goodness sake! That's hitting me really low, ya know? ;) But I stopped caring about 20 years ago... doesn't bother me anymore.

I'm not the least bit worried about a President Trump. I like his feisty temperament. I think that's what we need right now... someone who, by god, isn't afraid to LEAD!

As I said, there's multiple positives for him. But I was outraged with the debate and the manipulation of time given to Trump which was all negative and the small amount of time given to the other candidates. What did we learn about them? Very little.

I don't like networks or the party bosses to determine who the candidate will or will not be. The voters should do that.

Honestly, I don't think the introduction to our society of mega-media has been a net benefit to us. Media has never been as honest and impartial as one might hope, but we've definitely gone light-years too far in letting the media go from reporting the news to making and shaping it.

Honestly, what I would really like is, instead of the major news channels hosting and running the debates and deciding for us what they're going to be, I'd like to see the campaigns put together some debates with a few participants, and leave the media to report on them as observers, rather than participants. I resent the hell out of watching a debate, trying to learn something about the candidates and their positions, and having the news trollop "mediating" the debate make it all about herself and her case of the vapors.

It would be terrific if, instead of the wannabe candidates sniping at Trump in social media and "calling him out", they ACTUALLY called him out to a serious debate about the issues they allegedly have a problem with him on. He'd show, you know he would. And the media would report on it, but they'd be piped down in the audience, observing, rather than running their damned gums and trying to be the story.

Most candidates these days would be more worried about calculating the positive impact and publicity payoff of such a thing, but I don't think Trump ever considers that at all.
Terrific post, Cecilie! I agree with your ideas about debates. Do you think the limit for each debate should be about 5?

I think the limit should be whatever the involved campaigns decide. That's the point: some outside party isn't deciding what we should or shouldn't hear about or who from. The candidates and their campaigns themselves would set it up, and then announce to the media when and where and how, and generously allow them to attend.

Picture this:

Ted Cruz feels that Donald Trump is sucking up all the attention and saying egregious things he - Cruz - disagrees with. Rather than trying to "one-up" Trump with some sort of outrageous, bombastic soundbyte to draw attention to himself and initiate an ultimately fruitless (for the voters) bumper sticker slogan war, he issues a public challenge to Trump for a Lincoln-Douglas sort of debate. Trump accepts, because . . . yeah, Trump's really going to turn down a chance to run his gums. Not.

Their campaign managers get together, decide on the time, venue, rules, whether or not they want to include any other candidates, and they choose a REAL moderator to maintain basic rules like time limits and such. I'd suggest maybe a university professor who has experience with the school's debate club. Someone like that.

The candidates make their opening statements, and then issue questions and rebuttals back and forth, rather than some third party deciding what should be asked and how it should be asked.

Who the hell wouldn't love that, not to mention find it actually informative and helpful?

The Wall Shall Be Built.

The Wall Shall Be Built.

well I agree mostly

Basically, Canada itself serves as a protective barrier on our north border, rather than serving as a highway, the way Mexico does.

no...not 6 million...EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM..be it 6 million or 26 million. "Illegal' being the key word..

heh heh canada...LMAO...you're seriously going to compare canadians with the 3rd world unskilled peasants flooding in every day? comical!

thats not illegal in the way I meant

just saying even if you wall of the mexican border you've still got the canadian border, and ocean border for that matter.

Which is a ridiculous thing to say, since neither is even in the same galaxy of problems with the Mexican border.

But hey, if the Canadians ever decide to start funneling uneducated, unskilled, not-real-clear-on-lawful-behavior human flotsam across the northern border, I'm sure we'll all be perfectly happy to recommend the same treatment there.

In the meantime, "We have other borders!" is not only a deflective tactic, but a silly one.

We don't need to deport those who bring money or jobs. We need to deport those who come for our money and our jobs.

we need to treat all potential immigrants equally,...except for known criminals.
priority to refugees

No, we shouldn't. People who come here legally and follow the rules are different and should be treated differently than people who feel like whatever they want trumps our laws and our rights as citizens. We have enough rude, selfish assholes in this country already, thanks.

we need to treat all potential immigrants equally,...except for known criminals.
priority to refugees

No, we shouldn't. People who come here legally and follow the rules are different and should be treated differently than people who feel like whatever they want trumps our laws and our rights as citizens. We have enough rude, selfish assholes in this country already, thanks.

people who come here illegally should be deported....

priority to refugees
If I was at home established instead of on this tablet I would post you a paste and copy of YouTube video gumballs immigration put together by number USA which so that we are importing 1 million immigrants a year and it's not enough there are billions of people who want to come to America who make less than a Mexican in Mexico we can't allow them to all come to America without ruining America for Americans we are Team America first we need to worry about Americans first and not worry so much about everybody else so we don't need to be fair to everybody else we only need to let people in who bring money or jobs for Americans to make American lives better job to make foreigner lives better that's just the way it is

I dont agree with "only those with money or jobs",.....giving immigration priority to those who are rich is immoral...all should have a shot.

I am not saying we need to allow in a a bunch of immigrants, just that all should be given an equal shot for the spots we allow.

I'm sorry, but what is "immoral" about giving priority to people who are actually of some sort of benefit to OUR NATION, rather than acting as though residence/citizenship is some sort of prize we owe to other people and are obligated to award? This isn't the freaking lottery. It's our future.

You need a priority check.

There's been a lot of Trump support recently on the boards, but it's almost always been couched in anti-liberal rhetoric - along the lines of "I like Trump because he makes liberals upset". I have yet to see anyone put there cards on the table and publicly state that they think he would be a good President.

So here we go. Let's here some positive things about Donald Trump from the resident supporters.

What qualities does Donald Trump have that would make him a good President?
It's very hard to believe that anyone with half a brain could seriously consider Trump as someone we want to see in the White House. That anyone would think he would make a good president.

Hey, we said the same thing about Obama. :dunno:

Trump may not be the most ideal candidate ever, but it's not our fault the bar has been set so low that pretty much anyone could shuffle across that sucker.

priority to refugees

People who shoehorn their favorite parrot line into everything, regardless of its relevance to the topic, irk the snot out of me.

Dear Mr. Trump,

Here is one chief complaint from the federal left. A previous Capitalist of the Right, (sorry you are not the first) already managed to almost single-handedly overturn a maxim that now also may state; it merely takes massive federal budget surpluses to make more money under Any form of Capitalism, not merely an official Mint.

So, here is the class warfare "hurdle" you may need to "train" for regarding our "class warfare" in the US.

One perception is, that a legacy capitalist (on the Right) Only knew how to squander the "hard work" of a "cracker" who "earned" it.

What the holy blue blazing fuck are you dribbling about?

priority to refugees

People who shoehorn their favorite parrot line into everything, regardless of its relevance to the topic, irk the snot out of me.

you addressing me?

You have a problem with enforcing our laws?

priority to refugees
If I was at home established instead of on this tablet I would post you a paste and copy of YouTube video gumballs immigration put together by number USA which so that we are importing 1 million immigrants a year and it's not enough there are billions of people who want to come to America who make less than a Mexican in Mexico we can't allow them to all come to America without ruining America for Americans we are Team America first we need to worry about Americans first and not worry so much about everybody else so we don't need to be fair to everybody else we only need to let people in who bring money or jobs for Americans to make American lives better job to make foreigner lives better that's just the way it is

I dont agree with "only those with money or jobs",.....giving immigration priority to those who are rich is immoral...all should have a shot.

I am not saying we need to allow in a a bunch of immigrants, just that all should be given an equal shot for the spots we allow.
Only those that will make America greater should be allowed in, period.
No low wage immigrants until every American who wants a job has a job.
I'm fine with not letting in low wage immigrants.....but then to be fair you dont let in the rich either.

Fair to whom? And why is "fair", or any other made-up kindergarten nonsense concept, the guideline you want to work with, rather than the apparently radical notion of "beneficial to the United States"?

Only those that will make America greater should be allowed in, period.
No low wage immigrants until every American who wants a job has a job.
I'm fine with not letting in low wage immigrants.....but then to be fair you dont let in the rich either.
we don't need to be fair. We need to let in those who will create jobs for Americans. That means the rich. Pay attention to the fucking goal. The goal is more Americans working. Not in being fair.

the foreign rich also rob Americans of the chance to fund their own projects, development etc.

creating jobs aint my goal....government shouldnt be concerned about that unless it reaches crisis levels..............

so called "economic development" is an excuse for much corruption and graft.

You speak very clearly for someone with his head that far up his colon. :clap:

priority to refugees

you addressing me?

Yes, Jethro, "address the topic" means EXACTLY the same as "I don't want to enforce the law".

You have a problem with English?

If your idea of discussion and debate is to stick your fingers in your ears and shout, "Deport all illegals!" in total oblivion to anything that's actually being said, you go on with your bad self, Chuckles. But I'm not required to do the same, I'm not interested in doing the same, and "fuck off" means nothing more or less than "fuck off".

priority to refugees

you addressing me?

Yes, Jethro, "address the topic" means EXACTLY the same as "I don't want to enforce the law".

You have a problem with English?

If your idea of discussion and debate is to stick your fingers in your ears and shout, "Deport all illegals!" in total oblivion to anything that's actually being said, you go on with your bad self, Chuckles. But I'm not required to do the same, I'm not interested in doing the same, and "fuck off" means nothing more or less than "fuck off".

always classy...
deport.all.illegals.

There's been a lot of Trump support recently on the boards, but it's almost always been couched in anti-liberal rhetoric - along the lines of "I like Trump because he makes liberals upset". I have yet to see anyone put there cards on the table and publicly state that they think he would be a good President.

So here we go. Let's here some positive things about Donald Trump from the resident supporters.

What qualities does Donald Trump have that would make him a good President?

Trump is lucky he inherited $150 million from his Father. I'm an old man now but anytime a loudmouthed, conceited bastard like him used to show up at the social club where I drank on weekends, somebody would give them a good, old fashioned ass kicking.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back