Does anyone actually think that Donald Trump would make a good President?

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
In the center of it all
There's been a lot of Trump support recently on the boards, but it's almost always been couched in anti-liberal rhetoric - along the lines of "I like Trump because he makes liberals upset". I have yet to see anyone put there cards on the table and publicly state that they think he would be a good President.

So here we go. Let's here some positive things about Donald Trump from the resident supporters.

What qualities does Donald Trump have that would make him a good President?

There's been a lot of Trump support recently on the boards, but it's almost always been couched in anti-liberal rhetoric - along the lines of "I like Trump because he makes liberals upset". I have yet to see anyone put there cards on the table and publicly state that they think he would be a good President.

So here we go. Let's here some positive things about Donald Trump from the resident supporters.

You're overthinking it. This isn't about quality or even policy. Its about feeling. He's the emotional choice. You'll only fuck it up if you start injecting useless criteria like qualification or whether or not he'd actually be good at the job.

Don't ruin this for me!

He's a mover and shaker and business savvy. He's obviously succeeded in business more often than he's failed.

BTW- some undocumented immigrants ARE rapists and criminals.

Just sayin'...

When you've been down so goddamn long, he looks like up to me.

I understand your sentiment, but that's what I'm talking about in the OP - when you say that Trump is different from the others, it isn't a positive qualification for Trump, it's a negative attribute for everyone else.

Is that enough?

I'm not like most politicians, either. Would that make me a good President? I don't think so.

He's a mover and shaker and business savvy. He's obviously succeeded in business more often than he's failed.

Once more. As he's seen bankruptcy 4 times. But hey, why would anyone bother to learn from their mistakes when they can just repeat them 4 times and counting.

Trump is clearly the candidate the GOP deserves.

Just sayin'...

When you look at the balance sheets, you see that he's a lot better at branding himself than he is at actually running businesses.

But even so, there are a lot of more successful businessmen in the world than Donald Trump. Is that a qualification for President? Mitt Romney was a successful businessman, too.

Funny, I remember the same question being asked about Obama back in 2008. No one had an answer other than "he's black and you must be a racist to ask that question".

Just sayin'...

When you look at the balance sheets, you see that he's a lot better at branding himself than he is at actually running businesses.

But even so, there are a lot of more successful businessmen in the world than Donald Trump. Is that a qualification for President? Mitt Romney was a successful businessman, too.
The OP asked for conversation on the topic, so I gave it. :slap:

Just sayin'...

Uh no ... Its just that daddy left him piles and piles of money - enough that he can afford several more bankruptcies. Remember too that he cheats in business and he's sue-happy. Definitely not a good businessman.

Skylar is right - he knows what chunks of red meat to toss out to get a reaction. He's really just an enormous ego flopping around with really stupid hair and so far, he hasn't said anything of any real consequence.

The debate will be fun because he won't answer questions. He'll do his usual bob and weave, interrupting and expecting to be treated like the royalty he thinks he is.

Just sayin'...

Did you mean to quote a different post?

I am the OP, and I'm very glad that you responded - that's why I asked you follow up questions.

Just sayin'...

Did you mean to quote a different post?

I am the OP, and I'm very glad that you responded - that's why I asked you follow up questions.
Oh, that was YOU?

Well hello and how do you do. :thup:

Funny, I remember the same question being asked about Obama back in 2008. No one had an answer other than "he's black and you must be a racist to ask that question".

So here's your chance to be better than those people you "remember" from 7 years ago.

Do you have an answer?

The fact that he sends his business to China instead of hiring Americans appeals to both Republicans and RWs.

trump_china_arrow.jpg

I should have put this thread in the CDZ, but no one ever goes in there.

Please - all the liberals flaming this thread: I understand where you're coming from, but there are plenty of other threads about Trump that you can make fun of him in.

Do me a favor and let me keep this thread on topic? I'm genuinely interested in finding answers.

If Trump got the nod and actually won, his head would explode because he isn't in it to win it he's in it for the 15 minutes, to stir the pot. We're too far out anyway, let him ramble. Although I must say, I do enjoy that he isn't the least bit pc, doesn't care that some get offended (oh boo hoo hoo), doesn't give a shit about it because he's getting just what he wants ... reactionary leftists (and some rightists) wailing about The Donald. :lol:

Trump is in this strictly for his ego I don't support him and would never vote for him.

Forum List

Back