Doe anyone truly believe a ceasefire in Gaza makes sense without the return of Israeli hostages?

Hamas is getting more money now than on 10/6.
People don’t seem to know this, but Trump cut off the money flow to the Palis because the Islamic terrorists were taking it to build rockets. Biden restored the funding as soon as he took office.

Of course it does, how does genociding innocent Palestinian citizens HELP in getting the hostages?
Your response interests me because I posted back in Oct that Hamas had to be outside rational thinking because it gave Likud and Bibi precisely what it wanted. An excuse to take the land by running off the Pales and killing those left.

Six months or so on, imo the reality is really that Isreal's govt doesn't have the CAPACITY for peace. Bibi career is built on working with anyone (including hamas) to avoid any Pale state so the Jews could do their creeping genocide.

Not that hamas is better. They want to do the same, but Israel is more efficient

I see more holocaust survivors starve to death in those three minute International Fellowship of Christians and Jews TV commercials they keep playing at every break.

I gave money to them right after 10/7. I was concerned that donations would be diverted to Israel (I donated there too), so wanted to do my part to help these poor Holocaust survivors.

Just saying.

People don’t seem to know this, but Trump cut off the money flow to the Palis because the Islamic terrorists were taking it to build rockets. Biden restored the funding as soon as he took office.

Not only that, but Trump's sanctions on Iran put the kibosh on their financing of terrorists. It was assholes like Obama and Biden who eased the sanctions and freed up a buttload of money for the Iranians, who are behind most of this.

Gawd I miss having a real President.

"Antisemite" is too kind. I've taken to calling them "Jew-Haters" but "Nazi Fucks" would probably be more appropriate.
You know, I’m sure you’ve come to know me as a nice, Jewish girl - a little too sensitive at times - and brought up to avoid profanity, but in this case….

Nazi Fucks it will be!

Not only that, but Trump's sanctions on Iran put the kibosh on their financing of terrorists. It was assholes like Obama and Biden who eased the sanctions and freed up a buttload of money for the Iranians, who are behind most of this.

Absolutely. Obama and his puppet Biden couldn’t wait to enrich Israel’s enemy.

You know, I’m sure you’ve come to know me as a nice, Jewish girl - a little too sensitive at times - and brought up to avoid profanity, but in this case….

Nazi Fucks it will be!

Or "Nazi Bastards" if you want to be modest. :laughing0301:

P.S. I can’t tell you how much I pray for a Trump win.

Thats not all

Thats not all
I know. Israel gives a tremendous amount to the people who want to destroy their own people.

I'm not one of the most devout goyim, but I was praying my ass off on election night of 2016.
Gd hears ALL prayers! :)

Pray for this upcoming election as if your life and freedom depends on it, because it likely will.

Provide a link to a reliable source that shows any Pals have died of starvation.

I'm assuming from your username that you're mature enough to face facts and have also old enough to have seen what modern munitions and fire do to human bones and tissue and, therefore, would not wish the horrors of combat on any fellow human being.

I'm not aware of anyone else here who has spent in and around Palestinian refugee camps or seen and heard from people whose stories are little different from those of Holocaust survivors I have known.

While there are significant historical differences between the Holocaust and the Nakba, as far as Westerners are concerned, the 2 primary differences are:

1. A day doesn't pass when Hollywood / MSM doesn't ensure that Western audiences are exposed to one melodramatic and sympathetic Holocaust story after another.
Meanwhile, in over 70 years, I have never seen even one documentary or fictional drama related to the Nakba produced by Hollywood or Western MSM outlet.

2. Reparations:
Again, I am not trying to minimize, deny or trivialize either tragic event; only to illustrate just one of the many little known inequities that help to fuel today's cyclical violence.
Briefly put, many of Germany's Jews saw their family members executed, their homes destroyed and their land stolen.
Because of the less than ethical efforts(1), (2) of what Norman Finkelstein calls "The Holocaust Industry", Holocaust survivors have received $ Billions in reparations for their losses from the WW 2 era..

About the same time that the Holocaust was ending, the Nakba began. Nazi trained and armed Zionist terrorist gangs invaded Palestine where they murdered, raped, mutilated and destroyed (3) with the same genocidal zeal as today's murderous Zionists (4) who murder, steal and destroy not only with impunity but with the aid of the US funded IDF.
Unlike Holocaust survivors, Nakba survivors receive nothing but further abuse.

As the Levantine violence spreads to Africa, Lebanon, Syria and beyond, the greatest threat to America is the right wing Israeli lobbies that control America's Middle East policy.

The same right wing Israeli lobbies that deceived the US into sacrificing more young American G.I.s in the war on Iraq(5) are currently pushing harder and harder to manipulate the US into a de facto war on much of the Islamic world for the sake of "Greater Israel"

Finally, you requested credible links supporting the fact that there are starvation deaths due to Israel's ongoing blocking of aid.
Please let me know what you think of two links I found. (6), (7)

Thanks,

(1). "17 CHARGED IN $42 MILLION HOLOCAUST FRAUD CASE"
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40093058/...ed-million-holocaust-fraud-case/#.XU62pSMwi_U

EXCERPT "Federal prosecutors said Tuesday they have broken up a long-running scam in which people falsely claimed to be victims of the Nazi persecution so they could get money out of a fund that pays Holocaust reparations."CONTINUED

(2) "HOLOCAUST CLAIMS CONFERENCE FRAUD LIKELY ‘MUCH HIGHER’ THAN $57 MILLION"

EXCERPT "For over a decade, a criminal ring within the organization embezzled tens of millions of dollars through false restitution claims.”CONTINUED

(3). “Deir Yasin Massacre, 09.04.1948”

EXCERPT " One of the worst Zionist massacres committed against Palestinians is the Deir Yasin massacre. Defenceless Palestinian civilians were tortured before being massacres and their bodies mutilated. Women and children were raped, babies were butchered and pregnant women were bayoneted." CONTINUED

(4). "Israel Must Loudly Arrest the Murderous West Bank Settlers"

3, November 2023

EXCERPT "Since Hamas’ Oct. 7 attack, settlers there have killed more than 120 Palestinians and injured at least 2,000. They have forcibly expelled more than 800 Palestinians from their homes, blown up their generators and solar panels, and burned down tents of Bedouin herders.

Again: This has been going on not in Gaza but in the West Bank—which is governed by the Palestinian Authority, not by Hamas." CONTINUED

(5). “QUIETLY LOBBYING CONGRESS TO APPROVE THE USE OF FORCE IN IRAQ WAS ONE OF AIPAC’S SUCCESSES OVER THE PAST YEAR.”

AIPAC Executive Director Howard Kohr; N.Y. Sun, Jan. 2003

(6). "It’s not just Israeli bombs that have killed children in Gaza. Now some are dying of hunger too"

EXCERPT "At least 20 people have died from malnutrition and dehydration at the north’s Kamal Adwan and Shifa hospitals, according to the Health Ministry. Most of the dead are children — including ones as old as 15 — as well as a 72-year-old man." CONTINUED

(7). "Israel Lobby Pushes Lie That People Are Not Starving in Gaza: Report"

EXCERPT "As Gaza nears famine, the pro-Israel lobby AIPAC instructs supporters to tell lawmakers that “reports that people are starving in Gaza are false”

The powerful lobbying group American Israel Public Affairs Committee, or AIPAC, is working to maintain support for Israel’s war, amid increased protests and public outcry. This week, AIPAC convened in Maryland for its annual policy conference, which it uses to marshal its donors and supporters to serve as a grassroots lobbying army in the halls of Congress.

The Prospect obtained a copy of AIPAC’s talking points for supporters heading to the Hill — and they are extreme, to say the least. The documents instruct supporters to claim that “reports that people are starving in Gaza are false,” and say that “Israel is not blocking the delivery of aid to Gaza.” CONTINUED

Finally, you requested credible links supporting the fact that there are starvation deaths due to Israel's ongoing blocking of aid.
Please let me know what you think of two links I found. (6), (7)
I'm not sure why you would think a short news article citing Hamas Health Ministry numbers nor opinion pieces about AIPAC would be "credible". The least you might have done was cite the actual reports from the UN and UNICEF from which the information appears to have been selectively drawn. (Which is not at all to say that the UN or UNICEF are themselves reliable sources).

Here and here.

It might also be useful to take a look at the IPC (Integrated Food Security Phase Classification) website for direct information on the many global crises related to access to food, such as the 600,000 in Phase 4 (Emergency) in Bangladesh, 4.9 million Phase 4 in Sudan, 1.3 million Phase 4 in Yemen. and the 1.6 million Phase 4 in Haiti.

Interesting to note that the entry for the Gaza Strip is PROJECTED based on "most likely" and "worst case" scenarios and "assumption of escalation of the conflict" at the time of the latest report (December 2023). I do wonder who decides on the "most likely scenario" for events yet to occur and how quickly-- or if-- those results are corrected.

The UNICEF press release even comes with a disclaimer: "Due to security and access challenges throughout the Gaza Strip, it is nearly impossible to collect anthropometric data to measure rates of acute malnutrition. Collection of anthropometric data (MUAC) was only possible in two areas (North Gaza and Rafah) among children under 2 years of age. The report therefore used an innovative method of analysis to support this data and determine that acute malnutrition is rising throughout the Gaza Strip."

"Innovative", huh? I can think of a few other words: made a guess, established a new protocol to be used only for conflicts involving Israel, maybe?

This is not to say that there haven't been some instances of food-scarcity-related deaths in Gaza in recent weeks--I find individual accounts of medically compromised children with very specific dietary needs to be especially credible--but this is like much of the discourse here on USMB which tends towards emotive language, exaggeration, and intentional misuse of language in order to demonize one side or the other, as well as a lack of understanding about credible sources.

Additionally, the two linked articles utterly fail to prove that the CAUSE of the food insecurity is "due to Israel's blocking of aid", and instead list a number of causes, correlations, and incidental factors, not the least of which is the conflict itself. The responsibility for both instigating this particular conflict and continuing it lies entirely with Hamas (release the hostages and surrender). I have yet to see any credible evidence that Israel is preventing or restricting aide.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you would think a short news article citing Hamas Health Ministry numbers nor opinion pieces about AIPAC would be "credible". The least you might have done was cite the actual reports from the UN and UNICEF from which the information appears to have been selectively drawn. (Which is not at all to say that the UN or UNICEF are themselves reliable sources).

Here and here.

It might also be useful to take a look at the IPC (Integrated Food Security Phase Classification) website for direct information on the many global crises related to access to food, such as the 600,000 in Phase 4 (Emergency) in Bangladesh, 4.9 million Phase 4 in Sudan, 1.3 million Phase 4 in Yemen. and the 1.6 million Phase 4 in Haiti.

Interesting to note that the entry for the Gaza Strip is PROJECTED based on "most likely" and "worst case" scenarios and "assumption of escalation of the conflict" at the time of the latest report (December 2023). I do wonder who decides on the "most likely scenario" for events yet to occur and how quickly-- or if-- those results are corrected.

The UNICEF press release even comes with a disclaimer: "Due to security and access challenges throughout the Gaza Strip, it is nearly impossible to collect anthropometric data to measure rates of acute malnutrition. Collection of anthropometric data (MUAC) was only possible in two areas (North Gaza and Rafah) among children under 2 years of age. The report therefore used an innovative method of analysis to support this data and determine that acute malnutrition is rising throughout the Gaza Strip."

"Innovative", huh? I can think of a few other words: made a guess, established a new protocol to be used only for conflicts involving Israel, maybe?

This is not to say that there haven't been some instances of food-scarcity-related deaths in Gaza in recent weeks--I find individual accounts of medically compromised children with very specific dietary needs to be especially credible--but this is like much of the discourse here on USMB which tends towards emotive language, exaggeration, and intentional misuse of language in order to demonize one side or the other, as well as a lack of understanding about credible sources.

Additionally, the two linked articles utterly fail to prove that the CAUSE of the food insecurity is "due to Israel's blocking of aid", and instead list a number of causes, correlations, and incidental factors, not the least of which is the conflict itself. The responsibility for both instigating this particular conflict and continuing it lies entirely with Hamas (release the hostages and surrender). I have yet to see any credible evidence that Israel is preventing or restricting aide.

I'm not surprised to read that you've essentially admitted that, in your opinion, anyone critical of Israel's declared starvation policy is not credible but you'll believe absolutely anything from the flimsiest of sources that supports your favorite Holocaust lore.

You'll believe the entirely fictional canard that "Hitler killed 6 million Jews" even though there is absolutely no evidence to support that popular myth:

“To the present day a written order by Hitler regarding the destruction of the European Jewish community has not been found, and, in all probability, this order was never given.”

- Walter Laqueur, Was niemand wissen wollte: Die Unterdruckung der Nachrichten uber Hitlers Endlösung (What Nobody Wanted to Know: The Suppression of News About Hitler’s “Final Solution”), (Berlin-Vienna, 1981), p.190

Meanwhile, your Defense Minister, Yoav Gallant, openly declared Israel's intention to starve Gaza's long tormented men, women and children:

EXCERPT “Israeli Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant declared it in no uncertain terms on October 9th: “We are imposing a complete siege on Gaza. No electricity, no food, no water, no fuel. Everything is closed. We are fighting human animals, and we will act accordingly.”

Indeed, Israel’s genocidal assault on Gaza is quite explicit, open, and unashamed. Perpetrators of genocide usually do not express their intentions so clearly," CONTINUED (1)

What part of:" No electricity, no food, no water, no fuel. Everything is closed." is unclear to you?

Oxfam is yet another reputable relief organization that confirms that starvation is just another weapon used for Israel's genocidal agenda:

"Gaza hunger figures “worst on record” - says Oxfam"

EXCERPT “Northern Gaza is days away from famine and the rest of Gaza faces a similar fate. Children are already dying of malnutrition and starvation under the gaze of the international community. Since December, the number of people in Gaza who have plunged into catastrophic levels of hunger, has nearly doubled.

“Oxfam’s report today shows how Israel is causing these horrifying figures, by deliberately blocking food and aid from going into Gaza. It has been using starvation as a weapon of war for over five months now. The humanitarian situation in Gaza has actually worsened since the International Court of Justice (ICJ) specifically ordered Israel to enable more aid. Israel’s deliberate manufacturing of suffering is systemic and of such scale and intensity that it creates a real risk of a genocide in Gaza.

“We cannot wait for a declaration of famine to stop these appalling atrocities and massively scale up humanitarian operations." CONTINUED

Ethical Jews and Jewish organizations (2) who see that the Gaza genocide only solidifies existing anti Jewish / anti Israel sentiment and only creates anti Jewish sentiment where none existed are not so myopic as Israel's genocidal Zionists whose greed and bloodlust blind them to the long term detrimental effects or enraging their enemies and alienating Israel's few remaining allies.

I hope that you will look more objectively at what more and more of the world is condemning as Netanyahu's inhumane Gaza genocide.

Thanks,

(1). “A Textbook Case of Genocide”

“Israel has been explicit about what it’s carrying out in Gaza. Why isn’t the world listening?”

(2). “Jews Against Genocide statement and action”

EXCERPT “We, Jews Against Genocide, came to Yad Vashem, Israel’s memorial of the genocide committed against Jews, to honor the Palestinian children who are dying in a genocide committed by Jews.

We brought dolls to symbolise the children of Gaza, and tried to bring a glimpse of the horror that Gazan’s face, to Israel’s doorstep. We hope to show Israel, and the world, the absurd reality of using the memory of one genocide to justify another.” CONTINUED

What part of:" No electricity, no food, no water, no fuel. Everything is closed." is unclear to you?
This is perfectly clear. It is an odious statement. The problem I have is that you are using one emotional statement, yes, even by the Defense Minister, in the midst of an invasion, attack, and the commission of atrocities against the sovereign people of Israel as an indication that Israel, as a whole, either its government or its people, have an ongoing policy toward causing the starvation of the people of Gaza with intent and purpose to commit genocide.

This is so easily refuted by the ACTIONS taken by the Israeli government in the past six months, that it defies belief anyone could hold such an opinion, let alone one who calls for "objectivity". There are hundreds of trucks going in to Gaza every day. Food. Water. Fuel. Medical supplies. Emergency shelters. Not only are both truck crossings open and functioning, but there is now an operating port(!) for this purpose. Things are not "closed". You can argue that there is not ENOUGH. You can argue that it takes too much TIME to inspect each truck. You can argue that there is inadequate DISTRIBUTION. You can argue the significant DANGER inherent during an active conflict. These would be reasonable and objective arguments. But arguing that "no food, no water, no fuel" is entering Gaza is patently ridiculous.
“Oxfam’s report today shows how Israel is causing these horrifying figures, by deliberately blocking food and aid from going into Gaza. It has been using starvation as a weapon of war for over five months now.
The objectivity and credibility of the humanitarian organizations IS in question. I would be happy to delve into that further, should you wish to pursue that line of conversation.

But let's discuss the specific claims made by Oxfam in their report. They are:
  1. A total military siege amounting to collective punishment.
  2. An unjustifiably inefficient process of inspection protocols.
  3. Arbitrary rejection of "dual-use" items.
  4. Decimation, destruction, disruption.
  5. Attacks on aid workers, humanitarian facilities, and aid convoys.
  6. Absence of safety and forced displacement.
  7. Systematic denial of humanitarian missions and access restrictions humanitarian workers.
Did you want to start at the top? Or do you have a favourite?

I ask for credible sources and the UN and Pals are not credible they will say any lie against Israel.

Just because a source doesn't come from the UN or the Palestinians doesn't mean it's going to reflect your opinions.

These three articles all come from Israeli media so they must be true...... right?

(1) "11,500 Children Have Been Killed in Gaza. Horror of This Scale Has No Explanation"

(2). “Israel Does Not Want Peace”

EXCERPT “Israel does not want peace. There is nothing I have ever written that I would be happier to be proved wrong about. But the evidence is piling up. In fact, it can be said that Israel has never wanted peace – a just peace, that is, one based on a just compromise for both sides.

In recent years, Israel has moved away from even the aspiration to make peace. It has despaired utterly of it. Peace has disappeared from the Israeli agenda, “ CONTINUED

(3). "The Israel Massacre Forces"
https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-the-israel-massacre-forces-1.5962852

EXCERPT "The shooting on the Gaza border shows once again that the killing of Palestinians is accepted in Israel more lightly than the killing of mosquitoes"CONTINUED

-------------------------------------------

Since you apparently feel that all Palestinians lie and all Jews / Israelis only tell the truth, you must believe everything claimed by these Jews / Israelis is truthful:

(4). “Jews Against Genocide statement and action”

EXCERPT “We, Jews Against Genocide, came to Yad Vashem, Israel’s memorial of the genocide committed against Jews, to honor the Palestinian children who are dying in a genocide committed by Jews.

We brought dolls to symbolise the children of Gaza, and tried to bring a glimpse of the horror that Gazan’s face, to Israel’s doorstep. We hope to show Israel, and the world, the absurd reality of using the memory of one genocide to justify another.” CONTINUED

(5). “A Textbook Case of Genocide”

“Israel has been explicit about what it’s carrying out in Gaza. Why isn’t the world listening?”

EXCERPT "But the assault on Gaza can also be understood in other terms: as a textbook case of genocide unfolding in front of our eyes. I say this as a scholar of genocide, who has spent many years writing about Israeli mass violence against Palestinians. I have written about settler colonialism and Jewish supremacy in Israel, the distortion of the Holocaust to boost the Israeli arms industry, the weaponization of antisemitism accusations to justify Israeli violence against Palestinians, and the racist regime of Israeli apartheid. “ CONTINUED

-------------------------------

So, it looks like these ethical Jews and Israelis are not afraid to speak up and condemn Netanyahu's genocidal land grab along with the rest of the rational world.

The tragic yet suspicious events of 7 October 2023 were no surprise to at least a few members of the Netanyahu regime who knew of the "surprise" attack at least a year in advance. (6)

Not only was it blatantly obvious when and where the attack would occur, multiple warnings from guards using the most sophisticated monitoring technology on the planet, Hamas even posted a video showing exactly where, when and how the "surprise" attack would occur.

To those familiar with Israel's right wing element, the idea that at least some high ranking government officials knew that the attack would occur and preferred to sacrifice others for a long awaited opportunity to exterminate or evict Gaza's native population and seize Gaza as another step toward their "Greater Israel".

As I've mentioned before, this would not be the first time that Zionists were willing to sacrifice the lives of other Jews for their "Greater Israel:

“If I knew that it was possible to save all the children of Germany by transporting them to England, and only half by transferring them to the Land of Israel, I would choose the latter, for before us lies not only the numbers of these children but the historical reckoning of the people of Israel.”

Ben-Gurion (Quoted on pp 855-56 in Shabtai Teveth’s Ben-Gurion in a slightly different translation).

(6). "New York Times report says Israel knew about Hamas attack over a year in advance"

EXCERPT "The attack was planned in plain sight. A month before the assault, Hamas posted a video to social media showing fighters using explosives to blast through a replica of the border gate, sweep in on pickup trucks and then move building by building through a full-scale reconstruction of an Israeli town, firing automatic weapons at human-silhouetted paper targets.

In the video, the militants destroyed mock-ups of the wall’s concrete towers and a communications antenna, just as they would do for real on Oct. 7.

Adding to public outrage over the military’s apparent negligence, the Israeli media has reported that military officials dismissed warnings from female border spotters who warned that they were witnessing Hamas’ preparations for the attack. According to the media reports, the young women reported seeing Hamas drones and attempts to knock out Israeli border cameras in the months leading up to the attack." CONTINUED

Forum List

Back