Doe anyone truly believe a ceasefire in Gaza makes sense without the return of Israeli hostages?

Noone is trying to kill civilains retard, the combatants hide amongst them.
What if the "combatants" are hiding among Jewish citizens in Israel, is it OK to shoot through them and kill them to get at the "combatants?"

What if the "combatants" are hiding among Jewish citizens in Israel, is it OK to shoot through them and kill them to get at the "combatants?"
No, of course not, but your question is irrelevant. The issue of how and when it is legal to kill civilians in a war is the subject of International Humanitarian Law, which Israel has been following meticulously. No IDF general can order a strike on a target that might cause civilian damage unless IDF lawyers first certify it would be in compliance with IHL.

No, of course not, but your question is irrelevant. The issue of how and when it is legal to kill civilians in a war is the subject of International Humanitarian Law, which Israel has been following meticulously. No IDF general can order a strike on a target that might cause civilian damage unless IDF lawyers first certify it would be in compliance with IHL.
So it's OK to kill Palestinians indiscriminantly and it's just standard procedure, but not so for Israelis?

Make it make sense.

So it's OK to kill Palestinians indiscriminantly and it's just standard procedure, but not so for Israelis?

Make it make sense.
Now you are bringing your fantasy life into the discussion. Palestinians are not being killed indiscriminately in Gaza because the IDF does launch strikes against targets that may cause damage to civilians unless it is in compliance with International Humanitarian Law. Abiding by IHL means only those civilians deaths that are unavoidable in pursuit of the mission objective of destroying Hamas are occurring.

No, TNHarley is wrong

Only HAMAS has a reason to kill the hostages

Please read my entire comment # 27 where I already explained why and how IDF has either killed the hostages or would gleefully report that Hamas killed them because the Netanyahu government is desperate for propaganda points.

- "Israeli Military Intentionally Killed Hamas Hostages? IDF Commander Faces Probe​

Over 12 Deaths"​

- "3 hostages killed by Israeli soldier in Gaza were waving a white flag, Israel says"​

It took me only 5 minutes to find just these 2 example. Who knows how many other hostages and Israelis have really been killed by trigger happy IDFers..

Thanks,

With all due respect to those who demand this. Yes, I like humanity better when we aren't at war.with one another, I am a bit of a historian of war, not a fan of it preferring to prevent instead. However, the premise of a ceasefire when over 100 hostages are being held seems rather absurd. Even morally it might appear to be a betrayal of said hostages who were kidnapped from their own homes.
Israel might choose to reduce their forces and do more pinpointed strikes in Gaza but it would be foolish of them to do anything that even looks like a ceasefire. The blocker for a ceasefire is not hostage release; the blocker for a ceasefire must be the complete and total destruction of Hamas.

My opinion is that, hostages or not, the fight continues without pause until there are no Arab men in existence or alive in Gaza, ages 14 to 84, who cannot and have not passed a polygraph showing that they are not a member of Hamas and have not participated in the planning, preparation, or execution of any attack on the Israeli people in the past 30 years.

The hostages were taken exactly for these current cries, inside and outside of Israel, for ceasefire and peace. Save the hostages, is the cry of selfish people who have already forgotten 1400 dead and to save their one family member will accept another 1400 dead family members of other Israelis. The reason the hostages were taken was to make sure that Israel would have to stop before totally destroying Hamas, so Hamas can come back and do it all over again.

The solution to hostages is to never do a thing to protect, save, recover, or otherwise respond to or acknowledge the existence of hostages - except for one thing: when you can capture someone who held a hostage, or especially someone who ordered or planned the taking of hostages, you get them and you hold public executions for them so that future potential hostage takers or holders refuse to take on those assignments because the rewards just don't even come close to matching the costs to the planners and holders of hostages.

Please read my entire comment # 27 where I already explained why and how IDF has either killed the hostages or would gleefully report that Hamas killed them because the Netanyahu government is desperate for propaganda points.

- "Israeli Military Intentionally Killed Hamas Hostages? IDF Commander Faces Probe​

Over 12 Deaths"​

- "3 hostages killed by Israeli soldier in Gaza were waving a white flag, Israel says"​

It took me only 5 minutes to find just these 2 example. Who knows how many other hostages and Israelis have really been killed by trigger happy IDFers..

I remember standing guard over nuclear weapons when I was in the service. The orders were that if a hostage was taken, we shoot the hostage to get to the bad guy. We knew that if it was us taken as hostage we would get shot. We didn't want to get shot but each of us wanted even less for a terrorist to get a nuclear weapon. Each of us would have preferred to get shot rather than to be a hostage.

I get that the civilians in Israel didn't get to make the same choice. Actually, we had no choice either; we just understood the risks versus the benefit and accepted the risk like men. The options remain the same for stopping strategic threats like Hamas. 1400 Israelis (I've heard reports even closer to 2000) were killed on October 7. If Israel capitulates in order to save 200 hostages, there will be another 1400 murdered, perhaps more, again. Take reasonable steps to not shoot through the hostages but you stop Hamas no matter what and taking hostages cannot be used to save a terrorist. Not any terrorist and not any time, no matter who the hostage.

The cowardly, selfish, families of the hostages disgust me. They are willing to see 1400 other families lose loved ones in the next attack than for them to lose one loved one in the war to stop Hamas forever. I get their mourning and their fears. Stay in their houses, huddle together with family and share love with those still with you, and keep your faces and mouths out of the press and keep your mouth shut in public.

Losing a loved one would, no doubt, be painful. But how do people of faith fear death, either their own or that of their families, so much that they would see so many other deaths in the future to prevent their death or that of their loved ones. It sort of makes you wonder about the strength of their faith, doesn't it?

Now you are bringing your fantasy life into the discussion. Palestinians are not being killed indiscriminately in Gaza because the IDF does launch strikes against targets that may cause damage to civilians unless it is in compliance with International Humanitarian Law. Abiding by IHL means only those civilians deaths that are unavoidable in pursuit of the mission objective of destroying Hamas are occurring.
I’m new here

But, is this comment a joke?

So, you are the ruler of Israel, what do you do in this situation?

Go!
If I were the leader of Israel, I would pull out the big numbers at this point but I would still have the very best of the special forces continuing in very precision, unrelenting, attacks, working through the remaining areas of Gaza.

And the whereabouts or plans of those precision attacks would be secret but that we're doing them would be very public. I would never let Hamas or the public think we'd stopped, I just think there might be a better option now for sharp, precise, deadly attacks.

That's my opinion but I don't ever forget, even having my own opinion, that Israel has paid the price to have the option to continue this war however they choose. They can go full-on large-scale attack or they can do what I suggest, or they can do anything in between. Hamas started it and it's Israel's right to finish it just however they choose to finish it.

Remember that all those dying civilians voted for Hamas for their leaders. They've spent decades hiding terrorists and supporting Hamas and other groups in Gaza. If they don't want to die, start pointing out where Hamas is within their midsts wherever they may be hiding.

I’m new here

But, is this comment a joke?

And the video is nothing more than anti-Semitic propaganda. No country on Earth, no country in the history of Earth, has taken more abuse from the rest of the world, and has done as much as has Israel to try to avoid killing innocents (if there are many innocents) while executing a war against an elected government that used their army to attacked them first.

Civilians die in war but Israel didn't choose the war. If Hamas wants the deaths of anyone, including the civilians, to stop, then just offer unconditional surrender. That's how wars end, not by the one attacked and aggressed against having to surrender to the attacker that they're defeating.

Over 12 Deaths"​

Thanks,

I wasnt there but I see no value for Israel to kill hostages

They may kill human shields when attacking arab positions

And they might mistake Jews for arabs as in the incident leading this thread

But systematically and purposely kill their own people?

No, I dont think so

And the video is nothing more than anti-Semitic propaganda. No country on Earth, no country in the history of Earth, has taken more abuse from the rest of the world, and has done as much as has Israel to try to avoid killing innocents (if there are many innocents) while executing a war against an elected government that used their army to attacked them first.

Civilians die in war but Israel didn't choose the war. If Hamas wants the deaths of anyone, including the civilians, to stop, then just offer unconditional surrender. That's how wars end, not by the one attacked and aggressed against having to surrender to the attacker that they're defeating.
OK 😂

With all due respect to those who demand this. Yes, I like humanity better when we aren't at war.with one another, I am a bit of a historian of war, not a fan of it preferring to prevent instead. However, the premise of a ceasefire when over 100 hostages are being held seems rather absurd. Even morally it might appear to be a betrayal of said hostages who were kidnapped from their own homes.
A ceasefire in Gaza will only make sense after Gazans run up the White Flag of Unconditional Surrender...

Forum List

Back