Do You Think The Fast & Furious Scandal Is Worse Than Watergate Scandal?

Bullshit. NO ONE GOT KILLED in Watergate.

IDIOT.

That's why I said the Bush admin lying to go to war with Iraq was the worst. Over 4,000 US troops dead because of the scumbag Bush and the GOP shitheads.

Here are statements from three prominent Democrats that Bush got his information from. Are you going to call them liars as well?

"There's no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat... Yes, he has chemical and biological weapons. He's had those for a long time. But the United States right now is on a very much different defensive posture than we were before September 11th of 2001... He is, as far as we know, actively pursuing nuclear capabilities, though he doesn't have nuclear warheads yet. If he were to acquire nuclear weapons, I think our friends in the region would fac
e greatly increased risks as would we." -- Wesley Clark on September 26, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." -- Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

And, I have several dozen more similar statements from Democrats as well as information on WMD's from other free world intelligence agencies. Yet dumb fucks like you think Bush lied.

GW did lie.

You seem to be clueless on how intel is distributed to..and by the white house.

The white house is on top..and has the top clearance.

Defending the indefensible. Boy, the Obamabots are stooping to levels even i didn't think they could stoop too. Pretty shocking.

This is hardly a blip. Even the right knows its been an enormous waste of money and is only about "getting" President Obama. The funny part is, its the job of the attorney general to decide and mete out punishment.

Meanwhile, the R's are still filibustering, obstructing, sending jobs and money over seas while working hard to take freedoms away from American people.

BTW, there is no doubt that the Rs will vote for contempt.

No surprise there.

It's been funny watching the Right Wing Politburo?Punditry try and pimp this issue.

You would think that, but for F&F, the Mexican Cartels wouldn't have any weapons to kill border agents with. Somehow I doubt that.

What ever happened to "guns don't kill people...."

And if we are going to start getting incredulous about putting weapons in the hands of bad guys:

*cough!* *cough!* Iran Contra... *cough!* *cough!*

What?! You mean to say that there is precedent? What happened to the folks in charge when that happened?

I think it's a very interesting question. Most were very willing to crucify the President over Watergate. So what about 'Fast & Furious?' What do you think?

What exactly is the scandal??? Besides another attempt by Republicans to discredit the prez and his administration?? And you are trying to compare this to Watergate??? :cuckoo:

Watergate could be compared to the Monika Lewinsky scandal. It was a botched robbery/break in to get campaign information. Not a real big deal. Had Nixon handled it differently, he would be remembered as one of our greatest Presidents today.
Bill Clinton got a blow job. Not a big deal.
What screwed up both Nixon and clinton was the cover up. One cover-up ended with a disbarment and impeachment, the other ended with a President resigning in disgrace.
Gun Walking has resulted in the death of at least one Federal Agent and perhaps hundreds of innocent Mexican citizens. For it to be compounded with a cover-up of Nixonian proportions, makes it far worse than either Watergate or Monika-gate and it will only get worse, the longer holder and obama stonewall Congress.

If you honestly think a botched police investigation is worse than Watergate, you're such a radical partisan that you're not capable of even elementary reasoning.

If you honestly thinking people dying because of a botched police investigation is not worse than Watergate I am not the one who is a radical partisan.

I think a lot of people on the far right want it to be worse than the watergate scandal.

But.. "No."

On your scale people dying is not as bad as a bungled politically motivated burglary.

Good to know where you stand.

No. On my scale, illegal things are worse than non-illegal things.

So did the DOJ break the law with this botched sting?

The right has sooooo screwed istself on this one

So you really believe your Dear Leader/Democrats somehow gain Votes by covering up this terrible event? Man, you really are one twisted Obamabot. I guess McCain really was right about you guys. 'Party before Country.' Always 'Party before Country' with you guys.

That's exactly what it is. Police has been running stings for decades.

Really?Explain Holder denyiong it's existense from the start? Blaming Bush for it (which was refuted TODAY)...

Face it? People DIED. Holder is in deep as is Obama...

You need to wake your ass up son.

This isn't defendable.

Well, there goes more evidence that you don't know what you're talking about by saying the Bush administration wasn't involved (last time I checked, Bush was still in the White House in 2007 when the operation started).

Yeah, a guy died. That's tragic. That doesn't mean the people involved in the sting were engaged in a massive criminal conspiracy.

Please try to keep up.

I think it's a very interesting question. Most were very willing to crucify the President over Watergate. So what about 'Fast & Furious?' What do you think?

What exactly is the scandal??? Besides another attempt by Republicans to discredit the prez and his administration?? And you are trying to compare this to Watergate??? :cuckoo:

Watergate could be compared to the Monika Lewinsky scandal. It was a botched robbery/break in to get campaign information. Not a real big deal. Had Nixon handled it differently, he would be remembered as one of our greatest Presidents today.
Bill Clinton got a blow job. Not a big deal.
What screwed up both Nixon and clinton was the cover up. One cover-up ended with a disbarment and impeachment, the other ended with a President resigning in disgrace.
Gun Walking has resulted in the death of at least one Federal Agent and perhaps hundreds of innocent Mexican citizens. For it to be compounded with a cover-up of Nixonian proportions, makes it far worse than either Watergate or Monika-gate and it will only get worse, the longer holder and obama stonewall Congress.

Well said. Thanks.

This isn't botched 'Police Investigation'.

What planet have you been on? I suggest YOU go back...and soon.

Of course it wasn't a botched police investigation. The police investigation correctly identified the weapons. Therefore it wasn't botched. Unless democrats think that the police should never have conducted an investigation at all. Or just lied about it.

There was no botching. The path led up to Fast and Furious. The documents being requested all occurred AFTER F&F was identified as a government project. How much communication occurred between the justice dept and the white house? That's the question asked. We already know that the guns that killed thousands of mexicans, who knows how many Americans and Brian Terry came from the US. That's not an issue. How much involvement did the presidebt have? Holder said none. If he is telling the truth there is no basis for executive privilege because there was no executive involvement. If there was involvement by the white house, Holder was lying. It has to be one or the other.

The vile little insect pretending to be the president also said that the leaks which could only have come from the white house didn't come from the white house. How many people did those leaks kill?

obama is an out and out liar.

Indeed. They were weapons PURCHASED by the United States Government...D O J...in order to trace them...

A US Agent is dead...how many Mexican Citizens?

And for what? To enrage the US public in an effort to stir passions to repeal the Second Amendment?

To 'Control the bitter clingers'? (As Obama put it)?

It stinks.

Holder had the oppritunity to cooperate...he instead gets his boss to ratchet it up to a Constitutional showdown.

The "for what" is pretty obvious: to track the guns to figure out how the cartels are moving their arms. But you're so deep in conspiracy land.

Oh wait! You mean to tell me that Obama and Holder are not to blame for the death of Terry, but they are to blame for covering up facts surrounding his death?

That is outrageous!

Obviously you're being willfully ignorant. It's not about Politics. His Family is dealing with the shocking fact their loved-one was brutally murdered with weapons provided by their own Government. And Obama & Holder are to blame. It's not a Republican vs. Democrat issue. It's about answers and justice.

I love that word "provided". It suggests such a friendly gesture. I'm sure you mean to use it to convey a fact. The US government happily gave the bad guys guns so that they could be used against Americans and innocent Mexicans. It is so obvious.

No, they happily gave them guns so they could be used to prove that guns are trafficked across the border into Mexico. Since that was all they cared about at the time, they didn't bother to take any precautions to make sure said guns were not later used against Americans or Mexicans.

Please feel free to explain why I shouldn't have a problem with that.

I think a lot of people on the far right want it to be worse than the watergate scandal.

But.. "No."

On your scale people dying is not as bad as a bungled politically motivated burglary.

Good to know where you stand.

No. On my scale, illegal things are worse than non-illegal things.

So did the DOJ break the law with this botched sting?

No, but that won't keep them from throwing a little fit.

Of course it wasn't a botched police investigation. The police investigation correctly identified the weapons. Therefore it wasn't botched. Unless democrats think that the police should never have conducted an investigation at all. Or just lied about it.

There was no botching. The path led up to Fast and Furious. The documents being requested all occurred AFTER F&F was identified as a government project. How much communication occurred between the justice dept and the white house? That's the question asked. We already know that the guns that killed thousands of mexicans, who knows how many Americans and Brian Terry came from the US. That's not an issue. How much involvement did the presidebt have? Holder said none. If he is telling the truth there is no basis for executive privilege because there was no executive involvement. If there was involvement by the white house, Holder was lying. It has to be one or the other.

The vile little insect pretending to be the president also said that the leaks which could only have come from the white house didn't come from the white house. How many people did those leaks kill?

obama is an out and out liar.

Indeed. They were weapons PURCHASED by the United States Government...D O J...in order to trace them...

A US Agent is dead...how many Mexican Citizens?

And for what? To enrage the US public in an effort to stir passions to repeal the Second Amendment?

To 'Control the bitter clingers'? (As Obama put it)?

It stinks.

Holder had the oppritunity to cooperate...he instead gets his boss to ratchet it up to a Constitutional showdown.

The "for what" is pretty obvious: to track the guns to figure out how the cartels are moving their arms. But you're so deep in conspiracy land.

Remember. "Guns don't kill people. People kill people".....

If you honestly think a botched police investigation is worse than Watergate, you're such a radical partisan that you're not capable of even elementary reasoning.

This isn't botched 'Police Investigation'.

What planet have you been on? I suggest YOU go back...and soon.

That's exactly what it is. Police has been running stings for decades.

In the context of your sentence Police is singular, so I can only assume you are referring to this group, and the lead singer called Sting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs"]The Police - Every Breath You Take - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back